atwingo

Best Seat On AF IAD-CDG?

Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:46 pm

Could you all be so kind as to tell me what is the best seat in economy on the AF 777??? I am leaving March 29th on the late flight. Thank you
Atwingo

ILS

RE: Best Seat On AF IAD-CDG?

Sun Feb 17, 2002 12:52 pm

Row 23 is bulkhead and looks nice to me. Or row 35 is awesome because it has about 10 feet of legroom because it is an exit row.  Big thumbs up

airfrancejfk

Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:04 pm

Bulkhead row 23 is good. Emergency exit row 35 is even better. However, don't expect to get it simply by request. Bulkhead 23A and 23L are basinet enabled seats reserved for mothers travelling with infants. The rest of row 23 is reserved for Club 2000, FPRouge, FPBleu, and other High Contribution passengers. In the event that there arent any, then give it a shot. There are also bulkheads on row 36EFG, however 36E & 36G are basinet seats, and are reserved for mothers with infants. In the event that 36F is empty, I doubt you'd want to sit there, with 2 infants on either side of you.

Emergency exits are reserved for very tall passengers, and are sometimes given out at the gate. Unless you're over 6'4", I'd advise you to ask at the gate. Whatever you do, don't sit on row 31ABC/JKL or 48 AB/KL, no recline whatsoever. Best of luck.

b764

Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:34 pm

I'm a bit uninformed when it comes to international travel. So if you make a reservation, you don't get your seat assignment when you book your ticket? Do all airlines including US based airlines do it this way?

airfrancejfk

Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:47 am

I think it depends on the type of ticket that you have. Usually persons with full fare Y economy class tickets are allowed to chose their seats. G class and L class passengers usually have them assigned at the airport. However, in the case of a full flight, then no matter how much you pay, your seating is done at the airport. In addition, cotrary to popular belief, no one can reserve an emergency exit or bulkhead. The airport staff assigns them on the day of the flight.

atwingo

Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:51 am

Thank you guys. Much appreciated.

cba

Mon Feb 18, 2002 3:09 am

I've reserved an Emergency exit before. Seating is done on a first come first serve basis. Those who book first get the first choice in seats. I always fly with an L class fare, and I always manage to find a good seat. Just have a printed version of the aircraft's seating chart handy when you book, or if you book online, you can select your seat.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos