tappan

I Met Richard Branson Today

Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:29 pm

I met Richard Branson today at the opening of The Virgin Records store in Boston. I asked him if he had ever gone to airliners.net site. He had never heard of us, unfortunately. I told him I had some nice pictures of some of his 747's....
Anyway, he was a nice guy and he said he will check out a.net...
Mark Garfinkel

jared

RE: I Met Richard Branson Today

Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:30 pm

Heh cool Mark.

On an unrelated note, did you check prices of cds there? At Virgin in like LA cds are $18-20. It would be a shame if the discs are those kinds of prices here in Boston.

ILS

Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:32 pm

Awesome!

777-200

Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:34 pm

lol, Richard might be reading this right now.  Big thumbs up
Another Day, Another Dollar.... Young Jeezy

tappan

Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:40 pm

I was there for my job. I photographed him for tommorrow's Boston Herald. Seemed like areally nice guy. Of course I wanted him to say something like, "oh yeah I know a.net and I love your photos Of my planes  Smile
Mark Garfinkel

Sat Feb 16, 2002 2:49 pm

When I lived in London I knew a couple of people who worked in various businesses owned by him. Every year he has a party at his country house and all his staff are invited and if they want to stay over they are welcome to pitch a tent on his lawn. He sometimes gets major music acts to perform.

lmml 14/32

Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:16 pm

I have read his autobio "Losing my Virginity". There are other versions (or should I say virgins !!) of this book which I suppose are just as good. He is a jolly, fun loving fellow. But also a shrewd businessman. I talked to the crew of a Virgin 747 and they all said the same.

Sam the Lab

Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:13 pm

Allowed guests to pitch in a tent in his lawn. He is so generous to his guests!

blink182

Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:52 am

There is a Virgin Records where I live, do you know what the price range for their cds are? I can't stand paying an arm for a cd at Borders. Wherehouse Music is a little better, but not by much.

So far the cheapest I know of is Amazon.com, but when you figure in the price of shipping and handling it ends up being about the same.

Anyway, why doesn't he just build a big guest house? It's not like he doesn't have the money  Big grin
It is nice of him to let his guests pitch a tent on his lawn though.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

C-GRYK

Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:35 am

Sir Richard is quite an impressive man. I would love the opportunity just to shake his hand and congratulate him on such a successful career, not only with his airlines, but with everything else he has done. He is a leader in the world of capitalism that is for sure, and on top of his successes, I've heard he is quite a genuine man who welcomes to opportunity to hear what his customers have to say.

On a side note, Virgin Megastore is opening in Toronto later this year, and my readings into things tell me that Sir Richard wants to restart a VS Toronto service within the year.

Way to go Sir Richard and Virgin, one great brand with one great leader/innovator.

Jeremy
Think before you type!

VS11

Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:24 am

I was there too!!!

I took lots of pictures with him. I had a picture taken while I was talking to him, and I had also a picture with those very nice FAs from VS

regards,

VS11

Islander

Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:31 am

Anyone who thinks Richard Branson is a 'really nice guy' or 'quite a genuine man' please read a book 'Branson' by Tom Bower.

C-GRYK

Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:45 am

Islander,
I'll try to find it, but I would still love to personally congratulate him one day, his accomplishments in this world are extraordinary and probably legendary. I doubt many people could ever do what he has done, but I will try to find the book.

Thanks

Jeremy
Think before you type!

VgnAtl747

Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:51 am

Lucky. I think it would be quite an experience to meet him. And the fact that you actually spoke to him. Incredible.

Mike
Creator.Moderator - VSFAN
http://vsfan.uprootedtech.com
Work Hard. Fly Right. Continental Airlines

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos