tys777
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Looks like G4 is also filling in a bit on the downtime in the BNA ops. Maximize that one gate that they will be using. I wonder how long before Orlando is added.

I also assume that the outstation bookings into BNA must be exceeding expectations to see adds this quickly. What are they up to 7 destinations prior to launch?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:48 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
G4 has loaded BNA-PIE/SYR. SYR is definitely an interesting add. I guess this raises the possibility of them making BNA a destination city.


I guess the flights must be selling pretty well.

I agree. I don’t see any other adds from them today so far so it looks to be exclusively focused on BNA.


Already crossed off another prediction today. I figured G4 would add another city.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:49 pm

tys777 wrote:
Looks like G4 is also filling in a bit on the downtime in the BNA ops. Maximize that one gate that they will be using. I wonder how long before Orlando is added.

I also assume that the outstation bookings into BNA must be exceeding expectations to see adds this quickly. What are they up to 7 destinations prior to launch?


7 indeed. I checked the seat maps for the RIC flights, and they’re already filling up pretty early.
 
HeyHey
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
7 indeed. I checked the seat maps for the RIC flights, and they’re already filling up pretty early.


I would also add that checking the seat map underestimates the number of seats actually sold since there is an upcharge to choose your seat. I suspect a good percentage (30%?) do not want to pay for seat selection.

As a Nashville resident looking to travel for leisure, I would love to see a nonstop option for SJU added as well as budget options for LAS, MSY, LAX, and Phoenix. Since places like RIC and SYR have been added then I think we could also look to other small-to-mid sized markets that are currently unserved and would serve as a nonstop option for both business and leisure. Places like OMA, DES, PVD, and ABQ come to my mind when thinking of a mix of business (both ways) and leisure (primarily to BNA).
 
dronezone
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:06 pm

I am still waiting for my BNA-SNA non-stop.......one day.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm

HeyHey wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
7 indeed. I checked the seat maps for the RIC flights, and they’re already filling up pretty early.


I would also add that checking the seat map underestimates the number of seats actually sold since there is an upcharge to choose your seat. I suspect a good percentage (30%?) do not want to pay for seat selection.

As a Nashville resident looking to travel for leisure, I would love to see a nonstop option for SJU added as well as budget options for LAS, MSY, LAX, and Phoenix. Since places like RIC and SYR have been added then I think we could also look to other small-to-mid sized markets that are currently unserved and would serve as a nonstop option for both business and leisure. Places like OMA, DES, PVD, and ABQ come to my mind when thinking of a mix of business (both ways) and leisure (primarily to BNA).


I agree with this. OMA has pretty good O&D numbers. I would definitely use the ABQ flight. I have a friend that would use it on a monthly basis. Nashville truly a booming market. Could definitely add a lot of things here.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:17 pm

dronezone wrote:
I am still waiting for my BNA-SNA non-stop.......one day.


It was rumored to be started on WN a few years ago, then they ran into slot issues...
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1371
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:31 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
dronezone wrote:
I am still waiting for my BNA-SNA non-stop.......one day.


It was rumored to be started on WN a few years ago, then they ran into slot issues...


I think they even cut SNA-MDW. It might be seasonal but I know it isn't year round. They keep losing passengers they can fly there every year as other airlines regain their shares back they had given up to WN.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 pm

HeyHey wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
7 indeed. I checked the seat maps for the RIC flights, and they’re already filling up pretty early.


I would also add that checking the seat map underestimates the number of seats actually sold since there is an upcharge to choose your seat. I suspect a good percentage (30%?) do not want to pay for seat selection.

As a Nashville resident looking to travel for leisure, I would love to see a nonstop option for SJU added as well as budget options for LAS, MSY, LAX, and Phoenix. Since places like RIC and SYR have been added then I think we could also look to other small-to-mid sized markets that are currently unserved and would serve as a nonstop option for both business and leisure. Places like OMA, DES, PVD, and ABQ come to my mind when thinking of a mix of business (both ways) and leisure (primarily to BNA).


I'd like to see AUS added on another carrier, G4 or otherwise, as well. I believe G4 will add AZA in at some point, at least seasonally.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:29 pm

tys777 wrote:
Looks like G4 is also filling in a bit on the downtime in the BNA ops. Maximize that one gate that they will be using. I wonder how long before Orlando is added.

I also assume that the outstation bookings into BNA must be exceeding expectations to see adds this quickly. What are they up to 7 destinations prior to launch?


SFB will be among one the next destinations added, I can almost guarantee that.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:53 am

southwest1675 wrote:
dronezone wrote:
I am still waiting for my BNA-SNA non-stop.......one day.


It was rumored to be started on WN a few years ago, then they ran into slot issues...


Same with ABQ. I could have sworn it was announced quite awhile ago as a future WN destination, then nothing happened. I'm still trying to wrap my head around G4 and SYR. I never thought they would succeed at BNA, now it seems if they had a second gate, they would consider BNA a destination/hublet, whatever they call it. I've looked at this thread and G4's potential. If they had a second gate, they just might make some noise in Nashville.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
dronezone wrote:
I am still waiting for my BNA-SNA non-stop.......one day.


It was rumored to be started on WN a few years ago, then they ran into slot issues...


Same with ABQ. I could have sworn it was announced quite awhile ago as a future WN destination, then nothing happened. I'm still trying to wrap my head around G4 and SYR. I never thought they would succeed at BNA, now it seems if they had a second gate, they would consider BNA a destination/hublet, whatever they call it. I've looked at this thread and G4's potential. If they had a second gate, they just might make some noise in Nashville.


They don't need a second gate though, they can serve at least 14 destinations with one gate
2018: ATL, BOS, CDG, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, SAN, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, ZRH....Loading....
 
DakotaFlyer
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:01 pm

I wonder when SWA will start to consider Alligent as a true competitor at BNA? I mean the SYR add seemed kinda out of no-where, so no telling what the company has planned for Nashville. Maybe Southwest will finally start adding to destinations like ABQ & OMA sooner, rather than later?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:20 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
I wonder when SWA will start to consider Alligent as a true competitor at BNA? I mean the SYR add seemed kinda out of no-where, so no telling what the company has planned for Nashville. Maybe Southwest will finally start adding to destinations like ABQ & OMA sooner, rather than later?


I think G4 coming to BNA could wake WN up a bit. There’s a couple markets left that Southwest could make work out of Nashville. They’ve been mentioned multiple times in this thread. I’m ready for Southwest to take the next step in Nashville.
 
RamblinMan
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:11 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
I wonder when SWA will start to consider Alligent as a true competitor at BNA?


When they start running multiple dailies to key business markets. G4 coming to town is nice for the leisure crowd, and while they did beat WN to the punch adding RIC, their twice-a-week flights are not going to make them the business travelers' carrier of choice anytime soon. I doubt anyone at SWA headquarters is particularly worried.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:36 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

It was rumored to be started on WN a few years ago, then they ran into slot issues...


Same with ABQ. I could have sworn it was announced quite awhile ago as a future WN destination, then nothing happened. I'm still trying to wrap my head around G4 and SYR. I never thought they would succeed at BNA, now it seems if they had a second gate, they would consider BNA a destination/hublet, whatever they call it. I've looked at this thread and G4's potential. If they had a second gate, they just might make some noise in Nashville.


They don't need a second gate though, they can serve at least 14 destinations with one gate


I understand that they can do it from one gate. We don't know if they want to make BNA a focus city. If they do more adds, some flights are eventually going to be close together. Given their sometimes iffy record for punctuality, a second gate could be beneficial, but that's a non started for now, I believe all gates are in use.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
I wonder when SWA will start to consider Alligent as a true competitor at BNA? I mean the SYR add seemed kinda out of no-where, so no telling what the company has planned for Nashville. Maybe Southwest will finally start adding to destinations like ABQ & OMA sooner, rather than later?


I don't expect WN is concerned. They very well may add flights, but more for connecting the dots than a knee jerk reaction to G4. Business travelers aren't going to fly on a carrier with two flights a week. WN has frequency, nonstop or connecting that G4 will never have.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:04 pm

I don’t think WN sees G4 as a competitor, but I think they could use G4 as an indicator to see if there is demand on certain routes, particularly the Richmond and Syracuse flights. If G4 planes are full on those routes, WN could see sense in swooping in and adding those locations.
 
gsg013
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Did anyone see the fighter jet fly over nashville just a few minutes ago? I believe it was either an F22 or F35 just saw it fly over maybe at 8,000 while I was in hillsboro village. It was headed south away from town
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:45 am

gsg013 wrote:
Did anyone see the fighter jet fly over nashville just a few minutes ago? I believe it was either an F22 or F35 just saw it fly over maybe at 8,000 while I was in hillsboro village. It was headed south away from town


Didn't see that, but where I live in east Franklin, I see the airplanes descending into the airport all the time. Mostly WN/AA 737's and DL MD88/90's.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 am

southwest1675 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
I wonder when SWA will start to consider Alligent as a true competitor at BNA? I mean the SYR add seemed kinda out of no-where, so no telling what the company has planned for Nashville. Maybe Southwest will finally start adding to destinations like ABQ & OMA sooner, rather than later?


I think G4 coming to BNA could wake WN up a bit. There’s a couple markets left that Southwest could make work out of Nashville. They’ve been mentioned multiple times in this thread. I’m ready for Southwest to take the next step in Nashville.


I don't think G4 will have much of an effect on WN because it is targeted at leisure travelers. I don't see them making BNA a destination (focus) city because of WN's large presence and close proximity to airports such as CVG where they already have a large presence.

G4 could simply fill the few routes where WN won't likely add and carve out a nice niche in the city. That would be the wisest thing to do.

On a different note, does anyone know how the bookings for the new BA flight are doing?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:00 am

ADrum23 wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
Did anyone see the fighter jet fly over nashville just a few minutes ago? I believe it was either an F22 or F35 just saw it fly over maybe at 8,000 while I was in hillsboro village. It was headed south away from town


Didn't see that, but where I live in east Franklin, I see the airplanes descending into the airport all the time. Mostly WN/AA 737's and DL MD88/90's.


Franklin here too. They're always over my neighborhood. Nobody knows how the BA flight is doing. The seat maps don't tell the full story since I figure many travelers don't reserve seats. I noticed the Business class is filling up nicely. That's something American's LGW flight failed to do 20 years ago supposedly. The prices are steep, so I think that might be a sign that they're having no trouble selling seats. This flight will have to be successful for any hope of additional TATL flights at BNA.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:21 am

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
Did anyone see the fighter jet fly over nashville just a few minutes ago? I believe it was either an F22 or F35 just saw it fly over maybe at 8,000 while I was in hillsboro village. It was headed south away from town


Didn't see that, but where I live in east Franklin, I see the airplanes descending into the airport all the time. Mostly WN/AA 737's and DL MD88/90's.


Franklin here too. They're always over my neighborhood. Nobody knows how the BA flight is doing. The seat maps don't tell the full story since I figure many travelers don't reserve seats. I noticed the Business class is filling up nicely. That's something American's LGW flight failed to do 20 years ago supposedly. The prices are steep, so I think that might be a sign that they're having no trouble selling seats. This flight will have to be successful for any hope of additional TATL flights at BNA.


Interesting. Where at in Franklin do you live?
 
jplatts
Posts: 1137
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:39 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
I wonder when SWA will start to consider Alligent as a true competitor at BNA? I mean the SYR add seemed kinda out of no-where, so no telling what the company has planned for Nashville. Maybe Southwest will finally start adding to destinations like ABQ & OMA sooner, rather than later?


I think G4 coming to BNA could wake WN up a bit. There’s a couple markets left that Southwest could make work out of Nashville. They’ve been mentioned multiple times in this thread. I’m ready for Southwest to take the next step in Nashville.


I don't think G4 will have much of an effect on WN because it is targeted at leisure travelers. I don't see them making BNA a destination (focus) city because of WN's large presence and close proximity to airports such as CVG where they already have a large presence.

G4 could simply fill the few routes where WN won't likely add and carve out a nice niche in the city. That would be the wisest thing to do.


I agree with your point. However, G4 only sells nonstop flights between Point A and Point B whereas most of the other airlines (including AA, DL, UA, WN, AS, HA, B6, F9, and NK) sell connecting flights. While G4 does have a significant presence at CVG, G4 does not connect any passengers through CVG.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Didn't see that, but where I live in east Franklin, I see the airplanes descending into the airport all the time. Mostly WN/AA 737's and DL MD88/90's.


Franklin here too. They're always over my neighborhood. Nobody knows how the BA flight is doing. The seat maps don't tell the full story since I figure many travelers don't reserve seats. I noticed the Business class is filling up nicely. That's something American's LGW flight failed to do 20 years ago supposedly. The prices are steep, so I think that might be a sign that they're having no trouble selling seats. This flight will have to be successful for any hope of additional TATL flights at BNA.


Interesting. Where at in Franklin do you live?


I live right next to the South Franklin Chick Fil A.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:33 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Franklin here too. They're always over my neighborhood. Nobody knows how the BA flight is doing. The seat maps don't tell the full story since I figure many travelers don't reserve seats. I noticed the Business class is filling up nicely. That's something American's LGW flight failed to do 20 years ago supposedly. The prices are steep, so I think that might be a sign that they're having no trouble selling seats. This flight will have to be successful for any hope of additional TATL flights at BNA.


Interesting. Where at in Franklin do you live?


I live right next to the South Franklin Chick Fil A.


I’m assuming that is the one off of Columbia Ave right by the Mack Hatcher intersection where the Target is?

I’m off of SR 96 on the east side near the Arno Rd intersection.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:28 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Interesting. Where at in Franklin do you live?


I live right next to the South Franklin Chick Fil A.


I’m assuming that is the one off of Columbia Ave right by the Mack Hatcher intersection where the Target is?

I’m off of SR 96 on the east side near the Arno Rd intersection.


That’s correct!
 
gsg013
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:42 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Didn't see that, but where I live in east Franklin, I see the airplanes descending into the airport all the time. Mostly WN/AA 737's and DL MD88/90's.


Franklin here too. They're always over my neighborhood. Nobody knows how the BA flight is doing. The seat maps don't tell the full story since I figure many travelers don't reserve seats. I noticed the Business class is filling up nicely. That's something American's LGW flight failed to do 20 years ago supposedly. The prices are steep, so I think that might be a sign that they're having no trouble selling seats. This flight will have to be successful for any hope of additional TATL flights at BNA.


That is good I have been seeing J round trip on BNA-LHR-BNA around $7 K pretty good yield similar to the $6 K standard J fair on JFK-LHR for BA/DL/VS that my company would pay when I was living in New York.

I wonder what type of corporate contracts BA has gotten on this route and what the price Companies are paying for the flight?
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm curious with WN's announcement that they will be opening 65 (I think) new international routes from 23 cities, will BNA get in on the actio aside from the one weekly CUN flight? As a fairly large station (not sure where they rank any more), seems like a well placed to a Caribbean or another Mexican destination would work.
 
rexchase12
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:16 am

gsg013 wrote:
Did anyone see the fighter jet fly over nashville just a few minutes ago? I believe it was either an F22 or F35 just saw it fly over maybe at 8,000 while I was in hillsboro village. It was headed south away from town


It was 2 F/A 18 Super Hornets.
 
airplaneboy
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:16 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
I'm curious with WN's announcement that they will be opening 65 (I think) new international routes from 23 cities, will BNA get in on the actio aside from the one weekly CUN flight? As a fairly large station (not sure where they rank any more), seems like a well placed to a Caribbean or another Mexican destination would work.


Can you share a source for this? That’s pretty exciting if they intend to start 65 new routes!
 
ytib
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:22 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:35 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
I'm curious with WN's announcement that they will be opening 65 (I think) new international routes from 23 cities, will BNA get in on the actio aside from the one weekly CUN flight? As a fairly large station (not sure where they rank any more), seems like a well placed to a Caribbean or another Mexican destination would work.


The correct statement is that they will be up to 65 routes from 23 cities by July. However they expect to continue to grow.

“As a point-to-point carrier, you don’t serve all of these international points from one or two gateways,” Southwest EVP and chief revenue officer Andrew Watterson explained this week during an appearance at the International Aviation Club in Washington DC. “We’ve zoomed up to 23 gateways and I expect that to keep growing.”
http://atwonline.com/blog/southwest-bui ... al-network
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:01 pm

ytib wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
I'm curious with WN's announcement that they will be opening 65 (I think) new international routes from 23 cities, will BNA get in on the actio aside from the one weekly CUN flight? As a fairly large station (not sure where they rank any more), seems like a well placed to a Caribbean or another Mexican destination would work.


The correct statement is that they will be up to 65 routes from 23 cities by July. However they expect to continue to grow.

“As a point-to-point carrier, you don’t serve all of these international points from one or two gateways,” Southwest EVP and chief revenue officer Andrew Watterson explained this week during an appearance at the International Aviation Club in Washington DC. “We’ve zoomed up to 23 gateways and I expect that to keep growing.”
http://atwonline.com/blog/southwest-bui ... al-network


I read it, I know what is says. I may have worded it a little different, but they are the same comments.
 
gsg013
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:07 pm

rexchase12 wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
Did anyone see the fighter jet fly over nashville just a few minutes ago? I believe it was either an F22 or F35 just saw it fly over maybe at 8,000 while I was in hillsboro village. It was headed south away from town


It was 2 F/A 18 Super Hornets.



Thank you now that I look at the picture you are correct it was an F/A 18 Super Hornet. That thing was quite loud flying over a pretty awesome sight.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:46 pm

TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

It appears Frontier does pretty well out of Nashville. I wonder if they'll ever add additional cities from BNA.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 1371
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

It appears Frontier does pretty well out of Nashville. I wonder if they'll ever add additional cities from BNA.


BNA-PHX got cut, right? Replaced with TPA this winter? I can't remember. Some routes F9 cuts don't make sense to me.
 
FLYKTPA
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

It appears Frontier does pretty well out of Nashville. I wonder if they'll ever add additional cities from BNA.


BNA-PHX got cut, right? Replaced with TPA this winter? I can't remember. Some routes F9 cuts don't make sense to me.

Surprisingly they cut BNA-TPA at the end of Feb. I was told it was cut due to low bookings.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

It appears Frontier does pretty well out of Nashville. I wonder if they'll ever add additional cities from BNA.


BNA-PHX got cut, right? Replaced with TPA this winter? I can't remember. Some routes F9 cuts don't make sense to me.

Surprisingly they cut BNA-TPA at the end of Feb. I was told it was cut due to low bookings.


They cut TPA? Wow, it’s almost impossible to keep up with F9’s schedule. I wish NK would just buy them out already.....
 
pdt2f
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:56 pm

I won’t fly F9 simply because I don’t trust that the flight will still be there when the day comes. Really DEN and MCO are the only semi-reliable routes they run.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:56 am

pdt2f wrote:
I won’t fly F9 simply because I don’t trust that the flight will still be there when the day comes. Really DEN and MCO are the only semi-reliable routes they run.


Agreed. Even NK is not this bad, which is why I wish they'd absorb F9 and bring some stability to its network.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:39 pm

pdt2f wrote:
I won’t fly F9 simply because I don’t trust that the flight will still be there when the day comes. Really DEN and MCO are the only semi-reliable routes they run.


That's my issue with ULCC's in general. They can be very quick to drop a route. Back when they were DEN-centric and under old management, they were not a bad carrier to fly. Nowadays, I don't know anyone who has taken them out of BNA. I don't care how cheap the flight, I'm going with the competition wherever they are.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
I won’t fly F9 simply because I don’t trust that the flight will still be there when the day comes. Really DEN and MCO are the only semi-reliable routes they run.


That's my issue with ULCC's in general. They can be very quick to drop a route. Back when they were DEN-centric and under old management, they were not a bad carrier to fly. Nowadays, I don't know anyone who has taken them out of BNA. I don't care how cheap the flight, I'm going with the competition wherever they are.


I’ve known some people who have flown F9 and they liked it, primarily young families going to Disney world, college students traveling to Denver, people taking trips to Philadelphia, etc. I’m just the type of guy that wants to have my trip planned - paid for, seats secured, hotels reserved - months in advance. F9 isn’t conducive to that, due to route unreliability. It’s worth paying extra for WN for me because I know my route won’t be ended randomly before my trip. As far as the product that F9 offers on-plane, I’ve never flown them but I’d be fine with it. I’m not expecting Cathay Pacific First Class if I pay $60 to fly to Philadelphia ;)
 
RamblinMan
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:33 pm

pdt2f wrote:
As far as the product that F9 offers on-plane, I’ve never flown them but I’d be fine with it. I’m not expecting Cathay Pacific First Class if I pay $60 to fly to Philadelphia ;)

Hope you're not expecting AA coach either, because F9 service level is noticeably less than that. Basically a bare metal chair with just enough space to wedge yourself in. It's fine for a cheap short flight. I wouldn't take them to the west coast without factoring their upgraded seats into the price. Their high LFs in BNA probably have more to do with the fact that it would be hard not to do well running BNA-DEN. They've struggled to make most anything else work.

I'm not generally in favor of more consolidation in this industry but NK buying F9 might be better for both airlines and their customers, and would almost certainly lead to an expansion in BNA.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Speaking of Frontier, they’ll celebrate 14 years in Nashville this June.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:19 pm

pdt2f wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
I won’t fly F9 simply because I don’t trust that the flight will still be there when the day comes. Really DEN and MCO are the only semi-reliable routes they run.


That's my issue with ULCC's in general. They can be very quick to drop a route. Back when they were DEN-centric and under old management, they were not a bad carrier to fly. Nowadays, I don't know anyone who has taken them out of BNA. I don't care how cheap the flight, I'm going with the competition wherever they are.


I’ve known some people who have flown F9 and they liked it, primarily young families going to Disney world, college students traveling to Denver, people taking trips to Philadelphia, etc. I’m just the type of guy that wants to have my trip planned - paid for, seats secured, hotels reserved - months in advance. F9 isn’t conducive to that, due to route unreliability. It’s worth paying extra for WN for me because I know my route won’t be ended randomly before my trip. As far as the product that F9 offers on-plane, I’ve never flown them but I’d be fine with it. I’m not expecting Cathay Pacific First Class if I pay $60 to fly to Philadelphia ;)


No doubt people like the ULCC's because of the price. I usually fly on my employer's dime, but when I'm paying, I want to know a ticket I buy for a flight 4 months from now, the airline will still be flying the route. That's why I won't book them.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7iCrz2YlFc Here's a cheesy 90's video showing American Eagle's operation in BNA. It appears pretty much everything was shot in Nashville.
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 am

My mom's 50th college reunion is in Nashville from 5/4 to 5/7 and it turns out my godmother (her roommate) is flying in from Amsterdam on the BA inaugural. I'm going to see if I can get her to swipe some memorabilia for me or at least take some photos.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:28 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7iCrz2YlFc Here's a cheesy 90's video showing American Eagle's operation in BNA. It appears pretty much everything was shot in Nashville.


Seems so ancient now! Caught a photo on the wall of an Eagle CV5. I used to live in Irving, TX, and those Convairs always used to bank east and fly right over my apartment. :Looks like every model Eagle flew in the video, though I didn't see a SWM or EM2. May have overlooked.
 
runner13
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:31 am

I noticed today that Southwest is finally operating out of C13 and C14. Was impressive seeing every gate occupied this morning.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:59 am

runner13 wrote:
I noticed today that Southwest is finally operating out of C13 and C14. Was impressive seeing every gate occupied this morning.


Glad they finally started using them. Bring on the new flights. They’re operating 105-110 daily departures these days.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos