dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Emirates announces an extensive partnership with Flydubai

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 am

Emirates and Flydubai has announced a while ago an extensive partnership between both entities that includes an expansive codeshare agreement, schedule alignment and network optimisation while offering passengers access to over 200 unique destinations from Dubai.

Quote:
"The innovative partnership goes beyond code-sharing and includes integrated network collaboration with coordinated scheduling. The new model will give flydubai customers seamless connectivity to Emirates’ worldwide destinations spanning six continents. For Emirates’ customers, it opens up flydubai’s robust regional network. "

Both airlines teams are working together on a number of initiatives spanning commercial, network planning, airport operations, customer journey, and frequent flyer programmes alignment.

The partnership will be rolled out over the coming months, with the first enhanced code-sharing arrangements starting in the last quarter of 2017. Further details will follow.

I think after reading the above, Emirates won't order any narrowbody jets in future.

Source: https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... -agreement

ikolkyo

Re: Emirates announces an extensive partnership with Flydubai

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:28 am

Makes too much sense for this not to happen. It was going to happen eventually.

scotron11

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 am

Seeing as they already have MAX8 on order (75 according to WIKI) I guess no need to order more

TWA772LR

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 am

The eventual Emirates/Flydubai merger is starting to roll.
Eat 'em up Kats!

andrej

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 am

Good news and inevitable. First and foremost, they could link Terminal 3 and Terminal 2. Transferring was a real PITA (same goes between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3).

JoKeR

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 am

Terminal 2 is the reason many people (who otherwise need to connect with EK via an FZ flight), avoid Dubai and opt for EY and QR instead.

While other Terminals in Dubai are nice and polished, Terminal 2 looks like a horror movie set.

Sincerely hope this "integration" involves FZ accessing main DXB Terminals and soon!

behramjee

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 am

I've flown twice with FZ in 2012 out of T2 and the terminal is fine. It isn't at all as bad you make it out to be.

I don't understand why people can be willing to transfer between terminals at JFK LHR MAN CDG without doing drama but at DXB think its like the plague !

EK will now ensure T2 is spiced up a bit with this new deal.

enilria

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am

Kills DWC. They now need to be at the same airport.

Slash787

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 am

Well this is not surprising at all

directorguy

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 am

Looking forward to this.
Currently, it is easy to build multi-stop routings on each airline separately, but not as easy when you want to combine destinations from both airlines.
T2 is not the dreary dump everyone makes it out to be. Maybe 10 years ago in the pre/early FZ era, before the makeover and back when it was dominated by other airlines flying to Hargeisa, Kandahar and Madurai, it wasn't pleasant. But right now, they've spruced it up. If anything, the compact layout makes it very user-friendly.
I wonder how many remote gates there are in Terminal 3 and whether they would be able to accommodate FZ.

scbriml

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

enilria wrote:

More likely ensures they will both move to the larger, new airport, IMHO.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

migair54

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 pm

JoKeR wrote:
Sincerely hope this "integration" involves FZ accessing main DXB Terminals and soon!
scbriml wrote:
enilria wrote:

More likely ensures they will both move to the larger, new airport, IMHO.

The project is larger but the actual size airport is just a joke, and it is not going to be much bigger in the next few years, not long ago articles mention that EK won´t move to DWC until 2026 the earliest and some improvement works will be done in DXB, lastest I hear is that a new extension will be built East of T-3, towards the Royal wing area to build more gates, but nothing official is out yet.

As someone mention above the real issue now is building a link between T-1 and T-2 so pax can transfer faster between FZ and EK, otherwise it will be a nightmare.

JoKeR wrote:

The main terminals, T-3 for example is full of EK flights, I don´t know how can they find any space to park FZ planes, ever the remote parking stands are very full at peak times with B777 and A380 using remote stands for boarding, so I don´t think we will see any FZ plane using T-3 any time soon. FZ is good where they are now, but to make this cooperation work DXB needs the link between terminals and they need that asap.

DXBDFWHGA

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:17 pm

A good move for EK and FZ. You could earn Skywards miles on flydubai.

parapente

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:50 pm

As stated above clearly fly Dubai will not now move to DWC.(until they both do whenever that will eventually be).
That fact in turn clearly constrains any expansion plans at the existing airport as I believe it's nearly full.
We know (I believe) that
1.115 A380's is the max and they are at about 100 right now,
2.That all the existing 777's are to be replaced by the 777x order placed.
3.Local airline now stays

So 4. How much additional capacity at the airport is there for the mid range - mid cities aircraft that they are going to buy (probably 787's)? Or am I missing something here I thought the airport was pretty darn full already.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

So is this really good news? rom a consumer perspective, the ME3 have always said they bring competition and choice to markets. This is what the ME3 fans in India always say. This merger looks to me as EK and Dubai's attempt to lower competition at least for DXB O&D flights. If DXB is really as big a market as they say (and to South Asia they are big), having one UAE airline makes no sense (to consumers). To a monopoly, it definitely makes a ton of sense.

migair54

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So is this really good news? rom a consumer perspective, the ME3 have always said they bring competition and choice to markets. This is what the ME3 fans in India always say. This merger looks to me as EK and Dubai's attempt to lower competition at least for DXB O&D flights. If DXB is really as big a market as they say (and to South Asia they are big), having one UAE airline makes no sense (to consumers). To a monopoly, it definitely makes a ton of sense.

In the last years FZ has change a bit the business model and FZ has started flights that overlap directly with EK, doing competition to yourself is not that clever, since both airlines belong to the same people, cooperating will enhance the operation and hopefully the profits, I think it was the only logic step to take.
We often talk about how many seats ME3 has to India, but don´t forget that Indian airlines has many daily flights to the ME3 hubs also and to more cities like BAH, KWI, MCT, so the competition is real and the market is very big, any airline you take any day any time of the day and India flights are almost always packed, and plenty of cargo too in the routes.

parapente wrote:
1.115 A380's is the max and they are at about 100 right now,
2.That all the existing 777's are to be replaced by the 777x order placed.
3.Local airline now stays

So 4. How much additional capacity at the airport is there for the mid range - mid cities aircraft that they are going to buy (probably 787's)? Or am I missing something here I thought the airport was pretty darn full already.

No, you are not missing anything, the only thing is that I am not sure if EK will every have that 115 A380 because if they can some of them will just replace old frames, most of them have 10 years lease and some of them are about to turn 8 years old and the deliveries for next years are very limited, some B77W are already leaving and just being replaced by new B77W and in few years B77X will start replacing many of them very fast.
I am not sure about the B787, but it will be nice for EK to have a smaller plane, however the airport can´t handle too many more planes unless they do something.

dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 am

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos