southwest1675

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:10 pm

pdt2f wrote:
Does anyone know the frequency changes that WN is making this summer? I know they’re not adding any new locations until ATL in August but are they increasing or decreasing frequency on any routes?

It's an increase. There's also more flights this summer compared to last summer.

southwest1675

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Just flew out of BNA on WN

A few observations:

-My Nashville to Detroit flight was full as per usual
-Gate B10 is the only empty gate, will most likely be used by Allegiant
-C13 and C14 look like they’re ready to be given to Southwest
-Construction inside the terminal where the boarding doors for C23/C24 are. Those will never have jetways again
-Southwest’s CUN flight was oversold
-I’m a fan of BNA Express Park

pdt2f

Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:01 am

southwest1675 wrote:

A few observations:

-Construction inside the terminal where the boarding doors for C23/C24 are. Those will never have jetways again

BNA Express Park is awesome. Crazy convenient and cheap. What is being built at C23/C24?
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.

southwest1675

Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:04 am

pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

A few observations:

BNA Express Park is awesome. Crazy convenient and cheap. What is being built at C23/C24?

I think they’re replacing the wall where the jetway entry doors were. It’ll look like there were never doors there.

TYSflyer

Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Looks like AA is adding the A319 on BNA-PHL starting in June. It goes to twice daily in July.

Midwestindy

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
Looks like AA is adding the A319 on BNA-PHL starting in June. It goes to twice daily in July.

see posts #345 and #358 from a couple weeks ago
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH

EvanWSFO

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 am

southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

A few observations:

I think they’re replacing the wall where the jetway entry doors were. It’ll look like there were never doors there.

I'm STILL confused. How many gates will WN be using?

I don't know what the issue was, but taking a friend to the airport was a nightmare. I could see nothing that would create a bottleneck, but it took me 15 minutes to get from the cell phone lot to the WN check-in sidewalk.

southwest1675

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:32 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

I don't know what the issue was, but taking a friend to the airport was a nightmare. I could see nothing that would create a bottleneck, but it took me 15 minutes to get from the cell phone lot to the WN check-in sidewalk.

Southwest currently uses C4, C7, C9, C16, C18, C20, C21, C22, C25, C19, C17, C15, C14, C13, C2 as overflow. C13 and C14 will be used by them soon.

flymco753

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:49 pm

The amount of growth WN has been doing at BNA is mad, but what other airlines could you see growing in Nashville?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

southwest1675

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm

flymco753 wrote:
The amount of growth WN has been doing at BNA is mad, but what other airlines could you see growing in Nashville?

Would like to see if Delta would try a RDU type deal in Nashville. I’ve heard rumors that it could happen with the large Skywest MX base. Hope to see PHX on AA, maybe Alaska could try some California cities to compete with Southwest. There’s room for expansion for everyone in BNA.

flymco753

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:25 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Would like to see if Delta would try a RDU type deal in Nashville. I’ve heard rumors that it could happen with the large Skywest MX base. Hope to see PHX on AA, maybe Alaska could try some California cities to compete with Southwest. There’s room for expansion for everyone in BNA.
I would personally like to see Spirit get into BNA, if it’s only 4 cities, I think that is plenty to start.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

southwest1675

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:49 pm

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I would personally like to see Spirit get into BNA, if it’s only 4 cities, I think that is plenty to start.

NK will happen eventually. I’d also like to see Volaris or some Mexican carrier

flymco753

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:56 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Either Volaris or Interjet to MEX 2x weekly sounds reasonable. Condor to FRA 4x weekly is feasible, so is an Icelandic carrier at 3x weekly. As Nashville begins to develop internationally that’s when you’ll see these carriers begin to go daily.

EvanWSFO

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:49 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Southwest currently uses C4, C7, C9, C16, C18, C20, C21, C22, C25, C19, C17, C15, C14, C13, C2 as overflow. C13 and C14 will be used by them soon.

Thanks. That's the number I thought but not sure.

DakotaFlyer

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:52 pm

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Either Volaris or Interjet to MEX 2x weekly sounds reasonable. Condor to FRA 4x weekly is feasible, so is an Icelandic carrier at 3x weekly. As Nashville begins to develop internationally that’s when you’ll see these carriers begin to go daily.

You would think MEX is on the radar. There are over 60,000 Hispanics in the Immediate Nashville area, with several thousand more in surrounding areas. That plus business and leisure commections seems this should be a feasible route.

jplatts

Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:33 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
You would think MEX is on the radar. There are over 60,000 Hispanics in the Immediate Nashville area, with several thousand more in surrounding areas. That plus business and leisure commections seems this should be a feasible route.

WN does serve MEX, but WN would not be able to connect passengers to other Mexican destinations through MEX. On the other hand, WN would be able to connect passengers to MEX from WN destinations in the Midwest and East Coast through BNA if WN added BNA-MEX nonstop service.

EvanWSFO

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

jplatts wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:

WN does serve MEX, but WN would not be able to connect passengers to other Mexican destinations through MEX. On the other hand, WN would be able to connect passengers to MEX from WN destinations in the Midwest and East Coast through BNA if WN added BNA-MEX nonstop service.

Isn't MEX slot / landing rights controlled? GDL has quite a lot of service to the U.S. Could open up a few more connections. If BNA gets service I suspect it'll be WN and not a Mexican carrier, though Volaris would be a good add.

Jshank83

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
jplatts wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:

Isn't MEX slot / landing rights controlled? GDL has quite a lot of service to the U.S. Could open up a few more connections. If BNA gets service I suspect it'll be WN and not a Mexican carrier, though Volaris would be a good add.

WN just gave up some of their MEX slots, they only fly to MEX from HOU now. So I think you can count WN out on service to MEX from BNA (or most stations)

Cubsrule

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:17 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Hopefully this goes without saying, but most "Hispanics" have no need or desire to fly to Mexico City. I have not seen data for Nashville, but it is not uncommon for a vastly disproportionate number of Mexican immigrants to a given city to be from one or two Mexican states. Jalisco (GDL) is heavily overrepresented in Chicago, for instance. And while there are some business ties to Mexico (Nissan primarily), not all of that traffic goes to MEX either.

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

What incentive is there for DL to "try a RDU type deal in Nashville" given the fact that other potential focus cities (some of which are already on their way there) like IND, CMH, CLE, PIT, or SAT have far less competition?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ADrum23

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

What incentive is there for DL to "try a RDU type deal in Nashville" given the fact that other potential focus cities (some of which are already on their way there) like IND, CMH, CLE, PIT, or SAT have far less competition?

Plus, their flagship hub is a 3 1/2 hour drive from BNA. Why would they need another focus city in Nashville?

Cubsrule

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Plus, their flagship hub is a 3 1/2 hour drive from BNA. Why would they need another focus city in Nashville?

Another good point. And, DL is dealing with the new WN competition on BNA-ATL by dumping capacity into that route.

But the key difference is this: adding RDU-AUS has a lot more impact on making DL RDU business travelers' first choice than adding BNA-AUS would in Nashville. The best DL can hope for is being the legacy of choice to go along with everyone's use of WN in Nashville, and a few p2p routes won't move that needle that much.

flymco753

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 pm

Delta’s sending an A321 down from Detroit tonight if anyone is around at BNA.

EvanWSFO

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:48 pm

flymco753 wrote:

Is this a one-off or going into the schedule?

flymco753

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:39 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Is this a one-off or going into the schedule?
It was an unscheduled upgrade from the A320, it left at an 85% LF. All 20 in first were full and about 3/4 of the main cabin was full. I'm not sure about the return flight, however.

ilovelamp

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:03 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Another good point. And, DL is dealing with the new WN competition on BNA-ATL by dumping capacity into that route.

What do you mean by this?

Cubsrule

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:33 am

ilovelamp wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I count 5 757s in the DL schedule on most November weekdays. It has been a decade or more since there was more than one.

pdt2f

Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:41 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I count 5 757s in the DL schedule on most November weekdays. It has been a decade or more since there was more than one.

Wow, I hadn’t realized they were upgauging that extremely. Are they decreasing frequency as they upgauge aircraft?
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.

ilovelamp

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am

pdt2f wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:

Wow, I hadn’t realized they were upgauging that extremely. Are they decreasing frequency as they upgauge aircraft?

It doesn’t appear so. Also remember the 88s are disappearing fast so something has to fill the void.

ilovelamp

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:33 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

It looks like this starts in late August, just a few weeks after WN starts on the route.

southwest1675

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:00 pm

What I mean't to say, I wonder if DL would look into adding more p2p routes out of Nashville.

Midwestindy

Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:58 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
What I mean't to say, I wonder if DL would look into adding more p2p routes out of Nashville.

Not out of the question, but competition with WN is something they would be looking at
DL DM, AA Gold in 2018, Visited 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH

evank516

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Not out of the question, but competition with WN is something they would be looking at

I would hesitate to say that with their build up at RDU. They have Mega ATL 200 miles south and east and then RDU which is about 300 miles from ATL in and of itself. All of that P2P in such close quarters doesn't seem to make sense.

EvanWSFO

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 pm

evank516 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I would hesitate to say that with their build up at RDU. They have Mega ATL 200 miles south and east and then RDU which is about 300 miles from ATL in and of itself. All of that P2P in such close quarters doesn't seem to make sense.

I flew DL on it's BNA-BOS CR9 flight last week. Full in both directions. I think there are a few niches they could make P2P work. BDL and IND have been mentioned quite a bit, as has AUS. Getting to any of those cities requires going through ATL, maybe DTW for BDL.. For loyal Delta flyers, they would appreciate the nonstop to any of those destinations.

ADrum23

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
evank516 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I flew DL on it's BNA-BOS CR9 flight last week. Full in both directions. I think there are a few niches they could make P2P work. BDL and IND have been mentioned quite a bit, as has AUS. Getting to any of those cities requires going through ATL, maybe DTW for BDL.. For loyal Delta flyers, they would appreciate the nonstop to any of those destinations.

What niches would those be? I could see AUS simply because I believe DL will increase p2p flying out of AUS in the near future, but other than that, I just don't see the need for DL to fly to anything other than hubs/focus cities out of BNA.

EvanWSFO

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
evank516 wrote:

What niches would those be? I could see AUS simply because I believe DL will increase p2p flying out of AUS in the near future, but other than that, I just don't see the need for DL to fly to anything other than hubs/focus cities out of BNA.

I mentioned them in my post. BDL, IND, and AUS. When the started BOS, I heard more than a few negative comments, but it's 2x daily as is RDU. There are markets (again BDL and IND) that WN likely won't open, and would give a little more CR9 services.

ADrum23

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:40 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

I mentioned them in my post. BDL, IND, and AUS. When the started BOS, I heard more than a few negative comments, but it's 2x daily as is RDU. There are markets (again BDL and IND) that WN likely won't open, and would give a little more CR9 services.

BOS and RDU are already focus cities for DL, so that really doesn't count. I'm talking about true bonafide p2p routes (in which DL does not have a hub/focus city).

BNA-IND on WN is a matter of when, it is a highly requested route. Maybe BNA-BDL could work, but I have my doubts and I believe WN will relaunch service to either BDL or PVD at some point.

EvanWSFO

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:51 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

BOS and RDU are already focus cities for DL, so that really doesn't count. I'm talking about true bonafide p2p routes (in which DL does not have a hub/focus city).

BNA-IND on WN is a matter of when, it is a highly requested route. Maybe BNA-BDL could work, but I have my doubts and I believe WN will relaunch service to either BDL or PVD at some point.

You aren't getting what I'm trying to say. No biggie. Not sure WN will add BDL or IND. PVD is unlikely as it went away, like MHT, when WN went onto BOD, even long before nonstops. WN needs to look west, and maybe some once a week international cities.

southwest1675

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

You aren't getting what I'm trying to say. No biggie. Not sure WN will add BDL or IND. PVD is unlikely as it went away, like MHT, when WN went onto BOD, even long before nonstops. WN needs to look west, and maybe some once a week international cities.

If WN doesn’t add either PDX, or IND this year, I’ll probably give my hopes up for those flights for the meantime.

ADrum23

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:39 am

southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

If WN doesn’t add either PDX, or IND this year, I’ll probably give my hopes up for those flights for the meantime.

Both will come either this year or next, I'm pretty confident of that.

Already as it is, we are only 3 months into 2018 and a lot of my predictions are starting to come fruition, such as AA mainline to ORD, WS mainline to YYZ (seasonal at least), G4 entering the market, etc.

southwest1675

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:49 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Already as it is, we are only 3 months into 2018 and a lot of my predictions are starting to come fruition, such as AA mainline to ORD, WS mainline to YYZ (seasonal at least), G4 entering the market, etc.

2018 has already been a pretty good year for BNA.

EvanWSFO

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

When did WS announce mainline? Looking into the summer and fall, it still shows the flight operated by Encore.

ADrum23

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:01 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

When did WS announce mainline? Looking into the summer and fall, it still shows the flight operated by Encore.

WS will operate a 737 on BNA-YYZ on Monday's and Friday's (and select other days) from April 26th through the last full week of October.

EvanWSFO

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:03 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

WS will operate a 737 on BNA-YYZ on Monday's and Friday's (and select other days) from April 26th through the last full week of October.

Thats cool. I thought it might rotate the a/c YYZ-BNA-YYC, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Will be nice to see new metal.

southwest1675

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:42 pm

For the rest of 2018, I think BNA will get another WN city or two, possibly a new G4 addition, and I think we could see an Iceland flight announcement. I'd be very surprised if NK jumped on Nashville this year. Other than that, I think that'll be a wrap for 2018 air service at BNA.

flymco753

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:33 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
I'd be very surprised if NK jumped on Nashville this year. Other than that, I think that'll be a wrap for 2018 air service at BNA.
Maybe NK is waiting for Concourse D to be completed?

EvanWSFO

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:52 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
For the rest of 2018, I think BNA will get another WN city or two, possibly a new G4 addition, and I think we could see an Iceland flight announcement. I'd be very surprised if NK jumped on Nashville this year. Other than that, I think that'll be a wrap for 2018 air service at BNA.

Airlineroute just confirmed this morning the Sunday only BNA-OKC flight. That's a head scratcher to me, it could probably exist daily, but I guess they are funneling travelers via STL.

I will agree more new routes aren't likely. An add by one the the US3 maybe, A couple from WN, but that would be it. As construction ramps up it will likely remain constant, perhaps with some aircraft upgrades, such as what DL is doing to ATL with the 757's.

southwest1675

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:52 pm

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
I'd be very surprised if NK jumped on Nashville this year. Other than that, I think that'll be a wrap for 2018 air service at BNA.
Maybe NK is waiting for Concourse D to be completed?

Good chance. It's supposed to open Summer 2020.

southwest1675

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:01 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
G4 has loaded BNA-PIE/SYR. SYR is definitely an interesting add. I guess this raises the possibility of them making BNA a destination city.

I guess the flights must be selling pretty well.

TYSflyer

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm

G4 has loaded BNA-PIE/SYR. SYR is definitely an interesting add. I guess this raises the possibility of them making BNA a destination city.

TYSflyer

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:

I guess the flights must be selling pretty well.

I agree. I don’t see any other adds from them today so far so it looks to be exclusively focused on BNA.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos