kiramakora
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:12 am

I hear MEX will start via BCN?
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 am

kiramakora wrote:
I hear MEX will start via BCN?

Where did you hear that one? Wasn't it EK that was rumored to do that?
 
imthedreamliner
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 am

gokmengs wrote:
Watching the video and seeing the massive project complete with all the treasury backed money being spent at the new airport, I would love for them to leave all populist shows and egos aside and do the project correct. Just give a little more time where its not an operation mess and construction zone and Leave GA at IST and move to the new airport in a stable manner. Just my wish...


As Istanbul city center on Asian side is expanding towards east, I wonder how easy it will be to reach 3rd airport from Southern part of Istanbul. Is it possible we have some WB activity at SAW as well in the coming years ? Or else for any flight that is outside the reach of a NEO/MAX, we gonna have to travel all the way from South end of the city to the 3rd airport. Really a challenge in todays traffic mess in Istanbul.
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am

imthedreamliner wrote:
gokmengs wrote:
Watching the video and seeing the massive project complete with all the treasury backed money being spent at the new airport, I would love for them to leave all populist shows and egos aside and do the project correct. Just give a little more time where its not an operation mess and construction zone and Leave GA at IST and move to the new airport in a stable manner. Just my wish...


As Istanbul city center on Asian side is expanding towards east, I wonder how easy it will be to reach 3rd airport from Southern part of Istanbul. Is it possible we have some WB activity at SAW as well in the coming years ? Or else for any flight that is outside the reach of a NEO/MAX, we gonna have to travel all the way from South end of the city to the 3rd airport. Really a challenge in todays traffic mess in Istanbul.


Well you can always do a SAW-ESB-New Airport flight :) Joke aside, I'm sure within a few years there will be meaningful road / rail connections. Not at opening though.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 am

As I always say, if one day, there will be a JFK-SAW TK flight, I will never use IGA, ever.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:45 pm

TK787 wrote:
As I always say, if one day, there will be a JFK-SAW TK flight, I will never use IGA, ever.


And when Pegasus will do it? :D
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Even if Pegasus may well start it one day (to SAW), I'm pretty sure that TK787 will never travel that distance in a sardine can!... :lol: And Pegasus ill never ever introduce the C/J Class!... :? :shock:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:17 pm

:)
As I said JFK-SAW TK flight.
About sardine cans. Gone are the days of 33-34" Y on TK 343s. TK's Y on the 333-77W is pretty bad. Especially when the person in front reclines ( even that 2 inches) and they put a dining tray in front of me. I really like that unspoken rule of not to recline Y seats. Pretty common place in the US domestic flights, these days.
Nothing against Pegasus, I will definitely do it, if Pegasus to order WB aircraft for the route. But I doubt that. As I mentioned before, AtlasGlobal again thinking about getting few A330s, but probably not for US either.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Oooops; sorry that I really missed that "TK" in your first message!.... :banghead: :(
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 pm

mafaky wrote:
Oooops; sorry that I really missed that "TK" in your first message!.... :banghead: :(

No worries :)
I keep dreaming.
Seriously, wouldn't it be nice. I think a future TK JFK-SAW will work better than a TK EWR-IST. Not sure about JFK-SAW vs. JFK-ESB.
 
bahadir
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:57 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 am

TK787 wrote:
As I always say, if one day, there will be a JFK-SAW TK flight, I will never use IGA, ever.


About 5-6 years ago Pegasus considered it. I have seen some studies with used 767-300ERs for the SAW-EWR route.
Right now, you can do it using Pegasus SAW-AMS and KL AMS-SAW.. They code share. :)
Earthbound misfit I
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Other than the A330 routes listed recently, I wonder if there will be other ones. I remember TK680 to Khartoum was A330 operated for 8 days in a row last month. Could be a sign of something in the future, I've never seen a NB flight being operated by a WB for so long. Also, those new A330 frequencies seem to have come from A321 routes. With some A321s to spare there may be a few routes upgauged to A321 for the summer. Fingers crossed that it is TK1975/1976 because I'm using that route sometime in June/July/August!
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 22109
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm

THY is first foreign airline in Israel to carry more than 1 million passengers annually.
Year over year growth for TK in Israel was 9.5 percent in 2017, with an average of 9 daily flights.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkis ... 017-125554
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Pretty amazing but Tel Aviv is almost a domestic city for Turkish carriers based on frequency.
In addition to TK also have Pegasus, AtlasGlobal and OnurAir with flights to Israel.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:56 am

A Pegasus 738 (TC-CPF, "Zeynep") overran the runway while landing at TZX yesterday evening around 23:30 and ditched to the muddy ground, actually on the slope overlooking the seabed. One of the engines actually got torn off the wing and ended up in the seabed. Thankfully no fatalities or casualties... The airframe looks like a direct write-off. The general assumption is cockpit error, unless there has been some last minute unexpected mechanical failure. You can see some last minute photos, taken by a drone this morning...

http://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-h ... lendi.html

Ah, well; just noticed a new thread has been opened in a.net; see below:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383605
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 am

Anybody who can comment on this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383605&p=20090865#p20090865
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
Blerg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Merhaba. Is there anywhere where I can get Ankara's passenger numbers month by month? I couldn't find them on TAV's website.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Blerg wrote:
Merhaba. Is there anywhere where I can get Ankara's passenger numbers month by month? I couldn't find them on TAV's website.


You should look for these in DHMI's website. Which years are you interested in?
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
Blerg
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:48 pm

mafaky wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Merhaba. Is there anywhere where I can get Ankara's passenger numbers month by month? I couldn't find them on TAV's website.


You should look for these in DHMI's website. Which years are you interested in?


Thanks, most of the information is in Turkish but I'll figure something out. Ideally it would be for 2017.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I see in French travel news Air Arabia announced additional Turkish market - Bodrum.

Effective June 13 - 3 times weekly.

Bodrum becomes Air Arabia’s 4th destination in Turkey
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 4279
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 am

Emirates will resume services to SAW from 8 June 18

http://gulfbusiness.com/dubais-emirates ... n-airport/
Forum Moderator
 
1g
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:06 am

TK787 wrote:
:)
As I said JFK-SAW TK flight.
About sardine cans. Gone are the days of 33-34" Y on TK 343s. TK's Y on the 333-77W is pretty bad. Especially when the person in front reclines ( even that 2 inches) and they put a dining tray in front of me. I really like that unspoken rule of not to recline Y seats. Pretty common place in the US domestic flights, these days.
Nothing against Pegasus, I will definitely do it, if Pegasus to order WB aircraft for the route. But I doubt that. As I mentioned before, AtlasGlobal again thinking about getting few A330s, but probably not for US either.

I like the unspoken rule of not reclining but that really applies to flights no longer than 6-7 hours, which is also the longest flight you will find in domestic US.
I have to recline in a TK flight if it's a long haul flight otherwise it really does become unbearable.

I'm sorry to all the people who sat behind me in long haul flights :D
 
User avatar
globetrotter94
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:47 pm

1g wrote:
TK787 wrote:
:)
As I said JFK-SAW TK flight.
About sardine cans. Gone are the days of 33-34" Y on TK 343s. TK's Y on the 333-77W is pretty bad. Especially when the person in front reclines ( even that 2 inches) and they put a dining tray in front of me. I really like that unspoken rule of not to recline Y seats. Pretty common place in the US domestic flights, these days.
Nothing against Pegasus, I will definitely do it, if Pegasus to order WB aircraft for the route. But I doubt that. As I mentioned before, AtlasGlobal again thinking about getting few A330s, but probably not for US either.

I like the unspoken rule of not reclining but that really applies to flights no longer than 6-7 hours, which is also the longest flight you will find in domestic US.
I have to recline in a TK flight if it's a long haul flight otherwise it really does become unbearable.

I'm sorry to all the people who sat behind me in long haul flights :D


As long as you didn't recline during meal times, you're good! :D
All roads may lead to Rome, but every city has flights to Istanbul.
 
AntonioMartin
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 am

TK787 wrote:
Happy New Year Turkish Aviation fans,
May 2018 bring joy and peace to you and your family.

You can find last months thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=20053043#p20053043


TK already announced Aguadilla, )

Good news for Aguadilla and for us Puerto Ricans with Etihad and Emirates cargo having just left!

Wonder if it will work, through...
 
mict
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 am

Currently sitting in the lounge at IST, on the way back to BRU from a BRU-IST-ADB trip. Lounge is packed, the airport itself is ok, have seen much worse.

Weird to see most international gates with no aircraft at all at IST :o
Image

On the first 2 segments of my trip, flew the 738 and found that the version without IFE is a lot more comfortable than the one with IFE, interesting since I assume the one with IFE is used mostly on longer medium-haul routes.
 
Flightsimboy
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:49 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 am

Just completed a few legs with Turkish. No major delays and overall nice flights. Had a Rwy 23 landing but was over the wing so views were restricted. Cabin crews could be a little friendlier. There was one stellar crew on TK 17. Friendly, attentive and nohing too much to ask for. Please check out my video if you like.

https://youtu.be/TJDxw5_hwzA
 
jmmadrid
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 am

I heard yesterday (100% gossip from an unreliable source) that TK are considering Porlamar (Margarita Island, Venezuela).
No further details in regards to frequency, starting date, whether it would be a triangular route or nonstop, etc.
Margarita is a very nice place, and despite the situation of the country, people who stay in all-inclusive resorts should be fine. Extremely cheap now due to exchange rate.
Thoughts?
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2018

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 am

I just flew IST-LHR on wednesday. Landings / takeoffs were southerly due to lodos I think. Our flight was delayed for up to an hour due to cabin crew checking luggage in that didn’t fit in overhead bins. I wish the check in agents did a better job in assessing cabin luggage. Interestingly, maybe due to our delay and LHR curfew, we skipped the takeoff queue and did a departure from the short runway, a first for me.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos