KTPAFlyer
Topic Author

ME3 vs US Restrictions: The future

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:12 am

Hello A.net,

With the uncertainty that has been unleashed in the form of subsidy allegations, travel bans, and electronic restrictions, I think it is safe to say that the next few years will determine whether the ME3 will become a victim of a decline initiated not by the market or financial failure, but by a increasingly brutal legal battle or whether they will emerge as a new class of bulletproof airlines. My question is how long can this last, will the ME3 survive (survive meaning the ability to grow or sustain from the current position in an adverse/unfavorable climate), and where will they draw the line and fight back. As we have seen with countless other airlines, there always comes a point where you have to fight back if you want any chance of surviving, whether that is adapting to LCC, aggressive restructuring, etc. When will that be for the ME3? We have already seen them introduce some cost-cutting measures; will increased restrictions hemorrhage losses? The 35% drop overnight for EK will make a dent, and the US is one of EK's largest markets; if new restrictions are introduced, this figure will only go up. If it hits 50% and doesn't recover, how will they respond? Obviously, the ME3 are not going to do anything dramatic like restructuring, but in legal terms, will they opt to play hardball or keep eating losses?

BobPatterson

Re: ME3 vs US Restrictions: The future

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:22 am

Already covered here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1357619

The 35% figure is a fiction, of sorts, without explanation.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos