airsicknessbag

HF New Clrs/Winglets-How Fast Are They Progressin?

Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:44 am

Hi everybody,

do you know at which pace HF are repainting their fleet? Any guesses how the odds are for getting a baby blue 737-800 in late March?

What about winglets, what´s their status?

Thanks,

Daniel Smile

HAJ_OW

RE: HF New Clrs/Winglets-How Fast Are They Progressin?

Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:54 am

They should be all painted in new coulors by the end of next year. I just have seen an 800 with winglets today in HAJ this morning.
As far as I know the winglet conversions should be done during this winter season. I don't know if it worked out as it should.
I really liked the old coulors better. I wonder if they will even paint the Corsair 747s in Babyblue... I have read in the Preussag Newspaper that all Preussag Airlines should adopt this new colour sceme.

Oliver

Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:59 am

I've seen my first A310 in the new colors the other day. Looked kinda alright. But still strange.

airsicknessbag

Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:14 am

Aha, so chances are good to get one with with winglets. Good, I´ve been on 738s before, but all without winglets.
And about the livery: I don´t like it either, but it would be nice to get a closer look, personally - and what opportunity is better suited for that than a flight  Smile/happy/getting dizzy? I´ll get only one shot at it, though, only one sector is going to be HF.

Maybe some HF insider can give some sort of statement like "X % of 738s have been repainted" or "the 738s will be repainted only after all 310s are done" or something like that.

Oh well, I´ll just have to wait and see...

Daniel Smile

Ndebele

Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:39 am

I'm not a HF insider, but I know that at least D-AHFC/D/E/F/G/H/J/L/S/T/U/V/W have got winglets. D-AHFC/E/F and D-AHLV have already been repainted. D-AHLA is flying for AfricanSafari. And I have seen D-AHFN today, no winglets, old livery. That's all I know, not sure about the other aircraft.