User avatar
enilria
Topic Author
Posts: 7567
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:38 am

FAQ

WHAT IS THIS REPORT?
This compares departures for sale THIS WEEK for the stated period versus what was for sale LAST WEEK...It does NOT compare to last year or now (UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED).

THE SCHEDULES SHOWN HERE CHANGE AFTER YOU POST???
-To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often---Winston Churchill. This is data the carriers filed at the point in time it was captured. It's changed since then. You are just going to have to live with it.

HOW DO I READ IT?
XXX-YYY DEC 4>5 JAN 4>5 ; means that the listed airline changed the frequency between the two airports to add from 4 to 5 roundtrips in December and January. No other months were changed. I only list one direction, although it is possible the listed change is only one way. It is too difficult to average the two directions. I assume the change is roundtrip and that is most often the case.

WHERE ARE SEATS SHOWN?
They aren't. This only shows departures.

HOW ARE THE DAILY DEPARTURES CALCULATED?
This report uses total operations for the month listed, divided over the days in the month.

WHAT ARE THE FRACTIONAL FLIGHTS?
Flights that do not operate every day of the month create fractional service. In most cases flights are rounded, but in the case of international service or markets with low frequency, fractions are shown. For example, if a flight operates 4 times in April it will show 4/30=0.133=0.1. Also , a flight that only operates once per week may vary between 0.1 and 0.2 because a weekday may repeat either 4 or 5 times depending on the month.

WHAT ABOUT CARRIERS THAT DON'T PUBLISH A SCHEDULE 9 MONTHS IN ADVANCE?
Most airlines publish schedules 11 months in advance. This report covers the next 9 months. That avoids seeing schedules as they are loaded. Several LCCs load their schedules less than 9 months into the future. I remove the schedule adds if I see them and show a year over year (YOY) comparison if I notice them.

THOSE FLIGHTS AREN'T DELTA, THEY ARE SKYWEST
This report only shows the marketing code. It is too complicated to show all the operators.

THE FREQUENCIES MAY HAVE CHANGED AS YOU SHOW, BUT THE SEATS DIDNT CHANGE BECAUSE OF EQUIPMENT SWAPS
That is a natural weakness of a frequency based report, but it provides something to discuss below.

THIS LOOKS LIKE AN ERROR?
The carriers file the schedules. They do make mistakes. Most of the mistakes I have seen are either related to code shares not being marked as "duplicates" or carriers filing flights with invalid data such as equipment codes that are not standard. This causes flights to not appear.

CHARTERS?
Lately charters have been showing up in the database. I have no idea if that will continue.

I marked some of the ones I thought were interesting with an "*".

7Q PWM-SRQ SEP 0.3>0.2
7Q PWM-YHZ JUL 0.4>0.3 AUG 0.4>0.3

9K HYA-MVY SEP 1.5>1.1

AA DFW-LIR NOV 0.1>0.2
AA LAX-PVG DEC 1.0>0.8
AA MIA-BZE OCT 2>1.1 NOV 2>1.9
AA ORD-ASE JAN 2>1.4 FEB 2>1.3
AA ORD-DTW NOV 7>6 DEC 7>6 JAN 7>6 FEB 7>6
AA ORD-FNT NOV 3>2 DEC 3>2 JAN 3>2 FEB 3>2
AA ORD-FWA NOV 4>3 DEC 4>3 JAN 4>3 FEB 4>3
AA ORD-MCI OCT 7>6 NOV 7>6 DEC 7>6 JAN 7>6 FEB 7>6
AA ORD-MSN NOV 5>4 DEC 5>4 JAN 5>4 FEB 5>4
AA ORD-PEK OCT 0.9>0.8 DEC 1.0>0.9
AA ORD-PVG NOV 0.9>0.7 DEC 1.0>0.7

AB JFK-TXL JUL 2>1.0 AUG 2>1.0 SEP 2>1.0 OCT 1.9>1.1
AB LAX-DUS NOV 0.6>0.7 DEC 0.6>0.7 JAN 0.6>0.7 FEB 0.6>0.7
AB MIA-TXL NOV 0.6>0.7 DEC 0.6>0.7 JAN 0.5>0.7 FEB 0.6>0.7
AB ORD-TXL NOV 0.7>0.9 DEC 0.7>0.9 JAN 0.7>0.8 FEB 0.7>0.9
AB SFO-DUS NOV 0.6>0.7 DEC 0.6>0.7 JAN 0.5>0.7 FEB 0.6>0.7

AC DFW-YYZ NOV 4>3 DEC 4>3 JAN 4>3 FEB 4>3
AC IAH-YUL DEC 1.0>1.9 JAN 1.0>1.8 FEB 1.0>1.8
AC MIA-YUL DEC 1.3>0.9
AC PHX-YYZ DEC 2>1.0 FEB 1.8>1.2
AC SEA-YVR NOV 4>5 DEC 4>5 JAN 4>5 FEB 4>5
AC SEA-YYZ DEC 1.5>1.0
AC SFO-YVR NOV 3>4 DEC 3>4 JAN 3>4 FEB 3>4
AC SFO-YYC NOV 1.0>2 DEC 1.0>2 JAN 1.0>2 FEB 1.0>2

AS ANC-RDB JUL 0.2>0.1
*AS BLI-LAS NOV 0.9>0 DEC 1.0>0 JAN 1.0>0 FEB 1.0>0
AS PDX-DFW JAN 2>1.1

B6 JFK-POS FEB 0.7>0.8

BA LAS-LHR JAN 1.5>1.6

CI SFO-TPE SEP 1.6>1.4 NOV 1.6>1.5 DEC 1.6>1.4 JAN 1.5>1.4

DL ATL-MTY NOV 1.9>2 DEC 1.7>1.9 JAN 1.8>2 FEB 1.9>2
DL BOI-MSP OCT 3>2
DL JFK-PWM DEC 1.0>0.6
DL MCO-RDU DEC 3>4

**EY SFO-AUH NOV 0.4>0 DEC 0.4>0 JAN 0.4>0 FEB 0.4>0

G4 ABE-PGD JAN 0.5>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 ABE-PIE JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 ABQ-LAX NOV 0.3>0.1
G4 AUS-MEM JAN 0.3>0.1
G4 AVL-BWI JAN 0.3>0.0
G4 AVL-FLL JAN 1.0>0.6 FEB 1.0>0.6
G4 AVL-PGD JAN 0.5>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 AVL-SFB JAN 0.6>0.4 FEB 0.6>0.3
G4 AZA-FWA JAN 0.3>0.2 FEB 0.3>0.1
G4 AZA-PIA FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 AZA-PVU DEC 0.9>0.6 JAN 0.8>0.5 FEB 0.9>0.6
G4 AZA-RAP NOV 0.4>0.3
G4 AZA-SGF JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 CLE-PGD DEC 0.4>0.3 JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 CLE-SAV NOV 0.3>0.1
G4 CVG-MSY DEC 0.4>0.3 JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 CVG-SJU JAN 0>0.1 FEB 0>0.1
G4 DAY-PIE DEC 0.4>0.3 JAN 0.5>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 ELP-SAN JAN 0.3>0.0
G4 EWR-TYS JAN 0.3>0.1
G4 FLL-PBG FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 FLL-TYS JAN 0.7>0.4 FEB 0.7>0.4
G4 GSP-SFB JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 HTS-PIE JAN 0.5>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 IAG-PIE FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 LAS-PIA DEC 0.6>0.3 JAN 0.5>0.3 FEB 0.6>0.3
G4 LAX-MFR JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 LCK-MSY NOV 0.3>0.1
G4 LCK-SAV NOV 0.3>0.1
G4 LEX-SFB JAN 0.8>0.6 FEB 0.9>0.6
G4 PIA-PIE FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 PIE-RFD FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 PIE-SGF FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 PIE-SWF DEC 0.5>0.3 JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
G4 PIE-TRI JAN 0.3>0.0
G4 PIT-SJU JAN 0>0.1 FEB 0>0.1
G4 SAT-SFB JAN 0.3>0.0
G4 SFB-SJU DEC 0.3>0.5

*MF LAX-TAO DEC 0>0.3 JAN 0>0.5 FEB 0>0.4

MT JFK-MAN DEC 0.2>0.4 JAN 0>0.4 FEB 0>0.4

I kinda thought they flew these already?
*NK BDL-RSW NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK BDL-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-RSW DEC 0>0.8 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0

RJ JFK-AMM NOV 0.4>0.6 FEB 0.4>0.6
RJ ORD-AMM NOV 0.6>0.7 FEB 0.6>0.7

SK BOS-CPH AUG 1.0>0.8 SEP 1.0>0.5 OCT 0.9>0.5
SK MIA-CPH AUG 0.6>0.5 SEP 0.6>0.3 OCT 0.5>0.2
SK MIA-OSL SEP 0.4>0.2

*UA DEN-KOA JAN 0.3>1.0 FEB 0.1>1.0
*UA DEN-LIH JAN 0.2>1.0 FEB 0>1.0
UA EWR-BGR NOV 0>0.9
UA EWR-BTV NOV 5>4
UA EWR-CLE NOV 5>6
*UA LAX-KOA JAN 1.3>2 FEB 1.1>2
*UA LAX-LIH JAN 1.2>2 FEB 1.0>2
UA LAX-OAK AUG 0.1>0.0
UA ORD-RIC SEP 4>5
UA SFO-KOA FEB 2>3
*UA SFO-LIH JAN 1.2>2 FEB 1.0>2
UA SFO-XNA DEC 1.0>0.6

V8 ILI-NNL OCT 0.4>0.0
V8 ILI-PDB OCT 0.4>0.0
V8 NNL-PTA OCT 0.4>0.0

VVC MIA-MDE AUG 0>1.0

*WG MCO-YYZ NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>0.9 JAN 0>1.0 FEB 0>1.0

Y4 DEN-MEX JUL 0.7>0.6 AUG 0.5>0.7 SEP 0.1>0.7 OCT 0.2>0.7 NOV 0.1>0.7 DEC 0.2>0.7 JAN 0.1>0.7 FEB 0.1>0.7
Y4 FAT-GDL AUG 1.0>0.8 SEP 1.0>0.9 OCT 1.0>0.8 NOV 1.0>0.9 DEC 1.0>0.9 JAN 1.0>0.8 FEB 1.0>0.9
Y4 IAH-GDL AUG 0.5>0.4 SEP 0.6>0.4 OCT 0.5>0.4 NOV 0.6>0.4 DEC 0.6>0.4 JAN 0.6>0.5 FEB 0.6>0.4
*Y4 IAH-MEX JUL 0.6>0 AUG 0.5>0 SEP 0.6>0 OCT 0.5>0 NOV 0.6>0 DEC 0.6>0 JAN 0.6>0 FEB 0.6>0
Y4 JFK-MEX AUG 1.5>1.0 SEP 2>1.0 OCT 2>1.0 NOV 2>1.0 DEC 2>1.0 JAN 2>1.0 FEB 2>1.0
Y4 MCO-MEX AUG 0.7>1.0 SEP 0.4>1.0 OCT 0.5>1.0 NOV 0.4>1.0 DEC 0.4>1.0 JAN 0.4>1.0 FEB 0.4>1.0
Y4 OAK-GDL AUG 1.1>1.5 SEP 0.8>1.4 OCT 0.9>1.4 NOV 0.9>1.5 DEC 0.8>1.4 JAN 0.9>1.4 FEB 0.9>1.4
*Y4 OAK-MEX JUL 0.6>0.5 SEP 0>0.4 OCT 0>0.5 NOV 0>0.4 DEC 0>0.4 JAN 0>0.4 FEB 0>0.4
*Y4 ORD-HUX DEC 0.2>0 JAN 0.1>0 FEB 0.1>0
Y4 ORD-MEX JUL 1.5>1.1 AUG 1.4>1.0 SEP 1.4>1.0 OCT 1.4>1.0 NOV 1.3>1.0 JAN 1.2>1.0 FEB 1.1>1.0
*Y4 ORD-ZIH DEC 0.2>0 JAN 0.1>0 FEB 0.1>0
Y4 PHX-CUL AUG 0.3>0.1 SEP 0.3>0.2 OCT 0.3>0.1 NOV 0.3>0.1 DEC 0.3>0.2 JAN 0.3>0.1 FEB 0.3>0.1
Y4 PHX-GDL AUG 0.5>0.4 SEP 0.6>0.4 OCT 0.5>0.4 NOV 0.6>0.4 DEC 0.6>0.4 JAN 0.6>0.5 FEB 0.6>0.4
Y4 SAT-GDL JUL 0.4>0.3 AUG 0.5>0.3 SEP 0.4>0.3 OCT 0.5>0.3 NOV 0.4>0.3 DEC 0.4>0.3 JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
*Y4 SAT-MEX SEP 0.5>0 OCT 1.0>0 NOV 1.0>0 DEC 1.0>0 JAN 1.0>0 FEB 1.0>0
*Y4 SBD-GDL JUL 0.3>0 AUG 0.3>0 SEP 0.3>0 OCT 0.3>0 NOV 0.3>0 DEC 0.3>0 JAN 0.3>0 FEB 0.3>0
Y4 SFO-GDL AUG 0.7>0.5 SEP 0.7>0.6 OCT 0.7>0.6 NOV 0.7>0.5 DEC 0.7>0.6 JAN 0.7>0.5 FEB 0.7>0.6
*Y4 SFO-MEX JUL 0.7>0.6 AUG 0.7>0 SEP 0.7>0 OCT 0.7>0 NOV 0.7>0 DEC 0.7>0 JAN 0.7>0 FEB 0.7>0
 
jetbluefan1
Posts: 3047
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:39 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks as always, enilria!

enilria wrote:
FAQ

I kinda thought they flew these already?
*NK BDL-RSW NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK BDL-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-RSW DEC 0>0.8 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0


Regarding BDL, it will be quite competitive - what with B6, WN, and now NK in these markets. Average fares are already quite low - significantly lower than from NYC. I wonder how much more it can be stimulated.

enilria wrote:
B6 JFK-POS FEB 0.7>0.8


On a related note - Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - Trinidad premiers on CNN tonight. The previews indicate that it is shares few similarities to its Caribbean counterparts, and is the third richest country in the region.
 
User avatar
enilria
Topic Author
Posts: 7567
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:27 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
Thanks as always, enilria!

enilria wrote:
FAQ

I kinda thought they flew these already?
*NK BDL-RSW NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK BDL-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-RSW DEC 0>0.8 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0


Regarding BDL, it will be quite competitive - what with B6, WN, and now NK in these markets. Average fares are already quite low - significantly lower than from NYC. I wonder how much more it can be stimulated.

enilria wrote:
B6 JFK-POS FEB 0.7>0.8


On a related note - Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - Trinidad premiers on CNN tonight. The previews indicate that it is shares few similarities to its Caribbean counterparts, and is the third richest country in the region.

Thanks :)
Not sure how they define richest. I don't have the impression the people are very rich. There's oil there, right? That's probably the calculation.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 2531
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:00 pm

enilria wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
Thanks as always, enilria!

enilria wrote:
FAQ

I kinda thought they flew these already?
*NK BDL-RSW NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK BDL-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-RSW DEC 0>0.8 JAN 0>1.0
*NK PIT-TPA NOV 0>0.7 DEC 0>1.0 JAN 0>1.0


Regarding BDL, it will be quite competitive - what with B6, WN, and now NK in these markets. Average fares are already quite low - significantly lower than from NYC. I wonder how much more it can be stimulated.

enilria wrote:
B6 JFK-POS FEB 0.7>0.8




On a related note - Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - Trinidad premiers on CNN tonight. The previews indicate that it is shares few similarities to its Caribbean counterparts, and is the third richest country in the region.

Thanks :)
Not sure how they define richest. I don't have the impression the people are very rich. There's oil there, right? That's probably the calculation.


GDP per capita and they are 3rd though if you looked at GCM/PLS numbers ( they are overseas territories of UK) ..... you may not say richest destination
http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/10/16/ ... er-capita/

Per Anthony Bourdain - could there be a measurable "Bourdain Bump" for certain destinations - I decided to go to Greek Islands from last year's show on Naxos. Not all the places he visits are easy/cheap to get too though!!!

enilria wrote:
SK BOS-CPH AUG 1.0>0.8 SEP 1.0>0.5 OCT 0.9>0.5
SK MIA-CPH AUG 0.6>0.5 SEP 0.6>0.3 OCT 0.5>0.2
SK MIA-OSL SEP 0.4>0.2


Are they swapping to wide-body in BOS earlier now?
Last edited by adamh8297 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CO, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WN
 
User avatar
knope2001
Posts: 2574
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:54 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks as always for compiling & posting this stuff...much appreciated.

enilria wrote:
*Y4 SBD-GDL JUL 0.3>0 AUG 0.3>0 SEP 0.3>0 OCT 0.3>0 NOV 0.3>0 DEC 0.3>0 JAN 0.3>0 FEB 0.3>0


This is the new San Bernardino service by Volaris which was to start 6/29. To pull this only a few weeks out is pretty amazing and suggests something fell through based on the international nature of the service -- something with FIS/customs staffing or facility, an authority, etc. Even if the route booked horribly it seems pretty unlikely they'd pull it only a few weeks out. School break and introductary fares almost certainly put a fair number of people on those flights.

That they have pulled it completely -- not just for a month or two -- makes you wonder if the roadblock is enough to make them just walk away. SBD is only about 20-25 miles from Ontario which Volaris already serves.
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Very disappointing Alaska is dropping BLI-LAS
 
jasoncrh
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm surprised that Air Berlin is reducing their JFKTXL schedule for July by half. A week before the month begins. Must have just had pitiful bookings if they can just pull half their capacity from a long haul widebody route with such short notice
 
orangeguy
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:06 pm

While its not a big increase, I'm a bit surprised to see RJ increasing flights in spite of the "laptop ban". Either way, glad to see its not prohibiting them from increasing service.

Not sure what to make you the Y4 reduction. Didn't they won the MEX slots a few months back to operate a lot of the routes they are cutting? I wonder what they will do with all those slots.
 
avi8
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm

NK has a significant presence at TPA these days. How many destinations/departures do they currently have and how does it compare to other stations?
avi8

Medschool student
 
User avatar
enilria
Topic Author
Posts: 7567
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:33 pm

knope2001 wrote:
Thanks as always for compiling & posting this stuff...much appreciated.

enilria wrote:
*Y4 SBD-GDL JUL 0.3>0 AUG 0.3>0 SEP 0.3>0 OCT 0.3>0 NOV 0.3>0 DEC 0.3>0 JAN 0.3>0 FEB 0.3>0


This is the new San Bernardino service by Volaris which was to start 6/29. To pull this only a few weeks out is pretty amazing and suggests something fell through based on the international nature of the service -- something with FIS/customs staffing or facility, an authority, etc. Even if the route booked horribly it seems pretty unlikely they'd pull it only a few weeks out. School break and introductary fares almost certainly put a fair number of people on those flights.

That they have pulled it completely -- not just for a month or two -- makes you wonder if the roadblock is enough to make them just walk away. SBD is only about 20-25 miles from Ontario which Volaris already serves.

:)

I checked their site. It appears SBD is still a valid market, but when it goes to select flights there are none. It does appear to be really gone.
SeaDoo wrote:
Very disappointing Alaska is dropping BLI-LAS

Who else is thinking this is foreshadowing what happens to AS in BLI once Paine Field opens with AS service?
orangeguy wrote:
While its not a big increase, I'm a bit surprised to see RJ increasing flights in spite of the "laptop ban". Either way, glad to see its not prohibiting them from increasing service.

Agreed. Odd.
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I am assuming we will see PAE-LAS, but I was expecting that anyways. Too bad for those in BC, Whatcom County and others that used this flight.
 
xjetflyer2001
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:57 pm

I believe DEN-OGG on UA is going daily also starting in December
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks again as always!

UA LAX-OAK AUG 0.1>0.0


They were even flying this? Or is this a charter? I thought UA quit OAK years ago, and LAX wasn't even the last market for them.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 CR2 CR7 CR9 Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
Rdh3e
Posts: 3161
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:52 pm

xjetflyer2001 wrote:
I believe DEN-OGG on UA is going daily also starting in December

It was already daily for this period so it doesn't show up. If we were looking at April/May it would probably have shown up.
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 1580
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:54 pm

On a related note - Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - Trinidad premiers on CNN tonight. The previews indicate that it is shares few similarities to its Caribbean counterparts, and is the third richest country in the region.[/quote]
Thanks :)
Not sure how they define richest. I don't have the impression the people are very rich. There's oil there, right? That's probably the calculation.[/quote]

GDP per capita and they are 3rd though if you looked at GCM/PLS numbers ( they are overseas territories of UK) ..... you may not say richest destination
http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/10/16/ ... er-capita/

Per Anthony Bourdain - could there be a measurable "Bourdain Bump" for certain destinations - I decided to go to Greek Islands from last year's show on Naxos. Not all the places he visits are easy/cheap to get too though!!!

I enjoy watching Bourdain's shows and I would have no desire to visit some of these places he does like the Congo and Southern Missouri.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 12480
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 pm

intotheair wrote:
Thanks again as always!

UA LAX-OAK AUG 0.1>0.0


They were even flying this? Or is this a charter? I thought UA quit OAK years ago, and LAX wasn't even the last market for them.


It's most likely a positioning flight for a football or baseball charter. Those do show up from time to time.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
User avatar
enilria
Topic Author
Posts: 7567
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
intotheair wrote:
Thanks again as always!

UA LAX-OAK AUG 0.1>0.0


They were even flying this? Or is this a charter? I thought UA quit OAK years ago, and LAX wasn't even the last market for them.


It's most likely a positioning flight for a football or baseball charter. Those do show up from time to time.

That's also my expectation. Those 1 op flights are usually a charter.
 
IAHWorldflyer
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Y4 is seriously dropping/cutting frequency on quite a few of their MEX routes to and from the US. It seems like MEX is a bloodbath right now and Y4 is the first to blink. In the last month from IAH, WN and UA have been socking it out with each other, while Interjet and AM have been trying to stay above the fray by pricing out at about $100 more r/t. I wonder if Y4 will use their slots for more domestic Mexican flying?
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
enilria wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
Thanks as always, enilria!



Regarding BDL, it will be quite competitive - what with B6, WN, and now NK in these markets. Average fares are already quite low - significantly lower than from NYC. I wonder how much more it can be stimulated.





On a related note - Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - Trinidad premiers on CNN tonight. The previews indicate that it is shares few similarities to its Caribbean counterparts, and is the third richest country in the region.

Thanks :)
Not sure how they define richest. I don't have the impression the people are very rich. There's oil there, right? That's probably the calculation.


GDP per capita and they are 3rd though if you looked at GCM/PLS numbers ( they are overseas territories of UK) ..... you may not say richest destination
http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/10/16/ ... er-capita/

Per Anthony Bourdain - could there be a measurable "Bourdain Bump" for certain destinations - I decided to go to Greek Islands from last year's show on Naxos. Not all the places he visits are easy/cheap to get too though!!!

enilria wrote:
SK BOS-CPH AUG 1.0>0.8 SEP 1.0>0.5 OCT 0.9>0.5
SK MIA-CPH AUG 0.6>0.5 SEP 0.6>0.3 OCT 0.5>0.2
SK MIA-OSL SEP 0.4>0.2


Are they swapping to wide-body in BOS earlier now?


Looks like the A330 starts CPH-BOS-CPH on 8/20 instead of the initial 10/29 date

https://www.google.com/flights/#search; ... 0SK928;s=0
 
User avatar
Rajahdhani
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:02 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
On a related note - Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - Trinidad premiers on CNN tonight. The previews indicate that it is shares few similarities to its Caribbean counterparts, and is the third richest country in the region.
Thanks :)
Not sure how they define richest. I don't have the impression the people are very rich. There's oil there, right? That's probably the calculation.

GDP per capita and they are 3rd though if you looked at GCM/PLS numbers ( they are overseas territories of UK) ..... you may not say richest destination
http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/10/16/ ... er-capita/

Per Anthony Bourdain - could there be a measurable "Bourdain Bump" for certain destinations - I decided to go to Greek Islands from last year's show on Naxos. Not all the places he visits are easy/cheap to get too though!!!

I enjoy watching Bourdain's shows and I would have no desire to visit some of these places he does like the Congo and Southern Missouri.


So, off topic - but he was in the country during the one of the peak travel/tourist seasons (Carnival). If you plan on going, especially as a tourist, this is perhaps the best time to do so. Carnival is a fantastic experience (in almost every facet of that word). Backing to the GDP - Trinidad possess large quantities of petrol-chemical reserves, and has been using those advantages - in ways that differentiate them from other Caribbean nations. Unlike the more popular tourist destinations (Barbados, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas) where tourism plays a much more vital role in their economies, Trinidad's tourism sectors seem rather less developed. The Caribbean Aviation thread has contributors that can provide much more balanced, nuanced, and in-depth knowledge on the matter - I have essentially summarized, what they do much better.

That said, his presence was known at the time (filming on location, in February). Local foodies flocked to the places he filmed, and - if anything else, had their opinions about the 'best' cuisine. The island is extremely cosmopolitan, and the cuisine, culture and ideas reflect that immensely. If given the opportunity to go, please do - the people are as warm, as beautiful and as inviting as the island is. Be prepared to eat, though. I'm admittedly partial, but the food is stunning!

A 2015 report listed the GDP per capita at:

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/moodys-tts-policy-response-low-energy-prices-insufficient-tt-downgraded-again
GDP per capita (PPP basis, US$): 32,637 (2015 Actual) (also known as Per Capita Income)


Of note here, is that this was reported in 2015, at a time when the price of petro-chemical (which, as mentioned above, is a major facet of the economy) was not yet as controlled (and thus declining) as it is today. At that time, the nation was in a recession of;

The economy contracted 2.3% in 2016 according to government figures and we expect growth this year to be in the range of 0% to 1.5%, with positive growth hinging on the timely completion of two gas projects scheduled to become operational in the second half of this year. Beyond 2017, increased investment is required to reverse the declining trend in oil and gas production and lift production in the medium term.


Recent reporting has confirmed that 2018 will see either 0, or 1% in GDP growth - which is an improvement.

That said, and it would be unfair to not mention it, crime has steadily increased in the nation - especially in areas where poorer segments of the population reside. The crime situation has not abated, and the issues that plague all developed countries (namely corruption) is evident here in dealing with this situation as well. That said, visiting the island requires travelers to be aware of their surroundings at times (and to be fair, just as they would any place else when traveling) - and especially during the Carnival season (and the increase in tourists), the security situation is given much more attention by the government. Despite the issues with crime, they do a fairly good job of securing the nation, during what is essentially what is the largest block party in the world (in both size, and duration). So, especially during Carnival, and with a smidgen of competent travel experience - the situation is certainly marvelous.

Backing to the main topic - with Carnival Monday being Feb. 12th, 2018 - I can see why the increase to the schedule is necessary. The prices of tickets (and in reality, the demand) is so high, that essentially, traveling from the week before Carnival (to Trinidad) and after (leaving Trinidad) must be secured months in advance. The pricing is never 'easy'. The major fetes/events starts weeks before, with the best happening the week leading up to Carnival. Essentially, anyone traveling to Carnival would want to arrive days before, attend a few fetes on the week before. Saturday is Panorama, Sunday is Dimanche-Grande, and at sunrise on Monday - J'ouvert - leading directly into Carnival Monday, and the revelry does not end until late on Carnival Tuesday night. Wednesday, as Ash Wednsday is a public holiday as well - and the beaches become packed (flying to Tobago during this time is a must, as much as it also is expensive due to demand). Funnily, flights leaving out of Trinidad on Carnival Monday, are usually empty. It is seemingly a death sentence to a Trinidadian's character to have to leave home, on what is the most important day of the year.
 
Beardown91737
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:05 am

enilria wrote:
knope2001 wrote:
Thanks as always for compiling & posting this stuff...much appreciated.

enilria wrote:
*Y4 SBD-GDL JUL 0.3>0 AUG 0.3>0 SEP 0.3>0 OCT 0.3>0 NOV 0.3>0 DEC 0.3>0 JAN 0.3>0 FEB 0.3>0


This is the new San Bernardino service by Volaris which was to start 6/29. To pull this only a few weeks out is pretty amazing and suggests something fell through based on the international nature of the service -- something with FIS/customs staffing or facility, an authority, etc. Even if the route booked horribly it seems pretty unlikely they'd pull it only a few weeks out. School break and introductary fares almost certainly put a fair number of people on those flights.

That they have pulled it completely -- not just for a month or two -- makes you wonder if the roadblock is enough to make them just walk away. SBD is only about 20-25 miles from Ontario which Volaris already serves.



The dropped service is not in the news yet. Maybe this is how the SB AIrport Authority will find out.

I did find the Volaris in-flight magazine's article promoting tourism in San Bernardino County (en Espanol, naturalmente)
http://www.volarismagazine.com/tres-exp ... ernardino/
135 hrs PIC (mostly PA-28) - not current. Landings at MDW, PIA, JAN.
 
whatusaid
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 am

Some of the Y4 changes noted in this thread are not showing up on the Volaris website. FAT-GDL is daily throughout and goes to 10X week starting December 15. Maybe another round of changes next week in OAG?
 
usflyguy
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:29 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 am

enilria wrote:
Y4 DEN-MEX JUL 0.7>0.6 AUG 0.5>0.7 SEP 0.1>0.7 OCT 0.2>0.7 NOV 0.1>0.7 DEC 0.2>0.7 JAN 0.1>0.7 FEB 0.1>0.7
Y4 FAT-GDL AUG 1.0>0.8 SEP 1.0>0.9 OCT 1.0>0.8 NOV 1.0>0.9 DEC 1.0>0.9 JAN 1.0>0.8 FEB 1.0>0.9
Y4 IAH-GDL AUG 0.5>0.4 SEP 0.6>0.4 OCT 0.5>0.4 NOV 0.6>0.4 DEC 0.6>0.4 JAN 0.6>0.5 FEB 0.6>0.4
*Y4 IAH-MEX JUL 0.6>0 AUG 0.5>0 SEP 0.6>0 OCT 0.5>0 NOV 0.6>0 DEC 0.6>0 JAN 0.6>0 FEB 0.6>0
Y4 JFK-MEX AUG 1.5>1.0 SEP 2>1.0 OCT 2>1.0 NOV 2>1.0 DEC 2>1.0 JAN 2>1.0 FEB 2>1.0
Y4 MCO-MEX AUG 0.7>1.0 SEP 0.4>1.0 OCT 0.5>1.0 NOV 0.4>1.0 DEC 0.4>1.0 JAN 0.4>1.0 FEB 0.4>1.0
Y4 OAK-GDL AUG 1.1>1.5 SEP 0.8>1.4 OCT 0.9>1.4 NOV 0.9>1.5 DEC 0.8>1.4 JAN 0.9>1.4 FEB 0.9>1.4
*Y4 OAK-MEX JUL 0.6>0.5 SEP 0>0.4 OCT 0>0.5 NOV 0>0.4 DEC 0>0.4 JAN 0>0.4 FEB 0>0.4
*Y4 ORD-HUX DEC 0.2>0 JAN 0.1>0 FEB 0.1>0
Y4 ORD-MEX JUL 1.5>1.1 AUG 1.4>1.0 SEP 1.4>1.0 OCT 1.4>1.0 NOV 1.3>1.0 JAN 1.2>1.0 FEB 1.1>1.0
*Y4 ORD-ZIH DEC 0.2>0 JAN 0.1>0 FEB 0.1>0
Y4 PHX-CUL AUG 0.3>0.1 SEP 0.3>0.2 OCT 0.3>0.1 NOV 0.3>0.1 DEC 0.3>0.2 JAN 0.3>0.1 FEB 0.3>0.1
Y4 PHX-GDL AUG 0.5>0.4 SEP 0.6>0.4 OCT 0.5>0.4 NOV 0.6>0.4 DEC 0.6>0.4 JAN 0.6>0.5 FEB 0.6>0.4
Y4 SAT-GDL JUL 0.4>0.3 AUG 0.5>0.3 SEP 0.4>0.3 OCT 0.5>0.3 NOV 0.4>0.3 DEC 0.4>0.3 JAN 0.4>0.3 FEB 0.4>0.3
*Y4 SAT-MEX SEP 0.5>0 OCT 1.0>0 NOV 1.0>0 DEC 1.0>0 JAN 1.0>0 FEB 1.0>0
*Y4 SBD-GDL JUL 0.3>0 AUG 0.3>0 SEP 0.3>0 OCT 0.3>0 NOV 0.3>0 DEC 0.3>0 JAN 0.3>0 FEB 0.3>0
Y4 SFO-GDL AUG 0.7>0.5 SEP 0.7>0.6 OCT 0.7>0.6 NOV 0.7>0.5 DEC 0.7>0.6 JAN 0.7>0.5 FEB 0.7>0.6
*Y4 SFO-MEX JUL 0.7>0.6 AUG 0.7>0 SEP 0.7>0 OCT 0.7>0 NOV 0.7>0 DEC 0.7>0 JAN 0.7>0 FEB 0.7>0


Any chance Y4 will be moving their ORD flights to MDW and IAH flights to HOU?
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.
 
User avatar
Rajahdhani
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:05 am

usflyguy wrote:
Any chance Y4 will be moving their ORD flights to MDW and IAH flights to HOU?


Fascinating idea - however, at present, they compete against 'legacy' carriers. Moving, would put them almost squarely against WN - a 'LCC' carrier. #interestingtimesherein2017

Oddly, why not both - save for the dilution of yields? I mean, that would better suit the advantage of a Mexican point-of-sale, no? Select frequencies to MDW and HOU (where competition can afford to be 'fierce') and meeting the yields against the 'legacies' where they already are at their price threshold? Again, very a fascinating idea/response...
 
Dominion301
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm

enilria wrote:
FAQ
AA ORD-FNT NOV 3>2 DEC 3>2 JAN 3>2 FEB 3>2


I bet this one make WN quite happy.
 
Rdh3e
Posts: 3161
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
enilria wrote:
FAQ
AA ORD-FNT NOV 3>2 DEC 3>2 JAN 3>2 FEB 3>2


I bet this one make WN quite happy.

I think they probably saw that UA did alright at 2X and went with it. WN's flights are an unmitigated disaster and will continue to be. Their loads in Q1 were 58%, since inception they are 65%.

Hard to see those flights sticking around very long. If they are still in the schedule for summer 2018 that would be a surprise but would show their commitment to the market.
 
ScottB
Posts: 5780
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2000 1:25 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:29 pm

knope2001 wrote:
This is the new San Bernardino service by Volaris which was to start 6/29. To pull this only a few weeks out is pretty amazing and suggests something fell through based on the international nature of the service -- something with FIS/customs staffing or facility, an authority, etc. Even if the route booked horribly it seems pretty unlikely they'd pull it only a few weeks out. School break and introductary fares almost certainly put a fair number of people on those flights.

That they have pulled it completely -- not just for a month or two -- makes you wonder if the roadblock is enough to make them just walk away. SBD is only about 20-25 miles from Ontario which Volaris already serves.


I suspect that if they pulled it simply for commercial reasons, you hit the nail on the head as to why -- it's simple enough to rebook a small number of passengers on service at nearby ONT which they serve or offer a refund. That's probably less costly than eating losses on near-empty flights.

IAHWorldflyer wrote:
It seems like MEX is a bloodbath right now and Y4 is the first to blink. In the last month from IAH, WN and UA have been socking it out with each other, while Interjet and AM have been trying to stay above the fray by pricing out at about $100 more r/t.


That strategy just won't work unless they're banking on extreme frequent flyer loyalty or expect UA & WN to sell out.
 
airtrantpa
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:53 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 pm

avi8 wrote:
NK has a significant presence at TPA these days. How many destinations/departures do they currently have and how does it compare to other stations?


Im not sure, they have airtrans old gates A15(?)-18. At our apex FL ran 39 flights a day mainly from 16-18. I bet NK could easily do that. However im always seeing nk planes parled in the pemco hangars, so I dont think they have the aircraft to do that right. Now
TPA/PIE home to the world's first scheduled passenger flight
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

SY has still yet to add flight to Cuba to it's schedule for W17. It is starting to seem like it most likely won't happen.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:33 pm

airtrantpa wrote:
avi8 wrote:
NK has a significant presence at TPA these days. How many destinations/departures do they currently have and how does it compare to other stations?


Im not sure, they have airtrans old gates A15(?)-18. At our apex FL ran 39 flights a day mainly from 16-18. I bet NK could easily do that. However im always seeing nk planes parled in the pemco hangars, so I dont think they have the aircraft to do that right. Now


39 flights from mainly 3 gates? Did they also use a CUTE gate or two for overflow?
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 pm

More RE: AS BLI-LAS

I checked out the Alaska website and couldn't find any non-stop flights, from September on. I started checking out August still couldn't find any, and then got bored.
 
compensateme
Posts: 2106
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:01 pm

enilria wrote:
AA ORD-DTW NOV 7>6 DEC 7>6 JAN 7>6 FEB 7>6
AA ORD-FNT NOV 3>2 DEC 3>2 JAN 3>2 FEB 3>2
AA ORD-FWA NOV 4>3 DEC 4>3 JAN 4>3 FEB 4>3
AA ORD-MSN NOV 5>4 DEC 5>4 JAN 5>4 FEB 5>4


These cuts aren't happening -- just another example of timing issues in running your report.
You're not the CEO; you were a menial aircraft support mechanic intern, and that was four years ago.
 
airtrantpa
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:53 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
airtrantpa wrote:
avi8 wrote:
NK has a significant presence at TPA these days. How many destinations/departures do they currently have and how does it compare to other stations?


Im not sure, they have airtrans old gates A15(?)-18. At our apex FL ran 39 flights a day mainly from 16-18. I bet NK could easily do that. However im always seeing nk planes parled in the pemco hangars, so I dont think they have the aircraft to do that right. Now


39 flights from mainly 3 gates? Did they also use a CUTE gate or two for overflow?
I

We had A15 as well but that was mainly used for 1 or 2 originating/RON flights and irop, we had 20 minute turns, A16 we could board using jetbridge and aft stairs which cut out boarding time. My buddy and I got a fully loaded 73G (137 pax) off and 130 on in and out in 12 minutes.
TPA/PIE home to the world's first scheduled passenger flight
 
aaway
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:07 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 pm

ScottB wrote:
knope2001 wrote:
This is the new San Bernardino service by Volaris which was to start 6/29. To pull this only a few weeks out is pretty amazing and suggests something fell through based on the international nature of the service -- something with FIS/customs staffing or facility, an authority, etc. Even if the route booked horribly it seems pretty unlikely they'd pull it only a few weeks out. School break and introductary fares almost certainly put a fair number of people on those flights.

That they have pulled it completely -- not just for a month or two -- makes you wonder if the roadblock is enough to make them just walk away. SBD is only about 20-25 miles from Ontario which Volaris already serves.


I suspect that if they pulled it simply for commercial reasons, you hit the nail on the head as to why -- it's simple enough to rebook a small number of passengers on service at nearby ONT which they serve or offer a refund. That's probably less costly than eating losses on near-empty flights.


While I believe the commercial prospects to be dubious, there is a possibility that an issue arose to cause postponement of the service.

Not until April did the airport authority begin to disburse the funds necessary for preparations for airline service. These funds were earmarked for facility and IT modifications, as well as the purchase of equipment (including GSE). Many of the modifications were driven by both CBP and TSA mandates that outline specific security requirements for airports receiving international service. It was not envisioned, or much less expected, that SBDs' first scheduled service would be international in nature.

IIRC, those countries with which the U.S. has 'Open Skies' agreements can receive expedited approvals for certain regulatory matters pertaining to air service. Having said that - and not knowing much about SBDs' situation beyond that I wrote above - a roughly two month span from project initiation to commencement of service may not have been adequate. Y4 would have had to pull the schedule without having all requisite approvals in place.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard
 
Dominion301
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:08 pm

airtrantpa wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
airtrantpa wrote:

Im not sure, they have airtrans old gates A15(?)-18. At our apex FL ran 39 flights a day mainly from 16-18. I bet NK could easily do that. However im always seeing nk planes parled in the pemco hangars, so I dont think they have the aircraft to do that right. Now


39 flights from mainly 3 gates? Did they also use a CUTE gate or two for overflow?
I

We had A15 as well but that was mainly used for 1 or 2 originating/RON flights and irop, we had 20 minute turns, A16 we could board using jetbridge and aft stairs which cut out boarding time. My buddy and I got a fully loaded 73G (137 pax) off and 130 on in and out in 12 minutes.


Impressive. I think the record turn I had at my airline for a full off, full on 737 was about 18 minutes.

compensateme wrote:
enilria wrote:
AA ORD-DTW NOV 7>6 DEC 7>6 JAN 7>6 FEB 7>6
AA ORD-FNT NOV 3>2 DEC 3>2 JAN 3>2 FEB 3>2
AA ORD-FWA NOV 4>3 DEC 4>3 JAN 4>3 FEB 4>3
AA ORD-MSN NOV 5>4 DEC 5>4 JAN 5>4 FEB 5>4


These cuts aren't happening -- just another example of timing issues in running your report.


So you're saying these are just temporary due to the schedule not being extended out to the full month yet or is it a change in regional partner flying some of the schedule?
 
compensateme
Posts: 2106
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
So you're saying these are just temporary due to the schedule not being extended out to the full month yet or is it a change in regional partner flying some of the schedule?


No, the cuts never existed to begin with; it's just a timing issue in AA uploading its schedules to the GDS and Enilria running his report. It's a fairly regularly occurrence within the OAG installments.

I enjoy reading these threads as much as anybody else and am appreciative of his efforts, but as I've mentioned many times, Enilria would be far better off running his reports 24-hours or so after he normally does, when the airlines have finished transferring their data. But then we wouldn't get to discuss phantom cuts and he wouldn't get to take credit for "discovering errors", and that wouldn't be as fun, would it? :)
You're not the CEO; you were a menial aircraft support mechanic intern, and that was four years ago.
 
flyfresno
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 6:18 am

Re: OAG Changes 6/18/2017: AS Drops BLI-LAS, NK Adds BDL/PIT-TPA/RSW, Y4 Swaps Routes

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:23 pm

whatusaid wrote:
Some of the Y4 changes noted in this thread are not showing up on the Volaris website. FAT-GDL is daily throughout and goes to 10X week starting December 15. Maybe another round of changes next week in OAG?


Based on October still having daily service, I'd say either Y4 is taking a long time to alter their online schedules, or this is inaccurate. That does happen from time to time, unfortunately. Echoing another thread, I wonder whether the plan was/would be for them to change over to an A321 and go down to this sort of frequency? Certainly, in December, they could fill a daily A321 to GDL; the current staggered red-eyes to don't really do anything for connections.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos