ramper@iah

Northwest To Sell Northwest Airlink

Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:19 am

Northwest Announces Filing of Registration Statement for the Initial Public Offering of its Wholly Owned Subsidiary, Pinnacle Airlines Corp.
NEW YORK, Feb. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

Northwest Airlines Corporation (Nasdaq: NWAC - news) announced today that a registration statement has been filed with the SEC relating to the initial public offering of its regional airline subsidiary, Express Airlines I, Inc., which will be renamed Pinnacle Airlines Corp. All of the shares are being offered by an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Northwest Airlines Corporation.

Express I, dba Northwest Airlink, provides Northwest with regional airline capacity at its domestic hub airports in Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Memphis and offers scheduled passenger service operating 34 Bombardier Canadair Regional Jets or CRJs and 24 Saab 340 turboprops with approximately 286 daily departures to 60 cities in 24 states. Northwest has agreed to increase Pinnacle's fleet to 83 CRJs by April 30, 2004.

Wow, First American Airlines announced it would sell part of American Eagle, then Continental announced it would sell Continental Express, now Northwest announces part of Airlink will be sold. Who will be next? I place my bet on Comair or Atlantic Southeast.

azjubilee

RE: Northwest To Sell Northwest Airlink

Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:20 pm

First of all, Northwest is not selling Northwest Airlink. Northwest Airlink is a BRAND NAME, like Delta Connection and United Express. Mesaba Airlines and Express Airlines I operate as Northwest Airlink.

With this hopefully clear, Northwest is selling their wholly owned subsidiary, Express Airlines I. This was announced last year sometime when Richard Anderson said that he sees no need for a major airline to own their regional affiliates. So, we knew this was coming, it was a matter of when.

AZJ

baec777

RE: Northwest To Sell Northwest Airlink

Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:43 pm

Comair & ASA are both Delta's Connections...

baec

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos