flyguy84
Topic Author

United To Launch ORD-MZT, beefs up IAH-MZT

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:06 am

Article is in Spanish but.. United is launching winter seasonal saturday-only service between Chicago-ORD and Mazatlan, Mexico (MZT/MMZT) to be operated by an Airbus 319. Service will begin December 23 and run though April 8th. In addition, United will also continue to serve MZT from IAH with 4 weekly flights serviced with an Embraer 175 during the winter season.

Who knew that MZT was still a viable vacation destination? Not me!

http://t21.com.mx/aereo/2017/08/09/unit ... a-mazatlan

hiflyeras

Re: United To Launch ORD-MZT, beefs up IAH-MZT

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:09 am

Pretty odd move. The only ones brave enough to go there are Canadians and Mexicans. Murders, robberies and violence have escalated, cruise lines left and tourism has plummeted. It's ACA North.

usflyer msp

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 am

hiflyeras wrote:
Pretty odd move. The only ones brave enough to go there are Canadians and Mexicans. Murders, robberies and violence have escalated, cruise lines left and tourism has plummeted. It's ACA North.

MZT is still very popular in Minnesota. I was there last year and did not think it was scary at all plus it is waaay cheaper than CUN/SJD/PVR.

I do not think UA has flown to MZT at all since 2012.

joeljack

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:25 am

A friend of my dad's goes to MZT every year for vacation and loves it. He loves to fish. I'm not sure which airline he flies down there from OMA.

MIflyer12

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 am

hiflyeras wrote:

Adding service to a non-SJD Pacific Mexico destination surprised me, too, but I wouldn't have put it quite as you did.

phatfarmlines

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:13 am

hiflyeras wrote:

Has the violence died down since the late 2000's? I don't hear about it much these days on the news.

But ACA traffic really took the brunt of the violence - this one hasn't recovered yet.

Taco2sDay

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 pm

MZT fits in well with ORD. The gun-killing express! Although MDW would be closer to the action.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos