flyua

UA Recalling --1,200-- Flight Attendants!

Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:36 am

United announced this morning that 1,200 furloughed Flight Attendants will be recalled to their former domiciles effective April 1st, due to higher-than-expected advance bookings and the addition of 127 flights to the April schedule. The most junior Flight Attendant is expected to be in the November 6th, 2000 training class. This brings our total "recallees" to 2,100! I hope a few airliners.net users (ualfa@jfk?) are included in this group!

While I really don't know when -- or if -- we'll see light at the end of United's tunnel, I'm very happy that our tunnel's getting a little more crowded with the familiar faces of dear coworkers. I'm so happy to welcome them back into the fold!

-Flyua.

flyua

Correction!

Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:46 am

Make that total number of recalled Flight Attendants 2,000 -- not 2,100. I hope we surpass that number very soon, though!

RE: UA Recalling --1,200-- Flight Attendants!

Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:41 am

If United really was in dire straites, they WOULDN'T be calling back emloyees.

UALfa@jfk

Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:54 am

That's good news Flyua. Actually, I took the voluntary 3-month furlough last fall and "officially" returned January 31. (I just missed the involuntary furlough seniority by a few months).

BUT, I was seriously thinking about putting my resignation in by March due to my lack of faith in the company, management, and the many fiscal problems with the company. I'm still very much undecided, because during the whole time of the furlough, I secured a nice cushy 35-hour a week "long term" temp job that pays me twice as much as UA's sorry B-scale (but no benefits). This is a true tough call for me, because once the 1,200 return, I surely will not be on reserve like I am now. And as you know, there's nothing better than RDOing and trip trading when you're line holding.

Well, no matter what I end up doing, this is very good news for the company, indeed. I'm gonna have to think about my decision some more.

fly_emirates

Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:52 pm

that is true, a friend of mine, he works on united and he is furloughed.. so he emailed me and told him that they called him back