SmithAir747

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: ATA L-1011s, TWA L-1011s...

Are L-1011s the biggest pax aircraft that have visited IND historically? Or DC-10s? Who else used widebodies at IND, and what were all the pax widebody types ever used there?

Back in 1999 or 2000, I once saw a UA 767; UA were using these on ORD-IND services for a while.

Back in the ATA days, I saw an L-1011 boarding for a LGW flight.

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

Indy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 am

The ATA L1011 was the biggest in terms of passengers. Not sure if that will ever be beat here.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

zackary747

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 am

Delta added IND-SEA.

Looks like a June 18 start-up. A319 equipment.

https://www.google.com/flights/#search; ... o;s=0;so=t
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr

Midwestindy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 am

zackary747 wrote:
Delta added IND-SEA.

Wow, I mean I knew it was in the works, but I didn't know it would happen so soon!

Kudos to DL on this one, I'm really impressed with what they have done at IND over the past year. With only their baseline schedule it appears for July that DL will be at around 15% YOY capacity increase which is very solid. Now, IND has service to all the hubs (except CVG for obvious reasons), plus RDU/MCO/RSW/MIA/CUN, and the CDG flight. I'd like to see more p2p from them, but I am sure it is on the way.
DL DM, AA Gold 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....

zackary747

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:38 am

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Delta added IND-SEA.

Wow, I mean I knew it was in the works, but I didn't know it would happen so soon!

Kudos to DL on this one, I'm really impressed with what they have done at IND over the past year. With only their baseline schedule it appears for July that DL will be at around 15% YOY capacity increase which is very solid. Now, IND has service to all the hubs (except CVG for obvious reasons), plus RDU/MCO/RSW/MIA/CUN, and the CDG flight. I'd like to see more p2p from them, but I am sure it is on the way.

What's weird is that it takes Google Flights around 5 days to pick up the new route(s) off the airlines schedule. So, this was easily added 5 days ago yet nothing was announced. So, do they have more for that reason? (Network wide, not just IND wide.)

ibthebigd

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:41 am

Hopefully it will be in today's OAG Thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Midwestindy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:46 am

zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Delta added IND-SEA.

What's weird is that it takes Google Flights around 5 days to pick up the new route(s) off the airlines schedule. So, this was easily added 5 days ago yet nothing was announced. So, do they have more for that reason? (Network wide, not just IND wide.)

Well for G4 and F9 it takes a few days for Google flights to add in the new routes, but for DL/AA/UA it is usually changed within minutes. For example, a few weeks ago I was looking at flights on IND-RDU on a Saturday morning, and DL made a change to the flights while I was on the website, so I went over to Google flights to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me and Google Flights had already added the change in on their website. So, I assume (maybe wrongfully so) that anything they have added for this week is already in their schedule.
DL DM, AA Gold 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....

zackary747

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 am

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Well for G4 and F9 it takes a few days for Google flights to add in the new routes, but for DL/AA/UA it is usually changed within minutes. For example, a few weeks ago I was looking at flights on IND-RDU on a Saturday morning, and DL made a change to the flights while I was on the website, so I went over to Google flights to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me and Google Flights had already added the change in on their website. So, I assume (maybe wrongfully so) that anything they have added for this week is already in their schedule.

It took IND-CDG a couple days to appear on the Google end, so maybe it depends on the route, etc.

Midwestindy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:06 pm

As zackary747 posted on the Spotters page here are the new routes (so far) that are starting this year
CUN-WN-March 10th
CHS-G4-April 6th
AUS-WN-April 8th
SRQ-G4-April 11th
CDG-DL-May 24th
OAK-WN-July 15th
SEA-DL-June 18th
Hopefully this list will grow as the year goes on

West Coast service is pretty remarkable, considering a year ago IND had 1x flight to SFO, and nothing to SAN or SEA. And in around a year, IND now has at peak 2x daily to SEA, 4x daily to Bay Area, plus 4x daily to LAX, 1x seasonal to SAN, 3x-5x daily to LAS, 6x daily to PHX/AZA, 8x daily to DEN, and 1x daily to SLC...it looks like IND's decision to make west coast service a focus is paying dividends!
Last edited by Midwestindy on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibthebigd

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:10 pm

You forgot LAS which is 3 or 4 a day maybe more

SumChristianus

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Delta added IND-SEA.

Great: SEA demand is very seasonal though; will both DL and AS stick around in winter though?
Do you think they will keep SLC on mainline year round as SEA, as well as MSP and LAX serve generally the same markets via connections beyond.
Maybe I'm just not confident enough in market growth, but I'm a little worried about the sustainability of the flights out of IND.

I just wish UA would be as aggressive as the rest of the carriers out of IND. Besides F9, which is unpredictable, every carrier except UA has been recording great growth from Indianapolis.
A Traddie wannaby---UA DL LH NW AA --- Next DEN-IND (to be decided) Any suggestions?
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"

Indy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Great: SEA demand is very seasonal though; will both DL and AS stick around in winter though?
Do you think they will keep SLC on mainline year round as SEA, as well as MSP and LAX serve generally the same markets via connections beyond.
Maybe I'm just not confident enough in market growth, but I'm a little worried about the sustainability of the flights out of IND.

I just wish UA would be as aggressive as the rest of the carriers out of IND. Besides F9, which is unpredictable, every carrier except UA has been recording great growth from Indianapolis.

I'm not sure SEA is as seasonal as some might think. I think there is cruise traffic that might be seasonal, but there is a lot of tech business as well as connections to Asia. Plus the nonstop service will likely stimulate additional demand. I believe this new daily year round service should be fine. It might start a little slow (possibly), but there should be enough demand built up to support 2x daily to a market the size and strength of SEA.

Midwestindy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Delta added IND-SEA.

What will probably happen is that DL will run IND-SEA 4x-6x weekly during winter, and then (in the future) replace the A319 with the Cseries if they need to, but if anything they will likely upguage rather than downguage. But from March-October I am sure the LFs will be good.

The only change I have seen with regards to SLC, is that it has gone from an A320 to an A319, but it still shows mainline through December.

UA is pretty maxed out at IND, I cant blame them. They admittedly want to add IND-LAX, but that could be a struggle for them

Jshank83

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm

zackary747 wrote:

From a MCI person, Delta is putting out a press release tomorrow. Kind of strange the routes show up first but whatever.

Midwestindy

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

From a MCI person, Delta is putting out a press release tomorrow. Kind of strange the routes show up first but whatever.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep a lookout.

Indy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 am

Now that DL has added SEA, is there any chance that PDX is next for them? Or is that going to require an airline like Alaska to add the route?

Jshank83

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am

Indy wrote:
Now that DL has added SEA, is there any chance that PDX is next for them? Or is that going to require an airline like Alaska to add the route?

Probably AS, DL only flies to hubs from PDX. They don't even fly to the Bay Area or Chicago from PDX.

Indy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Indy wrote:

Probably AS, DL only flies to hubs from PDX. They don't even fly to the Bay Area or Chicago from PDX.

DL has quite a bit of service out of PDX. In addition to SLC, ATL and DTW, they fly to HNL, MEX, LAS, LAX, SEA and one of the NY airports. That doesn't count their Asia and Europe service.

Midwestindy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Indy wrote:

Probably AS, DL only flies to hubs from PDX.

Well they do fly to HNL from there, but DL still doesn't fly PDX-RDU/CVG/BOS. If it could be done on an RJ, maybe, but an A319 on a long thin route with very few connections on either end is probably too risky for DL. If I was a betting man, I would say LAS/TPA/BDL-IND look like the safest bets if DL is planning any additional routes, followed by AUS/FLL/SAT.

AS will probably add that by 2019-2020, though..
Last edited by Midwestindy on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Well they do fly to HNL from there, but DL still doesn't fly PDX-RDU/CVG/BOS. If I was a betting man, I would say LAS/TPA/BDL-IND look like the safest bets if DL is planning any additional routes, followed by AUS/FLL/SAT.

I could go along with that. I'd like to see AS pick up PDX and SAN.

Jshank83

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:58 am

Indy wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Indy wrote:

DL has quite a bit of service out of PDX. In addition to SLC, ATL and DTW, they fly to HNL, MEX, LAS, LAX, SEA and one of the NY airports. That doesn't count their Asia and Europe service.

Those are all DL hubs except MEX (which isn't run on DL its run on AeroMexico as a codeshare). I don't see any DL service that has to LAS-PDX . HNL-PDX might be some seasonal that isn't showing up right now though. Even the international are to DL hubs (AMS, Tokyo). Only LHR isn't and it is seasonal.

jplatts

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:18 am

Midwestindy wrote:
UA is pretty maxed out at IND, I cant blame them. They admittedly want to add IND-LAX, but that could be a struggle for them

In addition, IND also already has nonstop service to LAX on AA, DL, and WN.

Midwestindy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 am

Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Well they do fly to HNL from there, but DL still doesn't fly PDX-RDU/CVG/BOS. If I was a betting man, I would say LAS/TPA/BDL-IND look like the safest bets if DL is planning any additional routes, followed by AUS/FLL/SAT.

I could go along with that. I'd like to see AS pick up PDX and SAN.

Unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable on AS, but I know it was mentioned in the spotters page that IND said that multiple airlines are looking to put some more routes through Indy, including some longer-haul routes. Plus the fact that it was said last year that Alaska was heavily considering adding an IND-PDX route that would be added sometime in 2018, means that an announcement on PDX should come sooner rather than later.

I don't see SAN-IND being a huge priority for AS, I think WN will probably go daily by the end of this year, and then AS might hop on that route next year.

Maybe we will get more clues tomorrow, if IND puts out a press release for the IND-SEA flight

ibthebigd

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:40 am

Hopefully Southwest will extend SAN in the next schedule release

SumChristianus

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 am

jplatts wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

In addition, IND also already has nonstop service to LAX on AA, DL, and WN.

UA's is unlikely, but how about a weekly Saturday/Sunday service with plane time taken from an SFO frequency?
I doubt they would do it though.
G4 to LAX, F9 to ONT (hardly though), and AS to LAX could enter the IND-Southern California market in some form.

That's pretty much every airline that serves IND!
A Traddie wannaby---UA DL LH NW AA --- Next DEN-IND (to be decided) Any suggestions?

Indy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable on AS, but I know it was mentioned in the spotters page that IND said that multiple airlines are looking to put some more routes through Indy, including some longer-haul routes. Plus the fact that it was said last year that Alaska was heavily considering adding an IND-PDX route that would be added sometime in 2018, means that an announcement on PDX should come sooner rather than later.

I don't see SAN-IND being a huge priority for AS, I think WN will probably go daily by the end of this year, and then AS might hop on that route next year.

Maybe we will get more clues tomorrow, if IND puts out a press release for the IND-SEA flight

Longer-haul? How much longer can you get when you already fly SFO and SEA? PDX would be on par with those other two routes when it comes to distance. Unless you are thinking of something seasonal to ANC.

IndyHoosier

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:04 am

Indy wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

I'm not sure SEA is as seasonal as some might think. I think there is cruise traffic that might be seasonal, but there is a lot of tech business as well as connections to Asia. Plus the nonstop service will likely stimulate additional demand. I believe this new daily year round service should be fine. It might start a little slow (possibly), but there should be enough demand built up to support 2x daily to a market the size and strength of SEA.

The DL IND-SEA flight is an evening flight that isn't timed for Asian connections. I wonder why they didn't go with a morning flight.

Jshank83

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 am

Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Longer-haul? How much longer can you get when you already fly SFO and SEA? PDX would be on par with those other two routes when it comes to distance. Unless you are thinking of something seasonal to ANC.

I think midwest means it as saying just long-haul (West Coast) in general, not necessarily longer than those.

indygs

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:47 am

I think the real reason DL is on the IND-SEA route now is AS. Just look at the fares right now--DL is low-balling AS significantly and because of a much larger network, they have the ability to take that tact. AS, on the other hand, is a relatively new entrant to the market (if you're IND based) and has 1x to SEA and 1x to SFO. If you're a frequent flier that ever heads East, you'll want to give your $$ to an airline that can give you a bit more when it comes to options.

Similarly, AS would have incentive to add more IND-based routes to try and build a base of loyal flyers in IND on its own. This is where it gets tough, I think, because in a way they're sandwiched in between DL and WN. They could add PDX (DL could retaliate) and SAN (WN might retaliate) but then where would they go?

I love having AS at IND and I really hope that DL's service (and the retaliation to me is ever so evident just in the timing of the flight) helps complement, not cannibalize, AS and the early success they've enjoyed.

Midwestindy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

indygs wrote:
I think the real reason DL is on the IND-SEA route now is AS. Just look at the fares right now--DL is low-balling AS significantly and because of a much larger network, they have the ability to take that tact. AS, on the other hand, is a relatively new entrant to the market (if you're IND based) and has 1x to SEA and 1x to SFO. If you're a frequent flier that ever heads East, you'll want to give your $$ to an airline that can give you a bit more when it comes to options.

Similarly, AS would have incentive to add more IND-based routes to try and build a base of loyal flyers in IND on its own. This is where it gets tough, I think, because in a way they're sandwiched in between DL and WN. They could add PDX (DL could retaliate) and SAN (WN might retaliate) but then where would they go?

I love having AS at IND and I really hope that DL's service (and the retaliation to me is ever so evident just in the timing of the flight) helps complement, not cannibalize, AS and the early success they've enjoyed.

AS has a partnership with AA, so any AA FFs get miles if they fly on AS.

Midwestindy

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm

IndyHoosier wrote:
Indy wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

The DL IND-SEA flight is an evening flight that isn't timed for Asian connections. I wonder why they didn't go with a morning flight.

Because they want to directly compete with AS

jplatts

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
AS has a partnership with AA, so any AA FFs get miles if they fly on AS.

There have been some changes to the AS-AA partnership in 2018. AAdvantage miles can now only be earned on AS flights booked through AA with an AA flight number, and AS Mileage Plan miles can only be earned on AA international flights an AA domestic flights booked through AS with an AS flight number.

SumChristianus

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:51 am

IND-IAD has been seasonally reduced to 3x daily (2x on weekends) on UA
IND-IAD
10:35 AM CR7 x67
2:20 PM ERJ
7:50 AM CR7

IND-MDW was at 3x day on WN earlier this month, but appears back at 2x daily for the rest of the year.
IND-SFO on Virgin America has moved back to an earlier 4:20 PM departure from IND than the previous ~8 PM departure.

DL is significantly undercutting Alaska by 30% to 50% on SEA

Jshank83

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:33 am

SumChristianus wrote:

IND-MDW was at 3x day on WN earlier this month, but appears back at 2x

I had no clue this is all they ran to mdw. I just assumed it was at least 4x daily.

I also didn't realize they aren't running MCI-IND on Saturdays either.

Surprises me a little. Not that it is a far drive to Chicago, I just figured they would run more through there.

Midwestindy

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 am

Jshank83 wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

IND-MDW was at 3x day on WN earlier this month, but appears back at 2x

I had no clue this is all they ran to mdw. I just assumed it was at least 4x daily.

I also didn't realize they aren't running MCI-IND on Saturdays either.

Surprises me a little. Not that it is a far drive to Chicago, I just figured they would run more through there.

IND-Chicago is a pretty small O&D market, so most of the IND-MDW flights are connecting pax, because most leisure travelers just drive it. Plus, with flights from IND-MCI/DEN/OAK/LAX/PHX/e.t.c overflying MDW there is less of a need to connect in MDW.

Jshank83

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Here is the Delta Press release on Seattle flights

http://news.delta.com/delta-s-seattle-g ... aight-year

Midwestindy

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:54 pm

http://s1.q4cdn.com/231238688/files/doc ... script.pdf

According to the Q4 earnings call for DL, they are trying to get rid of fleet complexity in their network (notably non-hub stations). So expect to see most if not all the mainline flying after the summer, other than CDG, to be on an A319, B737ER, B717, or MD88(only to ATL, all the MD88s will be based in ATL soon), rather than MD90s, A320s, 757s, e.t.c

Also, expect to see more point-to-point service added from DL to further bolster the CDG flight...

FLYKTPA

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 am

Midwestindy wrote:
http://s1.q4cdn.com/231238688/files/doc_presentations/2017/Delta-Air-Lines-Q4-2017-Earnings-Call-Transcript.pdf

According to the Q4 earnings call for DL, they are trying to get rid of fleet complexity in their network (notably non-hub stations). So expect to see most if not all the mainline flying after the summer, other than CDG, to be on an A319, B737ER, B717, or MD88(only to ATL, all the MD88s will be based in ATL soon), rather than MD90s, A320s, 757s, e.t.c

Also, expect to see more point-to-point service added from DL to further bolster the CDG flight...

I would love to see DL add IND-TPA daily on a 717 or CRJ 900.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
http://s1.q4cdn.com/231238688/files/doc_presentations/2017/Delta-Air-Lines-Q4-2017-Earnings-Call-Transcript.pdf

I would love to see DL add IND-TPA daily on a 717 or CRJ 900.

That would be a pretty safe add, surprised it hasn't been added back yet. It would probably be on a CR9 to start with, but you never know because the trend has been to upguage the p2p routes.

zackary747

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 am

Does anyone know when the 2017 passenger numbers will be released to the public?

ibthebigd

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

Usually in March I think

Indy

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:32 pm

This relates to IND because it would mean a big service boost..... Indianapolis was named a finalist in the battle to land Amazon's HQ2.

zackary747

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Indy wrote:
This relates to IND because it would mean a big service boost..... Indianapolis was named a finalist in the battle to land Amazon's HQ2.

We have 19 more cities to fight off!

fedex1

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 am

What service would be added IF, I said IF Indianapolis was to land Amazon HQ2. . . ?

ADrum23

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:05 am

fedex1 wrote:
What service would be added IF, I said IF Indianapolis was to land Amazon HQ2. . . ?

I don't know, but I'd say Indianapolis and Columbus (and I'd maybe even throw Nashville in) have a decent shot because of the close proximity to the CVG Amazon cargo hub. Since Cincinnati was not in the running (why, I don't know), Indianapolis or Columbus would be the next best thing.

fedex1

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 am

Don’t forget Amazon has a huge facility in Whitestown employes a couple thousand people....

ADrum23

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am

fedex1 wrote:
Don’t forget Amazon has a huge facility in Whitestown employes a couple thousand people....

Nashville does as well via suburban Murfreesboro. Amazon has a fair amount of distribution centers in a lot of the finalist cities, I don't think that will be an overriding factor one way or another.

stlgph

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:32 am

If Indianapolis was to land the headquarters, I think you would see a lot LESS than you may think when it comes to air service additions. There are obvious additions and boosts, of course - perhaps another Seattle flight and perhaps a bump up to larger planes from here to NYC.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Indy

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 am

It really depends on Amazon corporate travel tendencies. If they do a lot of travel, this could be enough to put IND over the hump and land service to NRT or some other Asian hub. There is already a decent amount of travel between central Indiana and Asia. Maybe someone can chime in with the Asia numbers.

Midwestindy

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:26 am

ADrum23 wrote:
fedex1 wrote:

Nashville does as well via suburban Murfreesboro. Amazon has a fair amount of distribution centers in a lot of the finalist cities, I don't think that will be an overriding factor one way or another.

Both cities have 3 distribution centers for Amazon

fedex1 wrote:

It's nice that IND is in the top 20 but It isn't going to happen, I would give it a 50-60% chance it goes to either ATL or BOS. If it did end up happening I doubt you would see a ton of new routes. Mostly just upguaging and increased frequencies on important East/West Coast flights.. Not saying HQ2 wouldn't have an impact on air travel, because whichever city they decide to put HQ2 will see at least an additional 20-40 million dollars worth of corporate travel a year.

Indy wrote:
It really depends on Amazon corporate travel tendencies. If they do a lot of travel, this could be enough to put IND over the hump and land service to NRT or some other Asian hub. There is already a decent amount of travel between central Indiana and Asia. Maybe someone can chime in with the Asia numbers.

Amazon is a pretty large corporate travel spender #19th largest in the US, but 75-80% of their travel is within the US so wherever HQ2 goes shouldn't have a massive impact on Asia travel from that city.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos