zkncj

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - January 2018

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am

Now that JQ has been operating the Q300 for just over two years in New Zealand now, how likely could we see Jetstar move into the Regional Market in Australia to make an decent into the likes of REX?

qf002

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
How many 787 routes remain for QF to announce before their first eight Dreamliners are all spoken for, and will those all be ex-BNE or is there another ex-MEL route on the cards?

Just one more, which will be ex-BNE to the US. Also waiting to find out when the 789 will launch on BNE-LAX and LAX-JFK.

A350OZ

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:38 am

MooLor wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Well I'm sure not everyone will agree with the following but here goes

CNN Travel has named Perth as one of the top 18 places to visit around the world this year. Perth has been described as Australia's "Capital of Cool"

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/cnn-trav ... b88707476z

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/p ... index.html

Given that the author is not CNN staff but a "freelance writer and editor" who "also provides consulting, copy writing and blogging services to several corporate clients" , and on her personal website at https://kate-springer.com/springer-crea ... -services/ she promotes her 'professional services' via Springer Creative where a "professional team of writers, editors, translators and photographers works with businesses to achieve short-term and long-term goals. Whether you need a hand with your website, blogs, catalogs, social media, books, press releases, or integrated projects, Springer Creative provides high-quality content on time, every time.", I would not be surprised if she has received payment from WA Tourism or some such body through her client services for this story placement.

I do like Perth but come on, "Australia's capital of cool"? Compared to Melbourne for example? That's an idiotic claim for a 'journalist' to make.

So you're upset that she believes Perth is "cooler" than Melbourne then?

I think there is a difference of someone believing Perth is cooler than Melbourne (each to their own), or someone declaring it the "cool" capital of Australia. I think the second warrants a bit more than a personal opinion. But anyway, those publications need to come up with new lists of "Top 10 of this" and "Best 17 of that", and they don't want to list the same thing as someone else did the week before. Just look at Fairfax or the Oz and their weekly travel sections; what they come up with sometimes is ... well, interesting.

(Disclaimer: Melbourne resident here who has not spend much time in Perth other than for short work trips, so has no personal opinion on this matter.)

EK413

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
How many 787 routes remain for QF to announce before their first eight Dreamliners are all spoken for, and will those all be ex-BNE or is there another ex-MEL route on the cards?

There are routes to be announced ex-PER & ex-BNE.

zkncj wrote:
Now that JQ has been operating the Q300 for just over two years in New Zealand now, how likely could we see Jetstar move into the Regional Market in Australia to make an decent into the likes of REX?

Wouldn’t that be invading QFLINK territory?

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

EK413

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am

qf002 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

Just one more, which will be ex-BNE to the US. Also waiting to find out when the 789 will launch on BNE-LAX and LAX-JFK.

Wasn’t the LAX-JFK Service commencing Aug 18?

EK413

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am

EK413 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

EK413

I thought the only route/s to be announced were from BNE, do you know something we don't? Please share
Forum Moderator

EK413

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 am

qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

EK413

I thought the only route/s to be announced were from BNE, do you know something we don't? Please share

From announcement perspective yes ex-BNE but a route to be announced ex-PER (eventually).

EK413
Last edited by EK413 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

V8CHRGD

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:47 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Well I'm sure not everyone will agree with the following but here goes

CNN Travel has named Perth as one of the top 18 places to visit around the world this year. Perth has been described as Australia's "Capital of Cool"

Dubbed Australia’s “Capital of Cool” by American travel writer Chris Dwyer in December, Perth is vaulting into must-visit lists from around the world.
CNN Travel this week ranked Perth among its 18 best places to visit in 2018, writing the city “seems to have finally hit its stride”.
After praising new designer hotels Aloft and Tribe Perth, the article highlights the city’s burgeoning night life and a restaurant scene that now offers more options per capita than Sydney or Melbourne.
“But that’s just what’s happening downtown. From pristine beaches to oceanfront cycling and whale-spotting, Perth also offers timeless natural adventures,” it continues.
It is not just international visitors flocking to our sandy shores either, with Australian website Traveller urging Eastern States tourists to ditch Dubai in favour of Perth as the new gateway to Europe.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/cnn-trav ... b88707476z

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/p ... index.html

Given that the author is not CNN staff but a "freelance writer and editor" who "also provides consulting, copy writing and blogging services to several corporate clients" , and on her personal website at https://kate-springer.com/springer-crea ... -services/ she promotes her 'professional services' via Springer Creative where a "professional team of writers, editors, translators and photographers works with businesses to achieve short-term and long-term goals. Whether you need a hand with your website, blogs, catalogs, social media, books, press releases, or integrated projects, Springer Creative provides high-quality content on time, every time.", I would not be surprised if she has received payment from WA Tourism or some such body through her client services for this story placement.

I do like Perth but come on, "Australia's capital of cool"? Compared to Melbourne for example? That's an idiotic claim for a 'journalist' to make.

So some one has the opinion that another city in Aus is 'cooler' than Melbourne and you think they are getting paid off? My god some of you arrogant small minded people have over inflated ego's. I know this will be hard to understand for some, but not every one sees the eastern states through such rose colored glasses.

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:47 am

EK413 wrote:
qf002 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

Wasn’t the LAX-JFK Service commencing Aug 18?

EK413

QF has not given a date yet, but you would think it would be around then
Forum Moderator

zkncj

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 am

EK413 wrote:

zkncj wrote:

EK413

Not wholly - JQ could step into those routes that QLink currently doesn't fly.

A350OZ

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 am

zkncj wrote:
EK413 wrote:

zkncj wrote:

EK413

Not wholly - JQ could step into those routes that QLink currently doesn't fly.

What would these routes be though?

I am not sure there would be any that would fit the profile of a JQ Regional operation. If there is sufficient demand on a route it would either be flown by QFLink or even QF already. Of those routes that Rex and the likes serve without QF competition, I do not see any that could sustain a 70-seater JQ prop. And if they could, given the high fares that Rex and the likes do charge on monopoly routes, why wouldn't QFLink operate it and charge a nice premium over what JQ could command? In NZ it only works because there is no QF domestic.

The only niche I can see is between mid-size/small markets, that are too small for both QF mainline and JQ A320s. Think LST-ADL, OOL-CBR, OOL-ROK, OOL-TSV, and the likes.

qf2220

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 am

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
[
Hmm interesting re the JV and AKL-LAX, QF would need a lot more 789’s unless they ran a 5 weekly 744 but really that’s to big and not efficient on a route like AKL-LAX. Re JQ regional it would be interesting to see how much feed they could put into such a service.

Do wonder that - if any?

Don't think with JQ's current reputation in the New Zealand regional market, that many people would be willing to risk the start of there trip on an JQ regional flight.

If Qantas was to re launch AKL-LAX (rather than AA doing it), I think it would probably be best to move away from the JQ brand on the New Zealand domestic flights either operate them as Qantas or use an different brand.

Strip off the JQ branding back to the original QantasLink branding!!

qf002

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 am

zkncj wrote:

JQ doesn't operate any Q300s. The entire Q200/300 fleet is operated by Eastern under the QFLink brand in Australia and under the JQ brand in New Zealand (to fit within the existing QF Group operation on that side of the ditch).

So what benefit would there be to launching the JQ regional brand here if the aircraft are operated at the same cost base as existing QFLink services? Fares are high, yields are healthy and REX operates in a very different part of the market as already noted. If QF wants to expand their regional footprint then they already have a strong brand to do so under.

qf2048

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:00 am

zkncj wrote:

I'm sure I read some years ago now that QF eventually will only operate the Q400 in the turbo prop department making it their smallest seat count plane. They still hold twice as many passengers as the REX s340's. The Q400 and even Q300 are to big for a lot of the REX routes. Would not work to places like Bathurst or Parkes, REX quite often combine these two flights into one making it a milk run, i'd say because they don't have enough people for two flights.

I'd like to see REX and QF actually cooperate or codeshare. QF are meant to be our national carrier but there's a lot of places they don't cover.
ZL,QF,KE,BA,AS,CX,FR,U2,W6,EI,IB,JL,AY,LH,AA,AC,FQ,DJ,JQ,LA,FJ,QS,NZ,NF,SB,PG,EK,AB

Obzerva

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:46 am

qf2048 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

I'm sure I read some years ago now that QF eventually will only operate the Q400 in the turbo prop department making it their smallest seat count plane. They still hold twice as many passengers as the REX s340's. The Q400 and even Q300 are to big for a lot of the REX routes. Would not work to places like Bathurst or Parkes, REX quite often combine these two flights into one making it a milk run, i'd say because they don't have enough people for two flights.

I'd like to see REX and QF actually cooperate or codeshare. QF are meant to be our national carrier but there's a lot of places they don't cover.

If REX is to co-operate with any airline, really don't think it should be QF, that would be hideous for competition and regional fares are already high enough, I also doubt it would get past the authorities. There's another airline that has reduced it's prop fleet recently that should be a more likely candidate, but can't see that happening either.

TN486

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:32 am

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
[
Hmm interesting re the JV and AKL-LAX, QF would need a lot more 789’s unless they ran a 5 weekly 744 but really that’s to big and not efficient on a route like AKL-LAX. Re JQ regional it would be interesting to see how much feed they could put into such a service.

Do wonder that - if any?

Don't think with JQ's current reputation in the New Zealand regional market, that many people would be willing to risk the start of there trip on an JQ regional flight.

If Qantas was to re launch AKL-LAX (rather than AA doing it), I think it would probably be best to move away from the JQ brand on the New Zealand domestic flights either operate them as Qantas or use an different brand.

Do you have some "hard" sources to back up the statement re JQ's current reputation in the NZ regional market?
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

travelhound

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 am

zkncj wrote:

I suspect Jetstar would be better off trying to further expand its operations in New Zealand rather than enter a new market where it would compete directly with QANTASlink.

Considering Jetstar has a relatively small share of the New Zealand market there should be opportunities to expand its operations there.

......which raises the question about Jetstar and its subsidiary airlines. We haven't seen much expansion from these airlines and even the announced expansion of Jetstar Japan and Pacific seem to be put on hold.

I wonder what strategic direction Alan Joyce has for these airlines.

bunumuring

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:13 am

Hey travelhound,
JQ's expansion is something I have been highly curious about for a while now too.
I think that the arrival of the neos will begin a new phase of expansion, with their increased capabilities and more economical operation compared to the ceos.
I still think that a few extra Dreamliners (at least three) are a possibility, probably -8s but maybe -9s or -10s depending upon the specific routes under consideration. -10s would be particularly suitable for Japan, I think.
Cheers,
Bunumuring.
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 am

bunumuring wrote:
Hey travelhound,
JQ's expansion is something I have been highly curious about for a while now too.
I think that the arrival of the neos will begin a new phase of expansion, with their increased capabilities and more economical operation compared to the ceos.
I still think that a few extra Dreamliners (at least three) are a possibility, probably -8s but maybe -9s or -10s depending upon the specific routes under consideration. -10s would be particularly suitable for Japan, I think.
Cheers,
Bunumuring.

If JQ got any more 787's I think they would be 788's, current configuration of the 788's is 335 seats, a 789 would seat around 375 and a 787-10 425. Personally I think both would be too big capacity wise, a 788 would be better as they could always increase frequency on a particular route
Forum Moderator

Flyingsottsman

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am

Happy new year to everyone, my predictions for 2018, wont happen I guess, but here goes, Air new Zealand reinstate flights out of Hobart great for Tasmanians having a one stop to the Americas or the Pacific instead of flying to the mainland. Will see more Chinese Airlines applying for rights to fly to Australia, more international flights out of Perth whether its Qantas or Jetstar, Virgin Australia to improve their balance books, more Qantas attention to Brisbane, more talk of TK to Sydney, and more Indonesian carriers also applying for rights to Australia mainly to Perth. Don't know if any of them will come to be but nice to have a guess, have a great 2018 everyone.

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 am

OAG most punctual airline ratings are out for 2017

Qantas came 2nd in Asia Pacific and 5th worldwide
Jetstar Asia 4th in Asia Pacific and 8th worldwide
Virgin came 10th in Asia Pacific

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... ic-9842406
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am

After DRW having 2 carriers announcing services terminated in the near future to DRW, Silkair has announced that flights will be increased to 6 weekly

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/singapore ... e2755c2640

Silkair plans to operate daily flights to CNS by the end of the year

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/singa ... 5de6c2dc00
Forum Moderator

travelhound

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:00 pm

CAPA recently had an article stating Jetstar could use the 787-9 in their fleet.

I agree QANTAS could be treading water until the NEO's come, but have to admit I am a little unsure of where they will be placed. QANTAS have already announced 45 of the current A320CEO will have their cabins upgraded with the remaining eight or sixteen (id we include the A321) aircraft to be replaced with the NEO.

I can see an additional 6-10 aircraft for the Australia/New Zealand market, but suspect the market might need 2-4 years to absorb all of these aircraft.

travelhound

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:11 pm

If Air New Zealand cancel their codeshare / JV with Virgin Australia as has been reported, VA could withdraw from the New Zealand market leaving Jetstar and QANTAS to fill the void

zkncj

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:01 pm

travelhound wrote:
zkncj wrote:

I suspect Jetstar would be better off trying to further expand its operations in New Zealand rather than enter a new market where it would compete directly with QANTASlink.

Considering Jetstar has a relatively small share of the New Zealand market there should be opportunities to expand its operations there.

......which raises the question about Jetstar and its subsidiary airlines. We haven't seen much expansion from these airlines and even the announced expansion of Jetstar Japan and Pacific seem to be put on hold.

I wonder what strategic direction Alan Joyce has for these airlines.

Jetstar New Zealand has in-fact scaled back parts of its regional operation dropping frequently last year, basically NZ was able to walk over them with upping most flights on Jetstar routes to ATR 72-600s and effectually selling fares at the same level as JQ.

Crackshot

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:25 pm

A Malaysia Airlines source has announced a return to BNE with the A330, starting 6 June http://malaysiandigest.com/business/716697-mas-to-fly-to-brisbane-from-june-6.html?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=

A Courier Mail article has apparently confirmed this (although it announced April?), I only got a look at the article before it went behind a paywall. Link might not be good, sorry (https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/cou ... =anonymous).

Have to stay tuned for more announcements - but this is good news if true, figured this was a matter of when not if.

Mr AirNZ

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm

travelhound wrote:
If Air New Zealand cancel their codeshare / JV with Virgin Australia as has been reported, VA could withdraw from the New Zealand market leaving Jetstar and QANTAS to fill the void

No, as has been SPECULATED by some members. Quite different.

The cancellation of the joint venture will no doubt come as a great surprise to teams in both airlines currently working on the renewal process.

LionelHutz

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:00 pm

qf789 wrote:
After DRW having 2 carriers announcing services terminated in the near future to DRW, Silkair has announced that flights will be increased to 6 weekly

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/singapore ... e2755c2640

Silkair plans to operate daily flights to CNS by the end of the year

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/singa ... 5de6c2dc00

As a Darwin resident who frequently uses Silk Air, this is very good news! :D

Crackshot

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 pm

OK just re-read the article (http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/malaysia-airlines-returns-to-brisbane-in-coup-for-queensland-tourism/news-story/e272380bcb590b9c9324f845247a8f55, better link BTW) which quotes several government and airport officials confirming the route and a start date of April.

sq256

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:17 pm

Mr AirNZ wrote:
travelhound wrote:

No, as has been SPECULATED by some members. Quite different.

The cancellation of the joint venture will no doubt come as a great surprise to teams in both airlines currently working on the renewal process.

Even if the Luxon and Borghetti feud further detoriates to an extent where the Tran-Tasman JV does get cancelled, VA is not likely to withdrew from the NZ market as Delta and the SkyTeam interline and/or codeshare partners would still want NZ feed.

VA flights would just be re-timed to feed into the Skyteam bank of flights should the JV eventually be cancelled by the end of 2018.

However, FFs from both airlines can expect no points on non Trans-Tasman flights to continue if the JV does get renewed, since the points on non Trans-Tasman were cancelled by both carriers when NZ exited the VA shareholding over a year ago.

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:00 am

Crackshot wrote:
OK just re-read the article (http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/malaysia-airlines-returns-to-brisbane-in-coup-for-queensland-tourism/news-story/e272380bcb590b9c9324f845247a8f55, better link BTW) which quotes several government and airport officials confirming the route and a start date of April.

It will begin 6 June 18, 4 weekly to start with

MH135 KUL950-1950BNE 333 x247
MH134 BNE2320-550+1KUL 333 x247

https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airli ... ource=hero

http://newsroom.bne.com.au/brisbane-air ... -airlines/
Forum Moderator

DavidByrne

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:42 am

zkncj wrote:

Let's face it: AA is not going to hand over AKL-LAX to QF (they don't have the aircraft to do that job) and JQ is not going to disappear in NZ, neither will it be replaced by the QF brand (been there, done that) nor by a new brand (why on earth would they want another . . . ?). So relax, people.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

planemanofnz

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 am

HBA aiming to get a long-haul flight to Asia by 2022.

See: https://blueswandaily.com/hobart-airpor ... ng-demand/.

I could see a 3 x weekly service on SQ developing.

Cheers,

C.

Bluebird191

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:38 am

planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I’m also throwing CZ into the mix as a potential option, maybe HU as an outside option. The outbound tourism market from China is huge, and CZ could be in a better spot to offer more Australian destinations than say CA and MU as they’re more focused on SYD, MEL and building BNE. Heck, CZ could even look at DRW from their huge hub in CAN - Donghai Airlines have mooted DRW from SZX with the Max8, so CZ could look at DRW with their Max8’s.

planemanofnz

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:44 am

Bluebird191 wrote:
I’m also throwing CZ into the mix as a potential option, maybe HU as an outside option. The outbound tourism market from China is huge, and CZ could be in a better spot to offer more Australian destinations than say CA and MU as they’re more focused on SYD, MEL and building BNE. Heck, CZ could even look at DRW from their huge hub in CAN - Donghai Airlines have mooted DRW from SZX with the Max8, so CZ could look at DRW with their Max8’s.

IMO, SQ is far more likely to get to HBA, ahead of a Chinese airline doing so.

The likes of CZ do not even fly to CBR or OOL yet (which the SQ Group does).

Cheers,

C.

tullamarine

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 am

Drove past the BAE Systems hangar at MEL this morning and there was an EK A380 nosed in. Does anyone know why it is there? Has there been a technical issue meaning it can't get back to DXB?
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

EK413

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:50 am

planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Nothing stopping QR from jumping on board just like DOH-SYD-CBR service. But yeah it did mention Asian destination.

EK413

qf2220

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:16 am

Re HBA, what about some sort of CBR-HBA tag?

waoz1

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 am

Wasn't HBA trying to get a Perth flight to tag on to London?
Is that not going to happen?

planemanofnz

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:47 am

EK413 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Nothing stopping QR from jumping on board just like DOH-SYD-CBR service. But yeah it did mention Asian destination.

EK413

The only reason for CBR was the fact that the bilateral gave QR 7 additional frequencies to a tier one city, if a regional city was tagged.

With DOH - SYD - CBR, those rights are now used up, so it is unlikely that QR would bother to launch a route like DOH - MEL - HBA.

Cheers,

C.

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 am

ACCC to pay close attention to excessive fees for changing and canceling flights and refusing to provide refunds

https://www.ausbt.com.au/accc-signals-c ... ource=hero
Forum Moderator

zkncj

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:18 am

sq256 wrote:
Even if the Luxon and Borghetti feud further detoriates to an extent where the Tran-Tasman JV does get cancelled, VA is not likely to withdrew from the NZ market as Delta and the SkyTeam interline and/or codeshare partners would still want NZ feed.

VA flights would just be re-timed to feed into the Skyteam bank of flights should the JV eventually be cancelled by the end of 2018.

Luxon vs Broghetti is almost worth an TV show on Barvo!

Defiantly agree that flights would be retimed, along with some route adjustments e.g. would DUD-BNE stay or go?

Would love to know the percent on New Zealand based passengers on VA Tasman flights that we're booked via NZ rather than directly with VA.

However, FFs from both airlines can expect no points on non Trans-Tasman flights to continue if the JV does get renewed, since the points on non Trans-Tasman were cancelled by both carriers when NZ exited the VA shareholding over a year ago.

NZ Members do earn VA points on flights within Australia.

Sydscott

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:27 am

bunumuring wrote:
Hey travelhound,
Cheers,
Bunumuring.

The Jetstar Asian Operations have had a consolidating 2017 with relatively few route additions.

At 3K they've added in Okinawa, Hat Yai and Clark service without expanding their fleet. They seem to be concentrating on connecting more dots to Singapore which makes sense given QF's return of SIN-LHR service this year.

At GK the biggest announcement for the year was a future hub operation at Nagoya. No details yet because in Japan these things take a while to get done but I'd assume we'll see an announcement and new services from NGO this year. 2017 has seen NRT-PVG and NRT-KMI added to the network. GK seems to be focused on profitability to justify the new aircraft.

Jetstar Pacific is the most interesting one however. From the announcements they have made this year, and the recent decision to lease out or sell aircraft due to competition, (read Vietjet-Air's rapid expansion), it appears that Vietnam Airlines is very much using them like JQ is used in Australia. ie supplemental flying on trunk routes while taking the commercial risk at secondary destinations / charters. In that vein although they have expanded domestically and regionally, it looks like there are just too many planes coming into Vietnam for Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific to get decent returns out of at the moment. Even with the expansion of Jetstar Pacifics Chinese Charter program and linkages such as DAD-KIX to link in with the broader Jetstar network it appears that their expansion will be a bit muted in 2018 so it'll be interesting to see where they forecast their fleet to be at the year end and how aggressively they continue their regional expansion.

So overall it'll be interesting to see where the Jetstar Asian carriers go this year. GK has a new hub at NGO to flesh out, 3K is focusing on profits while a/c go through heavy maintenance and I'm not sure where Jetstar Pacific will end up fleet wise. So it'll be an interesting year.

vossitch

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:39 am

Hi All,

Long time lurker, thought I'd join the ranks of poster today...

I'm off to LAX next week with Virgin, does anyone know if of their 777 (other than VH-VPE) has been fitted with WiFi yet? An article from AusBT in early December indicated a second would be completed by end of December 17 but I haven't seen anything about it.

Thanks.

Cheers.

EK413

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 am

planemanofnz wrote:
EK413 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

EK413

The only reason for CBR was the fact that the bilateral gave QR 7 additional frequencies to a tier one city, if a regional city was tagged.

With DOH - SYD - CBR, those rights are now used up, so it is unlikely that QR would bother to launch a route like DOH - MEL - HBA.

Cheers,

C.

Wasn’t aware the option has been exhausted with all the talk of QR potential to launch BNE via a regional city. (Not that I’m suggesting DOH-BNE-HBA)

EK413

ArtV

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:37 am

Is there a ready reference to the total number of aircraft (and types) flying in Jetstar colours anywhere - including the Asian, AUS and NZ ops?

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:44 am

ArtV wrote:
Is there a ready reference to the total number of aircraft (and types) flying in Jetstar colours anywhere - including the Asian, AUS and NZ ops?

try the Jetstar source

http://thejetstarsource.com/aircraft.html
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:59 am

QF64 JNB-SYD has diverted to MEL
Forum Moderator

Sydscott

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:08 am

qf789 wrote:
ArtV wrote:

try the Jetstar source

http://thejetstarsource.com/aircraft.html

The totals are wrong on 3 counts:

- Jetstar Japan is at 21 not 20;
- Jetstar Pacific is at 17;
- Jetstar Asia is at 18.

Slide 20 has the information you are after as of 25 August.

http://investor.qantas.com/FormBuilder/ ... entary.pdf

grjplanes

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:32 am

qf789 wrote:
QF64 JNB-SYD has diverted to MEL

Probably had to do with the heatwave conditions JNB experienced. Some flights departing JNB yesterday on long haul flights were delayed until cooling off somewhat. CX JNB-HKG also diverted to BKK due to this

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos