GianiDC
Topic Author

German Aviation Thread - Part 2

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:20 pm

I wanted to post my question on the german aviation thread as it perhaps doesn´t need its own thread. After a quick search I noticed that Part 2 is archieved and Part 3 leads me directly to the forums menue. So I thought why not start a new thread concerning german aviation topics. I hope it is OK.

Anyway , now the question that lead to all of the above is this. Today I was in the vicinity of FRA and of course the sky was full of planes. While watching the approaches I noticed a 4 hauler coming closer and that catched my eye. As it came nearer I was quite surprised to see it was an A 340-600 as the whole fleet is based in MUC nowadays,
First I thought maintenance but that doesn´t makes sense because they sent all the 600 to MUC for efficency and thus will likely perform maintenace there too.
Than I thought LH already moved 5 A 380s to MUC as they intent to, but google says that this will happen next year.
I checked on FR24 and all A 340-600s have scheduled flights out of MUC. Sadly I didn´t have my phone with me to directly check with FR24.

So what did it do in FRA? The airplane was already on short final, the landing gear was down and I wasn´t that far away so I am really confident it was a 600 series.
Last edited by SQ22 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updaded

TheGeordielad

Re: German Aviation Thread - Part 4

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Even though it's not the answer this is a German aviation thread so I'll add
Air Berlin will end all long Haul ops by October 15th,very sad to see a airline crumbling like this.

SQ22

Re: German Aviation Thread - Part 2

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:28 am

I have merged parts 1, 2 and 3. Title has been changed accordingly.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=579099

Enjoy your discussion.

steman

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:38 am

TheGeordielad wrote:
Even though it's not the answer this is a German aviation thread so I'll add
Air Berlin will end all long Haul ops by October 15th,very sad to see a airline crumbling like this.

Yes it´s very sad, especially for Berlin. We´re losing our "flag carrier".
But at least it´s crumbling in a controlled way and not shutting down suddenly, putting all planes on the ground and stranding thousands of passengers
like it happened to many airlines in the past.

LTU932

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:58 pm

TheGeordielad wrote:
Their end of longhaul operations is, in a way, the final nail in the coffin for the old LTU. I've had nothing but great experiences on LTU.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

GianiDC
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:53 pm

GianiDC wrote:
I wanted to post my question on the german aviation thread as it perhaps doesn´t need its own thread. After a quick search I noticed that Part 2 is archieved and Part 3 leads me directly to the forums menue. So I thought why not start a new thread concerning german aviation topics. I hope it is OK.

Anyway , now the question that lead to all of the above is this. Today I was in the vicinity of FRA and of course the sky was full of planes. While watching the approaches I noticed a 4 hauler coming closer and that catched my eye. As it came nearer I was quite surprised to see it was an A 340-600 as the whole fleet is based in MUC nowadays,
First I thought maintenance but that doesn´t makes sense because they sent all the 600 to MUC for efficency and thus will likely perform maintenace there too.
Than I thought LH already moved 5 A 380s to MUC as they intent to, but google says that this will happen next year.
I checked on FR24 and all A 340-600s have scheduled flights out of MUC. Sadly I didn´t have my phone with me to directly check with FR24.

So what did it do in FRA? The airplane was already on short final, the landing gear was down and I wasn´t that far away so I am really confident it was a 600 series.

Turns out I didn´t check FR24 well enough as it was a diversion, coming from EWR to MUC.

Anyway, since a couple of days there is new airline in germany called Sundair. Seems like they are a charter carrier operting routes to popular holiday destinations. Mostly out of KSF.

https://sundair.com/booking/index.php

InsideMan

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am

LTU932 wrote:
TheGeordielad wrote:
Their end of longhaul operations is, in a way, the final nail in the coffin for the old LTU. I've had nothing but great experiences on LTU.

The acquisition of LTU was the nail in the coffin for Air Berlin.
Had they followed the path of Easyjet and Ryanair, they would be highly successful I believe.

Wanting to be Lufthansa is what doomed them....

GianiDC
Topic Author

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 pm

I saw a picture today of a B 767-300 in full EW colors taken in DUS, even a special livery. Registration is HB-JJF operated by Privatair I guess it is some sort of mid-term wet lease deal to cover some routes formerly operated by AB.

GianiDC
Topic Author

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm

I just saw an Adria A 319 flying for EW onroute EDI-MUC. I didn´t read anything about a wet-lease agreement before, does anybody has information about the deal?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos