ConcourseZ

Re: PIT Update Discussion Thread 2018

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Busy early morning at PIT for cargo. Between 3:30am and 6:00am, FedEx had two A306s (MEM, IND) and one 752 (EWR) arrive. UPS had one A306 (SDF) and two 752s (PHL, SDF) arrive.

jubguy3

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:24 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
DeltaL1011Flyer wrote:
DL adding PIT-SLC in July, per Enilria's OAG thread...didn't see that add coming before some others on the radar.

I'm wondering.....this route added just as the courts invalidated the 300% tariff on the C Series aircraft. Wonder if this is freeing up smaller mainline aircraft for new markets? Someone suggested previously that DL might use the C Series on a PIT-SLC route.

I don't think the C Series will be based in SLC if I remember correctly.

This is an exciting add for SLC - PIT was one of the largest unserved O/D markets from SLC along with Columbus, Cleveland, Boston, and Lihue.

DeltaRules

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:26 pm

jubguy3 wrote:
ConcourseZ wrote:
DeltaL1011Flyer wrote:
DL adding PIT-SLC in July, per Enilria's OAG thread...didn't see that add coming before some others on the radar.

I'm wondering.....this route added just as the courts invalidated the 300% tariff on the C Series aircraft. Wonder if this is freeing up smaller mainline aircraft for new markets? Someone suggested previously that DL might use the C Series on a PIT-SLC route.

This is an exciting add for SLC - PIT was one of the largest unserved O/D markets from SLC along with Columbus, Cleveland, Boston, and Lihue.

DL and B6 both operate SLC-BOS.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

jubguy3

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:
ConcourseZ wrote:

DL and B6 both operate SLC-BOS.

oops, that was a mistake on my part - meant to say Buffalo

flyPIT

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:37 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
Busy early morning at PIT for cargo. Between 3:30am and 6:00am, FedEx had two A306s (MEM, IND) and one 752 (EWR) arrive. UPS had one A306 (SDF) and two 752s (PHL, SDF) arrive.

That's the normal Tu-Fri morning schedule.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 pm

flyPIT wrote:
ConcourseZ wrote:

That's the normal Tu-Fri morning schedule.

Has UPS added another SDF flight recently? I seem to recall a max of five overnight arrivals. When Qatar has their flight in, must be a busy sight.

flyPIT

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:10 am

UPS has been running two inbound flights from SDF for a few months now. The first one (757) turns to DTW.
FLYi

Runway28L

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:09 am

A few weeks after Air Force One visited, Air Force Two will be visiting PIT this Friday.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/01/ ... thel-park/
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: http://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

ConcourseZ

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 pm

DAL8952, a B752, arriving from IAD this afternoon, parking at C61. A Washington Capitals charter? If so, I though Miami Air flew all of the NHL teams.

Jshank83

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
DAL8952, a B752, arriving from IAD this afternoon, parking at C61. A Washington Capitals charter? If so, I though Miami Air flew all of the NHL teams.

That plane also has a log of FLL before IAD and EWR before that. Caps played at Florida and New Jersey the two games before so it would make sense that it is them.

I think the Blues use Swift Air so they must not all use the same.

ctrabs0114

Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:46 am

ConcourseZ wrote:

Refer to Post #22 of this thread for a complete list of NHL charters:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1378115&p=19956825&hilit=NHL#p19956825

In short:

Miami Air operates charters for New Jersey, Pittsburgh and Tampa. Most of the remaining US-based NHL teams either use DL (seven teams: Anaheim, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Washington) or WQ (nine teams: Boston, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Florida, Nashville, New York Islanders, St. Louis, Vegas). Arizona uses Paradigm, Dallas uses a plane from Mark Cuban's fleet (though it shows up on some trackers with a 5Y flight number), Detroit charters their own MD81 that's shared by the Red Wings and Tigers, and San Jose uses Kaiser Air, based out of OAK. Colorado uses AC (which could possibly be a holdover from their days as the Quebec Nordiques - which is the only explanation I can think of), as do the seven Canadian-based teams, using A319 planes from the Jetz fleet.

Miami Air only has a couple of B734s and seven B738s in their fleet.
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL

Runway28L

Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:42 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:

Definitely the Caps. But I doubt they'll park at C61 and instead park at Atlantic. The flight info for charters sometimes glitches and says they're parking at the terminal.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: http://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

Flaps

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Runway28L wrote:
ConcourseZ wrote:

Definitely the Caps. But I doubt they'll park at C61 and instead park at Atlantic. The flight info for charters sometimes glitches and says they're parking at the terminal.

It is parked over at Atlantic. Sitting next to a C17 and an unmarked 135 or 145.

ConcourseZ

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:15 am

First C-17 delivery to the 911th is September, if memory serves. Might be here for fit tests with the new construction?

flyPIT

Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Runway28L wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
Someone updated PIT's Wikipedia page to suggest United uses mainline equipment seasonally to EWR. Does anyone know more about this?

Yeah I wonder why that is there since UA never uses mainline to EWR on a regular basis (I wish they did though). But I have noticed that there was a 739 operating a scheduled flight last week and two weeks before that there was an on-again-and-off-again 73G on the route. And I believe at some point last spring there was a 1x weekly A319 operating something like Sunday-only despite lasting for about 3 weeks.

United has in fact loaded a 1x daily 737-700 on the PIT-EWR run both ways starting June 7 and is available for the entire booking window which currently runs to January.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 am

Took a look at the WOW schedule. For PIT, four days per week service until June, then five days per week through September, then back down to four days per week. For CVG, it's four days per week through October. For CLE, they have daily service through October. Don't see how the Cleveland metro area, which is a smaller market than Pittsburgh, can support daily service. Metropolitan population area rankings are: Pittsburgh #22, Cincinnati #24, Cleveland #26, and falling. Anyone have thoughts on this?

flyPIT

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:22 am

WOW Air's website is showing 4x weekly to CLE throughout the summer.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:19 am

When I looked, it had daily. Strange. Could have been a website glitch. 4x makes much more sense.

PitTraveler

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Since things like this seem to have at least a bit of interest around here...

Arconic (formerly Alcoa Inc) announced today they will be looking to relocate their corporate HQ, currently located in New York.

It’s not HQ2, but it would be a fantastic feather in the cap for the city to add a Fortune 500 company back to the listing. It would also serve to solidify the jobs of the Arconic employees in the North Shore Offics.

It appears likely that Cleveland is in strong consideration, it would be a massive failure of local leadership to allow a historic Pittsburgh company to move its HQ to Cleveland. It would likely begin a slow bleed of extremely high paying jobs from Pittsburgh to Cleveland.

Hopefully local leadership can focus on something other than HQ2 and get an important win. I doubt it, unfortunately.

flyPIT

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 pm

PitTraveler wrote:

Arconic (formerly Alcoa Inc) announced today they will be looking to relocate their corporate HQ, currently located in New York.

It’s not HQ2, but it would be a fantastic feather in the cap for the city to add a Fortune 500 company back to the listing. It would also serve to solidify the jobs of the Arconic employees in the North Shore Offics.

It appears likely that Cleveland is in strong consideration, it would be a massive failure of local leadership to allow a historic Pittsburgh company to move its HQ to Cleveland. It would likely begin a slow bleed of extremely high paying jobs from Pittsburgh to Cleveland.

Hopefully local leadership can focus on something other than HQ2 and get an important win. I doubt it, unfortunately.

I know we touched on this previously, but I'm still not clear about the relationship between Arconic and the new ALCOA. According to this, when Alcoa moved their headquarters back to Pittsburgh from NYC last year, Pgh gained a 7th F500 HQ.

"Aluminum maker Alcoa Inc., which is slated to return its headquarters to Pittsburgh later this year, ranked No. 300 with revenue of $9.3 billion."
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2017/06/07/Six-Pittsburgh-Companies-Fortune-500-List-2017-Kraft-Heinz/stories/201706070169

Both ALCOA and Arconic list the same Northside Corporate address:

http://www.alcoa.com/united-states/en/default.asp

https://www.arconic.com/global/en/contact/locations.asp?country=United_States

... But it seems the vast majority there are already Arconic employees?
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/pittsburgh-company-news/2017/04/19/Alcoa-coming-home-Pittsburgh-aluminum-headquarters/stories/201704190181

I believe both utilize the same technical center in New Ken as well, although the address is different? I see Arconic has a Park Avenue office, is this like when ALCOA had their HQ in NYC with only a few dozen employees but the nuts and bolts of the company where in Pittsburgh and elsewhere? If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much about job losses in Pittsburgh if Arconic moves that NYC office elsewhere. Although it certainly would be nice for that office to come "home" just like ALCOA, and to add another F500 HQ out of it.

All I know about the topic is what I read online.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:48 am

Arconic has two locations in Cleveland employing about 1,500. This is mostly fabrication of jet engine parts and some other high-value products. There are some engineers and customer support there as well. Otherwise, Pittsburgh holds the bulk of the Arconic corporate functions, just as Alcoa had them here prior to their move back. The New Ken tech center also supports Arconic. Remember, Alcoa moved its corporate HQ to NYC to satisfy the ego of the newly appointed 'king' at that time. Alcoa split off the basic processing operations (Alcoa) from the high-value finished products (Arctic). All other locations remained unchanged. Arconic HQ would involve more people moving out of NYC than the seven Alcoa corporate positions which moved back to Pittsburgh. Arconic has a lot of operations around the country. There are a lot in Ohio; there are even more in California. Many locations in Pennsylvania, too. Previous reports spoke of NYC employees complaining about the Arconic location and culture and felt Pittsburgh would be a better place. I'm sure Peduto and Fitzgerald are in discussions. It's a bigger prize than Alcoa moving back. Inferences have it that the leaders are in discussions with some companies to relocate here. This would help the flight situation, as well at PIT.

PitTraveler

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:52 am

flyPIT wrote:
PitTraveler wrote:

I know we touched on this previously, but I'm still not clear about the relationship between Arconic and the new ALCOA. According to this, when Alcoa moved their headquarters back to Pittsburgh from NYC last year, Pgh gained a 7th F500 HQ.

"Aluminum maker Alcoa Inc., which is slated to return its headquarters to Pittsburgh later this year, ranked No. 300 with revenue of $9.3 billion."
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2017/06/07/Six-Pittsburgh-Companies-Fortune-500-List-2017-Kraft-Heinz/stories/201706070169

Both ALCOA and Arconic list the same Northside Corporate address:

http://www.alcoa.com/united-states/en/default.asp

https://www.arconic.com/global/en/contact/locations.asp?country=United_States

... But it seems the vast majority there are already Arconic employees?
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/pittsburgh-company-news/2017/04/19/Alcoa-coming-home-Pittsburgh-aluminum-headquarters/stories/201704190181

I believe both utilize the same technical center in New Ken as well, although the address is different? I see Arconic has a Park Avenue office, is this like when ALCOA had their HQ in NYC with only a few dozen employees but the nuts and bolts of the company where in Pittsburgh and elsewhere? If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much about job losses in Pittsburgh if Arconic moves that NYC office elsewhere. Although it certainly would be nice for that office to come "home" just like ALCOA, and to add another F500 HQ out of it.

All I know about the topic is what I read online.

To clarify - Arconic and Alcoa are now completely separate companies. Alcoa Inc, a mainstay in Pittsburgh for 100 years, changed its name to Arconic. It spun off the portion of the company that was traditionally thought of as “Alcoa” and named it the Alcoa Corporation.

After many years of being headquartered in Pittsburgh, the legacy Alcoa Inc, was eventually headquartered in Park Ave, as you noted. After separation, the new Alcoa Corporation moved its HQ back to Pittsburgh, while Arconic, the much larger company, remains on Park Ave.

The tech center in New Ken was also separated, and is not really shared. Arconic took most of that as well. As Concourse Z mentioned, Arconic is the larger prize.

Local leadership will be critical here.

flyPIT

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 pm

LBE passengers were up 3% in 2017. That's a pleasant surprise considering NK added PIT and cut back on LBE frequencies a bit.
http://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/13162582-74/arnold-palmer-regional-airport-flies-3-more-passengers-in-2017
FLYi

ncflyer

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:37 pm

ConcourseZ you're quoting populations statistics which don't include CAK. 30 minutes downtown to downtown, Akron to Cleveland. But more to the point, I used to live in RDU. This is a metro area smaller than CLE and PIT. Yet their air service and passenger counts blow away either city. Why? Better educated population, huge draw for pax all over Eastern Carolinas, and so many people who live there are from somewhere else-- Boston, NJ, Michigan, Ohio, PA, etc., and need to fly home to see their relatives.

I think WOW's determination of how many frequencies to fly, they aren't correlating to MSA or CMSA or any other population statistic. Cleveland brand new market, they will see how it goes, they will see how many Clevelanders stop driving to Pittsburgh, they will see how Icelandair impacts service, etc., etc., they won't engage in a debate on whether Cleveland is #26 as you quote, or #16 as it ranks in TV markets, or #40 something-- the shrinking population within the city borders.

DeltaRules

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:33 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
Took a look at the WOW schedule. For PIT, four days per week service until June, then five days per week through September, then back down to four days per week. For CVG, it's four days per week through October. For CLE, they have daily service through October. Don't see how the Cleveland metro area, which is a smaller market than Pittsburgh, can support daily service. Metropolitan population area rankings are: Pittsburgh #22, Cincinnati #24, Cleveland #26, and falling. Anyone have thoughts on this?

PIT has DL and DE for WW to compete with. They'll only have to deal with FI at CLE.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

fmi1

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:08 pm

knope2001 wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
Looks like PIT-JHW will be getting the axe due to lack of EAS funding:
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/63056-us-dot-terminates-eas-subsidy-for-jamestown-ny

Unfortunately nearly all of Southern’s operation in the Mid-Atlantic is in serious danger of losing EAS. Except for markets 210+ miles from a medium- or large-hub airport the per-passenger cap cannot exceed $200. Only Morgantown meets that requirement. In addition to that Jamestown, Altoona, Franklin and DuBois also boarded fewer than 10 passengers per day which will also get you kicked off of EAS.

Per-passenger cap
$460 Jamestown**
$448 Altoona**
$413 Franklin/Oil City**
$412 DuBois**
$379 Lancaster
$281 Johnstown
$242 Bradford
$241 Hagerstown
$156 Morgantown

**also did not enplane at least 10 passengers per day, an EAS requirement**

Southern's subsidy for these routes is about $21 million per year and they form something of a critical mass for them, one which lets them try something unsubsidized like PIT-MDT. With planes and crew and facilities already in Pennsylvania and (generally) paid for by EAS it's comparably cheap to try Harrisburg, and maybe eventually Youngstown or Toledo or who knows.

About 25% of the 110-ish EAS markets (outside of Alaska) were in violation of minimum enplanements or excessive per-passenger subsidy and most got a waiver to continue receiving subsidy. Many of those airports made a case on why they can get back in compliance – perhaps they had a service hiatus or have a new carrier which offers much better service versus the carrier they had. But this group of PA/MD markets are worrisome as I don’t see a big reason why traffic will boom – in some traffic would need to more than double to get under the $200 cap. Not that Southern is a crappy carrier or that they have not been trying, but It’s a tough sell. The DoT is fairly slow to kick cities off of EAS but their patience isn't endless -- scores of cities have lost EAS over the years.

What time period are the $ figures you have listed from? I was under the impression some of the cities were doing much better in 2017. DuBois EAS service for example moved from silver to southern in 2017, I thought I saw data that their enplanements were higher and their cost per passenger was significantly down at DUJ.

ConcourseZ

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

It would be interesting to see how many people from Ohio, near CLE, fly out of PIT on WW, DL, and DE. Don't know if that info is readily available.

ConcourseZ

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Just adding to the above post, if you live a bit south of Cleveland, travel time to PIT or DTW is about the same. I would think DTW may be more impacted than PIT with the two Iceland carriers starting in CLE.

ConcourseZ

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 am

Anybody know about Sun Country Airlines. This flight departed PIT earlier: SCX8201 B737 Laughlin/Bullhead Intl (IFP)
They seem to fly to IFP a lot. Are these casino charters?

ctrabs0114

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:35 am

ConcourseZ wrote:
Anybody know about Sun Country Airlines. This flight departed PIT earlier: SCX8201 B737 Laughlin/Bullhead Intl (IFP)
They seem to fly to IFP a lot. Are these casino charters?

SY8201 appears to be a ferry flight where this particular SY 73G is based, apparently. N714SY (per Flight Radar 24) flew from IFP to SDF Wednesday morning as SY8203, then onto PIT as SY8251 before returning to IFP as SY8201. This same plane went from IFP to SHV (Shreveport) then to ACT (Waco), SAT and back to IFP. I don't think these are casino charters, though I can't seem to figure out which sports teams are using these flights, presuming that's what it is.

flyPIT

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:38 am

FLYi

ctrabs0114

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:04 am

flyPIT wrote:

Then I stand corrected.

ConcourseZ

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:00 pm

flyPIT wrote:

That's a busy, little airline.

flyPIT

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Another appearance was made by the MD-87 registered to the King of Swaziland
FLYi

Cush

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Another appearance was made by the MD-87 registered to the King of Swaziland

Any idea why it's been coming here? Medical?
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

flyPIT

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Cush wrote:

No idea. It could simply be registered to the King of Swaziland but used for something completely unrelated for all I know.
FLYi

Skym88

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Cush wrote:

No idea. It could simply be registered to the King of Swaziland but used for something completely unrelated for all I know.

Medical is correct. Treated at one of the UPMC’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runway28L

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:22 pm

There's rumors floating around that Allegiant may have interest in starting PIT-DAB.

Nothing concrete yet obviously, but I think it's a very likely route G4 could do, maybe seasonally at 1-2x weekly perhaps.

Has there ever been a direct PIT-DAB service before?

Flaps

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Runway28L wrote:
There's rumors floating around that Allegiant may have interest in starting PIT-DAB.

Nothing concrete yet obviously, but I think it's a very likely route G4 could do, maybe seasonally at 1-2x weekly perhaps.

US did have a once weekly flight (Saturdays if memory serves) somewhere around 83-85 but I think that it might have been a scheduled charter. It may have only run one season. I lived in DAB at the time which is the only reason that I remember it.

flyPIT

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Runway28L wrote:

They already label their Sanford flights as "Daytona Beach", but I don't see why seasonal flights to DAB wouldn't work, especially around Bike Week and Race Weeks.

I don't recall any nonstop PIT-DAB scheduled flights ever, but Eastern did run same plane "direct" flights (one stop) between PIT and DAB many moons ago. Interestingly enough when USAir expanded their DAB offering to the northeast in the mid-nineties they chose PHL instead of PIT. It was one of the first signs that US was to favor the PHL hub over PIT. PHL-DAB was started with 727s no less.
FLYi

flyPIT

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 pm

PIT-MGW will be gaining a flight while MGW-BWI will lose one. This is how it played out at DUJ as well.

"Sisson explained that 64 percent of passengers flying out of Morgantown are bound for BWI. Of that number, more than 80 percent are staying in the D.C./Baltimore area, whereas a higher percentage of passengers into Pittsburgh are catching connecting flights.

“This will allow us to have optimal utilization of both routes by having some local and some connector,” Sisson explained, noting that Southern hopes to route most connectors through Pittsburgh.

“The [Pittsburgh] numbers are steadily moving in the right direction. So by increasing the frequency, we’re going to bump both of these up ... and we do have empty flights in the middle of the day to [BWI], that’s the concern. That’s exactly what it was.”
"
http://www.dominionpost.com/Southern-Airways-opens-new-loung

I still find it interesting more Southern Airways passengers connect at PIT instead of BWI considering the large WN hub at BWI.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Saw that C-130H #91055 from the 911th is now in the possession of the 908th AFRC at Maxwell AFB, Alabama. The 911th is now down to seven ships. As I recall, the 911th doesn't receive their first tail until September. Has this changed?

ConcourseZ

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm

F9 expanding PHL service.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rk-in-s18/
Are they picking off AA customers? How long will these routes last?

PITflier

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
F9 expanding PHL service.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rk-in-s18/
Are they picking off AA customers? How long will these routes last?

I find it interesting they're choosing to go head to head on the PHL-DFW route.

Runway28L

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 pm

ConcourseZ wrote:
Saw that C-130H #91055 from the 911th is now in the possession of the 908th AFRC at Maxwell AFB, Alabama. The 911th is now down to seven ships. As I recall, the 911th doesn't receive their first tail until September. Has this changed?

I still haven't seen an exact date yet. Although they have been doing some work on the north side of the base near Mylan's hangars and my university has been sending emails from the 911th that they are opening up more jobs in preparation for the C-17s.

Crew training has already been taking place for the past few weeks from what I've heard.

Runway28L

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Also, I have to wonder if the arrival of the C-17s will bring the 911th AW and the 171st ARW even closer together with new opportunities for joint exercises such as mid-air refuel training.

DeltaRules

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Runway28L wrote:

G4 to DAB would be intriguing. There are enough seasonal draws to Daytona (Speedweeks, Bike Week, Spring Break, Biketoberfest) in addition to it being a beach town to maybe make it work. They're huge not even 40 minutes down the road at SFB, so I wonder a) if DAB flights would be in addition to SFB and b) where G4 would go from DAB. I'd assume the Midwest usual suspects (IND, CVG, LCK, PIT, CLE, maybe DAY) would all be in the running, as well as UST with Daytona International Speedway literally across the street and Concord in the heart of NASCAR country.

DAB has two gates open (1 and 5, though 5 is sometimes used for overflow after the Daytona 500 for extra AA sections), so there's not much room, but just enough.

edit- Another thing of note is DAB had a traveler survey on their website for several months in 2016(?) listing possible new service targets from both airlines (UA, WN, WS, Silver, F9) and destinations (hubs and likely targets for those airlines plus AA, DL, and B6). While I don't remember G4 being an option, you never know. I'd love to see it for DAB.

flyPIT

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
G4 to DAB would be intriguing. They're huge not even 40 minutes down the road at SFB, so I wonder a) if DAB flights would be in addition to SFB

I was thinking the same thing... but then again G4 is adding SRQ which is fairly close to PIE.

Looks like PIT-SAV/CHS are both extended to November (the end of the new booking window) so maybe they will go year round?

With all the domestic expansion from AUS I'm a bit surprised G4 is keeping PIT-AUS at only 2x weekly. I believe CVG will have 3 carriers on the route.
FLYi

ConcourseZ

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:14 pm

flyPIT wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
G4 to DAB would be intriguing. They're huge not even 40 minutes down the road at SFB, so I wonder a) if DAB flights would be in addition to SFB

I was thinking the same thing... but then again G4 is adding SRQ which is fairly close to PIE.

Looks like PIT-SAV/CHS are both extended to November (the end of the new booking window) so maybe they will go year round?

With all the domestic expansion from AUS I'm a bit surprised G4 is keeping PIT-AUS at only 2x weekly. I believe CVG will have 3 carriers on the route.
[/quote]
I don't see what the draw would be to have three carriers on a CVG-AUS route.

flyPIT

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm

FLYi

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos