GSPSPOT
Posts: 2398
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:44 am

Re: MCI New Terminal Vote

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm

sw733 wrote:
TWFlyGuy wrote:
LuvMoreMCI wrote:
Glad to see the terminal pass. What is causing the decrease in flights and passengers to the area? Metro area is growing much faster than STL area, but is lagging STL in flights.


In comparing to STL keep in mind that while growth is much stronger in KC, St Louis is still a bigger city overall. Also, STL terminal for WN is much more conducive to connections than MCI which helps drive some of the additional flying.


Yeah, KC vs STL is interesting...Kansas City is the largest city in Missouri, but the St. Louis metro area (MO/IL) is bigger than the KC metro area (MO/KS).

But which metro generates more business travel and/or has not only more warm bodies, but more people who can afford to fly for leisure?
Great Lakes, great life.
 
User avatar
atypical
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Kansas City passes new terminal for MCI Airport

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 am

NZ321 wrote:
Call it wishful thinking :) but now there is opportunity for MCI to be a hub city for midwest flights.

OKC, DSM, OMA, LNK, CID, FSD, SUX, ICT, ROC, MSN, GBD, GCK, SLN, TUL, FSM, SGF, LIT, LBF, RAP, AMA, FSM, JAN..... for example. For a number of these regional cities MCI would be a more convenient and shorter connection point than backtracking to ORD, DFW, DEN.

MCI could then field more frequency on key routes to major coastal cities. With an efficient connection terminal a lot more is possible.



MCI is never going to justify the levels of service that can be at ORD, DFW, and DEN. Unless they can do that chances it will be more inconvenient regardless of backtracking or not. From OKC to ORD, DFW, and DEN there are a minimum of 7 flights a day to each. OKC may get 3 flights a day to MCI but that would be max. 3 flights a day would have to compete against 21 other flights so the O & D needs to be healthy on any routes because making a bet on connections is a good way to lose a lot of money fast. Not a ding against the airport or area, it just does not have the critical mass needed to make it a decent hub.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Updated: MCI New Terminal Vote Passed

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 am

Looks like the Kansas City city council isn't going to make things easy. Rejected the MOU with Edgemoor today.

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/edito ... 96119.html
 
blhp68
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:04 am

Re: Updated: MCI New Terminal Vote Passed

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Looks like the Kansas City city council isn't going to make things easy. Rejected the MOU with Edgemoor today.

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/edito ... 96119.html


I was actually at one of the open house events that Edgemeoor has been putting on, right as this was all going down. They had to come up and tell everyone it was cancelled. Super awkward.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Updated: MCI New Terminal Vote Passed

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 pm

blhp68 wrote:

I was actually at one of the open house events that Edgemeoor has been putting on, right as this was all going down. They had to come up and tell everyone it was cancelled. Super awkward.


oh man, that sucks. It sounds like it is a mess.
 
blhp68
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:04 am

Re: Updated: MCI New Terminal Vote Passed

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm

MOU has advanced out of the council, paving the way for the next steps with Edgemoor. I was in attendance at city council, 90 minutes of debate with plenty of theater. Whew!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 96599.html
 
RJNUT
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 1999 1:58 am

Re: Updated: MCI New Terminal Vote Passed

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 pm

blhp68 wrote:
MOU has advanced out of the council, paving the way for the next steps with Edgemoor. I was in attendance at city council, 90 minutes of debate with plenty of theater. Whew!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 96599.html



Ironically "NO" votes came from ALL council members who represent the Northland , where the airport is located. Just astoundingly foolish. There is going to be a movement, I have read, to unseat those councilmembers , primarily based on their resistance to this project.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Updated: MCI New Terminal Vote Passed

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:48 pm

RJNUT wrote:
blhp68 wrote:
MOU has advanced out of the council, paving the way for the next steps with Edgemoor. I was in attendance at city council, 90 minutes of debate with plenty of theater. Whew!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 96599.html



Ironically "NO" votes came from ALL council members who represent the Northland , where the airport is located. Just astoundingly foolish. There is going to be a movement, I have read, to unseat those councilmembers , primarily based on their resistance to this project.


Why are they resisting the project so much?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos