Jetsouth
Topic Author

CSeries orders and possible orders for 2018

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Now that 2017 is almost over, lets start a thread for possible and actual orders for CSeries jets for 2018. The following are some of the possibilities:

1) AtlasGlobal from Turkey is possibly ordering Cseries to compliment their airbuses in 2018, according to flightglobal December 13, 2017

2) Luxair announced some time ago that they would most likely order CSeries in 2018

3) Ethiopian has also held a long interest in the CSeries

4) AirBaltic is to make a followup order sometime in the next few months.

5) Aero Mexico may take over some of Delta's orders

6) Lufthansa may firm up some of its CSeries options

Any other more than likely orders for 2018?

Jetsouth
Topic Author

Re: CSeries orders and possible orders for 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 am

Anyone know if Aeromexico is still going to take over some of Delta's orders, or make their own order?

TranscendZac

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 am

I think the C-Series will gain some traction this year. I would think the IAG group may be looking at the C-Series as well. It’s a fantastic aircraft.
Zac

gokmengs

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 am

I am hoping for Atlas order and others as well, especially after the tariff fiasco, I am rooting for the underdog:) Its always nice to have a little variety. I am also wondering even if these orders materialize there is still a big issue regarding ramp up of the deliveries, lets hope BBD can fix the supply issues and can get the orders delivered fast.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

KiloEchoVictor

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 am

(Rumor has it) GA is looking to CS100s to replace their CRJ-1000s. Does that count?

deltal1011man

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:16 am

Jetsouth wrote:
Anyone know if Aeromexico is still going to take over some of Delta's orders, or make their own order?

Aeromexico wont be taking on any of Delta's orders.

Aeromexico may take over some of the early Delta slots as Delta's order gets deferred but Delta will still end up with at least 75 CS. All of that is still up in the air at the moment.

Jerry123

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:04 am

TranscendZac wrote:
I think the C-Series will gain some traction this year. I would think the IAG group may be looking at the C-Series as well. It’s a fantastic aircraft.

Not sure they will, as they seem to be gravitating towards A320s as the smallest sized aircraft with the exception of BA Cityflyer obviously. Honestly not sure where the C Series would fit in for them.

KarelXWB

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:16 am

Well there is that LOI from an undisclosed customer that still needs to be firmed up.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

fcogafa

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 am

Maybe AtlasGlobal is the LOI customer

Obzerva

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am

Would love to see them in Australia, but QF don’t seem to have any immediate plans to replace their 717 fleet, or their regional partners Fokkers.

VA isn’t in a position to order new aircraft, and is doing some much needed fleet type consolidation, the E90s days are numbered there.

mig21umd

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 am

Croatia Airlines has been talking about introducing a 100 seater for sometime now with the CSeries being mentioned as an option. The have wet leased a number of CRJ1000 over the busy summer period which from all accounts worked really well for them. The CSeries would give them a lot of flexibility where they could be used to expand their network in the summer months and use them on their more regular routes during the winter. Croatia Airlines has 4 A319NEO's on order so with the recent agreement between Airbus and Bombardier, it will be interesting to see if Croatia Airlines will look to see if they could change the order from the A319s to the CSeries.
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you long to return

L0VE2FLY

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:18 am

Obzerva wrote:
Would love to see them in Australia, but QF don’t seem to have any immediate plans to replace their 717 fleet, or their regional partners Fokkers.

I'm sure you'll see them eventually, the CSeries is the perfect bird to replace the 717s & Fokkers, it can also be used to start thin Pacific Islands and Trans-Tasman routes, e.g. CBR-NZ, Australia-HLZ.

julio777

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 pm

KiloEchoVictor wrote:
(Rumor has it) GA is looking to CS100s to replace their CRJ-1000s. Does that count?

I do think it counts. I read in the news that according to Garuda's CFO, indeed Garuda is considering to bring in new fleet replacing CRJ-1000s and it has been included in GA business plan. He did not mention it will be CS100s though, but as you mentioned, rumours do say it is going to be CS100s.

I keep my fingers crossed.

@julesdj7

Jetsouth
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 pm

My major concern regarding potential 2018 orders is Bombardier's ability to deliver. It fell quite short of anticipated deliveries for both 2016 and 2017. In 2017, I think total deliveries were only 17, versus 30-35 originally anticipated. Anyone wanting a substantial order of jets may have to wait several years if Bombardier cannot deliver more than 20-30 per year.

BAorNoWay

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Jerry123 wrote:
TranscendZac wrote:

Not sure they will, as they seem to be gravitating towards A320s as the smallest sized aircraft with the exception of BA Cityflyer obviously. Honestly not sure where the C Series would fit in for them.

I believe IAG will be the ‘undisclosed’ order for 31+30 options:

1. BA CityFlyer - London City Airport can currently take a few C-Series at a time at present, but the capacity will increase by 7 additional stands that are to be built over the next 5-6 years or so which will greatly improve C-Series capacity at the airport. In addition, BA CityFlyer is expanding and some of the C-Series aircraft could be based at Edinburgh and other regional airports (Manchester comes to mind). The aircraft would open up some good medium haul routes (Moscow, Dubai, Northern Africa). People always seem to think BA at London City is all about business markets, which for a long time it was, but over recent years it has opened up a growing number of leisure routes very successfully too. I really cannot see BA allowing CityFlyer to fall behind (they are currently the largest airline at LCY and the C-Series is more efficient and comfortable from a pax perspective). Whilst the Scope agreement restricts aircraft up to 100 seats, I believe this will be renegotiated in the near future.

2. The other IAG airlines could easily absorb the additional aircraft in the order, I can easily see the C-Series in the Aer Lingus, Vueling and Iberia Express fleets, not to mention potentially the new Vueling Austria subsidiary. I don’t think we will ever see it in BA mainline as the airline is up gauging to A320/A321 and I believe moving the A319’s to Gatwick.

Jerry123

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 pm

BAorNoWay wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:
TranscendZac wrote:

I believe IAG will be the ‘undisclosed’ order for 31+30 options:

1. BA CityFlyer - London City Airport can currently take a few C-Series at a time at present, but the capacity will increase by 7 additional stands that are to be built over the next 5-6 years or so which will greatly improve C-Series capacity at the airport. In addition, BA CityFlyer is expanding and some of the C-Series aircraft could be based at Edinburgh and other regional airports (Manchester comes to mind). The aircraft would open up some good medium haul routes (Moscow, Dubai, Northern Africa). People always seem to think BA at London City is all about business markets, which for a long time it was, but over recent years it has opened up a growing number of leisure routes very successfully too. I really cannot see BA allowing CityFlyer to fall behind (they are currently the largest airline at LCY and the C-Series is more efficient and comfortable from a pax perspective). Whilst the Scope agreement restricts aircraft up to 100 seats, I believe this will be renegotiated in the near future.

2. The other IAG airlines could easily absorb the additional aircraft in the order, I can easily see the C-Series in the Aer Lingus, Vueling and Iberia Express fleets, not to mention potentially the new Vueling Austria subsidiary. I don’t think we will ever see it in BA mainline as the airline is up gauging to A320/A321 and I believe moving the A319’s to Gatwick.

Why would CityFlyer introduce a new type to their fleet? The E jet suits them and if they are going to launch new routes from LCY they'd probably be more leisure based than places like Moscow and Dubai which LHR covers well.
If IAG wanted a smaller aircraft then why not go for the A319 neo, they have the A320 neo on order and it would mean the pilots and crew would be type rated as well.
It would be nice to see them order them but i'm just a bit sceptical that they will.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos