nitepilot79
Topic Author

Pie In The Sky--UA To Sell UNO Deep Dish Pizza In Y

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Sorry, but you have to turn off your ad-blocker to see the article. Anyway, I wonder if it'll catch on...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/grantmarti ... 8a9d3d35b8

Article quote:

"Pizza is coming to economy airplane cabins and New York-style diehards are going to have a heart attack.
Next month, Chicago-based United Airlines will start selling deep dish pizza in its economy cabins, a stark contrast to the generally light and healthy fare that is typically sold onboard. The pizza will come from Uno Pizzeria & Grill, one of the biggest names in deep dish pizza in Chicago."

VC10er

Re: Pie In The Sky--UA To Sell UNO Deep Dish Pizza In Y

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Well, they should offer it in Polaris or domestic first as well instead of trying to create gourmet meals. Easy foods that reheat well have always worked better than a filet mignon that tastes like dishwater in solid form. It may not be healthy but comfort food can often work better IMHO!
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:55 pm

VC10er wrote:
Well, they should offer it in Polaris or domestic first as well instead of trying to create gourmet meals. Easy foods that reheat well have always worked better than a filet mignon that tastes like dishwater in solid form. It may not be healthy but comfort food can often work better IMHO!

Uno already has food service pizzas that are not very good. I anticipate that this is the same product. Deep dish is hard to get right without the right (very hot) oven. Even the Lou Malnati's frozen pizzas, which I and I suspect many other expat Chicagoans have had shipped from time to time, are noticeably inferior coming out of a home oven.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

Aquila3

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:00 pm

They should forbid them to call it pizza. There is no deep-dish pizza BTW. Call it US-salty-pie but please, not pizza.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza
chi vola vale chi vale vola chi non vola è un vile

jayunited

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Aquila3 wrote:
They should forbid them to call it pizza. There is no deep-dish pizza BTW. Call it US-salty-pie but please, no pizza.
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Oh lord don't tell me this is what this thread is going to turn into, I like New York style pizza every time I'm in New York no matter how long or short the visit I have to have New York style pizza, but it still pales in comparison to what we have here in Chicago. However the truth is most Chicagoans do not eat UNO's pizza we leave that for the tourist there are so many other locally owned pizza places that are 1,000 times better than UNO's.

Cubsrule wrote:
Uno already has food service pizzas that are not very good. I anticipate that this is the same product. Deep dish is hard to get right without the right (very hot) oven. Even the Lou Malnati's frozen pizzas, which I and I suspect many other expat Chicagoans have had shipped from time to time, are noticeably inferior coming out of a home oven.

You do make great point it will be very interesting to see how UA goes about reheating this product since a most of the ovens were removed from the domestic narrow body fleet. I know UA's domestic narrow body fleet still has galley carts that can be plugged into the aircraft to heat food but I don't how they will get this product hot enough to keep the pizza from having soggy crust, and hard cheese that just ruins a deep dish pizza. If you are going to serve deep dish pizza you need a crispy crust and the cheese has to be hot and melted throughout the entire pie. I'm glad UA is trying new things but I don't think this product should be served onboard the aircraft it just to difficult to get it right.

bgm

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Those cabins are going to smell beautiful. Too bad they're not selling McDonald's to round it off.
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin

stlgph

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Love the idea. Love Uno's.
Bring on Ikea meatballs!
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

ASQ400

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:15 pm

As a non-Chicagoan, I might even have a chance at enjoying subprime deep dish Pizza. Bring it on!

B737900ER

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm

jayunited wrote:
You do make great point it will be very interesting to see how UA goes about reheating this product since a most of the ovens were removed from the domestic narrow body fleet. I know UA's domestic narrow body fleet still has galley carts that can be plugged into the aircraft to heat food but I don't how they will get this product hot enough to keep the pizza from having soggy crust, and hard cheese that just ruins a deep dish pizza. If you are going to serve deep dish pizza you need a crispy crust and the cheese has to be hot and melted throughout the entire pie. I'm glad UA is trying new things but I don't think this product should be served onboard the aircraft it just to difficult to get it right.

All Airbus and 737s have ovens front and back, and they get really hot. The 319/320 have galley cart chillers, but there are no heated carts.

CONTACREW

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:31 pm

jayunited wrote:
Aquila3 wrote:
They should forbid them to call it pizza. There is no deep-dish pizza BTW. Call it US-salty-pie but please, no pizza.

Oh lord don't tell me this is what this thread is going to turn into, I like New York style pizza every time I'm in New York no matter how long or short the visit I have to have New York style pizza, but it still pales in comparison to what we have here in Chicago. However the truth is most Chicagoans do not eat UNO's pizza we leave that for the tourist there are so many other locally owned pizza places that are 1,000 times better than UNO's.

Cubsrule wrote:

The narrowbody fleet save for the A319s/A320s have ovens installed in the Y/C galleys.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call

AMALH747430

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:57 pm

I was served an Uno personal deep dish pizza on an AA flight DCA-DFW back in 1995. I remember it being fairly good. Not exceptional, but not bad either.

B737900ER

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:30 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Aquila3 wrote:

Cubsrule wrote:

The narrowbody fleet save for the A319s/A320s have ovens installed in the Y/C galleys.

The 319/320s do have ovens

CONTACREW

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:37 pm

B737900ER wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:
jayunited wrote:

In Y/C? Are you sure? Because I was on an A320 the other day and no hot option for food from the buy on board menu.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call

B737900ER

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:49 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:

In Y/C? Are you sure? Because I was on an A320 the other day and no hot option for food from the buy on board menu.

Yes

EssentialBusDC

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:50 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:

Yes. All Airbus have a full galley in the back, which includes ovens. Ovens in the front galley too.

It could be that for the time of day, the buy on board options did not include a hot item, or catering didn't properly board hot items, or they already sold out of hot items, or the ovens were inop for a mechanical reason.

phatfarmlines

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:56 pm

DL was selling hamburgers on its transcon flights up until the point of offering complementary Luvo sandwiches, and also sold deep dish pizza (Davanni's, a Minneapolis-St. Paul local brand) on east flights to Hawaii prior to offering complementary meals last year.

Now it sounds like UA is planning to offer this hot item on shorter flights. DL's reaction will be interesting as they are the ones pioneering this return of frills in coach. Enjoy while it lasts, because when fuel goes back up, you'll start to see those ovens yanked from the narrowbodies once again.

smallvoyageur

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:56 pm

bgm wrote:
Those cabins are going to smell beautiful. Too bad they're not selling McDonald's to round it off.

Well JL once gave KFC as a Christmas option.

stlgph wrote:
Bring on Ikea meatballs!

Wouldn't be difficult, the company that makes the köttbullar Familjen Dafgård is big supplier of ready meals to all three big Swedish supermarkets chains ICA, Axfood and Coop. So it could be an option for SK flights coming out of ARN.

I would be amused if DY/D8 started to offer Grandiosa as an option!

exunited

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:02 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Aquila3 wrote:

Cubsrule wrote:

All L-UA planes have ovens it's the ex-con cattle car birds that have none.

B737900ER

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:06 pm

[quote="exunited]

All L-UA planes have ovens it's the ex-con cattle car birds that have none.[/quote]
Let's try this again.
ALL UA narrowbody mainline aircraft have ovens installed in both forward and aft galleys.

CONTACREW

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:11 pm

EssentialBusDC wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:
B737900ER wrote:

Yes. All Airbus have a full galley in the back, which includes ovens. Ovens in the front galley too.

It could be that for the time of day, the buy on board options did not include a hot item, or catering didn't properly board hot items, or they already sold out of hot items, or the ovens were inop for a mechanical reason.

How odd I could've sworn the A319s/A320s only have half galleys with the exception of those used Chinese ones which seem to have full size galleys. I asked the crew if any hot items were available they said no. And no they didn't run out of hot options it wasn't available and no it was not mis catered but if they have ovens then the "May be served warm on select aircraft" text needs to be removed from the menus and the website. I seldom fly on the Airbuses so I don't pay attention. Just know whenever im on one the hot options are never available. But if they do then that's great.
Last edited by CONTACREW on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CONTACREW

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:13 pm

exunited wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:
jayunited wrote:

All L-UA planes have ovens it's the ex-con cattle car birds that have none.

Absolutely false. All Continental narrowbody aircraft have ovens in both forward and aft galleys.

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:18 pm

jayunited wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I don't think it's doable in an airplane oven, or at least not any oven in wide circulation. This sort of smells to me like something a CO person did because he or she thought it would be a nice nod to UA/Chicago but that person did not recognize the logistical difficulties.

I'd rather have good deep dish cooked in the restaurant and reheated in a microwave then any of the DIY varieties.

mcdu

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I don't think it's doable in an airplane oven, or at least not any oven in wide circulation. This sort of smells to me like something a CO person did because he or she thought it would be a nice nod to UA/Chicago but that person did not recognize the logistical difficulties.

I'd rather have good deep dish cooked in the restaurant and reheated in a microwave then any of the DIY varieties.

The wonderful thing about this is you are not required to buy a pizza. So if it offends your culinary scale of fine dining then by all means pass. The amount of pettiness over something that is optional is stunning.

AMollenhauer9

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm not sure which kind it was, but I had a couple of small deep dish pizzas on an AA flight back in 2011 ORD-LHR and they were quite good.

Bricktop

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:52 pm

mcdu wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
jayunited wrote:

The wonderful thing about this is you are not required to buy a pizza. So if it offends your culinary scale of fine dining then by all means pass. The amount of pettiness over something that is optional is stunning.

The thing about pizza on a plane is you probably won't want it until your seat mate gets it.

B737900ER

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
This sort of smells to me like something a CO person did because he or she thought it would be a nice nod to UA/Chicago but that person did not recognize the logistical difficulties.

UA makes decisions because it makes money, or they think it will make money. Not as a "nod" to anyone.

And please get over the CO/UA nonsense. Except for a divided flight attendant group, and internet enthusiasts web sites, nobody really cares about divisions anymore

nitepilot79
Topic Author

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Bricktop wrote:
The thing about pizza on a plane is you probably won't want it until your seat mate gets it.

Right?? I'd be satisfied munching on some Goldfish crackers, and then that comes along.

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 pm

B737900ER wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
This sort of smells to me like something a CO person did because he or she thought it would be a nice nod to UA/Chicago but that person did not recognize the logistical difficulties.

UA makes decisions because it makes money, or they think it will make money. Not as a "nod" to anyone.

And please get over the CO/UA nonsense. Except for a divided flight attendant group, and internet enthusiasts web sites, nobody really cares about divisions anymore

I'm not sure profit and sentiment are mutually exclusive. In the deep dish space, the Lou Malnati's mail order business shows us that they are not.

And I'm struggling with your CO/UA comment. I don't think anyone who understands the product would give it a whirl on a plane. Would you have liked it better if I had said "non-Chicagoan" instead of "CO person?" To me, they are basically equivalent. I'm sorry that it offends you that the workgroups do not yet feel integrated to this passenger who flies about 50/50 LCO and LUA routes.

mcdu

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I'm not sure profit and sentiment are mutually exclusive. In the deep dish space, the Lou Malnati's mail order business shows us that they are not.

And I'm struggling with your CO/UA comment. I don't think anyone who understands the product would give it a whirl on a plane. Would you have liked it better if I had said "non-Chicagoan" instead of "CO person?" To me, they are basically equivalent. I'm sorry that it offends you that the workgroups do not yet feel integrated to this passenger who flies about 50/50 LCO and LUA routes.

I'm not sure you understand the pizza is optional. You don't have to have it onboard. So just pretend you are on one of the 50% LCO flights you take and ignore the pizza around you......

B737900ER

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

So anyone not from Chicago is from CO?

ikramerica

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

They won't be cooking from raw. They will likely be mostly cooked, flash frozen, then heated/finished on board.

As for Neopolitan being the only real pizza, please. Uno doesn't claim to be Neopolitan. Neopolitan is a variety of pizza, a boring one. We have a true Neopolitan place in town. They make a big deal of the whole process. Tastes fine. Doesn't mean I don't prefer north jersey pizza, because I grew up there. (It's basically New York pizza but not exactly).

Just because the best sandwich is the north jersey sloppy Joe (not what you think) doesn't mean other things aren't sandwiches.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloppy_joe_(New_Jersey)/ (was lucky enough to work in milburn for two summers as a teen)
Last edited by ikramerica on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

777PHX

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Aquila3 wrote:
They should forbid them to call it pizza. There is no deep-dish pizza BTW. Call it US-salty-pie but please, not pizza.

You can call it whatever you want, I'll continue to call it pizza. Thanks.

AMollenhauer9 wrote:
I'm not sure which kind it was, but I had a couple of small deep dish pizzas on an AA flight back in 2011 ORD-LHR and they were quite good.

Those were Unos. AA used to be known for serving them as the economy snack on transtatlantic flights arriving back in the US. They weren't very good, IMO.

That being said, if AA can figure it out, I'm not sure why it's such an insurmountable feat for UA. It's airplane food, so don't expect restaurant quality product.

Cubsrule wrote:
Even the Lou Malnati's frozen pizzas, which I and I suspect many other expat Chicagoans have had shipped from time to time, are noticeably inferior coming out of a home oven.

That's true, although I've noticed if you get carry out and have them half bake it, you can get close.

Lou Mals is working on their second location out here in the PHX area and you can't beat the real thing, for sure.

GoSharks

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:41 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
I asked the crew if any hot items were available they said no. And no they didn't run out of hot options it wasn't available and no it was not mis catered but if they have ovens then the "May be served warm on select aircraft" text needs to be removed from the menus and the website. I seldom fly on the Airbuses so I don't pay attention. Just know whenever im on one the hot options are never available. But if they do then that's great.

Was the flight >3.5hrs?

Rdh3e

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:50 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
EssentialBusDC wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:

How odd I could've sworn the A319s/A320s only have half galleys with the exception of those used Chinese ones which seem to have full size galleys. I asked the crew if any hot items were available they said no. And no they didn't run out of hot options it wasn't available and no it was not mis catered but if they have ovens then the "May be served warm on select aircraft" text needs to be removed from the menus and the website. I seldom fly on the Airbuses so I don't pay attention. Just know whenever im on one the hot options are never available. But if they do then that's great.

Depending on the length of the route the food options different. For example, ORD-DCA never has more than a snack box in Y. Some very short routes are not catered with even that, like ORD-MSN which is drink service only.

Longer routes like ORD-SFO will have the hot meal that changes by time of day.

airzona11

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Cool to see airlines iterating on the onboard product in positive ways. Great smells too.

Cubsrule wrote:
And I'm struggling with your CO/UA comment. I don't think anyone who understands the product would give it a whirl on a plane.

So are you saying this is a press release that was give to the PR team from someone in marketing without testing out if they can cook it in an onboard oven? :?:

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:15 pm

airzona11 wrote:
Cool to see airlines iterating on the onboard product in positive ways. Great smells too.

Cubsrule wrote:
And I'm struggling with your CO/UA comment. I don't think anyone who understands the product would give it a whirl on a plane.

So are you saying this is a press release that was give to the PR team from someone in marketing without testing out if they can cook it in an onboard oven? :?:

Again, it's not a question of ability to cook it. It's a question of product quality.

kjeld0d

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:19 pm

stlgph wrote:
Bring on Ikea meatballs!

Ikea meatballs? Let me guess, its a bag of ground pork and and a seasoning packet?

airzona11

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
airzona11 wrote:

Cubsrule wrote:

Again, it's not a question of ability to cook it. It's a question of product quality.

Yeah I guess everyone expecting authentic UNO deep dish is going to have to just go to UNO vs flying a UA flight longer than 3 hours.

Tough to see this a negative ding again UA. But none the less this is an aviation blog where the minutia can/will be/should be discussed.

FlyUSAir

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Actually this is a decent idea. Certainly better than offering sandwiches with 50 types of horseradish sauce/mayo plopped on.
A319/A320/A321/A333 712/732/733/734/735/737/738/752/753/762/763 C172 CR2/CR7/CR9 E145/E170/E175/E190
MD82/MD83/MD88/MD90 Q100/Q400

compensateme

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Cubsrule wrote:

I agree completey with this. A few years ago, I purchased pizza bread-type concoction onboard EWR-HNL; it was very soogy and not very good. Deep dish pizza would be even more challenging to serve, likely with a similar (at best) outcome.

Ultimately, if I'm going to shove 2,000 calories and 110g of carbs down my throat... it's better be good.
You're not the CEO; you were a menial aircraft support mechanic intern, and that was four years ago.

ckfred

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Some random thoughts.

AA had Uno's in F on shorter flights, or flights between typical mealtimes, back in the 1990s. They tended to be popular. Once, I was flying non-rev in F on ORD-BOS. They ran out of pizza before serving the non-revs.

Deep-dish pizza can be tricky to heat in an airplane galley. Once, while flying ATL-ORD, the F/A managed to burn some of the pizzas. I wound up with a turkey sandwich.

It might not be a bad idea for the airlines to come up with items other than snack food and small sandwiches to sell in Y. At most airports, finding a place that sells cold meals can be hard. Often, the food choices tend to be chain restaurants like McDonald's, Wendy's, Chick-fil-A, and the like. By the time you can open the seatback tray after take-off, the food has gotten cold.

Even if the airport has options beyond the typical chain fast-food restaurants, finding a good deli sandwich or larger salad can be difficult.

Years ago, the late William F. Buckley had a column about the sorry state of food in Y. This was probably 5 or 6 years before 9/11. For the column, I gathered that he had either an AA Bistro Bag or a Delta Deli bag. He had also suffered through some lousy hot meals in both F and Y.

His idea was that an airline should serve "good" deli sandwiches, from places in New York like Katz's Deli, the Carnegie Deli, or Junior's. Then, for dessert, he opined that an option could be TCBY frozen yogurt.

Granted, a sandwich from a good New York deli can be huge. I've eaten at Junior's at Grand Central, and the sandwich was massive. But, he was right that the sandwiches in the Bistro Bag and Delta Deli bag were awful.

dc9northwest

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 pm

How much will this cost due to the extra heart attacks-related diversions?

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:28 pm

airzona11 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
airzona11 wrote:

Yeah I guess everyone expecting authentic UNO deep dish is going to have to just go to UNO vs flying a UA flight longer than 3 hours.

Tough to see this a negative ding again UA. But none the less this is an aviation blog where the minutia can/will be/should be discussed.

You seem to be reading some criticism that simply isn't there. Catering innovations are to be commended on all carriers. UA's food offerings are improving; I especially enjoy the warmed scones in Y on shorter early morning flights.

That said, the airplane galley is not conducive to all types of food. Pizza is a problem. All sorts of carriers have tried a pizza-like concotion as the second meal in Y on westbound TATL flights over the years and these have been uniformly vile. Pizza has moved higher class in the past 15 or 20 years, and I think a well-cooked, tastefully topped pizza would be a perfectly acceptable mid-haul lunch in F. But specialized ovens are a huge part of what has made pizza better, and those are not replicable on board.

I have a soft spot for bananas foster. I would never order it on an airplane. We don't let f/as flambe on board. By the same token, I'm a lot more likely to order an ice cream sundae on board than in a comparably nice restaurant on the ground because it translates well to the air.

If UA can make money on these pizzas, good for them. Maybe they are better than current BOB options. I'm just not sure how they will taste.

802flyguy

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:54 pm

Aquila3 wrote:

Agreed! Actually, "deep dish pizza" can be very good, but puh-leese don't call it pizza. I was enjoying a rather excellent thin crust pizza at Moretti's in Chicagolan (across the street from United's old HDQ! ) recently and dicussed the subject with the bartender, who agreed.

It's fine for UA to serve it but maybe it should be cslled something else. Casserole?

LTU932

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Aquila3 wrote:
I'm also Italian (ethnically) and I have no problems with US pizza being called pizza. It's part of the heritage that fellow Italians brought to the United States. As long as the pie doesn't have pineapple or sweets, it's fine by me.

And back on topic: I wish they had offered that when I last flew EWR-SJO. But I guess they will only offer them out of ORD?
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

OzarkD9S

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:01 pm

I remember getting a decent "snack pack" on America West back in the day. Wasn't super filling or substantial and people loved to bitch about it but it looks like a 7 course meal at Maxim's compared to now. With all the fees for everything nowadays at least they could offer more than pretzels on a 2+ hour flight. Included.
Ozark Flies YOUR Way.

RyanairGuru

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
EssentialBusDC wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:

The A32S have two half galleys, forward and aft of the R2 door. They therefore have the same galley space as the 737s, just configured differently.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

BawliBooch

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 am

PIZZA?

Lets make America FAT again!
L' Esprit de Mai 68

PEK777

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 am

pizza makes me fart and deep dish just adds fuel to the fire. I am sure I'm not the only one so this could be a disaster

Flaps

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:02 am

Yawnnnnnnn.....Invest the money in getting the planes running on time and bags to right destination.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos