Federico
Topic Author

AR 340

Fri Aug 20, 1999 6:28 am

Has anyone been on an Aerolineas Argentina's A340 recently? What did you think of the service etc?

RE: I Haven't, But Would Like To.

Fri Aug 20, 1999 11:59 pm

Federico, when are AR going to give BA a little competition? I haven't seen them in London for years, did they give up? AR's red, leather-like seats were one of the most comfortable I've ever flown in (in Economy). I've flown them once, from LHR to EZE, when they were leasing a 747-SP.

I'd love to fly their A340, but are they coming to London or not? BA flies from Gatwick daily now, and their flights are pretty much 100% full. I think that the only advantage BA might have, if AR flies to the UK again, is that BA will have PTV's in Economy aswell.

Regards,
Alexander.

Federico
Topic Author

RE: I Haven't, But Would Like To.

Sat Aug 21, 1999 3:22 am

As far as I know AR is still flying to London (Airliners.net has a pic of a 747 landing in London, check it out) and the they are supposed to start flying non-stop with the 340-200. Maybe they're waiting for the -300s, not sure though. I know that the -300s will be used to fly non-stop to JFK and LAX.

lima

RE: AR 340

Sat Aug 21, 1999 3:33 am

I haven´t flown but I have seen an interview when it was introduced. They are currently heavily promoting the new first class service onboard A340´s on routes to Paris, Auckland, Sydney and New York. The seats are the typical 90 degree ones, with personal t.v. and phone, thus more competitive with other airlines. Friends told me that the service has improved in past times, especially since AA took management.

Tailscraper: Aerolineas is somehow restoring service to cities abandoned during the later part of the Iberia administration. London service with B747´s was finished in 1997, so maybe in the medium term they will resume with A340´s but probably unlikely before the end of the year. They just started to fly again to Rome (but with 747´s) and are evaluating restoring service to Los Angeles so maybe a new EZE-LAX nonstop.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos