UA744Flagship
Topic Author

When Will We See UAL's New Stuff?

Fri Aug 20, 1999 3:21 pm

When wil we EVER see pictures and descriptions of the United First Suite, new seats, other service classes (United Business, United Economy, United Economy Plus), and the new Decor 5 on UAL's website. They never update much of ual.com. The "service classes" section is so old that all they did was stick in "United Business" for "connoiseur" in the old, undescriptive text. It's so so sad, here is an excerpt from it: "United Business, labeled by the industry as Business Class..." Anyway, I tried e-mailing the ual.com staff, and all I got was some lousy form e-mail (they have form letters for e-mail now, for gawdsakes!) Oh, and I mosied on over to aa.com and I guess American put in a new section on their new interiors. The new interiors in all classes are SO much better than the old ones, in fact they are *really* sophisticatedly designed. And I thought Continental's interior was nice! However, Economy on AA's 777 looks REALLY REALLY cramped, like it had less than 30" of pitch.
no wire hangers!

FLY777UAL

RE: When Will We See UAL's New Stuff?

Fri Aug 20, 1999 4:50 pm

UAL is currently in the process of a new website design for the "Classes of Service" section. The overseas websites (in particular the UK site) have many pics of the new seats (not sure about the United First Suite, however), new colors, and new tray set-ups (Business Class).

FLY777UAL

UA744Flagship
Topic Author

FLY777UAL

Sat Aug 21, 1999 2:50 am

I have been to all the worldwide sites (including the UK one) searching for the aforementioned, and I have only found pics of the new First Class (not first Suite), Business Class, and Economy Class seats. There were no pictures of descriptions of the new colors/trays that are part of the new Decor 5. BTW, do you know why UAL did not come out with fully reclining First Class seats for the non-suite First Class? It seems as if every other airline has a fully-flat seat in first class.
no wire hangers!

FLY777UAL

RE: FLY777UAL

Sat Aug 21, 1999 3:13 am

Hmm...I will try and scan some pics up later today with the new features. United need a new seat product for the 767 (now flying shorter, secondary international routes) and in some international 777 aircraft, yet they didn't want to sacrafice any room from either the First or Business Class cabins (ie: taking out seats), and becuase the routes they are placed on fly full most of the time, and need the 206 seats (767-3) or 292 seats (777), yet they don't warrant another flight.

I have heard from many people in UA management that they are heavily considering placing the United First Suite in all long-haul aircraft (some 777's and 747's already have them).

FLY777UAL