n7371f
Topic Author
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:29 am

From a very high source in the North American airline industry: Mexico City-based Interjet is running into trouble. Real problems due to tremendous debt levels.

Case in point, very quietly, Interjet has been cannibalizing some of its Sukhoi Superjet fleet. The money crunch is forcing the airline to park several of the planes and pull parts off parked planes to keep others flying.

Here's a list of Sukhoi's that have not been in the air for at least two months:

XA-NSG, not flying since August
XA-JLV, not flying since 3rd week of August
XA-GCD, not flying since 1st week of August
XA-BVM, not flying since mid-July
XA-JLG, not flying since mid-May
XA-PBA, not flying since October 2015
 
flyguy84
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 am

Too much growth too quickly perhaps?
 
CM767
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:58 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 am

Hoy many A320s are parked ?
But The Best Thing God Has Created Is A New Day
 
CM767
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:58 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 am

https://static.interjet.com/assets/html ... Report.pdf

Sure is not a problem with the Sukhoi fleet ?
But The Best Thing God Has Created Is A New Day
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 am

Perhaps México isn’t but quite the market for a premium LCC?
-Andrés Juánez
 
rojo
Posts: 2284
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 6:08 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 am

Interjet should have gone public (IPO) back when AM and Y4 did it. After becoming a public company, they should have focused on signing extended strategic partnerships with airlines that have significant operation in key US, Canada and Latin Markets where they fly, enhanced their frequent flyer program, re-asses the density of its aircraft and adjust its ancillary strategy.

The agreements with AA, IB, and LA, are extremely limited and provide few benefits to Interjet. I'm sure the Aleman family will keep pumping money and will not allow the airline to go bankrupt, but their strategy of being a high end carrier charging fares similar to what ultra low cost carriers charge will fail at some point. They tried to copy jetblue's strategy for many years but failed to adapt it to the Mexican market while expanding so fast.

Can't believe they have not added seats to their fleet... flying A320's with 150 seats and A321's with 192 seats in an all economy configuration when Y4 operates the same aircraft but with 174 and 220 seats respectively is a disadvantage since they don't have a comprehensive corporate sales strategy that allows them to charge a premium. Their profit margin could be in the double digits during the booming times.
 
Q
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:26 am

Remember Interjet SJ100 crashed into terminal gate cockpit was small part of crushed. Do they repaired and back service? Do they?

Q
 
b747400erf
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 am

ahj2000 wrote:
Perhaps México isn’t but quite the market for a premium LCC?


The current American government and endless cartel violence I do not think is welcoming to tourist and small business growth.
 
expert7700
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:30 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 am

Interjet has a new fleet, great seat pitch, and extras such as free onboard snack or meal and free alcohol.

I think alot of their issue was from the few weeks that they had to ground their entire SSJ fleet. I went out of my way to fly a SSJ from LaPaz to Mexico City last year, great experience. If they have some planes grounded now for parts, perhaps they aren't getting warranty and parts supply fast enough from Russia?
 
LatinPlane
Posts: 2547
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 1999 11:05 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 am

A report by a Mexican financial newspaper recently leaked a report produced by HSBC Mexico of Interjet's worrying debt ratio. Interjet's EBITDA rate currently stood at 8.9x. It advised the airline to sell 7 of its planes on a sale-lease back agreement lowering its debt ratio to somewhere around 7.3x when industry average for other Latin American airlines such is AeroMexico stands at 5.1x, or Volaris at 5.2x, Avianca & Copa both also stand at 5.2x each respectively.

However the airline is still operating quite normally and is on the verge of receiving factory-fresh A321s directly from Airbus. The grounded Sukhoi's are not grounded due to any financial constraints, but rather due to poor technical assistance provided by The Sukhoi Company. As pointed above, it is having issues procuring spare parts to keep the fleet in optimal condition. The aircraft have presented many teething technical problems recently. As they start wearing and tearing they have not performed according to specifications from the manufacturer increasing the needs for spare parts. This has resulted in approximately 5 routes being cancelled due to parts shortage as well as low demand due to excess competition in the Mexican domestic skies. However, the airline refuses to admit in good-old Mexican denial fashion that there are problems with Russia's Sukhoi obtaining spare parts for the aircraft or with its debt ratio, pointing out that cancellations are due to unavailable slots at MEX or a tactic created in bad faith by the competition. This to save face among the general public.

If these were other times I would venture out to say that this would be a great opportunity for either Avianca or the LATAM to swoop in and purchase 49% of the carrier in order for either to truly become a Pan Latin American carrier, but those two are not in that position now. Avianca was until very recently in hot pursuit of AeroMar.
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.
 
User avatar
LockheedBBD
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Interjet is considering an MC-21 purchase: https://www.rt.com/business/407508-mc21 ... ia-mexico/
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2161
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm

LockheedBBD wrote:
Interjet is considering an MC-21 purchase: https://www.rt.com/business/407508-mc21 ... ia-mexico/


As if that is what they need right now, I also find it interesting they want to use the Russian engine..
 
jordanh
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm

LockheedBBD wrote:
Interjet is considering an MC-21 purchase: https://www.rt.com/business/407508-mc21 ... ia-mexico/

A face-saving move by the Russians? Could this be a "we'll-take-your-problematic-Sukhoi-planes-off-your-hands-if-you-will-take-the-MC-21" deal?
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:37 pm

jordanh wrote:
LockheedBBD wrote:
Interjet is considering an MC-21 purchase: https://www.rt.com/business/407508-mc21 ... ia-mexico/

A face-saving move by the Russians? Could this be a "we'll-take-your-problematic-Sukhoi-planes-off-your-hands-if-you-will-take-the-MC-21" deal?

More likely finance related and the ability of Russian banks or lessors to extend terms to them.
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2229
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 pm

b747400erf wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
Perhaps México isn’t but quite the market for a premium LCC?


The current American government and endless cartel violence I do not think is welcoming to tourist and small business growth.


What does the American government have to do with this?
 
santi319
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
Perhaps México isn’t but quite the market for a premium LCC?


The current American government and endless cartel violence I do not think is welcoming to tourist and small business growth.


What does the American government have to do with this?


I know some people are clueless... the world doesn't revolve around the US unfortunately, a quick google search will show that person their minimal US presence, and I am sure their passenger target is not the typical "Everybody wants to kill us" American..
 
JamesCousins
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:58 pm

expert7700 wrote:
Interjet has a new fleet, great seat pitch, and extras such as free onboard snack or meal and free alcohol.

I think alot of their issue was from the few weeks that they had to ground their entire SSJ fleet. I went out of my way to fly a SSJ from LaPaz to Mexico City last year, great experience. If they have some planes grounded now for parts, perhaps they aren't getting warranty and parts supply fast enough from Russia?


You weren't kidding about the seat pitch ..34 inches wow That's one hell of a pitch for any airline, let alone a budget one! (I paid £40 for 34" on a VS flight to JFK - well worth it I might add)
A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9
 
WorldFlier
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 pm

JamesCousins wrote:
expert7700 wrote:
Interjet has a new fleet, great seat pitch, and extras such as free onboard snack or meal and free alcohol.

I think alot of their issue was from the few weeks that they had to ground their entire SSJ fleet. I went out of my way to fly a SSJ from LaPaz to Mexico City last year, great experience. If they have some planes grounded now for parts, perhaps they aren't getting warranty and parts supply fast enough from Russia?


You weren't kidding about the seat pitch ..34 inches wow That's one hell of a pitch for any airline, let alone a budget one! (I paid £40 for 34" on a VS flight to JFK - well worth it I might add)


Maybe the SSJ is a CASM monster? ;)

:stirthepot: :box: :fight: :duck:
 
MaksFly
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:20 pm

Or simply put the planes need maintenance and or parts and interjet does not have the money for it. They can ground planes that need it and milk the avail planes until they can. Ie Air India
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:04 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
A report by a Mexican financial newspaper recently leaked a report produced by HSBC Mexico of Interjet's worrying debt ratio. Interjet's EBITDA rate currently stood at 8.9x. It advised the airline to sell 7 of its planes on a sale-lease back agreement lowering its debt ratio to somewhere around 7.3x when industry average for other Latin American airlines such is AeroMexico stands at 5.1x, or Volaris at 5.2x, Avianca & Copa both also stand at 5.2x each respectively.

However the airline is still operating quite normally and is on the verge of receiving factory-fresh A321s directly from Airbus. The grounded Sukhoi's are not grounded due to any financial constraints, but rather due to poor technical assistance provided by The Sukhoi Company. As pointed above, it is having issues procuring spare parts to keep the fleet in optimal condition. The aircraft have presented many teething technical problems recently. As they start wearing and tearing they have not performed according to specifications from the manufacturer increasing the needs for spare parts. This has resulted in approximately 5 routes being cancelled due to parts shortage as well as low demand due to excess competition in the Mexican domestic skies. However, the airline refuses to admit in good-old Mexican denial fashion that there are problems with Russia's Sukhoi obtaining spare parts for the aircraft or with its debt ratio, pointing out that cancellations are due to unavailable slots at MEX or a tactic created in bad faith by the competition. This to save face among the general public.

If these were other times I would venture out to say that this would be a great opportunity for either Avianca or the LATAM to swoop in and purchase 49% of the carrier in order for either to truly become a Pan Latin American carrier, but those two are not in that position now. Avianca was until very recently in hot pursuit of AeroMar.

This looks to be a SSJ problem. If we see Western planes parked, then it is financial.

I wish the SSJ100 well, but it just has too many issues. I gave then a fair chance, but too many are parked, not just by internet. Look at the abandoned fleet in Russia.

Lightsaber

Some late links:
Airfleets shows 13 parked:
http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-ssj.htm

Sukhoi claims almost 98% reliability. Umm... Anything less than 99% means planes are parked for repairs and one aircraft must be kept as a hot spare:
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... oi-440374/

The evidence I'm finding is a Superjet issue.
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:36 am

lightsaber wrote:
LatinPlane wrote:
A report by a Mexican financial newspaper recently leaked a report produced by HSBC Mexico of Interjet's worrying debt ratio. Interjet's EBITDA rate currently stood at 8.9x. It advised the airline to sell 7 of its planes on a sale-lease back agreement lowering its debt ratio to somewhere around 7.3x when industry average for other Latin American airlines such is AeroMexico stands at 5.1x, or Volaris at 5.2x, Avianca & Copa both also stand at 5.2x each respectively.

However the airline is still operating quite normally and is on the verge of receiving factory-fresh A321s directly from Airbus. The grounded Sukhoi's are not grounded due to any financial constraints, but rather due to poor technical assistance provided by The Sukhoi Company. As pointed above, it is having issues procuring spare parts to keep the fleet in optimal condition. The aircraft have presented many teething technical problems recently. As they start wearing and tearing they have not performed according to specifications from the manufacturer increasing the needs for spare parts. This has resulted in approximately 5 routes being cancelled due to parts shortage as well as low demand due to excess competition in the Mexican domestic skies. However, the airline refuses to admit in good-old Mexican denial fashion that there are problems with Russia's Sukhoi obtaining spare parts for the aircraft or with its debt ratio, pointing out that cancellations are due to unavailable slots at MEX or a tactic created in bad faith by the competition. This to save face among the general public.

If these were other times I would venture out to say that this would be a great opportunity for either Avianca or the LATAM to swoop in and purchase 49% of the carrier in order for either to truly become a Pan Latin American carrier, but those two are not in that position now. Avianca was until very recently in hot pursuit of AeroMar.

This looks to be a SSJ problem. If we see Western planes parked, then it is financial.

I wish the SSJ100 well, but it just has too many issues. I gave then a fair chance, but too many are parked, not just by internet. Look at the abandoned fleet in Russia.

Lightsaber

Some late links:
Airfleets shows 13 parked:
http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-ssj.htm

Sukhoi claims almost 98% reliability. Umm... Anything less than 99% means planes are parked for repairs and one aircraft must be kept as a hot spare:
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... oi-440374/

The evidence I'm finding is a Superjet issue.


I would agree. I suspect Interjet, being the only operator outside of Europe/the former USSR, is having difficulty getting parts and support for the SSJ. Russian manufacturers are not known for their great product support - that, coupled with the distance and US sanctions, is probably not a great situation for Interjet to be in...
 
EarlyLateORD
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 am

I recently had quite a lovely roundtrip flight on Interjet from DFF to MEX. The crew were welcoming and friendly. The seat pitch was incredibly generous, free chips and beer. My only gripe, and its not really a gripe, was that i booked the trip on the Superjet and it got swapped to a perfectly fine A320.

I found it interesting that Interjet hasn't been able to capitalize on their better service and features. Their fares were the same as Volaris on about the same schedule.

Just a small sales pitch, but this was my first trip to Mexico City. Ive been all over Latin America, but just somehow missed going there. Had a great time, excellent food and cultural experiences. If you haven't been, id strongly recommend a trip to MEX.

Adam
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3808
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 am

lightsaber wrote:
LatinPlane wrote:
A report by a Mexican financial newspaper recently leaked a report produced by HSBC Mexico of Interjet's worrying debt ratio. Interjet's EBITDA rate currently stood at 8.9x. It advised the airline to sell 7 of its planes on a sale-lease back agreement lowering its debt ratio to somewhere around 7.3x when industry average for other Latin American airlines such is AeroMexico stands at 5.1x, or Volaris at 5.2x, Avianca & Copa both also stand at 5.2x each respectively.

However the airline is still operating quite normally and is on the verge of receiving factory-fresh A321s directly from Airbus. The grounded Sukhoi's are not grounded due to any financial constraints, but rather due to poor technical assistance provided by The Sukhoi Company. As pointed above, it is having issues procuring spare parts to keep the fleet in optimal condition. The aircraft have presented many teething technical problems recently. As they start wearing and tearing they have not performed according to specifications from the manufacturer increasing the needs for spare parts. This has resulted in approximately 5 routes being cancelled due to parts shortage as well as low demand due to excess competition in the Mexican domestic skies. However, the airline refuses to admit in good-old Mexican denial fashion that there are problems with Russia's Sukhoi obtaining spare parts for the aircraft or with its debt ratio, pointing out that cancellations are due to unavailable slots at MEX or a tactic created in bad faith by the competition. This to save face among the general public.

If these were other times I would venture out to say that this would be a great opportunity for either Avianca or the LATAM to swoop in and purchase 49% of the carrier in order for either to truly become a Pan Latin American carrier, but those two are not in that position now. Avianca was until very recently in hot pursuit of AeroMar.

This looks to be a SSJ problem. If we see Western planes parked, then it is financial.

I wish the SSJ100 well, but it just has too many issues. I gave then a fair chance, but too many are parked, not just by internet. Look at the abandoned fleet in Russia.

Lightsaber

Some late links:
Airfleets shows 13 parked:
http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-ssj.htm

Sukhoi claims almost 98% reliability. Umm... Anything less than 99% means planes are parked for repairs and one aircraft must be kept as a hot spare:
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... oi-440374/

The evidence I'm finding is a Superjet issue.

These allegations re the SSJ fleet were made many months back and our resident former Soviet cheerleader roundly denied any parking or issues with the fleet. Months on and more data arises, and he is conspicuously absent.

I'd like to see more former eastern bloc planes in service, but so far the prediction of Sukhoi not being able to support the fleet look like they are coming through.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:10 am

Spacepope wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
LatinPlane wrote:
A report by a Mexican financial newspaper recently leaked a report produced by HSBC Mexico of Interjet's worrying debt ratio. Interjet's EBITDA rate currently stood at 8.9x. It advised the airline to sell 7 of its planes on a sale-lease back agreement lowering its debt ratio to somewhere around 7.3x when industry average for other Latin American airlines such is AeroMexico stands at 5.1x, or Volaris at 5.2x, Avianca & Copa both also stand at 5.2x each respectively.

However the airline is still operating quite normally and is on the verge of receiving factory-fresh A321s directly from Airbus. The grounded Sukhoi's are not grounded due to any financial constraints, but rather due to poor technical assistance provided by The Sukhoi Company. As pointed above, it is having issues procuring spare parts to keep the fleet in optimal condition. The aircraft have presented many teething technical problems recently. As they start wearing and tearing they have not performed according to specifications from the manufacturer increasing the needs for spare parts. This has resulted in approximately 5 routes being cancelled due to parts shortage as well as low demand due to excess competition in the Mexican domestic skies. However, the airline refuses to admit in good-old Mexican denial fashion that there are problems with Russia's Sukhoi obtaining spare parts for the aircraft or with its debt ratio, pointing out that cancellations are due to unavailable slots at MEX or a tactic created in bad faith by the competition. This to save face among the general public.

If these were other times I would venture out to say that this would be a great opportunity for either Avianca or the LATAM to swoop in and purchase 49% of the carrier in order for either to truly become a Pan Latin American carrier, but those two are not in that position now. Avianca was until very recently in hot pursuit of AeroMar.

This looks to be a SSJ problem. If we see Western planes parked, then it is financial.

I wish the SSJ100 well, but it just has too many issues. I gave then a fair chance, but too many are parked, not just by internet. Look at the abandoned fleet in Russia.

Lightsaber

Some late links:
Airfleets shows 13 parked:
http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-ssj.htm

Sukhoi claims almost 98% reliability. Umm... Anything less than 99% means planes are parked for repairs and one aircraft must be kept as a hot spare:
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... oi-440374/

The evidence I'm finding is a Superjet issue.

These allegations re the SSJ fleet were made many months back and our resident former Soviet cheerleader roundly denied any parking or issues with the fleet. Months on and more data arises, and he is conspicuously absent.

I'd like to see more former eastern bloc planes in service, but so far the prediction of Sukhoi not being able to support the fleet look like they are coming through.

I ignored the evidence of a few months ago as I, mistakenly, thought it was an after effect of the grounding. But there have been enough months of SSJs grounded to be an issue.

Bragging about almost 98% is a really bad sign. That means planes aren't being scheduled due to lack of parts. Get it above 99.2% on the SSJ and then we know the fleet is being fully utilized. Then I would suspect financial issues.

Now, I'm not saying Interjet shouldn't do sale/lease back to prop up the cash flow, but if that is an option, then there are convertible assets...

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 am

Can someone explain WHY Interjet is having problems getting parts on their Sukhois?

I assume that Sukhoi wants the money that spare parts sales would provide, and understand how much a spare parts supply problem must cut into future sales.

So does anyone know what the particular problem is?
 
b747400erf
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:50 am

INFINITI329 wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
Perhaps México isn’t but quite the market for a premium LCC?


The current American government and endless cartel violence I do not think is welcoming to tourist and small business growth.


What does the American government have to do with this?


Are you really asking me to spell out for your a reason why the current American government might not be helping LCC growth to and from Mexico?
 
FlyHappy
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:22 am

b747400erf wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
b747400erf wrote:

The current American government and endless cartel violence I do not think is welcoming to tourist and small business growth.


What does the American government have to do with this?


Are you really asking me to spell out for your a reason why the current American government might not be helping LCC growth to and from Mexico?


Yeah, I'm sorry, but I also don't quite understand your point about the US government and its specific impact on Interjet. Can you flesh this out a bit?
I'm no fan of the current He-who-shall-not-be-named , and perfectly understand the dim view he openly expresses for the southern neighbors, and thus the natural reaction from Mexican nationals

I don't think US tourist travel to Mexico has dropped at all - that's not what you mean, right?

Or, are you specifically saying that Mexican tourists to the US have dropped (yes, I'm pretty sure it has somewhat) enough that it would dramatically affect Interjet? Enough to play a hand in upkeep of the SSJ fleet? When I look at their route map, I count about 50 cities, only 7 being in the US. Of note is that the website pronounced LA as "new". So I ask - if earnings to the US is damaged by political winds, why start a new route to LA? Also, are these few US destinations really that crucial to Interjets bottom line (they look to be a pretty domestic operation) ? If so, wouldn't this also have the same impact on other Mexican carriers?

And what do you mean by "small business growth" ?

I am genuinely curious. Take me to school, if you must. I'd like to understand.
 
abrelosojos
Posts: 4230
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:48 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:29 am

Does CityJet in Belgium have the same challenges with the SSJ?

Saludos,
Alex
Live, and let live.
 
b747400erf
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:38 am

FlyHappy wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

What does the American government have to do with this?


Are you really asking me to spell out for your a reason why the current American government might not be helping LCC growth to and from Mexico?


Yeah, I'm sorry, but I also don't quite understand your point about the US government and its specific impact on Interjet. Can you flesh this out a bit?
I'm no fan of the current He-who-shall-not-be-named , and perfectly understand the dim view he openly expresses for the southern neighbors, and thus the natural reaction from Mexican nationals

I don't think US tourist travel to Mexico has dropped at all - that's not what you mean, right?

Or, are you specifically saying that Mexican tourists to the US have dropped (yes, I'm pretty sure it has somewhat) enough that it would dramatically affect Interjet? Enough to play a hand in upkeep of the SSJ fleet? When I look at their route map, I count about 50 cities, only 7 being in the US. Of note is that the website pronounced LA as "new". So I ask - if earnings to the US is damaged by political winds, why start a new route to LA? Also, are these few US destinations really that crucial to Interjets bottom line (they look to be a pretty domestic operation) ? If so, wouldn't this also have the same impact on other Mexican carriers?

And what do you mean by "small business growth" ?

I am genuinely curious. Take me to school, if you must. I'd like to understand.


https://qz.com/1059552/fewer-mexican-tr ... -election/

By March, the latest data available from the US government, tourism from Mexico had plummeted by 16% compared with the same month last year.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trad ... SKBN1CL2CC

Mexico’s Finance Minister Jose Antonio Meade said on Monday that the peso’s recent depreciation reflects uncertainty about the NAFTA renegotiation process and questions about how quickly the U.S. Federal Reserve will normalize rates.

Need more?
 
FlyHappy
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 am

b747400erf wrote:

https://qz.com/1059552/fewer-mexican-tr ... -election/

By March, the latest data available from the US government, tourism from Mexico had plummeted by 16% compared with the same month last year.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trad ... SKBN1CL2CC

Mexico’s Finance Minister Jose Antonio Meade said on Monday that the peso’s recent depreciation reflects uncertainty about the NAFTA renegotiation process and questions about how quickly the U.S. Federal Reserve will normalize rates.

Need more?


well yeah, a little - as I stated, I am aware of the drop in Mexican tourism to the US (lets be honest, it was quite predictable after the US election), I am actually surprised it is only 16% .

But you did not answer my broader questions - do you think this really has such a large impact on Interjet given they don't appear to be a US - focused carrier, and I would posit it is even possible that the drop in US bound tourists means that pax might otherwise fly to an alternate destination, still on Interjet, so I'm not sure there's a perfect correlation between a 16% drop to the US and their bottom line. What about the other carriers? And what did you mean by small business?

not trying to rub you the wrong way, just asking.
 
b747400erf
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 am

FlyHappy wrote:
I don't think US tourist travel to Mexico has dropped at all - that's not what you mean, right?


FlyHappy wrote:
well yeah, a little - as I stated, I am aware of the drop in Mexican tourism to the US (lets be honest, it was quite predictable after the US election), I am actually surprised it is only 16% .



"just asking questions"
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:45 am

kitplane01 wrote:
Can someone explain WHY Interjet is having problems getting parts on their Sukhois?

I assume that Sukhoi wants the money that spare parts sales would provide, and understand how much a spare parts supply problem must cut into future sales.

So does anyone know what the particular problem is?


Apparently the issue is big enough that Interjet wants a join venture with Sukhoi to produce spare parts for the SSJ100:

Interjet Wants Joint Venture With Russia to Produce SSJ100 Spare Parts
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3808
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:44 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Bragging about almost 98% is a really bad sign. That means planes aren't being scheduled due to lack of parts. Get it above 99.2% on the SSJ and then we know the fleet is being fully utilized. Then I would suspect financial issues.

Now, I'm not saying Interjet shouldn't do sale/lease back to prop up the cash flow, but if that is an option, then there are convertible assets...

Lightsaber


The issues from several months ago were quickly swept under the rug (and just to be clear, you were not the former Soviet Superfan I was alluding to). The Russians simply just don't have the means yet to supply the needed parts for their small number of airframes halfway across the globe. I don't see this improving soon. Look at Cubana and their basic grounding of the entire IL96 fleet as they were all in some sort of repair/overhaul process till just recently, all the while there should be ample parts in Russia (some produced way back in the 90s).
The last of the famous international playboys
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2229
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm

b747400erf wrote:
Are you really asking me to spell out for your a reason why the current American government might not be helping LCC growth to and from Mexico?


O stop it....the United States is not responsible for Interjet's current troubles. Out of Interjet's 55 destinations, 10 of them are in the United States that's a measly 5.5%. You nor Interjet can blame the current administration for the turmoil. Their house just isn't in order
 
TerminalD
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 pm

b747400erf wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:
b747400erf wrote:

Are you really asking me to spell out for your a reason why the current American government might not be helping LCC growth to and from Mexico?


Yeah, I'm sorry, but I also don't quite understand your point about the US government and its specific impact on Interjet. Can you flesh this out a bit?
I'm no fan of the current He-who-shall-not-be-named , and perfectly understand the dim view he openly expresses for the southern neighbors, and thus the natural reaction from Mexican nationals

I don't think US tourist travel to Mexico has dropped at all - that's not what you mean, right?

Or, are you specifically saying that Mexican tourists to the US have dropped (yes, I'm pretty sure it has somewhat) enough that it would dramatically affect Interjet? Enough to play a hand in upkeep of the SSJ fleet? When I look at their route map, I count about 50 cities, only 7 being in the US. Of note is that the website pronounced LA as "new". So I ask - if earnings to the US is damaged by political winds, why start a new route to LA? Also, are these few US destinations really that crucial to Interjets bottom line (they look to be a pretty domestic operation) ? If so, wouldn't this also have the same impact on other Mexican carriers?

And what do you mean by "small business growth" ?

I am genuinely curious. Take me to school, if you must. I'd like to understand.


https://qz.com/1059552/fewer-mexican-tr ... -election/

By March, the latest data available from the US government, tourism from Mexico had plummeted by 16% compared with the same month last year.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trad ... SKBN1CL2CC

Mexico’s Finance Minister Jose Antonio Meade said on Monday that the peso’s recent depreciation reflects uncertainty about the NAFTA renegotiation process and questions about how quickly the U.S. Federal Reserve will normalize rates.

Need more?

I don't know tourism, but according to MIDT, O&D traffic to Mexico from the USA is up 10.3% YTD through Summer and averaged +10% in the Jun-Aug Summer period as well.

Also, April T100 (the most recent month for intl), shows total passenger volume USA-Mexico jumped from 1.09m each way in April 2016 to 1.29m each way in April 2017.

So, I don't know the sources of this "travel to Mexico has cratered due to the President", but it is baseless. The data shows strongly the opposite. It's *possible* tourism is down, but then business and VFR are shooting up like a rocketship to offset it...so bottom line, it's all B.S. The market is up strongly.
 
b747400erf
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:59 pm

TerminalD wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I also don't quite understand your point about the US government and its specific impact on Interjet. Can you flesh this out a bit?
I'm no fan of the current He-who-shall-not-be-named , and perfectly understand the dim view he openly expresses for the southern neighbors, and thus the natural reaction from Mexican nationals

I don't think US tourist travel to Mexico has dropped at all - that's not what you mean, right?

Or, are you specifically saying that Mexican tourists to the US have dropped (yes, I'm pretty sure it has somewhat) enough that it would dramatically affect Interjet? Enough to play a hand in upkeep of the SSJ fleet? When I look at their route map, I count about 50 cities, only 7 being in the US. Of note is that the website pronounced LA as "new". So I ask - if earnings to the US is damaged by political winds, why start a new route to LA? Also, are these few US destinations really that crucial to Interjets bottom line (they look to be a pretty domestic operation) ? If so, wouldn't this also have the same impact on other Mexican carriers?

And what do you mean by "small business growth" ?

I am genuinely curious. Take me to school, if you must. I'd like to understand.


https://qz.com/1059552/fewer-mexican-tr ... -election/

By March, the latest data available from the US government, tourism from Mexico had plummeted by 16% compared with the same month last year.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trad ... SKBN1CL2CC

Mexico’s Finance Minister Jose Antonio Meade said on Monday that the peso’s recent depreciation reflects uncertainty about the NAFTA renegotiation process and questions about how quickly the U.S. Federal Reserve will normalize rates.

Need more?

I don't know tourism, but according to MIDT, O&D traffic to Mexico from the USA is up 10.3% YTD through Summer and averaged +10% in the Jun-Aug Summer period as well.

Also, April T100 (the most recent month for intl), shows total passenger volume USA-Mexico jumped from 1.09m each way in April 2016 to 1.29m each way in April 2017.

So, I don't know the sources of this "travel to Mexico has cratered due to the President", but it is baseless. The data shows strongly the opposite. It's *possible* tourism is down, but then business and VFR are shooting up like a rocketship to offset it...so bottom line, it's all B.S. The market is up strongly.


where is your citation?

the numbers you cite, without a citation, are most likely due to the change in the bilateral agreement starting in August.

I stated that tourism numbers are decreasing. I also stated the attempts to remove America from NAFTA. These are big barriers to a small airline trying to fill their seats in new routes on new airplanes. The business climate is unstable. Mexico's currency is suffering and could get worse if the American Federal Reserve raises interest rates. Every single one of these are the result of the current American administration.
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4045
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Looks more like a problem with the Sukhoi. As for it being a concern? I don't think so. Seems like they are flying along, doing what they do best. I personally hope they are able to sort out the problems with the fleet.

Does anyone know if Interjet checked out the Bombardier C Series? That seems like a perfect plane for them.
I Am A Different Animal!!
 
yyztpa
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:10 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:01 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
O stop it....the United States is not responsible for Interjet's current troubles. Out of Interjet's 55 destinations, 10 of them are in the United States that's a measly 5.5%. You nor Interjet can blame the current administration for the turmoil. Their house just isn't in order


Math?
 
BlatantEcho
Posts: 1962
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:11 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:50 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
A report by a Mexican financial newspaper recently leaked a report produced by HSBC Mexico of Interjet's worrying debt ratio. Interjet's EBITDA rate currently stood at 8.9x. It advised the airline to sell 7 of its planes on a sale-lease back agreement lowering its debt ratio to somewhere around 7.3x when industry average for other Latin American airlines such is AeroMexico stands at 5.1x, or Volaris at 5.2x, Avianca & Copa both also stand at 5.2x each respectively.


You are using terms you don’t understand (without any source too...).

EBITDA has nothing to do with what you said here.
Try again
 
airzona11
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 am

The peso was in the pits and tanking prior to the election. Interjet has minimal exposure to the US - Mexico market. Maybe their problem is not enough.

People like to blame the election on lots of things, correlation to the election result and Interjet failing is not causation. Is Interjet even making such claims? Or just the usual Anet suspects?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 14911
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:11 am

Spacepope wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Bragging about almost 98% is a really bad sign. That means planes aren't being scheduled due to lack of parts. Get it above 99.2% on the SSJ and then we know the fleet is being fully utilized. Then I would suspect financial issues.

Now, I'm not saying Interjet shouldn't do sale/lease back to prop up the cash flow, but if that is an option, then there are convertible assets...

Lightsaber


The issues from several months ago were quickly swept under the rug (and just to be clear, you were not the former Soviet Superfan I was alluding to). The Russians simply just don't have the means yet to supply the needed parts for their small number of airframes halfway across the globe. I don't see this improving soon. Look at Cubana and their basic grounding of the entire IL96 fleet as they were all in some sort of repair/overhaul process till just recently, all the while there should be ample parts in Russia (some produced way back in the 90s).

I didn't think you were... I just stuck out of SSJ discussions for a bit as the information I could find showed SSJs not flying,but I couldn't tell if it was due to waiting on parts or something else.

Bummer. Nice concept, but planes only make money flying...

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 am

Some in here should dedicate themselves to write fictional crime novels. The SSJs currently not flying in Interjet are having issues with getting their SAM146's overhauled and/or substituted, nothing to do with Sukhoi Civil Aircraft but rather an issue for Powerjet to resolve(Safran+NPO Saturn), I've even heard it is the hot assembly part from France that is constantly delayed, to the point that Saturn is seeking permission to manufacture the hot section in Rybinsk as well. Not only IAJ is being affected by this, also other frames such as RA-89002(currently part of Iraero's fleet IIRC)

From some time ago IAJ has stated their dispatch reliability has been on par with their Airbus fleet, if the airframe was not up to par I don't think they would have confirmed the acquisition of another 10 airframes just today, and by the way they are going public in 2018:

http://www.20minutos.com.mx/noticia/288 ... xts=513356

At some point even some of Aeroflot's engineers went to Mexico to learn from IAJ's maintenance techniques on the Sukhois, Aeroflot keeps registering and deregistering some of their SSJs, no idea why they do this but they don't seem to do it for any MX reasons but rather by some administrative strategy.

BR.
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:27 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Some in here should dedicate themselves to write fictional crime novels. The SSJs currently not flying in Interjet are having issues with getting their SAM146's overhauled and/or substituted, nothing to do with Sukhoi Civil Aircraft but rather an issue for Powerjet to resolve(Safran+NPO Saturn), I've even heard it is the hot assembly part from France that is constantly delayed, to the point that Saturn is seeking permission to manufacture the hot section in Rybinsk as well. Not only IAJ is being affected by this, also other frames such as RA-89002(currently part of Iraero's fleet IIRC)

From some time ago IAJ has stated their dispatch reliability has been on par with their Airbus fleet, if the airframe was not up to par I don't think they would have confirmed the acquisition of another 10 airframes just today, and by the way they are going public in 2018:

http://www.20minutos.com.mx/noticia/288 ... xts=513356

At some point even some of Aeroflot's engineers went to Mexico to learn from IAJ's maintenance techniques on the Sukhois, Aeroflot keeps registering and deregistering some of their SSJs, no idea why they do this but they don't seem to do it for any MX reasons but rather by some administrative strategy.

BR.


OK. So why does Powerjet have parts problems? I assume they would enjoy having the money that selling parts brings, and that they understand no one will buy the engines from a poor parts supplier.

If it is a France based parts problem, that's also confusing. France has a fine reputation for making aerospace components, and Safran is able to supply parts for the other engines they build.

So .. what's up?
 
santi319
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:22 am

Seriously with some people here, Interjet literally added a bunch of capacity to the US just a few days ago...

PVR, SJD, BJX to LAX...

Poor research in some
Posts above and fictionally calling Mexico a war zone.

We get it you hate Mexico just get some tacos and tequila and get over it.
 
b747400erf
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:57 am

santi319 wrote:
Seriously with some people here, Interjet literally added a bunch of capacity to the US just a few days ago...

PVR, SJD, BJX to LAX...

Poor research in some
Posts above and fictionally calling Mexico a war zone.

We get it you hate Mexico just get some tacos and tequila and get over it.


is it senior year of primary school they teach you to form actual arguments?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15820
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 am

INFINITI329 wrote:
Out of Interjet's 55 destinations, 10 of them are in the United States that's a measly 5.5%.


I'm guessing you didn't major in maths? 10 out of 55 is much closer to 20% than the less than 6% you claim.

Must try harder. :wink2:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:22 pm

kitplane01 wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
Some in here should dedicate themselves to write fictional crime novels. The SSJs currently not flying in Interjet are having issues with getting their SAM146's overhauled and/or substituted, nothing to do with Sukhoi Civil Aircraft but rather an issue for Powerjet to resolve(Safran+NPO Saturn), I've even heard it is the hot assembly part from France that is constantly delayed, to the point that Saturn is seeking permission to manufacture the hot section in Rybinsk as well. Not only IAJ is being affected by this, also other frames such as RA-89002(currently part of Iraero's fleet IIRC)

From some time ago IAJ has stated their dispatch reliability has been on par with their Airbus fleet, if the airframe was not up to par I don't think they would have confirmed the acquisition of another 10 airframes just today, and by the way they are going public in 2018:

http://www.20minutos.com.mx/noticia/288 ... xts=513356

At some point even some of Aeroflot's engineers went to Mexico to learn from IAJ's maintenance techniques on the Sukhois, Aeroflot keeps registering and deregistering some of their SSJs, no idea why they do this but they don't seem to do it for any MX reasons but rather by some administrative strategy.

BR.


OK. So why does Powerjet have parts problems? I assume they would enjoy having the money that selling parts brings, and that they understand no one will buy the engines from a poor parts supplier.

If it is a France based parts problem, that's also confusing. France has a fine reputation for making aerospace components, and Safran is able to supply parts for the other engines they build.

So .. what's up?


As I mentioned in my original post, the problem is about ramping up production of the hot section, it seems their limit is around 72 engines per year right now, and there is some unwillingness from Safran's side to invest in expanding its production rates. The point being here, this has nothing to do with Sukhoi or the aircraft itself, engines are negotiated directly between the airline and the engine supplier.

http://www.rusaviainsider.com/sam146-po ... -set-grow/
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2229
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:00 pm

scbriml wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
Out of Interjet's 55 destinations, 10 of them are in the United States that's a measly 5.5%.


I'm guessing you didn't major in maths? 10 out of 55 is much closer to 20% than the less than 6% you claim.

Must try harder. :wink2:


Looking back not sure what in the world I was calculating.I put the numbers in the wrong order. I definitely screwed that calculation up. It's 18%.
 
User avatar
sergegva
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:09 pm

lightsaber wrote:
I wish the SSJ100 well, but it just has too many issues. I gave then a fair chance, but too many are parked, not just by internet. Look at the abandoned fleet in Russia.

Some late links:
Airfleets shows 13 parked:
http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-ssj.htm


I don't think this number is a good indicator.
5 of them (MSN 12, 13, 14, 15, 17) are early production birds. Aeroflot shortly used them, then they were exchanged for newer aircraft. It's SSJ100's terrible teens.
5 of them belongs to bankrupted companies. They are also relatively old (between MSN 7 - 31)
1 was a test plane (MSN 4)

These 11 aircraft more or less never flew. In any case, there is nothing new with them.
The remaining two are Interjet's XA-PBA (substantially damaged in 2015 when it hit a passenger jetway while being towed), and IrAero's RA-89034 who seems to be in service (flightradar24).

According to Planespotters/Airfleet, except Interjet's accidented aircraft, since MSN 32 100% of them are currently in service (newest = MSN 135).
I'm not saying that there isn't any problems with the SSJ-100. But the fact that Sukhoi was not able to deliver more than 18 new aircreft in 2017 (well... it's not as worse as Cseries :shhh:), and that nobody in the west ordered a SSJ100 since Citijet's test, is maybe a better indicator of eventual problems.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3808
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Mexico's Interjet $$$ problems & Sukhoi fleet

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm

sergegva wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
I wish the SSJ100 well, but it just has too many issues. I gave then a fair chance, but too many are parked, not just by internet. Look at the abandoned fleet in Russia.

Some late links:
Airfleets shows 13 parked:
http://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-ssj.htm


I don't think this number is a good indicator.
5 of them (MSN 12, 13, 14, 15, 17) are early production birds. Aeroflot shortly used them, then they were exchanged for newer aircraft. It's SSJ100's terrible teens.
5 of them belongs to bankrupted companies. They are also relatively old (between MSN 7 - 31)
1 was a test plane (MSN 4)

These 11 aircraft more or less never flew. In any case, there is nothing new with them.
The remaining two are Interjet's XA-PBA (substantially damaged in 2015 when it hit a passenger jetway while being towed), and IrAero's RA-89034 who seems to be in service (flightradar24).

According to Planespotters/Airfleet, except Interjet's accidented aircraft, since MSN 32 100% of them are currently in service (newest = MSN 135).
I'm not saying that there isn't any problems with the SSJ-100. But the fact that Sukhoi was not able to deliver more than 18 new aircreft in 2017 (well... it's not as worse as Cseries :shhh:), and that nobody in the west ordered a SSJ100 since Citijet's test, is maybe a better indicator of eventual problems.

One thing sticks out here: 18 aircraft delivered last year, alleged powerplant issues, and 36 shipsets of engines produced per year (but still the engine production capacity being pointed out as the problem by our cheerleader member)... something doesn't add up.
The last of the famous international playboys

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos