airsicknessbag

HF New Clrs/Winglets-How Fast Are They Progressin?

Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:44 am

Hi everybody,

do you know at which pace HF are repainting their fleet? Any guesses how the odds are for getting a baby blue 737-800 in late March?

What about winglets, what´s their status?

Thanks,

Daniel Smile

HAJ_OW

RE: HF New Clrs/Winglets-How Fast Are They Progressin?

Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:54 am

They should be all painted in new coulors by the end of next year. I just have seen an 800 with winglets today in HAJ this morning.
As far as I know the winglet conversions should be done during this winter season. I don't know if it worked out as it should.
I really liked the old coulors better. I wonder if they will even paint the Corsair 747s in Babyblue... I have read in the Preussag Newspaper that all Preussag Airlines should adopt this new colour sceme.

Oliver

Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:59 am

I've seen my first A310 in the new colors the other day. Looked kinda alright. But still strange.

airsicknessbag

Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:14 am

Aha, so chances are good to get one with with winglets. Good, I´ve been on 738s before, but all without winglets.
And about the livery: I don´t like it either, but it would be nice to get a closer look, personally - and what opportunity is better suited for that than a flight  Smile/happy/getting dizzy? I´ll get only one shot at it, though, only one sector is going to be HF.

Maybe some HF insider can give some sort of statement like "X % of 738s have been repainted" or "the 738s will be repainted only after all 310s are done" or something like that.

Oh well, I´ll just have to wait and see...

Daniel Smile

Ndebele

Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:39 am

I'm not a HF insider, but I know that at least D-AHFC/D/E/F/G/H/J/L/S/T/U/V/W have got winglets. D-AHFC/E/F and D-AHLV have already been repainted. D-AHLA is flying for AfricanSafari. And I have seen D-AHFN today, no winglets, old livery. That's all I know, not sure about the other aircraft.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos