User avatar
mercure1
Topic Author
Posts: 3462
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Air Canada has reached a deal with its pilots that will allow the airline to increase the number of aircraft operating in its low-cost Rouge unit.

Air Canada said in a news release that the Air Canada Pilots Association, which represents 3,500 pilots, agreed to amendments to the current 10-year labour deal that will allow the company to improve flexibility and lower costs.

Kym Robertson, a spokeswoman for the Air Canada Pilots Association, said the amendments to the deal include a new pension plan for pilots hired after 2012 that is a multi-employer plan that improves on the existing defined contribution plan. Pilots also won improvements in benefits, scheduling and working conditions, Ms. Robertson said. "The improvements were achieved in part in exchange for allowing growth of the Air Canada Rouge narrow body fleet," she said.


https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... le36249609
http://business.financialpost.com/pmn/b ... ouge-brand


Sounds like a nice win-win for all parties.

Previously Rouge was limited to 50 frames.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:56 pm

I wonder if it means more A319s not getting retired or even possibly the newer A320-214s joining the fleet as well? Very interesting! Other than that, good to see the increased benefits for pilots post 2012 because they're getting a big influx with the PMA agreement with Express who need a better defined benefit.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 pm

A little more info here: http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ai ... 65893.html

The amendments support Air Canada's strategic business plan for profitable growth network wide, for both mainline and Rouge in a proportionate manner based on overall growth. Specifically, the amendments provide Air Canada with the ability to expand the North American narrowbody fleet operated by Rouge according to an agreed-upon formula by Air Canada's pilots that enables the airline to expand its presence in certain regional markets and to compete effectively with emerging North American Ultra Low Cost Carriers (ULCCs).


It sounds like the size of the Rouge fleet is directly linked to the size of mainline.
 
Speedalive
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 pm

What is the limit of the Rouge fleet now?
 
jbs2886
Posts: 1093
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

aerolimani wrote:
A little more info here: http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ai ... 65893.html

The amendments support Air Canada's strategic business plan for profitable growth network wide, for both mainline and Rouge in a proportionate manner based on overall growth. Specifically, the amendments provide Air Canada with the ability to expand the North American narrowbody fleet operated by Rouge according to an agreed-upon formula by Air Canada's pilots that enables the airline to expand its presence in certain regional markets and to compete effectively with emerging North American Ultra Low Cost Carriers (ULCCs).


It sounds like the size of the Rouge fleet is directly linked to the size of mainline.


Interesting that only the narrowbody fleet can expand. No more widebodies.
 
Thomaas
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm

I believe that you'll see the CSeries at Rouge and the reminder of the A321s from mainline replace the A319s.
 
Leslieville
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Speedalive wrote:
What is the limit of the Rouge fleet now?


Rouge is currently limited to 50 aircraft, with 49 being in current service.
 
edmaircraft
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:40 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Assuming new aircraft are eventually coming, will we see greater frequencies, new routes, or both?
Let me up!
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 am

Thomaas wrote:
I believe that you'll see the CSeries at Rouge and the reminder of the A321s from mainline replace the A319s.



Perhaps, although if 5 319s are already going to be swapped around to take the Rouge 321s to mainline then it might be an indicator that there is a higher likelihood that more 319s go over. Who knows though...

In fact, the point about the 321s going to Rouge is a flat no because they just came out last month about how the 321s don't really work in the Rouge model.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
pictues1981
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 am

C Series is replacing the E Jets so more likely going to Air Canada but I don't know really just a guess
 
Speedalive
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:13 am

Leslieville wrote:
Speedalive wrote:
What is the limit of the Rouge fleet now?


Rouge is currently limited to 50 aircraft, with 49 being in current service.

I meant as in with the new agreement. Somebody answered at the same time I posted though.
 
User avatar
accargofra
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:23 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 am

CFM565A1 wrote:


Perhaps, although if 5 319s are already going to be swapped around to take the Rouge 321s to mainline then it might be an indicator that there is a higher likelihood that more 319s go over. Who knows though...

In fact, the point about the 321s going to Rouge is a flat no because they just came out last month about how the 321s don't really work in the Rouge model.


where did you get that information from ?
IMHO always though that the 5 RV321's (200 seats) are the perfect plane to fit the gap between the 20 RV319's (136 seats) and RV767's (280 seats).
 
Dominion301
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:37 pm

accargofra wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:


Perhaps, although if 5 319s are already going to be swapped around to take the Rouge 321s to mainline then it might be an indicator that there is a higher likelihood that more 319s go over. Who knows though...

In fact, the point about the 321s going to Rouge is a flat no because they just came out last month about how the 321s don't really work in the Rouge model.


where did you get that information from ?
IMHO always though that the 5 RV321's (200 seats) are the perfect plane to fit the gap between the 20 RV319's (136 seats) and RV767's (280 seats).


I know longhauler has mentioned that the 5 RV 321s are supposed to be swapping back to mainline in exchange for 319s. It makes sense given how 319s on YYT-LHR are going bye bye.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 6975
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm

IIRC the issue was that overall A319s worked better at Rouge versus at AC over the A321 at Rouge versus at AC. In other words, AC Group saw greater improvement in economics when shifting the A319 away from mainline to Rouge. So when the Rouge fleet was capped at 50 it made more sense to have more A319s in it for the AC group as a whole. That doesn't mean the A321 doesn't work at Rouge, just that AC doesn't see as much of an improvement over mainline..
 
mumf
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:49 pm

edmaircraft wrote:
Assuming new aircraft are eventually coming, will we see greater frequencies, new routes, or both?


Maybe AC Rouge will consider new routes to Europe to face Norwegian, WOWair, West Jet, and new deal between easyJet and Long Haul low cost airlines.
LYS, AMS, CDG, ORY, MUC, BOD, BRU, DUS, FCO, NCE, PRG, RUN, ARN, CPH, HEL, TLL, VIE
 
BillyD
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:41 pm

I still will not fly Rouge. I've flown them once and sardines have more leg room. If they charged less than mainline, I would think about it, but they don't. I fly YYC - PHX often. WS price is the same as AC Rouge, but you get more legroom, better service and leather seats on WS.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 4746
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Could it open the option of transferring to RV the A333s fleet either to use them to leisure destinations with greater capacity or to operate them for AC on some of the current routes?
 
User avatar
767333ER
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:51 pm

BillyD wrote:
I still will not fly Rouge. I've flown them once and sardines have more leg room. If they charged less than mainline, I would think about it, but they don't. I fly YYC - PHX often. WS price is the same as AC Rouge, but you get more legroom, better service and leather seats on WS.

I'll bite. So you say WS has more legroom, better service, and leather seats. It is true the legroom is a little better, but otherwise what you say either cannot be proven or is not true. I believe their seats are not really leather that would be way too expensive, but rather some sort of slippery pleather that many airlines use. What happens in these for me anyway is I keep ending up slouching no matter what as they are slippery. Fabric seats don't have this problem which is possibly why a lot of airline wise them. The service by the crew is something that cannot be proven because I've had both good and bad flights on Rouge and WestJet and I imagine anyone who has flown on them more than occasionally would experience much the same. The IFE on Rouge is a BYOD system that actually works better than their old Thales PTVs and it offers the same selection of AVOD. On WestJet the IFE if PTV equipped I believe fails to work half way over Montana and doesn't work for the rest of the flight (it did at least on my YYC-SAN flight as we were out of the Bell TV satellite). On Rouge you can buy a hot meal, on WestJet you cannot, yet... For those who are interested in such product, Rouge offers proper J class seating, WestJet offers European J class as I like to call it. Non airline specific things, for me I would rather fly on an A319 over a 737 any day of the week even if it has less legroom. It has a wider seat and a much quieter cabin. I have nothing against flying on WestJet and if it came down to a lower price, the only thing that would slightly be holding me back is the 737 vs the A319 I could get elsewhere.
accargofra wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:


Perhaps, although if 5 319s are already going to be swapped around to take the Rouge 321s to mainline then it might be an indicator that there is a higher likelihood that more 319s go over. Who knows though...

In fact, the point about the 321s going to Rouge is a flat no because they just came out last month about how the 321s don't really work in the Rouge model.


where did you get that information from ?
IMHO always though that the 5 RV321's (200 seats) are the perfect plane to fit the gap between the 20 RV319's (136 seats) and RV767's (280 seats).

Essentially the underlying purpose of Rouge is to take older less economical planes and make them more economical by adding seats, planes that they would rather not incur any more debt to replace at this time. The A319 naturally being an over capable but economically challenged plane so it can handle the extra seats and they help it's economics. The 767 is older now and adding a few seats keeps it competitive. A brand new A321 is generally regarded as one of the most economical planes aside from the newer version so they have seen less benefit to having a Rouge configuration in them rather than a regular one than they do on the A319 and 767 so the word was a while ago that they would swap away the A321s for A319s, but as they have said now that the narrowbody fleet for Rouge can grow, we may we more of the 18 mainline A319s get moved. I could see them moveing all 15 leaving only the 3 Jetz planes rather than the current public plan of retiring them.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Could it open the option of transferring to RV the A333s fleet either to use them to leisure destinations with greater capacity or to operate them for AC on some of the current routes?

The article I shared indicates that the deal allows for expansion of the RV narrowbody fleet. It seems that widebody expansion remains hard-capped.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ai ... 61673.html

Specifically, the amendments provide Air Canada with the ability to expand the North American narrowbody fleet operated by Rouge…
 
yycdel
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:43 pm

767333ER wrote:
The IFE on Rouge is a BYOD system that actually works better than their old Thales PTVs and it offers the same selection of AVOD.




You can't be serious....... the rouge ife has no moving map, games, etc and it forces you to use a small smartphone screen or tablet, which means you can't use it during meal service. It's just a horrible setup.
Also I believe the A319s don't even have power ports in Economy, so you're just draining your phone battery

Sadly Westjet is going the same way, but atleast they have a moving map
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:32 pm

accargofra wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:


Perhaps, although if 5 319s are already going to be swapped around to take the Rouge 321s to mainline then it might be an indicator that there is a higher likelihood that more 319s go over. Who knows though...

In fact, the point about the 321s going to Rouge is a flat no because they just came out last month about how the 321s don't really work in the Rouge model.


where did you get that information from ?
IMHO always though that the 5 RV321's (200 seats) are the perfect plane to fit the gap between the 20 RV319's (136 seats) and RV767's (280 seats).


An AC employee (Longhauler) on this website in another thread.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
accargofra wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:


Perhaps, although if 5 319s are already going to be swapped around to take the Rouge 321s to mainline then it might be an indicator that there is a higher likelihood that more 319s go over. Who knows though...

In fact, the point about the 321s going to Rouge is a flat no because they just came out last month about how the 321s don't really work in the Rouge model.


where did you get that information from ?
IMHO always though that the 5 RV321's (200 seats) are the perfect plane to fit the gap between the 20 RV319's (136 seats) and RV767's (280 seats).


I know longhauler has mentioned that the 5 RV 321s are supposed to be swapping back to mainline in exchange for 319s. It makes sense given how 319s on YYT-LHR are going bye bye.



Makes total sense to me, no need to have them hanging around mainline when the 321s could boost payloads for transcon for them, especially with the 767s exiting too.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 pm

yycdel wrote:
767333ER wrote:
The IFE on Rouge is a BYOD system that actually works better than their old Thales PTVs and it offers the same selection of AVOD.




You can't be serious....... the rouge ife has no moving map, games, etc and it forces you to use a small smartphone screen or tablet, which means you can't use it during meal service. It's just a horrible setup.
Also I believe the A319s don't even have power ports in Economy, so you're just draining your phone battery

Sadly Westjet is going the same way, but atleast they have a moving map


I'd have to agree with 767333ER, the 319 is first of all way more appealing than any 737 regardless of who has better seat pitch... it's quieter and wider which I like because I feel less confined. I have yet to fly with WS and have their TV work correctly for the entire flight... a moving map for me is a luxury item as I don't really rely on them for figuring out where I am since I have foreflight with IFR maps that give me a better sense of where we are in the flight.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
Speedalive
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm

I wonder what's left for expansion North American wise with the 319 fleet. I'm guessing we'll see a lot more domestic routes being taken over by rouge. Will rouge be used to launch some transatlantic services like Westjet to Glasgow or will that be all mainline MAX's? I thought for sure that we'd see the A330's go to rouge eventually, but I guess that's not happening if it was just the narrowbody fleet that got approval to expand.

BillyD wrote:
I still will not fly Rouge. I've flown them once and sardines have more leg room. If they charged less than mainline, I would think about it, but they don't. I fly YYC - PHX often. WS price is the same as AC Rouge, but you get more legroom, better service and leather seats on WS.
I have yet to fly Rouge, but I've flown WS and AC numerous times and AC wins comfort wise easily. I'm only an average 5'11" but my knees hit the seat in front of me and I always get off the flight with a sore back.

CFM565A1 wrote:
a moving map for me is a luxury item as I don't really rely on them for figuring out where I am since I have foreflight with IFR maps that give me a better sense of where we are in the flight.

Out of curiosity, did you do flight training at Mount Royal University? Sorry for the thread drift, there's just not too many people out there with time on a P2006T (your signature says you've flown it).
 
jmt18325
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Rouge already flies to Glasgow.

Westjet with the new thinner seats is fine. With the older seats it's terrible.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Oh those Pilots are so nice, look at them, they are so gracious to let their employer do what is needed for the business, the minor detail is that their piece of the pie got a little bigger.

I really shake my head for the absolute power these employees seem to have. Don't ever want to be an airline executive, you don't have any power to steer the company in the right direction. Same with hospitals in The Netherlands, specialist have way too much power. [/rant]
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
longhauler
Posts: 5388
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Oh those Pilots are so nice, look at them, they are so gracious to let their employer do what is needed for the business, the minor detail is that their piece of the pie got a little bigger.

I really shake my head for the absolute power these employees seem to have. Don't ever want to be an airline executive, you don't have any power to steer the company in the right direction. Same with hospitals in The Netherlands, specialist have way too much power. [/rant]

I hate to ruin a perfectly entertaining nonsensical rant with the introduction of fact, but ...

Air Canada was never restricted on the number of Rouge fins by the pilots. However, they were restricted on the number of Rouge fins, that pilots agreed to fly at reduced wages and poorer working conditions. Air Canada was always able to paint whatever they wanted on the side of an aircraft and mainline pilots could fly it.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 pm

longhauler wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Oh those Pilots are so nice, look at them, they are so gracious to let their employer do what is needed for the business, the minor detail is that their piece of the pie got a little bigger.

I really shake my head for the absolute power these employees seem to have. Don't ever want to be an airline executive, you don't have any power to steer the company in the right direction. Same with hospitals in The Netherlands, specialist have way too much power. [/rant]

I hate to ruin a perfectly entertaining nonsensical rant with the introduction of fact, but ...

Air Canada was never restricted on the number of Rouge fins by the pilots. However, they were restricted on the number of Rouge fins, that pilots agreed to fly at reduced wages and poorer working conditions. Air Canada was always able to paint whatever they wanted on the side of an aircraft and mainline pilots could fly it.



Oh please, no facts, I was perfectly happy with my rant. :D

(and this fact doesn't change the main argument, this group of employees have way too much power to effectively steer a company)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
longhauler
Posts: 5388
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:10 pm

CFM565A1 wrote:
An AC employee (Longhauler) on this website in another thread.

I repeated comments said by one of AC's officials at a (non-airline) business meeting and quoted in the Globe and Mail.

What was said, was that the majority of the gains in lowering unit costs on Rouge, were achieved by the increased number of seats. Roughly 20% for the A319, close to 30% on the 767, but only 8% on the A321. Mr. Smith stated that he could make more money flying the aircraft at mainline AC, something like he could charge $4000 r/t YYZ-YYC-YYZ in J but only $1300 YYZ-CUN-YYZ.

But that was several months ago and as noted, fleet plans change weekly. I have heard nothing more about moving A321s to mainline, so maybe it was just a passing consideration.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:47 am

Speedalive wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you do flight training at Mount Royal University? Sorry for the thread drift, there's just not too many people out there with time on a P2006T (your signature says you've flown it).


Guilty as charged 8-)
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:48 am

longhauler wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:
An AC employee (Longhauler) on this website in another thread.

I repeated comments said by one of AC's officials at a (non-airline) business meeting and quoted in the Globe and Mail.

What was said, was that the majority of the gains in lowering unit costs on Rouge, were achieved by the increased number of seats. Roughly 20% for the A319, close to 30% on the 767, but only 8% on the A321. Mr. Smith stated that he could make more money flying the aircraft at mainline AC, something like he could charge $4000 r/t YYZ-YYC-YYZ in J but only $1300 YYZ-CUN-YYZ.

But that was several months ago and as noted, fleet plans change weekly. I have heard nothing more about moving A321s to mainline, so maybe it was just a passing consideration.


I see, well we'll watch with great interest I guess... Anyways I just wanted to make sure you got credit and not rip you off when I commented on here :smile:

I will admit, I haven't heard anymore about the possible swap since then too.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, Been on: ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200, 767-300, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
767333ER
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:27 am

yycdel wrote:
You can't be serious....... the rouge ife has no moving map, games, etc and it forces you to use a small smartphone screen or tablet, which means you can't use it during meal service. It's just a horrible setup.
Also I believe the A319s don't even have power ports in Economy, so you're just draining your phone battery

Sadly Westjet is going the same way, but atleast they have a moving map

If I were joking it would be funny, but it's not so I'm not joking. A moving map would be nice, but you can easily get that sort of service if you decide to purchase the newly installed wifi which is an insignificant cost on top of what you are paying to fly on the plane in the first place. The setup of that IFE is superior to the Thales PTV on the mainline Airbuses and 767s. It functions far better, it has the same selection, and typically your tablet will have a far superior and larger screen to the Thales offering. As well you also have no one bashing the back of your seat. If you don't have a tablet, you can rent one. If you do have one and are complaining about the IFE not having games, you could say that's what the App Store/Google Play Store is for. I agree power outlets would be nice, but I guess people could just be proactive and charge their device before going on the flight, I did and it worked just fine. While having a meal it can be tricky, I've made it work, but do you really need your IFE on all the time even when you are eating?
Dutchy wrote:
Oh please, no facts, I was perfectly happy with my rant. :D

(and this fact doesn't change the main argument, this group of employees have way too much power to effectively steer a company)

It may not change your arguement, but it does cripple its effectiveness and prove it to be far fetched. If the employees you speak of had absolute power, things would look very different.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 4746
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada, pilots reach deal for more aircraft at Rouge

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:59 pm

aerolimani wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Could it open the option of transferring to RV the A333s fleet either to use them to leisure destinations with greater capacity or to operate them for AC on some of the current routes?

The article I shared indicates that the deal allows for expansion of the RV narrowbody fleet. It seems that widebody expansion remains hard-capped.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ai ... th-pilots-


Thanks, too bad I couldn't read it before posting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos