• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Topic Author
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello all! The 2017 Paris Air Show is upon us! It's shaping up to be a very interesting event this time around, so let's get started!

This thread is for Boeing news and orders. Boeing will no doubt be making some news at Paris. It is widely anticipated that the 737 MAX 10 will be launched at the show with some big ticket launch customers. Information on the Middle of Market "797" is also expected to be elaborated as the likelihood of a new airliner grows at Boeing.

According to Boeing, a couple 787s and a 777-300ER will be brought for flying demonstrations and static display. The Boeing 737 MAX 9 and 787-10 will also make their public debut as well.

A P-8A, V-22, AH-64 Apache and CH-47 Chinook will also be among the static display exhibits as well.

This show will be vital for Boeing! Let's get started!

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/paris-air-show

Image
Image
Last edited by Boeing778X on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Progressivism is a Cancer
Utopia is a Myth
You are not entitled to Anything
 
pabloeing
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Waiting B777X orders ¡¡¡¡
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Topic Author
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm

pabloeing wrote:
Waiting B777X orders ¡¡¡¡


Singapore could confirm their order for 20x 777-9s and 19x 787-10s at the show.
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Progressivism is a Cancer
Utopia is a Myth
You are not entitled to Anything
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Love that 787-10 photo you have there, absolutely beautiful.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Boeing778X wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Waiting B777X orders ¡¡¡¡


Singapore could confirm their order for 20x 777-9s and 19x 787-10s at the show.

And a big rumour about Air New Zealand B777-9X order for 10 planes.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:57 pm

pabloeing wrote:
Boeing778X wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
Waiting B777X orders ¡¡¡¡


Singapore could confirm their order for 20x 777-9s and 19x 787-10s at the show.

And a big rumour about Air New Zealand B777-9X order for 10 planes.


Haven't heard this one before, would love to see this come to fruition!.
 
bunumuring
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 pm

i havent heard the Air New Zealand rumour either.... But the last I DID hear was that the A350 was level-pegging with the 777X to replace the classic 777s... With a decision a while off yet. Still, Air New Zealand may pull a rabbit out of its hat in this buyer's market!
I hope that the rumour is true! But 10 frames seem an awful lot in one hit for them. Maybe something like 6 firm and 4 options? Maybe a few extra Dreamliners in the mix as well?
Cheers,
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!
 
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:47 am

pabloeing wrote:
[ And a big rumour about Air New Zealand B777-9X order for 10 planes.

Thinking back to the very recent Investor day presentation in the Q and A part the CFO said that they would be doing a RFI for wide bodies later in the FY.In a more recent speech CEO Luxon spoke of looking for a replacement for the 77E. They have 3 77W coming off "short term lease" in the FY2019-2021 time frame. Of course they could roll the leases over but they may elect not to. Their intent is to fly deeper in to North America and ORD is frequently mentioned . This is pretty much at the limit of NZ's 789/77W capability. Thus a 778/779 order seems possible.
 
User avatar
77west
Posts: 851
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:13 am

I believe both the 77X family and the A350 family could work for NZ, but see the 77X having an edge in commonality with existing fleet.
77West - AW109S - BE90 - JS31 - B1900 - Q300 - ATR72 - DC9-30 - MD80 - B733 - A320 - B738 - A300-B4 - B773 - B77W
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:26 am

And better performance.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:33 am

Interesting re NZ, I didn't think they were quite ready to order yet and the 779 is almost 744 size but Efficient also expensive, I'll believe when they order personally. I hope they do however just not sold yet.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 am

CAPA reported Vistara will be ordering 50 B777X here.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 am

 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5504
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 am

Would be great news for the 777-9.
 
Momo1435
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 am

Isn't it a bit early to start these threads? Now this will turn into a week of (mainly rehashed) speculation in these "news and orders" threads. The last couple years these were opened a day before the start at the earliest, just to capture the actual news from the shows.
 
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 pm

77west wrote:
I believe both the 77X family and the A350 family could work for NZ, but see the 77X having an edge in commonality with existing fleet.

The A350-1000 does not have the payload capability of the 778/779 at ESAD 8500nm which is about what NZ would need for deep entry into the USA. I expect that the decision to replace the 77E's will be between the 789 and A359.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:52 pm

anshabhi wrote:
CAPA reported Vistara will be ordering 50 B777X here.


That would be really cool, I would love to see them flying International, honestly I thought they would go with the Airbus A330NEO or A350 as they have A320/NEO in their current fleet.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3413
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Slash787 wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
CAPA reported Vistara will be ordering 50 B777X here.


That would be really cool, I would love to see them flying International, honestly I thought they would go with the Airbus A330NEO or A350 as they have A320/NEO in their current fleet.


50 B779 is quite a capacity jump for an airline flying with 14 A320/A320NEO.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jbs2886
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Slash787 wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
CAPA reported Vistara will be ordering 50 B777X here.


That would be really cool, I would love to see them flying International, honestly I thought they would go with the Airbus A330NEO or A350 as they have A320/NEO in their current fleet.


50 B779 is quite a capacity jump for an airline flying with 14 A320/A320NEO.


Which seems to be the case with Indian airlines. Roughly speaking, Indigo operates 135 with 459(!) on order; GoAir operates 23 with 140 on order; SpiceJet operates 53 with 207 on order (plus apparently 100 narrowbodies and widebodies to come).
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:17 am

jbs2886 wrote:
Which seems to be the case with Indian airlines. Roughly speaking, Indigo operates 135 with 459(!) on order; GoAir operates 23 with 140 on order; SpiceJet operates 53 with 207 on order (plus apparently 100 narrowbodies and widebodies to come).


And believe me, all of these aircraft are being actively delivered and filled as well. The demand is indeed very strong in India.
 
chiki
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:55 am

anshabhi wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
Which seems to be the case with Indian airlines. Roughly speaking, Indigo operates 135 with 459(!) on order; GoAir operates 23 with 140 on order; SpiceJet operates 53 with 207 on order (plus apparently 100 narrowbodies and widebodies to come).


And believe me, all of these aircraft are being actively delivered and filled as well. The demand is indeed very strong in India.

Still the jump is too big its going to end badly for one of these airlines. is there market research to prove the need for this jump
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 pm

chiki wrote:
Still the jump is too big its going to end badly for one of these airlines. is there market research to prove the need for this jump


Boeing forecasts a demand for 1,850 new airplanes in India, valued at $265 billion, over the next 20 years, according to the company’s annual Current Market Outlook (CMO) for India.
“India continues to have a strong commercial aerospace market and the highest domestic traffic growth in the world,” said Dinesh Keskar, senior vice president, Asia Pacific and India Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. “With the new aviation policies in place, we see even greater opportunities and remain confident in the market and the airlines in India.”

http://www.boeing.co.in/news-and-media- ... india.page?


• The number of Domestic Indian passengers is expected to grow almost six times in the next 20 years, reaching the level as Domestic USA is today.

http://www.airbus.com/company/market/gl ... %5D=233685
I got some real work to do now. Bye!
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 7151
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 pm

There is a big jump between huge domestic expansion (which competition is just among Indian carriers and their hubs) and huge intercontinental expansion (where they are now competing again international airlines and their hubs in addition to other Indian carriers). India will have to start liberalizing their bilaterals with other countries and take a less protectionist stance for their own airlines (which granted, they are already doing).
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Polot wrote:
There is a big jump between huge domestic expansion (which competition is just among Indian carriers and their hubs) and huge intercontinental expansion (where they are now competing again international airlines and their hubs in addition to other Indian carriers). India will have to start liberalizing their bilaterals with other countries and take a less protectionist stance for their own airlines (which granted, they are already doing).


Maybe but this reminds me of IndiGo's 2005 order​ for 100 A320, which was literally the founding base for what India's domestic market is today and is going to be in the future.
Similarly, there's a good potential for a well managed long haul airline. Don't forget entire ME market is built on the back of India's strength.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Polot wrote:
There is a big jump between huge domestic expansion (which competition is just among Indian carriers and their hubs) and huge intercontinental expansion (where they are now competing again international airlines and their hubs in addition to other Indian carriers). India will have to start liberalizing their bilaterals with other countries and take a less protectionist stance for their own airlines (which granted, they are already doing).


Very true, but, it is the next step in the expansion of the Indian airlines and will be a very different market. (I would say regional is the next step, but as I understand it, many airports just aren't capable of commercial flights right now.)
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 pm

jbs2886 wrote:

Very true, but, it is the next step in the expansion of the Indian airlines and will be a very different market. (I would say regional is the next step, but as I understand it, many airports just aren't capable of commercial flights right now.)

For regional flights, infrastructure is there. There are about 40 ghost airports in India, which are being connected under Regional connectivity scheme.


Image
(Please refer to this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1346027)
 
Antarius
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 pm

pabloeing wrote:

Aviationindeed article appears to have been written by a 6 year old. Good lord.
2017 :SIN |HKG |LAX |DFW |HOU |IAH |MAF |LBB |DCA |IAD |ORD |BOS |DEN |LHR |MAD |HNL |ITO |OGG |PHX |DOH |JHB |KUL |DEL |BLR |CDG |ORY |NRT |CGK |BTH |ICN |INV |ABZ |LCY |LTN |SFO |PHL |SJC |SLC |MIA |TPA |PBI |CLT |FLL |CUN
 
User avatar
neutrino
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Antarius wrote:
pabloeing wrote:

Aviationindeed article appears to have been written by a 6 year old. Good lord.


Indeed. I had a hard time trying to decipher the "Inglish". Its in the same league as "Chinglish", but probably win by a nose in a competition to drive readers insane.
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Spice Jet seems interested in the B787, maybe we can see some orders?
 
chiki
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Slash787 wrote:
Spice Jet seems interested in the B787, maybe we can see some orders?

and 737 max 10
https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&u ... fXINZQERlw
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 24555
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:40 pm

So with CALC ordering 50 737 MAX and with Boeing releasing the details of said order at the Paris Air Show (so relevant to this thread), perhaps they will be one of the 737-10 launch customers. :scratchchin:
 
User avatar
rotating14
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:45 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-airlines

Spicejet and Lion Mentari Airlines are in discussions for acquiring the MAX 10.
 
User avatar
RL777
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:43 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 pm

I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Crew
Posts: 25145
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 pm

RL777 wrote:
I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.


Kingfisher Airlines 2.0 :duck:
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
boefan
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Blue Air could announce an order for 20 Boeing 737 MAX at the Paris Air Show next week

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... x-aircraft
 
anshabhi
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:54 am

RL777 wrote:
I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.


well its not like they will order them here and get all 50 delivered by next month...
At the earliest, the first one will come by 2020-21 and till then Vistara will have atleast 50-60 NEOs in its fleet, apart from some long haul experience with used B772s from SQ.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Crew
Posts: 25145
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 am

Shipping spree from China?

This is what we heard, China could order 200 aircraft to appease Trump. MAX 10 likely a part of it.


https://twitter.com/LeehamNews/status/8 ... 0507018241
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
zkncj
Posts: 2448
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:41 am

bunumuring wrote:
i havent heard the Air New Zealand rumour either.... But the last I DID hear was that the A350 was level-pegging with the 777X to replace the classic 777s... With a decision a while off yet. Still, Air New Zealand may pull a rabbit out of its hat in this buyer's market!
I hope that the rumour is true! But 10 frames seem an awful lot in one hit for them. Maybe something like 6 firm and 4 options? Maybe a few extra Dreamliners in the mix as well?
Cheers,
Bunumuring


Didn't they order the 77E all together? seem to remember they came pretty quickly into the fleet. At the same time didn't they order the 2x 7E7-800s?

10 in one hit is that many they currently have 15 777 (77E 8x and 77W 7x), that would allow for the oldest 77W and all of the 77Es to be replaced.

NZ is currently in an upsizing phase and has been for an few years now; for example:

B1900D's - routes covered by the Q300's
Q300s - 72-600s have replaced some of there flying
733 - Replaced by A320s
763 - Replaced by 77E/789s
320 - 321NEO's
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 5578
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:09 am

zkncj wrote:
bunumuring wrote:
i havent heard the Air New Zealand rumour either.... But the last I DID hear was that the A350 was level-pegging with the 777X to replace the classic 777s... With a decision a while off yet. Still, Air New Zealand may pull a rabbit out of its hat in this buyer's market!
I hope that the rumour is true! But 10 frames seem an awful lot in one hit for them. Maybe something like 6 firm and 4 options? Maybe a few extra Dreamliners in the mix as well?
Cheers,
Bunumuring


Didn't they order the 77E all together? seem to remember they came pretty quickly into the fleet. At the same time didn't they order the 2x 7E7-800s?

10 in one hit is that many they currently have 15 777 (77E 8x and 77W 7x), that would allow for the oldest 77W and all of the 77Es to be replaced.

NZ is currently in an upsizing phase and has been for an few years now; for example:

B1900D's - routes covered by the Q300's
Q300s - 72-600s have replaced some of there flying
733 - Replaced by A320s
763 - Replaced by 77E/789s
320 - 321NEO's


Yep 8 77E's ordered at once and 2 7E7's, 4 763's were replaced at the time.

I'm not sure they will replace any 77W's yet, what they are saying is they are looking at a longer range aircraft, 779's are big and a lot of aircraft to expand with but it could mean at the same time 779's take over 77W routes with some 772 routes going 77W and others 789.

The 778 is a very long range aircraft though with better range and performance than the 779 and it's a little smaller than the 779. UA will also use the 789 on LAX-SIN blocked at 18:15 at 252 seats I would presume several will be blocked maybe 40-50? QF PER-LHR aswell.
 
scotron11
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:54 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:52 pm

RL777 wrote:
I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.


Is this the Paris Air Show, or the all Boeing Air Show? Seems all we hear are Boeing orders, nothing from Airbus. Just curious
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 24555
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:06 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Shopping spree from China?

This is what we heard, China could order 200 aircraft to appease Trump. MAX 10 likely a part of it.


https://twitter.com/LeehamNews/status/8 ... 0507018241


So looks like I was right about the CALC order being at least in part for the MAX-10.
 
Hamlet69
Posts: 2532
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2000 2:45 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:17 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Shipping spree from China?

This is what we heard, China could order 200 aircraft to appease Trump. MAX 10 likely a part of it.


https://twitter.com/LeehamNews/status/8 ... 0507018241


They could simply reveal some of the UFO's.

Since Trump loves 'fake news', especially his own, he could take credit for being such a great deal-maker and boost his little ego. :duck:

Hamlet69
All gave some. Some gave all.
 
User avatar
sassiciai
Posts: 814
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 pm

scotron11 wrote:
RL777 wrote:
I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.


Is this the Paris Air Show, or the all Boeing Air Show? Seems all we hear are Boeing orders, nothing from Airbus. Just curious

I remember when airshows were more about announcements, decisions, new technology, etc.... Orders yes of course, but it was not the main purpose of the show. It was, er, a Show Case, where one was invited to look at, read about, learn about - and maybe even order - the aircraft on show!

Now, it's all "Boeing order thread..", "Airbus order thread ....", " "XYZ" order thread...". Obviously numbers of orders indicates how well a model has been received in the market. It seems to me that I would prefer to read about news items at such Shows, the orders just keep flowing all the time (at different rates year-by-year) and can be followed on the OEMs' own websites. Stories about the 737-10 specifications and its new landing gear are more interesting than that one of the usual suspects ordered 100 of them. News about the Chinese and Russian (Brazilian , Canadian, .....) emerging NB aircraft is also interesting, without getting to the extreme of having a "Cessna 152 Order Thread" cluttering up this already cluttered site!
 
sunrisevalley
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 pm

[quote/] UA will also use the 789 on LAX-SIN blocked at 18:15 at 252 seats I would presume several will be blocked maybe 40-50? QF PER-LHR aswell.[/quote]
Looking at UA on SFO-SIN the typical "in air time" is ~15hr 30min. or less. Extrapolating this out to LAX-SIN gives 16hr 15min. For 249 seats the payload will be about 27.4t, TOW at 251.4t (MTOW 254011kg) So on most days they will be able to do it without blocking seats at takeoff.
 
User avatar
andrefranca
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:44 pm

anshabhi wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
Which seems to be the case with Indian airlines. Roughly speaking, Indigo operates 135 with 459(!) on order; GoAir operates 23 with 140 on order; SpiceJet operates 53 with 207 on order (plus apparently 100 narrowbodies and widebodies to come).


And believe me, all of these aircraft are being actively delivered and filled as well. The demand is indeed very strong in India.


For sure, I travelled around India, I paid 5 usd for a train ticket (depends on the class) to travel for 17 hours? for 20 usd you can fly the same distance in less than 2 hours... People are learning!
Andre F. :blockhead:
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1100
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Paris is not 'vital' for Boeing. They do not use it like Airbus does to benchmark yearly sales.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 24555
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm

scotron11 wrote:
Is this the Paris Air Show, or the all Boeing Air Show? Seems all we hear are Boeing orders, nothing from Airbus. Just curious


Considering this is the "Boeing News and Orders" thread, if you read something about Airbus, it would be off topic. :P
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 pm

scotron11 wrote:
RL777 wrote:
I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.


Is this the Paris Air Show, or the all Boeing Air Show? Seems all we hear are Boeing orders, nothing from Airbus. Just curious


Show starts tomorrow !! This is just the A.net show thread.
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Topic Author
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:21 pm

scotron11 wrote:
RL777 wrote:
I'd love to see Vistara help boost the 777X program, but I'm very skeptical they can make it work. India may be experiencing a surge in demand and steady growth but going from 14 narrow bodies to 50 VLA is ambitious to say the least.


Is this the Paris Air Show, or the all Boeing Air Show? Seems all we hear are Boeing orders, nothing from Airbus. Just curious


This thread focuses only on Boeing News and Orders.

Here is the corresponding Airbus thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1365567
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Progressivism is a Cancer
Utopia is a Myth
You are not entitled to Anything
 
fcogafa
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Re: 2017 Paris Air Show - Boeing News and Orders

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:01 pm

From FG:

After rumours of the 737 Max 10X’s pending go-ahead have swirled for weeks, Boeing has scheduled a press conference at 10 am on 19 June in the auditorium of the Air and Space museum at Le Bourget, a more spacious venue than Boeing’s media chalet.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 0x-438334/
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos