Here's what I'd do with Air Canada:
1. Replace the current tail design with a stylized Canada goose logo with the wings filling the fin and it's body just below the fin, on the fuselage. The Canada goose logo is blue.
2. Have all a/c painted with navy blue on the bottom half of the fuselage, and a red cheater that thickens towards the nose.
3. Get rid of the "Air Canada" title - and replace with "Canadian". Same goes for the regional, but with "Regional" added.
4. Sell all
the Airbus widebodies - and acquire 777-200's and 777-300's instead. Keep the 762/763 fleet. And the 744's too (but not the Combis!).
5. Keep all the Airbus narrowbodies, but get rid of all
737-200's and DC-9's and
the F28 fleet. Replace them with A318's and 717-200's
6. Relegate all AC CRJ-200's to the regional(s).
7. Move the HQ to Calgary. Announce huge layoffs in Montreal, and at the same time, start an aggressive hiring campaign in Western Canada.
8. Fire Uncle Milty and his cronies. Replace them with not-so-arrogant CEO's who really know how to run an airline.
Does this "new" image sound familiar?