FlightLevel360
Topic Author

United 737 MAX Fleet

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 pm

United Airlines will be taking the first of 161 737 MAX 9 and MAX 10 aircraft starting next year.
This will be a thread to discuss all things about this new fleet that will be essentially the backbone of UA's new domestic fleet, as not much is currently known at this time about the aircraft.
First things first: Interior Configuration. It seems like they will keep the same configurations as they currently have on the 737-900s. However, someone tweeted a picture of the economy seats a couple of months ago, and interestingly, they look to be the same B/E Aerospace Meridian that AA currently has on its 737 MAX. What really pisses me off is that these aircraft will be arriving without seatback entertainment screens; it's honestly just another severe cost-cutting measure. Compare that to DL, which is installing seatback entertainment screens across the majority of its domestic fleet.

Anyways, back to topic. Does anyone know of any news regarding the 737 MAX 10's interior? I have heard somewhere that it will be replacing some 757-200s, meaning that they are likely to take over the transcontinental P.S. routes. In this regard, do you think United will debut a more "premium" economy product with seatback entertainment screens and other amenities?

Finally, what do you think the registrations/fleet numbers of these aircraft will be? Former CO aircraft were registered N##XXX, where "XXX" was just the fleet number and "##" was just two random digits. United has done the same for post-merger deliveries, except for the 777-300ER, when they reverted back to the NXXXXU format. Will these aircraft follow the "new" registration format, or the legacy Continental one?

sdh9

Re: United 737 MAX Fleet

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 pm

FlightLevel360 wrote:
What really pisses me off is that these aircraft will be arriving without seatback entertainment screens; it's honestly just another severe cost-cutting measure. Compare that to DL, which is installing seatback entertainment screens across the majority of its domestic fleet.

There’s about 100 737s flying around with PDE, why would they change now? Do you really think DirecTV is better?

Finally, what do you think the registrations/fleet numbers of these aircraft will be? Former CO aircraft were registered N##XXX, where "XXX" was just the fleet number and "##" was just two random digits. United has done the same for post-merger deliveries, except for the 777-300ER, when they reverted back to the NXXXXU format. Will these aircraft follow the "new" registration format, or the legacy Continental one?

Registrations were posted in the United thread. Seems they’re following the sCO scheme.

VC10er

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:50 am

I would assume that First Class will get the new seat as the Airbus fleet has? New bulkhead design.

I can’t imagine them getting bed seats for ps but I surely wouldn’t know. I would like to see that happen like on the 752s, add more East and West coast bed options beyond EWR, and even West Coast to Miami. But ???.
I prefer flying over the vacation itself! I go on business trips just so I can fly!

CX747

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 am

I for one am looking forward to the 737 Max arrival. It will be a great addition to the 737NG fleet. Do we know when the first EWR bases birds will come around?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

FlyHossD

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:53 am

Heard from a L-CO flight attendant who claimed that they received a memo indicating that the -9Max would have one more row of Economy seats - so 20F/165Y. That's not verified, though.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

AA737-823

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 am

Regarding IFE, eliminating seatback TV's is the way of the future. And I actually support it. That's 180 TV's to break, spark, fail, etc etc, and TONS of wiring. Eliminate it. Save the weight. Save the fuel. Save the maintenance. And just let me have streaming, to start and pause as I like, from a selection just as broad, and in some cases broader, than what most carriers are offering on their PTV's.
AND, the HUGE benefit in the case of United, is that it means NO MORE BLARING, FULL SCREEN BRIGHTNESS COMMERCIALS in the middle of redeye overnight transcon flights.
I can't tell you how obnoxious that is.

Otherwise, I'm just hoping they don't pull an AA and go with 30" of pitch.

FlyHossD wrote:
Heard from a L-CO flight attendant who claimed that they received a memo indicating that the -9Max would have one more row of Economy seats - so 20F/165Y. That's not verified, though.

You know you're repeating yourself, right?

Bald1983

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:19 am

FlightLevel360 wrote:
United Airlines will be taking the first of 161 737 MAX 9 and MAX 10 aircraft starting next year.
This will be a thread to discuss all things about this new fleet that will be essentially the backbone of UA's new domestic fleet, as not much is currently known at this time about the aircraft.
First things first: Interior Configuration. It seems like they will keep the same configurations as they currently have on the 737-900s. However, someone tweeted a picture of the economy seats a couple of months ago, and interestingly, they look to be the same B/E Aerospace Meridian that AA currently has on its 737 MAX. What really pisses me off is that these aircraft will be arriving without seatback entertainment screens; it's honestly just another severe cost-cutting measure. Compare that to DL, which is installing seatback entertainment screens across the majority of its domestic fleet.

Anyways, back to topic. Does anyone know of any news regarding the 737 MAX 10's interior? I have heard somewhere that it will be replacing some 757-200s, meaning that they are likely to take over the transcontinental P.S. routes. In this regard, do you think United will debut a more "premium" economy product with seatback entertainment screens and other amenities?

I like the seat back entertainment. However, few bought it and they add a lot of weight. Everybody has their own devices so going to the wifi, not my choice, is probably a good move.

s1m7n

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 am

Is this fleet going to be flown by sUA or sCO FAs?

767333ER

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:48 am

AA737-823 wrote:
Regarding IFE, eliminating seatback TV's is the way of the future. And I actually support it. That's 180 TV's to break, spark, fail, etc etc, and TONS of wiring. Eliminate it. Save the weight. Save the fuel. Save the maintenance.

But none of those savings will translate into a customer saving money. I personally don’t use the PTV IFE a whole lot myself, but I think it’s nice to have. I honestly couldn’t care less if an airline would be saving a few bucks every flight if those savings don’t translate to me saving money.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T

flyguy84

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:31 am

FlyHossD wrote:

There was a rumor that one more row of seats would be added, however, United has confirmed they will be sticking with 179 seats which is currently the same as the 900.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com ... ap-leaked/

flyguy84

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:34 am

s1m7n wrote:
Is this fleet going to be flown by sUA or sCO FAs?

depends when they are delivered, after 10/18 they will no longer be separate work groups so it wont matter.

JAAlbert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:31 am

AA737-823 wrote:
Regarding IFE, eliminating seatback TV's is the way of the future. And I actually support it. That's 180 TV's to break, spark, fail, etc etc, and TONS of wiring. Eliminate it. Save the weight. Save the fuel. Save the maintenance. And just let me have streaming, to start and pause as I like, from a selection just as broad, and in some cases broader, than what most carriers are offering on their PTV's.

Yes, yes - fine - remove the seatback videoscreens and we can use our own phones and tablets - but for love of Pete give us a damn usb power port at every seat so our own personal devices don't die mid-flight! How much weight do power ports add?

STT757

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:19 pm

My last four trips were on WN, and the streaming live tv and internet worked perfectly on each flight. The last time I flew UA was a 752, again I didn't use the seat back AVOD and instead used my IPAD which I was able to stream videos for my daughter on the Youtube kids app.

When B6 was first with the tvs, domestically, it was radical. But taking B6 flights today the system seems so antiquated. The streaming, when working properly, is way better as the selections tend to be more robust streaming than on fixed systems. And on UA's aircraft with the slimline's you can easily set up your ipad in the seat back in front of you.

The systems, wifi and streaming, need to be more reliable which seems like they're improving constantly. And the airlines need to make sure all rows have power ports.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

FlightLevel360
Topic Author

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:42 pm

JAAlbert wrote:
AA737-823 wrote:

Yes, yes - fine - remove the seatback videoscreens and we can use our own phones and tablets - but for love of Pete give us a damn usb power port at every seat so our own personal devices don't die mid-flight! How much weight do power ports add?

I understand your point. However, it just seems really "cheap" to not have the seatback entertainment screens - almost like a budget carrier. United doesn't even have power ports/usb ports for any of their 737s with PDE, so I can't see the rationale here. At least give us one or the other!

Keep in mind that Delta is going in the opposite direction and fitting almost their entire mainline domestic fleet (except for MD-80/90/95) with seatback IFE. That's the main reason why I switched my business to DL, even if their frequent flyer program is crap compared to MileagePlus.

B737900ER

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:02 pm

FlightLevel360 wrote:

I understand your point. However, it just seems really "cheap" to not have the seatback entertainment screens - almost like a budget carrier. United doesn't even have power ports/usb ports for any of their 737s with PDE, so I can't see the rationale here. At least give us one or the other!

Keep in mind that Delta is going in the opposite direction and fitting almost their entire mainline domestic fleet (except for MD-80/90/95) with seatback IFE. That's the main reason why I switched my business to DL, even if their frequent flyer program is crap compared to MileagePlus.

Where do you get that UA doesn’t have ISP in the 737?

And if you switched business to DL because of seatback IFE your priorities probably align with .000002% of all frequent flyers. There are dozens of things more important to the flyers that matter than having a PTV

SonomaFlyer

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Has UA confirmed ISP at every seat on their 737 MAX fleet? We can all complain about how squashed econ can be on many carriers but things like streaming and ISP at each seat can help distract from the squash factor. Just ask EK :)

B737900ER

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:07 pm

SonomaFlyer wrote:
Has UA confirmed ISP at every seat on their 737 MAX fleet? We can all complain about how squashed econ can be on many carriers but things like streaming and ISP at each seat can help distract from the squash factor. Just ask EK :)

Why wouldn’t they? Every new delivery now has it despite what the OP claims.

VC10er

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:34 pm

At 56 years old I have had to realize that the next (current frankly) generation are totally technology savvy and have zero need for a tiny screen from 20 years ago (I prefer AVOD because I’m old, I had to learn how to use my iPad, and yes, it’s better!)

I do care about comfort though. That doesn’t change, every generation likes a comfortable seat and I seriously miss United’s OLD rainbow seats!
I prefer flying over the vacation itself! I go on business trips just so I can fly!

FlyHossD

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
FlyHossD wrote:

There was a rumor that one more row of seats would be added, however, United has confirmed they will be sticking with 179 seats which is currently the same as the 900.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com ... ap-leaked/

Thanks. I had wondered how another row would be accomplished.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

Austin787

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
AND, the HUGE benefit in the case of United, is that it means NO MORE BLARING, FULL SCREEN BRIGHTNESS COMMERCIALS in the middle of redeye overnight transcon flights.
I can't tell you how obnoxious that is.

Otherwise, I'm just hoping they don't pull an AA and go with 30" of pitch.

Streaming IFE has its own issues: the wireless network could go down (impacting everyone onboard), it could be slow which disrupts videos, there could also be commercials. And you would still have blaring, full screen brightness on night flights - it would be from other people's tablets instead of seatback TV's.

30" pitch wouldn't surprise me since United's president came from USdbaAA.

FlightLevel360
Topic Author

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 pm

B737900ER wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:

And if you switched business to DL because of seatback IFE your priorities probably align with .000002% of all frequent flyers. There are dozens of things more important to the flyers that matter than having a PTV

I used the United Airlines fleet website available here:
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking

B737900ER

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:56 pm

FlightLevel360 wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:

It tells you on that site that literally all of the 737s with PDE have ISP

EssentialBusDC

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:59 pm

FlightLevel360 wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:

Straight from United's website, the 737-900's version 2 (which don't have directv, but have PDE) and are the most current 737's delivered except for the four 737-800 delivered this summer, have power in all rows.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/conten ... fault.aspx

VC10er

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 am

What is the range of the 73MAX10?

Can it take bed seat and do all transcontinental destinations? Could it do SFO to MIA, BOS to LAX?

Otherwise I assume it’s getting the new domestic First seat at least. I think the current F seats on the 737 are really bad, poor cushions and storage aside from generic looking. They beat the Y seat, but otherwise are from another era.

OA940

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:25 am

I just want there to be 31'' in Economy. They have wifi and streaming, so the IFE is kinda unnecessary especially if you consider how many pax bring their own stuff onboard. And the MAX 10 is still 3 years away. Airlines never reveal interiors that soon (yeah LH is an exception I know). Maybe around 2019 we'll know.
A350/CSeries = bae

msp747

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:42 pm

STT757 wrote:
The systems, wifi and streaming, need to be more reliable which seems like they're improving constantly. And the airlines need to make sure all rows have power ports.

I flew AA this summer and had a chance to use their streaming entertainment on 3 of my 4 flights. Despite my concern, it worked great and kept my young kids entertained the entire trip. A lot of content to choose from and it was easy to use. Never had any streaming issues. The experience convinced me this is the best solution for airlines going forward. The power ports in every row were key, so if UA doesn't include them, there will be issues. It would also be nice if they could make it work gate to gate, as opposed to just in the air.

VC10er

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:51 pm

The thread starts with United will start taking delivery next year...when in 2018 does #1 arrive? Thx

FlyHossD

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 pm

VC10er wrote:
The thread starts with United will start taking delivery next year...when in 2018 does #1 arrive? Thx

Late April is what I heard.

splitterz

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 pm

FlyHossD wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Late April is what I heard.

I'd love to see these do SFO/LAX-LIH.

fun2fly

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:16 am

According to a pretty reliable site: https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking
UA has 5x 738MAX coming in 2018. True? I didn't think they had any 8's ordered, but they already listed unit #'s.

N67501
N37502
N27503
N37504
N47505
N37506

ikolkyo

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:23 am

fun2fly wrote:
According to a pretty reliable site: https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking
UA has 5x 738MAX coming in 2018. True? I didn't think they had any 8's ordered, but they already listed unit #'s.

N67501
N37502
N27503
N37504
N47505
N37506

I believe that is a typo as those were the reported fleet numbers for the MAX 9

FlightLevel360
Topic Author

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:06 am

fun2fly wrote:

N67501
N37502
N27503
N37504
N47505
N37506

Interesting! I never noticed it on that website!
Thanks for pointing it out!

iahcsr

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 am

FlightLevel360 wrote:
fun2fly wrote:

N67501
N37502
N27503
N37504
N47505
N37506

Interesting! I never noticed it on that website!
Thanks for pointing it out!

These are definitely 73Max9s, not Max8s. First delivery is LN 6834, and LN6762 just started on FAL. Given production is 30 something/month plus waiting on Max9 certification, April sounds about right.
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....

springtx

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 pm

That page is showing them as Max8, it is showing Max9 as starting at 7751, just saying.

Boeingphan

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:55 pm

It's a damn wonder that anyone could find a power or usb port even if they did have them. I'm 6 feet tall and 180lbs so a very average sized man and my knees were right up against the seat in front and bending over to get my computer bag was an exercise in contortion. Take the IFE out and give us some space and streaming I'm fine.

Keep in mind that Delta is going in the opposite direction and fitting almost their entire mainline domestic fleet (except for MD-80/90/95) with seatback IFE. That's the main reason why I switched my business to DL, even if their frequent flyer program is crap compared to MileagePlus.[/quote]

AvObserver

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:50 pm

I don't care much about entertainment on domestic flights so I'd likely not pay for WiFi service on a relatively short flight. My best entertainment has long been the window; why I opt for the window seat and I can take naps if I get bored with that. Not such a big deal.

Polot

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:17 pm

AvObserver wrote:
I don't care much about entertainment on domestic flights so I'd likely not pay for WiFi service on a relatively short flight.

You do not need to pay for the WiFi to use the PDE, it is free (same with AA).

Boeing12345

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Folks seem to have no clue about in-seat power or entertainment on UAL 737's, but sure are quick to complain.

Any 737 with seatback screen has power from front to the exit rows. These have wi-fi but no streaming to your device.

Any 737 without seatback screen has power from front to back the entire aircraft. These aircraft have wi-fi and streaming content to your device. You don't have to purchase the wi-fi to get the free streaming content.

The registration numbers are the CAL system because of so many needed in sequence. -9's start delivery in April, require post delivery mods, proving runs and enter revenue in June starting with about 7 stations and then 11 or 12 stations in July.

travaz

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:37 pm

I never cared about IFE. I have no interest in the crap shows that they put on those systems. My entertainment is either audio book or a kindle book or the window. Plus I refuse to pay 49.00 for WiFi on AA. I was on an AA 757 2 months ago that had no Wifi or streaming. Should have heard those complaints.

iahcsr

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:00 pm

springtx wrote:
That page is showing them as Max8, it is showing Max9 as starting at 7751, just saying.

I look at that same site all the time.... Very useful info to me. :bigthumbsup:
But in this case it’s a typo. UA has no Max8s on order only Max9 and 10s.
7751 is MAX10 ( stupid idea UA desk jockeys, it should be 7701 )

United1

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:20 pm

"First things first: Interior Configuration. It seems like they will keep the same configurations as they currently have on the 737-900s. However, someone tweeted a picture of the economy seats a couple of months ago, and interestingly, they look to be the same B/E Aerospace Meridian that AA currently has on its 737 MAX. "

That's because they are B/E Meridian seats :)

UA is using Meridian seats on the MAX9s (and would assume MAX10s as well) and switching from B/E Pinnacle derivatives to the B/E Aspire series on the 77E/350/78J aircraft.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

VC10er

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 pm

If ONE airline bucked the trend and put old style thicker cushioned seats (eg: old rainbow stripes), strong comfy headrests in E+ along with additional 5” legroom (full power) on domestic narrow bodies, would more people pay more?
I’m not talking International W kind of product, just good old fashioned comfortable economy seats.
Last: will all tray tables come with the tablet holder groove?

HPAEAA

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 am

Bald1983 wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:

I like the seat back entertainment. However, few bought it and they add a lot of weight. Everybody has their own devices so going to the wifi, not my choice, is probably a good move.

I honestly have to wonder how much weight IFE really adds vs Streaming, as devices get smaller they're also lighter weight.. i get that it's X190 seats but if that's 2 LBS (screen only) * 190 seats, what's total weight that is added? I agree, especially when enjoying a drink or snack the IFE comes in very handy, I tend to use it on all my flights despite having a laptop, iPad an iPhone with me.

767333ER wrote:
AA737-823 wrote:
Regarding IFE, eliminating seatback TV's is the way of the future. And I actually support it. That's 180 TV's to break, spark, fail, etc etc, and TONS of wiring. Eliminate it. Save the weight. Save the fuel. Save the maintenance.

But none of those savings will translate into a customer saving money. I personally don’t use the PTV IFE a whole lot myself, but I think it’s nice to have. I honestly couldn’t care less if an airline would be saving a few bucks every flight if those savings don’t translate to me saving money.

See my comment to the previous poster, this may be choice, but i use the IFE all the time, since it's available from gate to gate & doesn't require a balancing act with the tray table to make it work.. don't get me wrong, I use my iDevices sometimes when the selection is poor, but it's still a valuable piece of the experience.
1.4mm and counting...

STT757

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Hopefully the seatbacks on the new UA 737MAX will have the Ipad/Iphone holders like their domestic 777s.

Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Newbiepilot

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

VC10er wrote:

Can it take bed seat and do all transcontinental destinations? Could it do SFO to MIA, BOS to LAX?

Otherwise I assume it’s getting the new domestic First seat at least. I think the current F seats on the 737 are really bad, poor cushions and storage aside from generic looking. They beat the Y seat, but otherwise are from another era.

I fully expect the 737-10 to be able to fly transcon. I would also expect that flat bed seats can be installed (they could use the same seats as on the 757s or switch to the seats that FlyDubai is using). While a flat seat is heavier than a recliner, the reduced passenger count overall reduces the total weight and that increases range.

The new first class seats that UA has and retrofitted on the A320s are quite nice in my opinion. It is nice to have extra storage since the old seats had the pointless airphones in the center arm rest.

VC10er

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Newbiepilot wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I fully expect the 737-10 to be able to fly transcon. I would also expect that flat bed seats can be installed (they could use the same seats as on the 757s or switch to the seats that FlyDubai is using). While a flat seat is heavier than a recliner, the reduced passenger count overall reduces the total weight and that increases range.

The new first class seats that UA has and retrofitted on the A320s are quite nice in my opinion. It is nice to have extra storage since the old seats had the pointless airphones in the center arm rest.

I have never loved flying a 737. I can’t explain it but I don’t feel the same sense of glide (for lack of a better word) like I feel on other narrow bodies- the kind I feel on an E174/95, or A320 and certainly rear mounted engine aircraft, eg: 717. Perhaps the MAX will be the best version yet.
I too like the new F seat, for storage and the articulated reclining.
I would think I would like a bed seat for transcontinental- I bet it would be much like the 757. (Q: what’s the difference in circumference between a 737 and 757?)
Thanks

wn676

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:51 pm

fun2fly wrote:

N67501
N37502
N27503
N37504
N47505
N37506

They have 10 -9s coming in 2018. The bulk of the deliveries are in April/May.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

AvObserver

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 pm

VC10er wrote:
Newbiepilot wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I have never loved flying a 737. I can’t explain it but I don’t feel the same sense of glide (for lack of a better word) like I feel on other narrow bodies- the kind I feel on an E174/95, or A320 and certainly rear mounted engine aircraft, eg: 717. Perhaps the MAX will be the best version yet.
I would think I would like a bed seat for transcontinental- I bet it would be much like the 757. (Q: what’s the difference in circumference between a 737 and 757?)
Thanks

Wow, sense of glide? Not sure what you mean. I've found the 737 experience little different than the A320, aside from the slight added width of the Airbus. The E190 is a bit different than either of those for me but not worse. Just curious about your post, not a dig.

iahcsr

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:15 pm

wn676 wrote:
fun2fly wrote:

N67501
N37502
N27503
N37504
N47505
N37506

They have 10 -9s coming in 2018. The bulk of the deliveries are in April/May.

These first six start at LN 6834 and end 6935....averaging 20 apart (give or take). So that’s about two/month :bigthumbsup:

VC10er

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 pm

AvObserver wrote:
VC10er wrote:
Newbiepilot wrote:

Thanks

Wow, sense of glide? Not sure what you mean. I've found the 737 experience little different than the A320, aside from the slight added width of the Airbus. The E190 is a bit different than either of those for me but not worse. Just curious about your post, not a dig.

I admit “glide” is not quite right. But I can’t explain the feel. Sometimes a plane feels as if she’s flying with no effort, smooth and light feeling, especially on banking. I feel that on a 747, 717, A340, A321, and ERJ 175/95. Sometimes on a 767. I always feel a 737 lacks that “smooth as butter” feeling (of course this happens only when the air is smooth). I am hoping the MAX, with new winglets, length etc will help. (Has the wing itself changed?)
Anyway: it’s like when the plane is quiet (just some noise of air passing over the skin) and you almost feel nothing. The she banks, like going into LaGuardia or that one crazy banking maneuver into JFK, when the plane so effortlessly does the tipping side ways the straightens back without a bump. Like a seagull. LOVE THAT! Especially on a 747!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos