kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 4/17: Remembering the fallen

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:22 pm

Good evening everyone,

As we're now doing monthly threads, rather than waiting until we reach a certain number of posts, here is our April thread, 4/17.

The dominant aviation news story this month was of course, a tragic one, the loss of Rescue 116, the Coast Guard S-92, and its four crew, under the command of Capt. Dara Fitzpatrick. Within the last few days, we heard about another helicopter tragedy, this time in Wales, but involving a Dublin bound helicopter. Sincerest condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of all of those lost.

Some other notable events this month:

- Emirates A380 coming to Dublin ... and not coming.
- Qatar announces A350 on Dublin inaugural.
- Dublin Airport runway gets planning extension, as nearby residents threaten legal action
- Norwegian and Ryanair plan link-up/feeder operation for t/a flights
- Talk of T3 at Dublin; minister expresses support and the McEvaddys are ready to move forward, with financing from Dubai
- Avalon and CIT - two major lessors with a major presence in Ireland - to merge.
- Traffic up, including from the M/E (which had been flat or declining for much of last year)
- Aer Lingus hikes baggage fees on short haul.

Here's the link to the last thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1356759

Enjoy!

OA260

Re: Irish 4/17: Remembering the fallen

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Former Ryanair cabin crew reveals most annoying things passengers do

This former member of cabin crew says working for Ryanair was the worst job of his life. Not, though, for the reasons you might think

Working as cabin crew for Ryanair was one of the worst jobs that Joseph* says he has ever had. But not for the reasons you might think. As a member of the cabin crew in Stansted for one year, the 23-year-old was forced to deal with passengers at their absolute worst with nowhere to escape.

“We had some quite dramatic passengers,” he tells The Independent. "I remember one case where the seat belt sign had been turned on because we were experiencing turbulence. A father was holding his daughter around his neck and I said, ‘Please sit down in your seats or anywhere that is safe’. And he started arguing with me and telling me his daughter had to pee. Eventually they sat down and as soon as the seatbelt sign turned off he went to my cabin supervisor and asked for my name. He said that I’d put his daughter’s life in danger. It was completely ridiculous.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 52596.html

ClassicLover

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm

OA260 wrote:

Haha! I love the Ryanair spokesperson saying that are thinking about bringing in pre-order meals. That would be interesting. It's one thing that doesn't seem to get much traction in the industry really. I think people like choosing as they fly.

Meanwhile, I flew DUB-AMS on KLM Cityhopper in their Europe Business Class. If anyone wants a read, the trip report is here.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1359585

It was nice to contrast it with my usual BA and EI flights, that's for sure!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Galwayman

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:38 am

Articles about what Cabin Crew think about passengers are outdated. Nobody cares what the staff in MacDonslds think about them .

It's just irrevant

OA260

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm

ClassicLover wrote:

Haha! I love the Ryanair spokesperson saying that are thinking about bringing in pre-order meals. That would be interesting. It's one thing that doesn't seem to get much traction in the industry really. I think people like choosing as they fly.

I do like pre order and can usually decide what I want before the flight. Of course others are different. I have been unable to pre order for EI flights for the majority of them recently. Even though the confirmation emails advertise it as being an option. Jet2 are a really good example of how to do pre order.

http://www.jet2.com/travel-extras/meals/

ClassicLover

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

OA260 wrote:
I do like pre order and can usually decide what I want before the flight. Of course others are different. I have been unable to pre order for EI flights for the majority of them recently. Even though the confirmation emails advertise it as being an option. Jet2 are a really good example of how to do pre order.

http://www.jet2.com/travel-extras/meals/

Wow, that looks fantastic to be quite honest. I would be trying to fly them often just to work my way through all the meals. I like how it there are so many different choices as well as decent pictures and an easy way to compare with the grid format.

Impressive! Now that would make sense for Aer Lingus. I think pre-order on EI has gone the way of AerSpace... oblivion!

Joelatbsl

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Ryanair has been quick to add a couple of Dublin-Lyon-Dublin roundtrips for the European Rugby Champions Cup semifinal in Lyon on 23 April 2017:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... final.html

OA260

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:52 am

Revealed: Why immigration queues have become longer at Dublin Airport

Increased passenger numbers mean passengers are facing longer waiting times at passport control at Dublin Airport, it has emerged.

Passengers have taken to social media to vent their anger at being greeted with lengthy queues when they touch down in the capital before they get to Passport Control, particularly in the evening.

Due to a spate of terrorist attacks last year security measures have been heightened at the airport, although this has caused waiting times to increase.
Everyone's passports and travel documents are scanned by immigration officers on an international database.
Previously checks with Interpol were only carried out infrequently, generally when suspicions were already raised about a passenger.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ne ... 92292.html

---

€10bn deal makes Avolon third-biggest global lessor

Dublin-based aircraft leasing company Avolon has completed its $10.4bn (€9.7bn) acquisition of CIT's aircraft leasing business.

The deal propels Avolon, which was co-founded by Clare native Domhnal Slattery, to being the world's third-biggest aircraft lessor after Gecas and AerCap.

Mr Slattery, who is Avolon's CEO, has previously stated that he intends to grow Avolon to being the world's biggest aircraft lessor.
Avolon emerged as the successful bidder for CIT's leasing assets last October and the deal effectively doubles its fleet size.
Avolon has acquired a business with a "stellar reputation", said Mr Slattery.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 94417.html

ClassicLover

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

OA260 wrote:
Revealed: Why immigration queues have become longer at Dublin Airport

Increased passenger numbers mean passengers are facing longer waiting times at passport control at Dublin Airport, it has emerged.

Passengers have taken to social media to vent their anger at being greeted with lengthy queues when they touch down in the capital before they get to Passport Control, particularly in the evening.

That's very true. I arrived back into T2 on Sunday night and the EU queue was quite long. It moved the whole time but took 10 to 20 minutes to get through. I almost used my Australian Passport to go through the non-EU line which had about 4 people in it, but knew that would be cheating.

Meanwhile, SuperValu Rewards are offering double Avios for converting between 3 April and 30 April.

I was not aware you could convert money off vouchers. I just converted €27.50 of money off vouchers into 5,500 Avios! It's usually €2.50 for 250 Avios. Now that is something I wasn't aware of. A very nice haul really!

User001

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:06 pm

New airline for Dublin, Air Arabia Maroc.

2 weekly Wed/Sat flight from 4th October to Agadir. A320 used.

Confirmed on airlines website.

OA260

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Noise complaints soar over Dublin airport

The number of noise complaints about aircraft using Dublin airport has almost trebled this year.
A total of 146 have been logged in the first three months of the year, compared to 56 in the first quarter of 2015.
One person lodged 13 last month, while another resident based in Malahide made 12 formal objections. An aircraft used to calibrate noise monitoring equipment, located in and around the airport, was the subject of 21 complaints last month when it operated a number of night flights.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nois ... -dnkbsv0dm

ClassicLover

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Please, aircraft are much quieter than they were previously. Anyone who complains about airport noise in the 21st century is a moron, quite frankly. If there have been an increase, you can bet that it's people getting in complaints so they can protest the new runway going in. Pretty silly really. Let them sit under a 707 landing or taking off in the late 1970s and then we'll talk about noise. Aircraft used to be incredibly noisy!

OA260

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:32 am

Ryanair set to feed Aer Lingus and Norwegian flights from the autumn

Ryanair will start feeding passengers to Aer Lingus and Norwegian flights from September, according to chief marketing officer Kenny Jacobs.

Launching Ryanair's latest 'Always Getting Better' plan in London yesterday, Mr Jacobs said that the airline also plans to sign deals with additional carriers in the future.

He said Ryanair eventually expects to work with all IAG-owned airlines, which apart from Aer Lingus also include Iberia, British Airways and Vueling. He said Ryanair also expects to eventually have agreements with carriers such as Lufthansa and Air France-KLM.

The autumn launch is later than previously anticipated and Ryanair has been talking about sealing agreements with other carriers for some time. Chief executive Michael O'Leary has also held talks with embattled Alitalia about how it might feed its long-haul network.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 01537.html

---

Latest hotel for Dublin Airport gets yes to lift off

A COMPANY controlled by London-based hoteliers has been granted permission for a 10-storey, 427-bedroom hotel near Dublin Airport.

It will be one of the country's biggest hotels when it's built.

Carra Shore (Dublin) has secured permission from Fingal County Council for the project, which is likely to cost tens of millions of euro.

Located in Clonshaugh, it will be just a short drive from the airport and close to a burgeoning network of new hotels and hotel extensions that are springing up to cope with growing demand as the number of passengers using the airport soars.

Last year, the airport handled close to 28 million passengers and this year the number will edge towards 30 million.

Carra Shore is controlled by backers including Jalaluddin Kajani and other family members.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 01522.html

---

Call for assessor to examine CityJet's books in dispute

The Labour Court has recommended an independent assessor looks at CityJet's books in the dispute between the airline and a number of its pilots.

The court has recommended that the independent assessor be tasked with verifying to the pilots' union Unite the financial position of CityJet as outlined in the airline's submission to the court.

The independent assessor will also be tasked with costing Unite's claim and setting out the value and cost of the CityJet offer.

The Labour Court has also stated that the independent assessor should set out the value and cost of CityJet's offer so that the Unite members will be helped to understand fully the value to them of that offer and its cost to CityJet.

The court also ruled that the cost of the independent assessor should be borne by CityJet, which was founded by Pat Byrne.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 97640.html

Pe@rson

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:44 am

I see the EIFC is alive and well with reference to feeding EI v. beginning online connections. :D I couldn't resist. ;)
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

JAmie2k9

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:07 am

Air Transit are to extending their seasonal DUB-YYZ service to operate weekly throughout November. I believe they also operated a few flights around Xmas/NY just one as well. With EI appearing to keep A330 on YYZ with an extra weekly frequency that's large increase in capacity.

JAmie2k9

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:08 am

OA260 wrote:

The number of noise complaints about aircraft using Dublin airport has almost trebled this year.
A total of 146 have been logged in the first three months of the year, compared to 56 in the first quarter of 2015.
One person lodged 13 last month, while another resident based in Malahide made 12 formal objections. An aircraft used to calibrate noise monitoring equipment, located in and around the airport, was the subject of 21 complaints last month when it operated a number of night flights.

So pick 2015 figures instead of 2016 for bigger effect!

OA260

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:42 am

Pe@rson wrote:
I see the EIFC is alive and well with reference to feeding EI v. beginning online connections. :D I couldn't resist. ;)

MOL said it would never happen ;) Whether its feeding or connections never say never .... In other FR news it seems they may not stay on DUB-AMS for the long run.

Eirules

Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:16 pm

One assumes you continue to book your flight as normal through EI or a travel agent and the FR connection is offered as well as / instead of the previous EI connection. But if something goes wrong, who's liable? Has that been confirmed yet?
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

Dardania

Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Eirules wrote:
One assumes you continue to book your flight as normal through EI or a travel agent and the FR connection is offered as well as / instead of the previous EI connection. But if something goes wrong, who's liable? Has that been confirmed yet?

Speculation: if Ryanair are insisting on 3 hours layover, which is extremely generous, it implies that maybe they are accepting responsibility for their end (e.g. if you miss the LH because of FR being delayed...)

alancostello

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:07 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Air Transit are to extending their seasonal DUB-YYZ service to operate weekly throughout November. I believe they also operated a few flights around Xmas/NY just one as well. With EI appearing to keep A330 on YYZ with an extra weekly frequency that's large increase in capacity.

I wonder are we likely to then see the 757 redeployed to another route?

iRISH251

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm

OA260 wrote:

Calibration flights are to check navaids such as ILS and VOR.

BestWestern

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:19 pm

CityJet have leased two ARJs to KLM for their LCY AMS services. They have also opened a base in Tallin on behalf of SK.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

OA260

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Cork runway may be too short for Norwegian Air flights to New York

Proposed route hinges on fuel consumption of new Boeing aircraft, airline says
Norwegian Air International may not be able to fly its proposed route from Cork to New York because the Irish airport’s runway is too short, according to its group chief executive, Bjorn Kjos.

The carrier will begin flying from Ireland to the US east coast from July, including the first transatlantic service from Cork, which will serve TF Green Airport in Providence.

Norwegian is also considering a service to Stewart International in New York state from Cork next year, but Mr Kjos said the airline would have to see if it was possible to fly this route “because of the runway length”.

The length of Cork Airport’s runway, 2,133m, means Norwegian cannot fill the Boeing 737 Max aircraft it intends using on the Providence route, to ensure the aircraft can take off.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.3041237

AmricanShamrok

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes AerClub to update your account after you've flown?

EI321

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:46 pm

There's an article regarding the McEvaddys proposed third terminal in Dublin in today's Sunday Independent business section.

gullairACK

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:57 pm

[quote="OA260"]Cork runway may be too short for Norwegian Air flights to New York

Norwegian Air International may not be able to fly its proposed route from Cork to New York because the Irish airport’s runway is too short, according to its group chief executive, Bjorn Kjos

Whoa...let me get this straight. Norwegian had an existing certificate to operate EU-US routes, but mysteriously is insistent that a new subsidiary is set up in Ireland before they would serve the unserved market of Cork to US nonstop. They are so adamant they persevere over a year with the approval process when US airline unions point out that 3rd country work contracts could be used (Thai) by all routes of the Irish subsidiary if set up. They submit the point to lawmakers that Cork would finally have a transatlantic link if approved to lawmakers. The approval was stalled by Obama. Trump approves it. Suddenly; Dublin, Shannon and Edinburgh come out of the sidelines and scoop 2 and 3 times daily service to Stewart, New York; Providence, Rhode Island and Hartford, Connecticut. Cork gets 3 flight a week to Providence...
And now they say the previously unserved Cork -US service is threatened due to the length of the Cork runway.

Well now, that is something for the support at all cost Irish government and Cork lobbyists to consider. Cork has been used as a pawn it would appear.

cc47

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Wait a minute, 17/35 is bigger than 16/34 at DUB, a runway which EK 777s and EI A330s take off from. How can't 17/35 at ORK handle a 737MAX

tonystan

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:16 pm

cc47 wrote:
Wait a minute, 17/35 is bigger than 16/34 at DUB, a runway which EK 777s and EI A330s take off from. How can't 17/35 at ORK handle a 737MAX

Cork 17/35 = 2133m
DUB 16/34 = 2637m
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

styles9002

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm

gullairACK wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Cork runway may be too short for Norwegian Air flights to New York

Norwegian Air International may not be able to fly its proposed route from Cork to New York because the Irish airport’s runway is too short, according to its group chief executive, Bjorn Kjos

Whoa...let me get this straight. Norwegian had an existing certificate to operate EU-US routes, but mysteriously is insistent that a new subsidiary is set up in Ireland before they would serve the unserved market of Cork to US nonstop. They are so adamant they persevere over a year with the approval process when US airline unions point out that 3rd country work contracts could be used (Thai) by all routes of the Irish subsidiary if set up. They submit the point to lawmakers that Cork would finally have a transatlantic link if approved to lawmakers. The approval was stalled by Obama. Trump approves it. Suddenly; Dublin, Shannon and Edinburgh come out of the sidelines and scoop 2 and 3 times daily service to Stewart, New York; Providence, Rhode Island and Hartford, Connecticut. Cork gets 3 flight a week to Providence...
And now they say the previously unserved Cork -US service is threatened due to the length of the Cork runway.

Well now, that is something for the support at all cost Irish government and Cork lobbyists to consider. Cork has been used as a pawn it would appear.

I think you may need to re-read that article or perhaps read it in full. Kos is talking about a possible future ORK-SWF service and not the ORK-PVD service which is on sale now and scheduled to commence July 1st. I don't read anywhere that is mentions ORK-PVD is not going ahead. Additionally, did DY/D8 ever state they were not planning on launching service from other Irish or Scottish airports to the US?

Beyond that, what was 'mysterious' to you about the Irish AOC request? It certainly wasn't 'mysterious' to me why Norwegian applied for it.
It is what it is.

cc47

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:50 pm

tonystan wrote:
cc47 wrote:

Cork 17/35 = 2133m
DUB 16/34 = 2637m

Dublin 10/28 is 2637m, 16/34 is 2072m

tonystan

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:38 pm

cc47 wrote:
tonystan wrote:
cc47 wrote:

Cork 17/35 = 2133m
DUB 16/34 = 2637m

Dublin 10/28 is 2637m, 16/34 is 2072m

Or that! Lol

But you don't see the B777s using 16/34 and rarely except in unique wind conditions see the A330s taking off on it either. Landings see it a bit more for the 330s!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

OA260

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:48 pm

On-board Wi-Fi – 3 New Plans on the North Atlantic

From 5th April 2017, we are launching three new plan options for Wi-Fi. These new price plan options will be available for our economy guests to purchase on our North Atlantic routes and European routes that are served by our A330 fleet.

The new plans are changing from time-based options to data-volume based options – giving more choice and saving.

Details of the new plans are:

€6.95 / $7.95 50MB
€13.95 / $15.95 120MB
€29.95 / $32.95 270MB

OA260

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 am

Dublin Airport passenger traffic rises 5% to 5.8m
New DAA figures show record 2.2 million people used capital’s airport last month

New figures show that the number of people travelling through Irish airports grew in the opening months of the year.

More than 5.8 million passengers flew in and out of Dublin Airport in the first quarter, an increase of 260,000 or 5 per cent on the same period last year.

Separate figures from aviation news and database provider, Anna Aero, show that total traffic in Irish airports during the first two months of the year was 4.18 million.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.3044984

---

Councillor told to ‘change the record’ over repeated criticism of public money being spent on City of Derry Airport

A local councillor has been told to ‘change the record’ over his criticism of public money being used to support City of Derry Airport.

Paul Gallagher, an independent councillor on Derry City and Strabane District Council, has regularly criticised the level of subsidy being provided to the airport by the council.

The latest figures made public show that the council is paying around £2m a year to support the airport.

https://www.derrynow.com/news/councillo ... ort/155779

dstc47

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:34 pm

OA260 wrote:
City of Derry Airport

The latest figures made public show that the council is paying around £2m a year to support the airport.

Plus the Stormont administration payments for essential air services.
Not a vast amount compared to what has been spent on support of some of the regional airports in the Republic.

gullairACK

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:00 pm

[quote="styles9002"][quote="gullairACK"][quote="OA260"]Cork runway may be too short for Norwegian Air flights to New York

I think you may need to re-read that article or perhaps read it in full. Kos is talking about a possible future ORK-SWF service and not the ORK-PVD service which is on sale now and scheduled to commence July 1st. I don't read anywhere that is mentions ORK-PVD is not going ahead.

Apologies, you are absolutely correct and the article does if fact differentiate the 2.
"The length of Cork Airport’s runway, 2,133m, means Norwegian cannot fill the Boeing 737 Max aircraft it intends using on the Providence route, to ensure the aircraft can take off.
Fuel consumption
However, because New York is further south, and thus a longer journey, Mr Kjos said that it may not be possible to complete it from Cork and that this would hinge on fuel consumption."

Additionally, did DY/D8 ever state they were not planning on launching service from other Irish or Scottish airports to the US?
No, but Cork was the first route announced by the carrier wishing to use the new Irish cert. The status as an unserved market was strongly supported as a reason to support the Congress vote. The case would be greatly diluted if the markets were served by existing carriers. Shannon did not emerge as a contender until the case was already stalled by the Obama administration. The use of Cork for the launch over Shannon and Dublin was strategic to seek approval in my opinion.

Beyond that, what was 'mysterious' to you about the Irish AOC request? The reported ability to use third nation work contracts that would be permitted under Irish aviation law. Would Irish Rail permit similar?

Sorry, not able to use quote feature properly. My bad.

Eirules

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:05 am

Rumour on one of the other threads that AA are going year round on ORD-DUB using 788
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

JAmie2k9

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:43 am

Eirules wrote:
Rumour on one of the other threads that AA are going year round on ORD-DUB using 788

Would be great to see them back but they have delayed summer 788 by a month already!

styles9002

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Beyond that, what was 'mysterious' to you about the Irish AOC request? The reported ability to use third nation work contracts that would be permitted under Irish aviation law. Would Irish Rail permit similar?
ENDQUOTE

Sounds like you have an issue with Irish law then. Were you also 'mystified' when multi-nationals like Microsoft, Google and Apple employed the 'Double Irish' tax strategy to minimize corporate tax liability which was permitted by Irish law?
It is what it is.

User001

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:52 pm

The KU117 flight from KWI-JFK will now remain at SNN until 21st May before moving to Manchester.

Not sure what's caused the temporary change of heart, but changes are reflected in the airlines website.

styles9002

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:54 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Would be great to see them back but they have delayed summer 788 by a month already!

This delay has been reported elsewhere as part of a much larger schedule and equipment revision across the network and I don't think it is exclusive to ORD-DUB. Hopefully, there won't be any further delays in the B788 replacing the B763.

Beyond that, I also read that ORD-DUB could go year round as well. Not certain if that is accurate but if it is it would be an interesting development.
It is what it is.

JAmie2k9

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:35 pm

styles9002 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

This delay has been reported elsewhere as part of a much larger schedule and equipment revision across the network and I don't think it is exclusive to ORD-DUB. Hopefully, there won't be any further delays in the B788 replacing the B763.

Beyond that, I also read that ORD-DUB could go year round as well. Not certain if that is accurate but if it is it would be an interesting development.

The B788 was only down for July, August and September. Now just August and September, back to B763 for October. I will be suprised if the B788 manages to operate on DUB this summer. Who knows about next winter or summer 2018.

User001

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 pm

The B787 had a woeful time at MAN last summer, as the Chicago was cancelled so many times or equipment swap back to the B767.

It may have a slightly better dispatch rate this summer with more based at ORD, who knows, but I'd be weary to see it back at MAN just yet so maybe DUB would be better just sticking to the B767 also.

totalturbine

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 am

Did anybody else see a Qatar flight landing in Dublin this morning? A bit ahead of schedule, surely?!

Or maybe my eyesight is failing me...

User001

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:15 am

Was it in for paint?

BestWestern

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:24 am

Shannon politics has raised its head again, this thread is complaining the DAA is poaching passengers from Shannon.

Can Someome talk sense into these guys? Is there an election due or something?

http://clareherald.com/2017/04/harty-ac ... ers-21192/

Shannon is also reducing its category to level 5

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/ ... costs.html
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

AirbusA343

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 am

totalturbine wrote:
Did anybody else see a Qatar flight landing in Dublin this morning? A bit ahead of schedule, surely?!

Or maybe my eyesight is failing me...

I'd say it's for a repaint.

OA260

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:11 am

Dublin Airport set for 340,000 passengers over Easter weekend

Over 2,300 flights are expected to arrive and depart from the airport between Friday April 14 and Monday April 17.

Dublin Airport is set to welcome almost 340,000 passengers through its doors over the Easter weekend, a 12% increase on last year.

And over 2,300 flights are expected to arrive and depart from the airport from Friday April 14 to Monday April 17.

Tomorrow is expected to be the busiest day of the weekend, with around 100,000 passengers arriving and departing from the airport.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-ne ... s-12890651

kaitak
Topic Author

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Some ex-Aer Lingus aircraft on the move ...

EI-DUB, which is now AP-BKL of Shaheen Air, was flown from KHI to PHX and then on to GYR (Phoenix Goodyear). It was line no. 55, second A330 delivered to EI and sadly, that hop to Goodyear can only mean its final flight.

Another ex-EI (or in this case, EI Commuter) aircraft on the move is the former EI-FKF, which has now become 5Y-JWX of Kenyan airline Jetways Airlines. 'FKF flew with EIC from Feb 1991 to Nov 2003, joining Denim Air initially and then VLM, as OO-VLP.

The AAIU has released its preliminary report into the loss of the Coast Guard S-92, EI-ICR:

http://www.aaiu.ie/sites/default/files/ ... MINARY.pdf

This report from Sky provides some information about the final moments: http://news.sky.com/story/were-gone-fin ... d-10836347

SURFER

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 pm

BestWestern wrote:
Shannon politics has raised its head again, this thread is complaining the DAA is poaching passengers from Shannon.

Can Someome talk sense into these guys? Is there an election due or something?

http://clareherald.com/2017/04/harty-ac ... ers-21192/

Shannon is also reducing its category to level 5

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/ ... costs.html

Incorrect it is being reduced to category 7 with step up to CAT9 when required.

ClassicLover

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:53 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes AerClub to update your account after you've flown?

My last flight on 8 April from DUB to LHR posted on 12 April.

So far, Aer Club has been fine for me. SuperValu transfers post the next day or day after, flights post within a couple of days. I guess having no balance to speak of was probably a good thing. Are people still having issues?

For reference, the DUB-LHR flight cost something like €59 including selecting 3A and I earned 159 Avios. I'm now up around 8,000 Avios in my EI account.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos