Revelation
Topic Author

Progress On JFK TWA Terminal 5 Hotel Project (PICS)

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi,

I did a lot of googling for our last JFK TWA T5 hotel thread and could not find it, so here's a new thread.

Some interesting articles from Business Insider's Benjamin Zhang, I wonder if he's an a.net member?

In reading http://www.businessinsider.com/jetblue- ... ry-hotel-2 which is basically a trip report on JetBlue JFK-SEA, I found an up-to-date picture of the JFK TWA T5 hotel site:

It linked to another article from yesterday ( http://www.businessinsider.com/twa-term ... os-2017-10 ) which had another picture of the site:

And a few renders of what it is supposed to end up looking like, that seem to be better than the earlier ones we had, IIRC:

And:

So it seems the hotel is going to follow the curvature of the road beween the TWA and B6 terminals, and the tunnels will be kept in-tact and (as reported earlier) the gap between the tunnels is planned to host a Lockheed Constellation restaurant / bar. All due to open in 2019. I for one am planning to spend some time there once it opens. Hope it has some good spotting angles from up top!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own

cschleic

Re: Progress On JFK TWA Terminal 5 Hotel Project (PICS)

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it'll have good views when completed. According to a Bloomberg article, it'll have a rooftop pool and the TWA building will be the hotel lobby itself. Should be fun.

JetBlueCLT

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Yeah, I really hope you can get some good views of T5 and all the jetBlue planes!
Next flights: (2) GFK-MSP-CLT-MSP-GFK

VirginFlyer

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:15 am

Revelation wrote:
I did a lot of googling for our last JFK TWA T5 hotel thread and could not find it, so here's a new thread.

Here you go, these two came up in the similar threads:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1350185

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1375149

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

spacecadet

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:53 am

Gonna be a real coup for JetBlue once that's up... I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will choose to fly JetBlue just because they can get up in the morning and walk to the terminal. The convenience of having a hotel that's actually connected to the terminal really can't be overstated, and this is the only one at JFK.

Are the tubes actually going to be used? From what I remember, right now they terminate on the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road by T5. (I could be misremembering.)
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

Revelation
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
Revelation wrote:

Here you go, these two came up in the similar threads:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1350185

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1375149

V/F

Thanks! I have no idea why Google didn't pull them up for me.

spacecadet wrote:
Gonna be a real coup for JetBlue once that's up... I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will choose to fly JetBlue just because they can get up in the morning and walk to the terminal. The convenience of having a hotel that's actually connected to the terminal really can't be overstated, and this is the only one at JFK.

Are the tubes actually going to be used? From what I remember, right now they terminate on the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road by T5. (I could be misremembering.)

Yes. From our earlier thread, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1375149#p19855607 says:

The terminal’s red-carpeted tubes will be returned to their former glory and will connect the old TWA terminal, the new hotel and JetBlue’s T5.

I agree with what you are saying. The hotel will be a big benefit to B6 and its partners at T5.

varsity

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:45 am

spacecadet wrote:

The tubes connect the two facilities already and were accessible for Open House New York. There are vestibules on either curbside corner of the baggage hall in the new T5 (signed Flight Bridge One & Two) which lead to a flight of stairs (can't recall if there are lifts too) that takes you to the former airside of the tubes.

Link goes to a shot of the new building side of the tube from OHNY 2011. You can click around for more shots from the day if interested.

https://flic.kr/p/awV194
AB3, DC8, DC9, DH7, D10, E90, M80, M88, 320, 321, 330, 722, 737, 733, 734, 738, 747, 744, 757, 752, 753, 772
AA, AF, B6, CO, DL, EA, EI, FI, HP, KM, LX, MS, NW, OP, PA, TW, UA, US, VS, W9, WO, YX

Revelation
Topic Author

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:12 am

varsity wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

The tubes connect the two facilities already and were accessible for Open House New York. There are vestibules on either curbside corner of the baggage hall in the new T5 (signed Flight Bridge One & Two) which lead to a flight of stairs (can't recall if there are lifts too) that takes you to the former airside of the tubes.

Link goes to a shot of the new building side of the tube from OHNY 2011. You can click around for more shots from the day if interested.

https://flic.kr/p/awV194

Wow, thanks for the info and the photos!

Waves of nostalgia looking at the photos.

On the other hand, you get a good sense of how difficult it must have been to be in that terminal after a few 747s arrived.

I guess no one, including famous architects, saw that one coming less than a decade after the opening of T5.

Ironic seeing a PanAm bag on the floor.

Sorry, folks, but for me the old PanAm terminal does not invoke the same waves of nostalgia as T5 does.

I'd be happier if the old T6 was still around, but it too was too small to be of use in modern times.

CARST

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:33 am

THIS IS AWESOME !!!

Can't wait for it to open. Will stay there for sure. Hope the prices will be reasonably. Perhaps like in the Chicago Airport Hilton, which is in a similar position.

jfklganyc

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:59 am

Building started going vertical last week on North wing. All cement, no steel.

Immediately obvious to me...the lower rooms are going to suck if they have windows facing JetBlue. Literally eye level with arrivals roadway. Reach out and touch a car.

Amazing how they are squeezing this in. Tight space.

I agree, B6 has a vision here. Hotel, T5, and a long terminal connecting to T7. They will own that whole side of the airport and have the best set up in the NYC area. Let’s see how it plays out...

ikolkyo

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:02 pm

I’ve always loved the design of this building, so ahead of if it’s time!

varsity

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Revelation wrote:
Sorry, folks, but for me the old PanAm terminal does not invoke the same waves of nostalgia as T5 does.

I'd be happier if the old T6 was still around, but it too was too small to be of use in modern times.

I've heard that said... I think what T3 started out being was so obscured by what they did to it over the years that it was had to appreciate it anymore. If only one of the three could be preserved, this was clearly the one to save.
AB3, DC8, DC9, DH7, D10, E90, M80, M88, 320, 321, 330, 722, 737, 733, 734, 738, 747, 744, 757, 752, 753, 772
AA, AF, B6, CO, DL, EA, EI, FI, HP, KM, LX, MS, NW, OP, PA, TW, UA, US, VS, W9, WO, YX

jfklganyc

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Funny, I always liked T3, even the weird 70s addition, better than T5.

I thought it was an ingenious addition onto the rotunda where cars drove under jetways into the middle of the building for departures with parking on the roof. 747s pulled there nose right up to the glass!

It was just so freakin cool...and different than any airport terminal anywhere!

TWA Terminal, for most of my life, was always a relic of another age in disrepair. TWA invested nothing into it until the late 90s when they gave it a paint job and reactivated the famous departure boards.

michman

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:26 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Funny, I always liked T3, even the weird 70s addition, better than T5.

I thought it was an ingenious addition onto the rotunda where cars drove under jetways into the middle of the building for departures with parking on the roof. 747s pulled there nose right up to the glass!

It was just so freakin cool...and different than any airport terminal anywhere!

TWA Terminal, for most of my life, was always a relic of another age in disrepair. TWA invested nothing into it until the late 90s when they gave it a paint job and reactivated the famous departure boards.

I didn't ever go through T5, but I can't imagine it was in any worse shape than T3 and it's "diapers" near the end.

Revelation
Topic Author

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm

jfklganyc wrote:

I guess I'm lucky because all my memories were formed by a few visits in the golden days of my youth in the 1960s and 1970s, long before TWA lost its way.

It was a living embodiment of the architecture I was seeing on "The Jetsons", so I was fascinated! :biggrin:

toxtethogrady

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Revelation wrote:
[img]
And a few renders of what it is supposed to end up looking like, that seem to be better than the earlier ones we had, IIRC:

And:

Because it's always a classy move to wrap an architectural icon in some meh architectural design work... :duck:

catiii

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

toxtethogrady wrote:
Revelation wrote:
[img]

And:

Because it's always a classy move to wrap an architectural icon in some meh architectural design work... :duck:

More classy than letting it sit unused and rot away...

seat55a

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:18 pm

toxtethogrady wrote:

Well, they can make the addition an architectural gem in itself, but then people like you complain that it detracts from the iconic character of the original.

To take another NY example, the Whitney museum finally gave up on adding to the Breuer designed building, and just moved.

Not to mention the operational constraints. It would be fun to see the hotel in a replica Trylon and Perisphere, but the FAA might raise some issues.

So all in all low and invisible is good.

wowlookplanes

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Revelation wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

I guess I'm lucky because all my memories were formed by a few visits in the golden days of my youth in the 1960s and 1970s, long before TWA lost its way.

It was a living embodiment of the architecture I was seeing on "The Jetsons", so I was fascinated! :biggrin:

Indeed, you saw an incredible architectural age. I grew up in the 80's and had to look backwards at the architecture of the 50's & 60's during the creativity slump of the 70's & 80's (National Assembly Bldg of Dakka & maybe one or two others excepted) until finally Gehry, Hadid, Libeskind, Foster, & Koolhaas breathed life into a new era of inspiring architecture. Granted it's all subjective, so I'm sure others will disagree.

Just to keep this on-topic....sorta......Hajj Terminal.....Spaceport America!

WLP

Bricktop

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:14 pm

toxtethogrady wrote:

I think the banality of the building is actually a very nice canvas to the terminal.

jumbojet

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:46 pm

JetBlueCLT wrote:
Yeah, I really hope you can get some good views of T5 and all the jetBlue planes!

Not for nothing, but what could be more boring than looking at a bunch of old A320's and E190's? I'm an avid spotter and I've spotted throughout the world and if the hotel is built with decent spotting views, hopefully it will include sweeping views of the runway so all types of planes can be seen. However, it looks to be a nice hotel.

OzarkD9S

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

I for one will be planning an overnight stay there once its up and running. As a former Ozark/TWA brat I am really looking forward to it.
Next up: STL-DAL-ABQ-DAL-STL. A little December day trip. Because that's what av-geeks do. :airplane:

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Not for nothing, but what could be more boring than looking at a bunch of old A320's and E190's? I'm an avid spotter and I've spotted throughout the world and if the hotel is built with decent spotting views, hopefully it will include sweeping views of the runway so all types of planes can be seen

Depending on which hotel tower they put the observation deck on, you're either going to get a fairly good view of the A finger of T4 (where Singapore A380 and a generally nice assortment of overseas visitors tie up) or a not-so-good view of T7 in the middle distance, at least for as long as T7 is around. Anybody hear anything further about BA moving to T8? I keep hoping FI moves to T5 now that they have FIS, as they're my favorite B6 partner.

jfklganyc

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I think BA to T8 is an a.net fantasy. BA obviously sees the value in T7. B6 terminal expansion makes things interesting though

stlgph

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:06 pm

I'll just say it ... I'll be very surprised if this hotel is successful long term.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm

stlgph wrote:
I'll just say it ... I'll be very surprised if this hotel is successful long term.

That surprises me only because the alternatives are so far away. If they keep it up and don't go nuts with the rates (and I do agree with you that once the novelty wears off they may have to compete more on price than they think) it seems like an ace in the hole.

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:38 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
I think BA to T8 is an a.net fantasy. BA obviously sees the value in T7. B6 terminal expansion makes things interesting though

I remember seeing something about their long lease being up. Any idea if it was renewed and, if so, for how long? Also has anybody rented UA's space?

stlgph

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:39 pm

varsity wrote:
stlgph wrote:

That surprises me only because the alternatives are so far away. If they keep it up and don't go nuts with the rates (and I do agree with you that once the novelty wears off they may have to compete more on price than they think) it seems like an ace in the hole.

Thank you. You just said the same key word I was thinking in all of this: "novelty."

However, what alternatives are needed? Are people really clawing at the door to spend the night at the JFK airport? It's a massive pain in the ass to get in and out of there as it is. Most of the business for the Hilton at O'Hare is tied to conventions at Rosemont. You're looking at a pool of 505 rooms. That's a hefty number.
Last edited by stlgph on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 pm

stlgph wrote:
varsity wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Thank you. You just said the same key word I was thinking in all of this: "novelty."

Agreed they're making much of that now but I wonder how much value the convenience factor has. It's worth noting that the Ramada property, which is a fair distance away but at least still accessible by the AirTrain, has not been redeveloped.

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:52 pm

stlgph wrote:
However, what alternatives are needed? Are people really clawing at the door to spend the night at the JFK airport? It's a massive pain in the ass to get in and out of there as it is. Most of the business for the Hilton at O'Hare is tied to conventions at Rosemont. You're looking at a pool of 505 rooms. That's a hefty number.

Well I wondered more about people making connections who don't want to leave the airport. Given the amount of flights that come and go at weird times, long interline transfers, etc., I wondered if this would hold more appeal than a potentially hellish cab ride to the places that have cropped up along the Belt Parkway. I do agree that the premise of attracting a lot of local events/meetings or other people who are not getting on or off an airplane (other than avgeeks like us) may be getting overstated.

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Revelation wrote:

So it seems the hotel is going to follow the curvature of the road beween the TWA and B6 terminals, and the tunnels will be kept in-tact and (as reported earlier) the gap between the tunnels is planned to host a Lockheed Constellation restaurant / bar. All due to open in 2019. I for one am planning to spend some time there once it opens. Hope it has some good spotting angles from up top!

I just noticed that the former baggage hall, which was to the left (north) of the central lounge, has been demolished. Wondering now if the same is true of the restaurant and kitchens on the south side?

Revelation
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:08 pm

varsity wrote:
I just noticed that the former baggage hall, which was to the left (north) of the central lounge, has been demolished. Wondering now if the same is true of the restaurant and kitchens on the south side?

Great job spotting that.

If you go to Google Maps and search on 'jfk t5' and look at the satellite image it's clear that the baggage hall that is in google maps is now gone.

If you look at the picture you refer to, it looks like we're seeing the foundation of the new hotel. Its curvature matches that of the road behind it, and we see pipes coming out of the floor which is what you normally see after a foundation is poured.

Given this, it's interesting to look at the 2nd picture where we can see an open area between the tunnels that also seems to be at foundation depth.

It'll be interesting to see how this area gets used.

varsity

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:05 pm

I think that's where the Connie is supposed to go (seems to be the only available space left) so maybe they're building a foundation that it will sit on. I'm curious how they're going to provide access to it without messing up the wall of the central hall... I'm guessing from one of the new hotel wings since you can walk right under the tubes, but there was also once an underground passageway connecting the larger of the two satellites to the main terminal, so maybe that's the answer.

Revelation wrote:
Given this, it's interesting to look at the 2nd picture where we can see an open area between the tunnels that also seems to be at foundation depth.

It'll be interesting to see how this area gets used.

fastmover

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm

jumbojet wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:

Not for nothing, but what could be more boring than looking at a bunch of old A320's and E190's? I'm an avid spotter and I've spotted throughout the world and if the hotel is built with decent spotting views, hopefully it will include sweeping views of the runway so all types of planes can be seen. However, it looks to be a nice hotel.

Awww man you forgot the 321s

jeffrey1970

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm

I hope they do not make it ridiculously expensive to stay there.
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

RollerRB211

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:25 pm

stlgph wrote:
varsity wrote:
stlgph wrote:

There are _thousands_ of rooms on the Conduit which regularly sell for >$200/night. This hotel will be able to command a significant premium to that.

wrldtvlr

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I came in to T4 last night and took the AirTrain to long term parking, and they've already got 2-3 levels built from the sub-level (mind you, it's just bare bones metal and concrete) but it's a significant difference over the pics that were posted. If it weren't night time, I'd have snapped a couple of pics.

stlgph

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 pm

No, the hotels in the area do not regularly sell for more than $200 a night.
At the times when every other hotel room in the city is booked, perhaps somewhat, but no, they are not premium priced hotels by any means.

Compared to this TWA thing, these hotels in the Belt Parkway area offer better access all around to roads, and transit. A great deal of their business is *NOT* connected to the airport, but to the Resorts World Casino. They're also connected to a better franchise network. Coming in selling way above the regional rate and having little options other than watching planes take off and land will make it hard to fill 505.

stlgph

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 pm

At the times when every other hotel room in the city is booked, perhaps somewhat, but no, they are not premium priced hotels by any means.

Compared to this TWA thing, these hotels in the Belt Parkway area offer better access all around to roads, and transit. A great deal of their business is *NOT* connected to the airport, but to the Resorts World Casino. They're also connected to a better franchise network. Coming in selling way above the regional rate and having little options other than watching planes take off and land will make it hard to fill 505.

LAXLHR

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:23 am

jfklganyc wrote:

BA to T8 makes sense and could be somewhat custom made to cater to them if they were to extend the building. T8 is really underused and for that reason there are no longer any plans to extend the terminal at the current time. A real shame. BA is happy in their JFK dump, applying $100s of millions worth of lipstick on their long dead pig of a terminal.
BA JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL QQ UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR PG MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN PC LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

varsity

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 am

I also thought that T7 did not support the A380. What's BA's plan for JFK-LHR as the 744 approaches the end of its useful life, 777s?

maortega15

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 am

varsity wrote:
I also thought that T7 did not support the A380. What's BA's plan for JFK-LHR as the 744 approaches the end of its useful life, 777s?

A combination of 777's, the 78X and possibly the A350's.

jfklganyc

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:01 pm

stlgph wrote:

This hotel will connect right to the airtrain to any terminal or the city.

This train also connects to the airtrain for access to the a train (and said casino)

There is almost no transit access on conduit beyond a sketchy bus.

There are homeless shelters on conduit.

Each of the airport hotels routinely have a city rented floors for homeless shelters.

The areas adjacent to JFK (with the exceptions of Howard Beach and Long Island to the SE) are dangerous areas that no tourist should walk around; ever. Certaintly most dangerous in Queens. The new hotel provides an on site, high end property that will be the premiere hotel in the area and offers quick rail transit to all airport facilities and access to the regions rail system.

WesternA318

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:28 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
stlgph wrote:

This train also connects to the airtrain for access to the a train (and said casino)

Each of the airport hotels routinely have a city rented floors for homeless shelters.

The areas adjacent to JFK (with the exceptions of Howard Beach and Long Island to the SE) are dangerous areas that no tourist should walk around; ever. Certaintly most dangerous in Queens. The new hotel provides an on site, high end property that will be the premiere hotel in the area and offers quick rail transit to all airport facilities and access to the regions rail system.

It'll definitely fill the void left by the closure of the Ramada, and with a better level of service, I'm imagining.

adambrau

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:50 pm

I worked for Swissair (and thus Sabena and Austrian) in the late 90's and every night I worked there were arrival misconnects off of SN647 (and OS503 when it operated). Not to mention a mechanical departure cancellation on SR 101/111/103 when everyone got sent to an hotel. Some nights it was very challenging to find rooms for all those who needed. Having a new hotel will be a good consolation prize for those who unexpectedly find themselves stuck at JFK.
Let's keep the skies friendly.

dampfnudel

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 pm

A first-class hotel right at the airport is long overdue for JFK. I hope it does well.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

AA AI CO CL DE DL EA HA KL LH N7 PA PQ SK RO TW UA YR

stlgph

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 am

jfklganyc wrote:
stlgph wrote:

I've read the business plan. They're not targeting people coming and going from the airport, they're targeting Manhattan-centric business, trying to be a destination for parties, receptions, meetings, special events, and conferences, trying to take business out of Gotham Hall, Federal Hall, Dream Hotel, Tao, etc. etc. It's the same thing the William Vale is trying to do, which, for the most part, has struggled since day 1, and the Vale is right across the river.

Look, I realize this is airliners.net and you all think this is the second coming of Jesus, but JFK isn't the place where the rich pretty people go to hang.

GSPSPOT

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 am

I'm thinking that sticking with the Grand Hyatt at DFW is my best bet for a quick avgeek weekend...
Great Lakes, great life.

jfklganyc

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:51 am

stlgph wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
stlgph wrote:

I've read the business plan. They're not targeting people coming and going from the airport, they're targeting Manhattan-centric business, trying to be a destination for parties, receptions, meetings, special events, and conferences, trying to take business out of Gotham Hall, Federal Hall, Dream Hotel, Tao, etc. etc. It's the same thing the William Vale is trying to do, which, for the most part, has struggled since day 1, and the Vale is right across the river.

Look, I realize this is airliners.net and you all think this is the second coming of Jesus, but JFK isn't the place where the rich pretty people go to hang.

No, this is Queens. And you're talking to a Queens guy. No one wants to be in Queens on vacation. This place will live and die with JFK traffic...of which there is plenty 365 nights a year. It offers two things currently unavailable at JFK hotels: 1. Proximity 2. Safe, pleasant area. Everything beyond that (trendy bs) is gravy.

stlgph

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:02 am

jfklganyc wrote:
stlgph wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

No, this is Queens. And you're talking to a Queens guy. No one wants to be in Queens on vacation. This place will live and die with JFK traffic...of which there is plenty 365 nights a year. It offers two things currently unavailable at JFK hotels: 1. Proximity 2. Safe, pleasant area. Everything beyond that (trendy bs) is gravy.

Well, sweetheart, you might want to call these people and tell them they're not the new Dream Hotel.

New Yorkers dont go on novelty. XL Nightclub is a fine example of what I see happening to this hotel.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos