GSM605
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:55 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm

810p departure arriving 900p. I did a quick look and that is later than any other carrier (AY, F9 - although can’t book past 8/10 yet -, DL and UA). As someone noted, you can still connect to the west coast. It will be interesting to see how many folks want that late a flight. I have a feeling that MDW will be more palatable for most for connections but that doesn’t spell doom for this new service. It’s not THAT late (UA’s SFO flight only leaves an hour earlier). Interesting add given the 4 others already operating the route. I don’t know if any are necessarily in trouble given the timing of the WN flight. There may in fact end up being room for a fifth.
 
User avatar
boscmh
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Some photos below from twitter of this morning's NK launch,

Image

Image

Image
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks for the pics! I didn't realize there was a podium to the left of the door at B35. There used to be one which served both gates between the two from the NW days, which AA later used when they briefly used B35.

If anyone wondered as to how NK aircraft would flow through CMH, N504NK is getting quite acquainted with CMH. It's running ALL the inaugurals: FLL-CMH-MCO-CMH-RSW-CMH-TPA-CMH-FLL-CMH-LAS the next two days. And:

https://twitter.com/columbusairport/sta ... 5174112256

That's the stuff. About damn time we get one of those at CMH.

e- Oh wow, the random ticket giveaways at NK's counter are for travel today. The winner boards the flight. (And they charge for the bag. The irony. :lol: )
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 pm

LF's for November, here are some highlights for CVG:

Allegiant (new routes):
CVG-LAX: 91.1%
CVG-RDU: 83.7%
CVG-PVD: 83.0%

Delta:
Overall, pretty impressive offseason loads for many of these routes! Bold is seeing capacity upguage next year, underline is seeing decrease.
CVG-IAH: 83.9%
CVG-RDU: 83.3%
CVG-DFW: 82.5%
CVG-JFK: 81.9% (I really wish they would go more than 1x/day on this routes, makes JFK connections a pain)
CVG-MKE: 81.8% (WOW, this route continues to climb, surely a 2nd daily is on the horizon?)

CVG-BWI: 75.3%
CVG-STL: 74.9%

CVG-ORD: 74.6%
CVG-PHL: 72.9%
CVG-EWR: 72.7%
CVG-MCI: 71.3%
CVG-STL: 70.6%

CVG-CLT: 68.7%
CVG-BDL: 64.6%
CVG-BNA: 58.3%

CVG-MEM: 47.4%
CVG-XNA: 46.6%


Frontier:
CVG-MIA: 81.8%

OneJet:
CVG-PIT: 61.1%

Southwest:
CVG-BWI: 68.6%
CVG-MDW: 68.2%
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2450
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 pm

cvgComair wrote:
LF's for November, here are some highlights for CVG:

Allegiant (new routes):
CVG-LAX: 91.1%
CVG-RDU: 83.7%
CVG-PVD: 83.0%

Delta:
Overall, pretty impressive offseason loads for many of these routes! Bold is seeing capacity upguage next year, underline is seeing decrease.
CVG-IAH: 83.9%
CVG-RDU: 83.3%
CVG-DFW: 82.5%
CVG-JFK: 81.9% (I really wish they would go more than 1x/day on this routes, makes JFK connections a pain)
CVG-MKE: 81.8% (WOW, this route continues to climb, surely a 2nd daily is on the horizon?)

CVG-BWI: 75.3%
CVG-STL: 74.9%

CVG-ORD: 74.6%
CVG-PHL: 72.9%
CVG-EWR: 72.7%
CVG-MCI: 71.3%
CVG-STL: 70.6%

CVG-CLT: 68.7%
CVG-BDL: 64.6%
CVG-BNA: 58.3%

CVG-MEM: 47.4%
CVG-XNA: 46.6%



There seems to be a disparity between the inbound and outbound LFs
For example
CVG-DFW was 82.5%, but DFW-CVG was 70.3%
CVG-MKE was 81.8%, but MKE-CVG was 66.5%
CVG-STL was 74.9%, but STL-CVG was 66.6%
CVG-BNA was 58.3%, but BNA-CVG was 44.6%, e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c

Probably makes more sense to include both inbound and outbound in order to present a fuller picture

Anyway though I noticed F9s total average inbound LF for November at CVG was at 89.9%, and outbound was 89.2%, definitely strong!
2018: AMS, ATL, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, FRA, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MAD, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....
 
jplatts
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
There seems to be a disparity between the inbound and outbound LFs
For example
CVG-DFW was 82.5%, but DFW-CVG was 70.3%


One reason for the disparity in load factors is that some of the passengers on the CVG-DFW nonstop flights were connecting to DFW through CVG on DL. In addition, there might be some passengers making return trips to CVG from DAL on DL through ATL or on WN through MDW.

Another reason that might explain the disparity in load factors is that some of the passengers are connecting from CVG through DFW on AA, but returning back to CVG on AA through ORD or CLT.
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 am

Midwestindy wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
LF's for November, here are some highlights for CVG:

Allegiant (new routes):
CVG-LAX: 91.1%
CVG-RDU: 83.7%
CVG-PVD: 83.0%

Delta:
Overall, pretty impressive offseason loads for many of these routes! Bold is seeing capacity upguage next year, underline is seeing decrease.
CVG-IAH: 83.9%
CVG-RDU: 83.3%
CVG-DFW: 82.5%
CVG-JFK: 81.9% (I really wish they would go more than 1x/day on this routes, makes JFK connections a pain)
CVG-MKE: 81.8% (WOW, this route continues to climb, surely a 2nd daily is on the horizon?)

CVG-BWI: 75.3%
CVG-STL: 74.9%

CVG-ORD: 74.6%
CVG-PHL: 72.9%
CVG-EWR: 72.7%
CVG-MCI: 71.3%
CVG-STL: 70.6%

CVG-CLT: 68.7%
CVG-BDL: 64.6%
CVG-BNA: 58.3%

CVG-MEM: 47.4%
CVG-XNA: 46.6%



There seems to be a disparity between the inbound and outbound LFs
For example
CVG-DFW was 82.5%, but DFW-CVG was 70.3%
CVG-MKE was 81.8%, but MKE-CVG was 66.5%
CVG-STL was 74.9%, but STL-CVG was 66.6%
CVG-BNA was 58.3%, but BNA-CVG was 44.6%, e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c

Probably makes more sense to include both inbound and outbound in order to present a fuller picture

Anyway though I noticed F9s total average inbound LF for November at CVG was at 89.9%, and outbound was 89.2%, definitely strong!

That'd be a pain based on how I get the LF's, but I could implement something different to get both ways combined (looks like I need to do that :-)). Interesting that there is that much disparity, I am guessing it has to do with connecting pax and DL's poor timing on some of these flights.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
WWads
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 am

Guessing that G4 is the odd-man out?
Last edited by WWads on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 am

Why did the CVG-DEN WN flight get scheduled so late? Why not an early evening departure from CVG so it can get into DEN late afternoon/early evening? Not the most ideal for connections. Though I think if it does well, they'll add a morning frequency.
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:47 am

WWads wrote:
Guessing that G4 is the odd-man out?

I don't think that is necessarily so, with their frequency, they probably will be able to make it. Interestingly, F9 seems to be the one struggling the most, they are down from 2xA320/A321 to 1xA320 this year. It could go seasonal like F9 does at CLE. UA has also cut some seats in the market, so that should help.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Why did the CVG-DEN WN flight get scheduled so late? Why not an early evening departure from CVG so it can get into DEN late afternoon/early evening? Not the most ideal for connections. Though I think if it does well, they'll add a morning frequency.
I don't get the concern with the timing. That is perfect for anyone that wants to work all day and still get to DEN or the west coast that night. I listed all the connections upthread, and it connects to just about everything but SAN, SJC, and secondary LA markets.
 
flyCMH
Posts: 2213
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 1999 12:15 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 am

712,722,732/733/734/735/736/73G/738/739,744,752/753,762/763,772/773,788/789,318,319,320,321,332,333,343,346
380,D93,M88,M90,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/CR2/CR7/CR9,E35/40/45/70/75/90,EM2,SF3,ATR,AT7,J41,DH1/3/4
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Lost in the shuffle of NK's start at CMH is G4 launches LCK-AUS today.

G4 now has six departures from LCK on Fridays (SFB, PIE, SAV, MSY, PGD are the others).

e- If you've never seen the interior of the terminal at LCK, here you go:

Image
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
Lost in the shuffle of NK's start at CMH is G4 launches LCK-AUS today.

G4 now has six departures from LCK on Fridays (SFB, PIE, SAV, MSY, PGD are the others).

e- If you've never seen the interior of the terminal at LCK, here you go:

Image
Looks like a warehouse.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:10 pm

That's the second floor. There are up/down escalators between the gap in the green wall on the right which lead to the ticket counters (left) and baggage claim (right). There's a customs area basically under where the picture was taken and I'm guessing the big yellow thing on the left (which was also there the one time I flew out of/into LCK) might connect to that directly.

The ticketing area is small as well:
Image
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 pm

It appears that DL's CVG-AUS is getting the CR9 and going daily effective Oct 29.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
WWads
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:56 pm

cvgComair wrote:
It appears that DL's CVG-AUS is getting the CR9 and going daily effective Oct 29.


Nice. Hopefully a 717 follows next.
 
masonh2479
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm

cvgComair wrote:
It appears that DL's CVG-AUS is getting the CR9 and going daily effective Oct 29.

Nice news, it's cool to see the route already being upgraded before it has even begun. Not to be that guy, but it looks like CRJ9 service begins the 28th and not the 29th. :)
 
RAM787
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 am

It's crazy to think how much connection Ohio is getting to Austin in just a year. Here in Columbus in just a year Allegiant and Frontier both added nonstops to Austin.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 am

Should point out that, despite LCK's terminal looking like a warehouse, it was really nice when I was there in 2005 (two years after it opened). The terminal had a fresh feel and was small, but nice enough to use. At one point, one of the two jetways was clearly borrowed from CMH- it had the DL blue stripe as you used to see in the late 90s/early 2000s. (I'd be willing to bet it's the one from C48).

It looks busy in there for one flight, so I don't know how well it would do with two at once. They had Hooters and Southeast (I think) sharing the terminal in its early days.

RAM787 wrote:
It's crazy to think how much connection Ohio is getting to Austin in just a year. Here in Columbus in just a year Allegiant and Frontier both added nonstops to Austin.


Both within two months of each other, no less. If DL really does expand AUS, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the route, too. Probably way too much on the route, but everybody's hot for Austin right now.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
Springs1816
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:49 am

Very excited. Just booked our tickets for CVG-LGW on Wow Air for September. Three people for $605 with a checked bag and carry on. Can't beat. Using UA miles coming back from CDG. My question is if anyone has taken the plunge with WW? Didn't necessarily have to be from CVG since I know they haven't started yet. What is everyone's thoughts on WW?
 
SkyVoice
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 am

Springs1816 wrote:
Very excited. Just booked our tickets for CVG-LGW on Wow Air for September. Three people for $605 with a checked bag and carry on. Can't beat. Using UA miles coming back from CDG. My question is if anyone has taken the plunge with WW? Didn't necessarily have to be from CVG since I know they haven't started yet. What is everyone's thoughts on WW?


Springs, I did not find a review for WOW Air on SkyTrax, which was astonishing to me as I have always viewed SkyTrax as an exhaustive source. However, forging ahead, I did find a voluminous amount about WOW Air on tripadvisor.com. I have posted a link to the article below. And, I hope that you and your family have a safe and pleasant trip!
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Rev ... ts-WOW-Air
"Son, don't ever try to make sense out of nonsense." - my grandmother
 
Yossarian22
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 am

[photoid][/photoid]
Springs1816 wrote:
Very excited. Just booked our tickets for CVG-LGW on Wow Air for September. Three people for $605 with a checked bag and carry on. Can't beat. Using UA miles coming back from CDG. My question is if anyone has taken the plunge with WW? Didn't necessarily have to be from CVG since I know they haven't started yet. What is everyone's thoughts on WW?


I flew WW a few weeks ago from ORD to DUB. When you look at TripAdvisor WW gets a bad wrap, I don’t think all of it is fair. Many people are complaining about baggage fees and no food or drink, as you probably know WW is pretty straight forward about all of that. When I purchased my $150 ticket, they made it very clear exactly what I did get (a small personal item) and did not. I am now at the end of 7 weeks of backing packing around the world, starting and ending in China. I only had a backpack, because when I take these long journeys I prefer to travel light.

My flight out of ORD was about 90 minutes late, due to a late arriving inbound aircraft that faced very strong headwinds. For my flight, the headwinds turned into a strong tailwind, and we were only a few minutes late into KEF. Ireland not being in the Schengen Zone, the transfer was very easy, like a domestic to domestic transfer. I had 45 minutes for my transfer, but most of the U.S. flights were late, presumably also due to late inbound aircrafts, and it seemed that they were holding the earlier eastbound flights like the 6AM to AMS, for the connecting passengers. Also, when WW announced the delay at ORD, they made it clear that if there were no further delays, and we departed at the new expected time, all connections were still safe. I have no complaints, WW did their job, and with the type of journey I was taking, I would not have used anymore luggage on a legacy. Also, FYI, I checked in online and nobody measured or weighed my backpack at the gate. It was a couple of inches to big, but it was the proper weight and it could still fit under the seat in front of me. The seat itself was in league with North American and European legacies. I am 6 feet of 1.8 meters tall, it was the standard discomfort of economy.

The flight itself was unremarkable, my only complaint is they kept the lights on for most of the flight. I didn’t purchase any food, opting instead to have a big meal at ORD before boarding.

Where WW does get a justifiable bad wrap is IRROPS, they are a small airline, with a small highly utilized fleet, and a small crew. It seems that weather and mechanical issues can cause big problems that they have a difficult time recovering from. I’ve read about 10 hour delays, and not supper useful customer service when things go awry. When you miss your connection, they aren’t providing great accommodations either. My friend flew from ORD to CDG on Icelandair, and on her return, CDG had a nasty snowstorm, that caused her flight to KEF to be so late she missed her connection by hours. Icelandair put her up in a fantastic hotel in downtown, and paid her taxi to the the hotel and gave her so much meal money, basically she had a free extra 2 days on her vacation. WW will not provide that same high level of service in that situation. But, when you fly across an ocean for $150 you are best to keep expectations minimal.

Basically, if you are on a tight schedule, and can’t afford to possibly spend a day or two in Iceland (not all their flights are daily), take another carrier. But, if you, like me, are on a fairly unrestricted schedule, and can afford to possibly be stuck in Iceland for 2 days, take the risk.

I grew up in Cincinnati and my parents still live there, I would have used this service, if it were available. Instead I flew WN up to Chicago the day before, and crashed a friend’s place. I am happy CVG has gained WW. If I am in a situation where I need to travel from the U.S. to Europe again, I will definitely fly WW, if I am not super beholden to a schedule, and they are cheaper.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm

"Nardone doesn’t promise quick announcements about adding the flights to Europe and the West Coast that Columbus development officials have sought for years, but he does vow to make his best effort and to “find out why” if Columbus is passed over. He’s hit the ground running, traveling with business development staff to meetings with both U.S. and international airlines to advocate for new service."

Sitdown interview with Joe Nardone regarding CMH/LCK: http://www.dispatch.com/business/201802 ... -potential

The next meeting for CRAA's Air Service Committee is Tuesday.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
CMHMarc787
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

A recent story in Columbus Business First (admittedly partisan, locally) talks about the real possibility (and reasons supporting that) of Amazon choosing the area for HQ2. With that in mind, and given the already established service to/from CMH, my question to the A-Net public: What service should/would HQ2 bring?

This is simply a speculative questions, so please no arguments about whether Columbus truly qualifies under Amazon's list of requirements. I'm purely interested in getting people's take on what should/would come to CMH.

Have at it, gang.
 
jplatts
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:55 pm

CMHMarc787 wrote:
A story in this morning's Columbus Dispatch talks about the real possibility (and reasons supporting that) of Amazon choosing the area for HQ2. With that in mind, and given the already established service to/from CMH, my question to the A-Net public: What service should/would HQ2 bring?

This is simply a speculative questions, so please no arguments about whether Columbus truly qualifies under Amazon's list of requirements. I'm purely interested in getting people's take on what should/would come to CMH.

Have at it, gang.


If CMH becomes the HQ2 for Amazon, I would definitely expect to see daily nonstop service to SEA from CMH on either DL or AS. CMH would also likely see increased nonstop service to the San Francisco Bay Area if CMH becomes HQ2 for Amazon since some Amazon subsidiaries are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm

CMHMarc787 wrote:
A recent story in Columbus Business First (admittedly partisan, locally) talks about the real possibility (and reasons supporting that) of Amazon choosing the area for HQ2. With that in mind, and given the already established service to/from CMH, my question to the A-Net public: What service should/would HQ2 bring?

This is simply a speculative questions, so please no arguments about whether Columbus truly qualifies under Amazon's list of requirements. I'm purely interested in getting people's take on what should/would come to CMH.

Have at it, gang.

There was an article on the PIT forum awhile ago about Amazon being pretty stingy when it comes to flying, so my guess is not a whole lot. I think service to SFO/SEA would come and perhaps a TATL, but other than that, I wouldn't expect much to be added besides aircraft/capacity upguagues here and there.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
Springs1816
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 pm

cvgComair wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:
A recent story in Columbus Business First (admittedly partisan, locally) talks about the real possibility (and reasons supporting that) of Amazon choosing the area for HQ2. With that in mind, and given the already established service to/from CMH, my question to the A-Net public: What service should/would HQ2 bring?

This is simply a speculative questions, so please no arguments about whether Columbus truly qualifies under Amazon's list of requirements. I'm purely interested in getting people's take on what should/would come to CMH.

Have at it, gang.

There was an article on the PIT forum awhile ago about Amazon being pretty stingy when it comes to flying, so my guess is not a whole lot. I think service to SFO/SEA would come and perhaps a TATL, but other than that, I wouldn't expect much to be added besides aircraft/capacity upguagues here and there.


I have also heard similar mentions of Amazon cutting back. Even with that they will still command a decent amount of traffic and will need greater connectivity. You also have to think about the travelers coming in such as Amazon's vendors and other companies that deal with them. A few of us from our company went to a supply chain conference held by Amazon in Seattle last year. We were coming from Denver, St. Louis and Lexington. Attendance was probably 600-700. Most of those were fliers. Point being there will be an increase. How much? Who knows. An extra couple hundred thousand passengers a year or a couple million more a year. I agree you would get SEA and SFO. More capacity to the New York and DC areas are likely as well as other big business centers. Way down the road after/if it is established in Columbus I think you could see a focus city from a carrier. As for international I would think LHR/LGW would be the most likely by far. Especially when the A321LRs and 797 start coming out. This is all hypothetical and likely 5+ years away. That's my take at least.
 
StuckinCMHland
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Just a quick note: DL has ended a Saturday E-175 nonstop CMH-MCO. Just found out about a week ago when they cancelled the route and rebooked us on another one.
 
flyCMH
Posts: 2213
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 1999 12:15 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 pm

StuckinCMHland wrote:
Just a quick note: DL has ended a Saturday E-175 nonstop CMH-MCO. Just found out about a week ago when they cancelled the route and rebooked us on another one.


Sure it's not a one-off? Delta's website still has the Saturday-only nonstop bookable for the foreseeable future.
712,722,732/733/734/735/736/73G/738/739,744,752/753,762/763,772/773,788/789,318,319,320,321,332,333,343,346
380,D93,M88,M90,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/CR2/CR7/CR9,E35/40/45/70/75/90,EM2,SF3,ATR,AT7,J41,DH1/3/4
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2450
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:50 pm

flyCMH wrote:
StuckinCMHland wrote:
Just a quick note: DL has ended a Saturday E-175 nonstop CMH-MCO. Just found out about a week ago when they cancelled the route and rebooked us on another one.


Sure it's not a one-off? Delta's website still has the Saturday-only nonstop bookable for the foreseeable future.


Looks like after March, CMH-MCO/MIA disappears, CMH-MCO is showing some flights in late December though. I was on the phone with DL this morning and IND-MIA isn't bookable this summer either.
2018: AMS, ATL, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, FRA, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MAD, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:58 am

Midwestindy wrote:
flyCMH wrote:
StuckinCMHland wrote:
Just a quick note: DL has ended a Saturday E-175 nonstop CMH-MCO. Just found out about a week ago when they cancelled the route and rebooked us on another one.


Sure it's not a one-off? Delta's website still has the Saturday-only nonstop bookable for the foreseeable future.


Looks like after March, CMH-MCO/MIA disappears, CMH-MCO is showing some flights in late December though. I was on the phone with DL this morning and IND-MIA isn't bookable this summer either.


Lots of flights failing at MIA lately, Fort Lauderdale is really making up tons of ground.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 am

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
flyCMH wrote:

Sure it's not a one-off? Delta's website still has the Saturday-only nonstop bookable for the foreseeable future.


Looks like after March, CMH-MCO/MIA disappears, CMH-MCO is showing some flights in late December though. I was on the phone with DL this morning and IND-MIA isn't bookable this summer either.


Lots of flights failing at MIA lately, Fort Lauderdale is really making up tons of ground.


I wonder if these are an MIA problem or a RP problem, as I think they're all examples of RP using E175s on Saturdays which wouldn't otherwise have anywhere to go.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
Springs1816
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 am

Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.
 
Briancw
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 am

[url][/url]
Springs1816 wrote:
Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.

CVG has had CVG-CDG on DL for years prior to WW.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2450
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08 am

DeltaRules wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Looks like after March, CMH-MCO/MIA disappears, CMH-MCO is showing some flights in late December though. I was on the phone with DL this morning and IND-MIA isn't bookable this summer either.


Lots of flights failing at MIA lately, Fort Lauderdale is really making up tons of ground.


I wonder if these are an MIA problem or a RP problem, as I think they're all examples of RP using E175s on Saturdays which wouldn't otherwise have anywhere to go.


I don't know how DL surivives on this route, AA flies 3x daily and DL and AA are competiting for the same pax. Many DL FFs don't even know DL serves CMH-MIA, because its only sat-only

Furthermore, I can't imagine the MIA flights are that profitable outside of peak spring/winter travel season, especially since MIA is such an expensive airport. Hence the reason CMH/IND/RDU/LAX/DCA-MIA are all seasonal. DL's FLL flights are much more stable.

How about rather than flying CMH-MIA, DL tries CMH-FLL? I know FLL has a lot more LCC and ULCC exposure, however, FLL is much cheaper to operate at and DL wouldn't have to compete with AA.
2018: AMS, ATL, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, FRA, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MAD, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 am

Briancw wrote:
[url][/url]
Springs1816 wrote:
Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.

CVG has had CVG-CDG on DL for years prior to WW.
I think he is saying STL doesn't have TATL.
 
jtwall
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 am

Springs1816 wrote:
Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.


Where did you see the part about CVG being the second best behind STL? Presuming you are talking about this article (https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... ewest.html), I don't see anything beyond just the top destinations.
 
papatango
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 1999 10:32 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 am

What happened to the rumored European service from CMH?
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am

jtwall wrote:
Springs1816 wrote:
Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.


Where did you see the part about CVG being the second best behind STL? Presuming you are talking about this article (https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... ewest.html), I don't see anything beyond just the top destinations.


WOW said it would add service in three other Midwest cities when it announced service in Cincinnati in August, including St. Louis, Cleveland and Detroit. CVG to date has had the second-strongest ticket sales behind St. Louis, Spann said. WOW added a fifth weekly flight in that market in January.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/wow-a ... stinations
 
jtwall
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 am

Jshank83 wrote:
jtwall wrote:
Springs1816 wrote:
Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.


Where did you see the part about CVG being the second best behind STL? Presuming you are talking about this article (https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... ewest.html), I don't see anything beyond just the top destinations.


WOW said it would add service in three other Midwest cities when it announced service in Cincinnati in August, including St. Louis, Cleveland and Detroit. CVG to date has had the second-strongest ticket sales behind St. Louis, Spann said. WOW added a fifth weekly flight in that market in January.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/wow-a ... stinations



Thanks. Just didn't see anything in the Cincy Biz article. Some other good stuff in that WCPO article, albeit nothing really that hasn't been mentioned here. Although I don't believe we found out the specific gate of B9 yet?
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 am

jtwall wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
jtwall wrote:

Where did you see the part about CVG being the second best behind STL? Presuming you are talking about this article (https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... ewest.html), I don't see anything beyond just the top destinations.


WOW said it would add service in three other Midwest cities when it announced service in Cincinnati in August, including St. Louis, Cleveland and Detroit. CVG to date has had the second-strongest ticket sales behind St. Louis, Spann said. WOW added a fifth weekly flight in that market in January.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/wow-a ... stinations

Thanks. Just didn't see anything in the Cincy Biz article. Some other good stuff in that WCPO article, albeit nothing really that hasn't been mentioned here. Although I don't believe we found out the specific gate of B9 yet?

That was know a little while ago. For a summary in case anyone has missed it, B6/9 are the gates that DL lets intl arrivals use, so they are switching B9 (along with B18/20/22/24/26) to common use. Also, all gates in A will be switching to common use as well. The non-DL carriers will be shuffled in various configurations over multiple stages while the A apron is redone. Right now, it is unclear if DL is taking back the gates or another carrier like WN or F9 will take them long-term.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:49 am

Springs1816 wrote:
Saw an article on Cincy Biz Journal about WW bookings being strong at CVG. Second best behind STL of the four cities starting service in May. Not surprising considering they don't have any TATL. Another thing they mentioned was wondering like 45ish percent are ending in Iceland for their final destination. I figured more people would connect on to Europe. Oh well.


Iceland is an incredibly nice place, and especially with all the media attention and announcement of a cheap new flight I personally think that can change there opinions as they think why not let’s go to Iceland. It is a desirable place.
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:41 am

It sounds like phase 1 of the Amazon facility is 200 daily flights with 100 parking spots and the 3 million sq ft sorting center. Sounds like phase 2 in the northern section will be in addition to that, no details on that part of the project have been revealed. I will be interested to see what they do with those 600 acres.

As for pax growth, CVG confirmed that 2018 should hit 9 million and they expect the equilibrium to be 11-12 million in the next 5 years.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:02 pm

cvgComair wrote:
It sounds like phase 1 of the Amazon facility is 200 daily flights with 100 parking spots and the 3 million sq ft sorting center. Sounds like phase 2 in the northern section will be in addition to that, no details on that part of the project have been revealed. I will be interested to see what they do with those 600 acres.

As for pax growth, CVG confirmed that 2018 should hit 9 million and they expect the equilibrium to be 11-12 million in the next 5 years.

I should add this is from an interview with the airport CEO: http://wvxu.org/post/what-cvgs-success- ... s#stream/0. As far as the masterplan, they are 1/4th into the study. According to the CEO, a new terminal is being studied in the long term plan, but it is still decades away.

Also, WOW is expanding CVG-KEF to 5x/week https://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/ ... 366222002/. It sounds like the flight is doing well!
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
rockyracoon
Posts: 1059
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:58 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:37 pm

cvgComair wrote:
I should add this is from an interview with the airport CEO: http://wvxu.org/post/what-cvgs-success- ... s#stream/0. As far as the masterplan, they are 1/4th into the study. According to the CEO, a new terminal is being studied in the long term plan, but it is still decades away.


Thanks for sharing this.

Based on the information available about the new car rental facility, would it be possible to make any conjectures on the potential Concourse A extension? Is the rental facility going to affect any of the tarmac where the former Terminal 2 stood? Would there be any potential limitations to the discussed Concourse A build out?
Airports I've flown from: CVG PIT MWO PHL PHX ORD DCA MIA TPA MCO ATL DTW DFW SJC LAX DEN SLC LAS HNL LIH OGG YVR MUC ICN NRT PVG SHA SZX MNL PPS CRK BKK DMK KBV EOH MDE CLO CTG SMR BOG ACD MEX CUN MID AUA SAL RTB
 
Briancw
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:02 pm

papatango wrote:
What happened to the rumored European service from CMH?


It remains a (long running) rumor. And unfortunately, it'll remain this way for quite some time.

On another note, it looks like SW is reducing frequency from daily to Saturday only on CMH-FLL. I know SW has tinkered with frequency on this route for years, switching between daily & Saturday only so my guess is this typical and not a sign of poor performance...

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t=Columbus
 
jtwall
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 pm

cvgComair wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
It sounds like phase 1 of the Amazon facility is 200 daily flights with 100 parking spots and the 3 million sq ft sorting center. Sounds like phase 2 in the northern section will be in addition to that, no details on that part of the project have been revealed. I will be interested to see what they do with those 600 acres.

As for pax growth, CVG confirmed that 2018 should hit 9 million and they expect the equilibrium to be 11-12 million in the next 5 years.

I should add this is from an interview with the airport CEO: http://wvxu.org/post/what-cvgs-success- ... s#stream/0. As far as the masterplan, they are 1/4th into the study. According to the CEO, a new terminal is being studied in the long term plan, but it is still decades away.

Also, WOW is expanding CVG-KEF to 5x/week https://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/ ... 366222002/. It sounds like the flight is doing well!

I am guessing that this data would never be released by WW, but I'd be fascinated to visualize the zip codes of WW purchases (and possibly do some kind of heat map by departure airport). I would imagine the catchment area for WW flights is possibly bigger than other carriers and would be cool to see where the bleed is coming from (specifically which airport CMH passenger areas are choosing if they are flying WW).
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:27 pm

rockyracoon wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
I should add this is from an interview with the airport CEO: http://wvxu.org/post/what-cvgs-success- ... s#stream/0. As far as the masterplan, they are 1/4th into the study. According to the CEO, a new terminal is being studied in the long term plan, but it is still decades away.

Thanks for sharing this.

Based on the information available about the new car rental facility, would it be possible to make any conjectures on the potential Concourse A extension? Is the rental facility going to affect any of the tarmac where the former Terminal 2 stood? Would there be any potential limitations to the discussed Concourse A build out?

The new rental car facility will not affect the tarmac, so there are no limits for concourse expansion. Here is a rendering of the terminal area with the rental car build out and no terminal expansions:

Image
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
cvgComair
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Article out of about DEN add, apparently WN said there is more to come at CVG. The article is behind a paywall, but here is a quote, "Denver will not be the last city Southwest adds at CVG, and the airline continues to evaluate what could come next. There may be future flights to the Southeast or Texas, and Southwest knows that Cincinnati’s business community wants more service to the Northeast, particularly the expensive Boston market." https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... nstop.html.
Next: CVG-BOS (Delta Air Lines MD90), BOS-AMS (Delta Air Lines A333), AMS-CPH (KLM B738)
A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos