mariner

Frontier Jet Express

Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:10 am

The first Frontier Jet Express leaves SJC at sparrow fart tomorrow, which means (I guess) that it will have to be positioned today.

So someone must know what the livery is - a crittter on the tail?

BA? Colorado guys? Anyone?

Cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

RE: Frontier Jet Express

Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:31 am

Mariner,

What will be the regular first flight of the day (06:35am) will not operate out of SJC tomorrow. The first flight arrives SJC from DEN at 10:20 am and then departs at 10:55am. Then on Monday they start the full schedule.

Richard Silagi

mariner

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:48 am

Thanks for that, Richard. It makes sense.

But I guess the plane is painted, and must be at DEN? There's a logo for the airline at the MESA website, but that's all I can find.

Cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

Boeing Nut

Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:53 am

I heard that Frontier is going with rejionals this time. Can anyone confirm this?
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

ILS

Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:00 am

Signed a code-share agreement that will include at least 5 Canadair RJ200s.
Mesa, will start service as Frontier Jet Express from the Denver International Airport to new destinations.
It also will provide complimentary service in some markets currently served by Frontier.
Frontier will become Mesa's 4th codeshare which already includes America West, Midwest Express and US Airways.

Wouldn't it just be in Mesa colours?

mariner

Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:11 am

Hi, ILS:

None of the other code shares are in MESA colors. The only one that is is the "pure" MESA (not a code share), that operates out of Alburquerque, as MESA Airlines. All the others have the livery of the major.

In the MESA statement about the codeshares, that they say that although they "own" the the express airlines, the deal gives them the right to have the livery and codes of the major.

The logo on the MESA website is the new Frontier lettering, with the addition of "Jet Express" in smaller, red letters.

But hey, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

By the way, the CEO of MESA is now saying that there will be 7 CRJ's flying for FRNT by the end of the year.

Cheers

mariner

aeternum nauta

jmc1975

Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:39 am

Mesa flies many CRJs for America West Express in pure Mesa Airlines livery or are just plain white. You can bet that Frontier JetExpress will be no exception.

mariner

Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:26 am

Jmc1975:

Well, you may be right, although I wouldn't take the bet. But I would be surprised - and a bit disappointed.

I'd love to see those critter tails on a CRJ.

Cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

CRJCA

Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:31 am

OK all, this is how it'll play out. Mesa will fly white CRJ's with the Frontier JetExpress lettering. The tail will be the Mesa logo. That's the plan for now. We'll see if either Mesa or Frontier will splurge for the new "Critter" paint jobs on the tail but I believe Frontier actually prefers the Mesa logo. Yes, there will be 4 CRJs in DEN by April 7 and the plan is to have 7 there by 12/02.

BA

Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:44 am

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I'm on vacation in Montrose now.  Smile

Anyways, I'm not sure weather JetExpress will have its own livery or not.

I know that Frontier asked Great Lakes Airlines to put scenic images on the tails, so I'm guessing they will do the same for Frontier JetExpress.

We'll find out soon enough!

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:59 am

BA: Montrose or Telluride? If it's T-ride, how's Prospect Bowl?

BA

Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:09 am

I'm in Montrose right now. I visited Telluride today though.

The road to Prospect Bowl is closed now, so I don't know.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:06 am

I'm going out there in March(from PHL on HP via PHX Big grin). Is it true that there is a drought going on right now and/or any predictions on if it will end?