ADrum23

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:28 am

Have they started construction yet on Concourse D? If they want to open it by 2020, they need to be starting pretty soon here.

southwest1675

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:02 am

ADrum23 wrote:
Have they started construction yet on Concourse D? If they want to open it by 2020, they need to be starting pretty soon here.

I would figure it’ll start soon.

EvanWSFO

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:04 am

southwest1675 wrote:
TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

It appears Frontier does pretty well out of Nashville. I wonder if they'll ever add additional cities from BNA.

According to anna.aero they are trying BNA-TTN again. Not sure why. It didn't work the first time, a little skeptical it will work 2nd time around.

Bluegrass60

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

It appears Frontier does pretty well out of Nashville. I wonder if they'll ever add additional cities from BNA.

According to anna.aero they are trying BNA-TTN again. Not sure why. It didn't work the first time, a little skeptical it will work 2nd time around.

Where do you get the load factor information? I am highly skeptical of these numbers.

southwest1675

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
TPA … 93.7%
DEN … 91.6%
MCO … 89.8%
RSW... 85.8%
PHL … 85.7%
PHX … 85.7%
LAS … 84.2%
BNA Total 88.7%
(F9 Load Factor Thread)

Where do you get the load factor information? I am highly skeptical of these numbers.

A thread named Frontier Load Factor. The loads appear good. Too good, that you wonder why they were cut. They're a weird carrier.

tys777

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

A thread named Frontier Load Factor. The loads appear good. Too good, that you wonder why they were cut. They're a weird carrier.

But, loads <> yield. F9 operates with fairly thin profit margins. As a result, we see routes getting cut that appear to have healthy loads.

FLYKTPA

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

They are a very seasonal carrier. I think we will see a lot of those routes return for their winter- spring schedule.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

southwest1675

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:31 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

They are a very seasonal carrier. I think we will see a lot of those routes return for their winter- spring schedule.

Good points. It's interesting to see how other carriers handle their network. I think I'm just used to WN. When they add something, they intend to keep it. Many routes on Southwest out of Nashville have been running for 20 plus years now. The same can be said I think in a lot of places.

HeyHey

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:15 pm

On the "Flights from" page on their website it has these cities as destinations: ORD, MCO, PHL, PHX, RSW, TPA, LAS, TTN, and DEN.

I initially had forgotten about the TTN announcement but just found where that was announced and we commented on it here. I don't recall an ORD announcement. Anybody else remember that one?

southwest1675

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 pm

HeyHey wrote:
On the "Flights from" page on their website it has these cities as destinations: ORD, MCO, PHL, PHX, RSW, TPA, LAS, TTN, and DEN.

I initially had forgotten about the TTN announcement but just found where that was announced and we commented on it here. I don't recall an ORD announcement. Anybody else remember that one?

They announced ORD in early 2016. It’s been gone for awhile now.

runner13

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:12 pm

The ORD flight on F9 left as quickly as it started. One week they had it, the next not. No one even noticed.

ADrum23

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 pm

From the Indianapolis Aviation Thread

southwest1675 wrote:
BNA had terrible leadership for the longest time. Hell, I think they were more concerned about art at the airport rather than getting new air service.

If their social media accounts are any indication, they still seem to be concerned more with petty little things rather than airport development (both air service and the physical building). I see more tweets regarding art, live music and timelapses of the parking and transportation center construction more than anything else. How about some tweets about new air service and construction of the actual terminal improvements, such as Concourse D?

EvanWSFO

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:26 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

southwest1675 wrote:
BNA had terrible leadership for the longest time. Hell, I think they were more concerned about art at the airport rather than getting new air service.

If their social media accounts are any indication, they still seem to be concerned more with petty little things rather than airport development (both air service and the physical building). I see more tweets regarding art, live music and timelapses of the parking and transportation center construction more than anything else. How about some tweets about new air service and construction of the actual terminal improvements, such as Concourse D?

You cannot tweet about new airline service when there isn't any new airline service. Why tweet about a concourse that is not going to be open for at least two years? I know there was a management issue, but that seems to have eased. Nothing wrong with touting the things that differentiate BNA from other airports. As for the IND comments, they got service to Europe too. They are not close to BNA in terms of domestic service.

southwest1675

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:53 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

southwest1675 wrote:

You cannot tweet about new airline service when there isn't any new airline service. Why tweet about a concourse that is not going to be open for at least two years? I know there was a management issue, but that seems to have eased. Nothing wrong with touting the things that differentiate BNA from other airports. As for the IND comments, they got service to Europe too. They are not close to BNA in terms of domestic service.

I personally don't see the competition between IND and BNA. BNA beats it in just about every aspect. As for the markets go, I don't think a lot of people on the A.net fourms truly understand Nashville's growth and tourism aspect. Many seem to shrug off the business boom too. I moved to Nashville from Detroit, (My family had ties to the GM Spring Hill Plant) and I can say, I truly love where I live.

EvanWSFO

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I personally don't see the competition between IND and BNA. BNA beats it in just about every aspect. As for the markets go, I don't think a lot of people on the A.net fourms truly understand Nashville's growth and tourism aspect. Many seem to shrug off the business boom too. I moved to Nashville from Detroit, (My family had ties to the GM Spring Hill Plant) and I can say, I truly love where I live.

I think perhaps the comments are being made due to the populations of the two cities. Even using that, the IND MSA is only two notches above BNA area and Nashville growth is still healthy. It's not at the 100 new people a day, but it's still on the uptick. Each has some airline service the other doesn't. I guess it's just natural to compare and defend your home turf.

Jshank83

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:32 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

I think perhaps the comments are being made due to the populations of the two cities. Even using that, the IND MSA is only two notches above BNA area and Nashville growth is still healthy. It's not at the 100 new people a day, but it's still on the uptick. Each has some airline service the other doesn't. I guess it's just natural to compare and defend your home turf.

Agree with this. Most people like/love the city they live in and are competitive/will defend it towards other cities. I don't really understand the arguments about which is better when they both can be good. It doesn't have to be an either/or argument. Just because one gets some kind of service doesn't mean it is going to keep the other one from getting it also. Most people except for us on these message boards aren't even going to know about service changes in their own city, let alone what is going on in a different city.

pdt2f

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Agree with this. Most people like/love the city they live in and are competitive/will defend it towards other cities. I don't really understand the arguments about which is better when they both can be good. It doesn't have to be an either/or argument. Just because one gets some kind of service doesn't mean it is going to keep the other one from getting it also. Most people except for us on these message boards aren't even going to know about service changes in their own city, let alone what is going on in a different city.

I make it a point not to insult where other people live, because I can’t stand when people insult Nashville. The only time I’ll beef with other cities is when they start beef with Nashville. There is some natural rivalry with peer cities, though. I absolutely love when Nashville triumphs over Austin, Portland, Charlotte, and other similarly sized cities. Civic pride, I suppose :).

Midwestindy

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:30 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

It isn't that deep, I don't think anyone from Indianapolis is trying to outcompete Nashville or vice versa, it was just a discussion about which each cities ties to East Asia. There isn't really a need for a my city is better than yours competition, especially since both cities aren't even considered in the same region.
2018: ATL, BOS, CDG, DCA, DFW, DTW, EWR, HPN, JFK, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, MIA, MSP, ORD, PHL, SAN, SJD, SLC, SFO, TPA, ZRH....Loading....

Jshank83

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 pm

pdt2f wrote:

I make it a point not to insult where other people live, because I can’t stand when people insult Nashville. The only time I’ll beef with other cities is when they start beef with Nashville. There is some natural rivalry with peer cities, though. I absolutely love when Nashville triumphs over Austin, Portland, Charlotte, and other similarly sized cities. Civic pride, I suppose :).

I kind of quit caring what other people said about my city or other cities unless it is factually wrong. Nothing anyone says on a.net is going to make a difference in what happens with air service . If they want to badmouth a city because it makes them feel better about their city, then the more power to them. They probably are looking for confrontation anyways, even if they won't admit it, so there is no reason to feed the beast. It won't change anything. It just leads to circular arguments that won't change anyone's opinion anyway.

Indy

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

southwest1675 wrote:

Geez... did they get the old IND leadership? It sounds like the kind of crap the old team came out with. They were proud of crap like valet parking, oil changes, and car washes. I also remember them celebrating Branson, MO service as if they had any clue about the survive-ability of that route. Seriously though... is anyone on the BNA board a former IND board member?
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

southwest1675

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Indy wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

southwest1675 wrote:

Geez... did they get the old IND leadership? It sounds like the kind of crap the old team came out with. They were proud of crap like valet parking, oil changes, and car washes. I also remember them celebrating Branson, MO service as if they had any clue about the survive-ability of that route. Seriously though... is anyone on the BNA board a former IND board member?

They teased an announcement for a week. It turned out to just be UA to SFO. People were pissed.

Indy

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:12 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
They teased an announcement for a week. It turned out to just be UA to SFO. People were pissed.

Can't be any worse than what DFW did a number of years ago. I'm sure a number of people know what I'm talking about :-)
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

EvanWSFO

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:28 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

southwest1675 wrote:

If you have checked Twitter since you posted this, they have a short clip about Concourse D.

pdt2f

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

southwest1675 wrote:

If you have checked Twitter since you posted this, they have a short clip about Concourse D.

Maybe they read this thread? ;)

ADrum23

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 am

pdt2f wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Great, but when is construction actually going to start? They need to get going on the terminal improvements.

EvanWSFO

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:49 am

ADrum23 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Great, but when is construction actually going to start? They need to get going on the terminal improvements.

If they put that out there, I suspect construction to be started this summer. They will need those to compensate the loss of B/C gates when the IAB construction gets underway.

southwest1675

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

If they put that out there, I suspect construction to be started this summer. They will need those to compensate the loss of B/C gates when the IAB construction gets underway.

That's what I'm thinking.

HeyHey

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Just happened to pull up my Flightradar app and saw that WN3156 had made it over Jackson, TN, and made a quick turn back to Nashville. Listening in on approach discussion it sounds like they have declared an emergency with either a tire or landing gear issue. For those in the know, does declaring an emergency happen frequently or is this an uncommon occurrence?

southwest1675

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

I wonder if BNA will hit 15 million passengers this year.

ADrum23

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:56 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
I wonder if BNA will hit 15 million passengers this year.

Barring something unforeseen, I think it should easily. Both January and February had over 1,000,000 pax for the first time in airport history, and was up 7 and 11% over the previous year respectively (March numbers aren't out yet). Mind you that this is all before the new service that has been announced starts up (including the BA flight, G4 entering the market, the new WN service to ATL and OKC, the AA upgauges, the new Vacation Express routes and WS increasing their YYZ and YYC service). And there will likely be more announcements coming soon, so that could add to the pax numbers as well.

pdt2f

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:57 pm

I’m guessing around 15.5 million, barring any unforeseen economic collapses or anything. I personally think the airport’s estimates of like 20 million pax by 2030 (I think that was their estimate when they initiated BNA vision?) are ridiculously low-ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit 20 million in 2022 or 2023, especially if WN uses it’s new C-13/14 gate capacity to expand and increase connections through BNA, and especially if we get another couple major corporate relocations.

southwest1675

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

pdt2f wrote:
I’m guessing around 15.5 million, barring any unforeseen economic collapses or anything. I personally think the airport’s estimates of like 20 million pax by 2030 (I think that was their estimate when they initiated BNA vision?) are ridiculously low-ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit 20 million in 2022 or 2023, especially if WN uses it’s new C-13/14 gate capacity to expand and increase connections through BNA, and especially if we get another couple major corporate relocations.

I honestly don’t think they predicted the airport would grow this fast. I remember around 2010/2011 they were expecting 15 million in 2023-2024ish. As far as I know, I believe Nashville gets more pax than its competitor markets. We beat AUS, MSY, RDU, and I think we’re not very far behind from STL. I was told Southwest will hit 120 plus daily departures during the peak summer schedule. They’re running 105-110 as of now. I sometimes think the MNAA should have started BNA Vision 3 years ago.

pdt2f

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:28 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

I honestly don’t think they predicted the airport would grow this fast. I remember around 2010/2011 they were expecting 15 million in 2023-2024ish. As far as I know, I believe Nashville gets more pax than its competitor markets. We beat AUS, MSY, RDU, and I think we’re not very far behind from STL. I was told Southwest will hit 120 plus daily departures during the peak summer schedule. They’re running 105-110 as of now. I sometimes think the MNAA should have started BNA Vision 3 years ago.

Where is the summer increase for WN coming from? Like what routes? I’m assuming some Florida increases?

ADrum23

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:44 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Not to complain, but it sure seems like MNAA is dragging their feet with BNA Vision (at least as far as the improvements to the actual terminal). They need to get going on things like building the new Concourse D and the central terminal/permanent IAB, but they haven't given any indications as to when construction on those will start. Meanwhile, almost every other day, I see on twitter they post yet another timelapse/photo update on the new parking and transportation center. They seem to be more obsessed with that right now than anything else. Frankly, I could care less about that, the terminal expansion/improvements are more important and they need to get going on that now! Good parking lots won't attract new air service, good terminals with more gates will.

Anyway, while I do believe MNAA lowballed the numbers as far as growth, I have to think things will slow a bit sometime within the next few years. How much more air carriers and growth will come? How much will WN realistically expand? Personally, I'd like to see WN take over all of C and the future D, which would give them 25 gates (AA and the Admirals Club could move to a new 10-11 gate L shaped addition onto Concourse B that I think will eventually need to be built). 25 gates would allow them to build a DEN-level operation here, and would push the pax numbers close to 30 million.

southwest1675

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 pm

pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Where is the summer increase for WN coming from? Like what routes? I’m assuming some Florida increases?

They increase frequency everywhere.

southwest1675

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:09 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Not to complain, but it sure seems like MNAA is dragging their feet with BNA Vision (at least as far as the improvements to the actual terminal). They need to get going on things like building the new Concourse D and the central terminal/permanent IAB, but they haven't given any indications as to when construction on those will start. Meanwhile, almost every other day, I see on twitter they post yet another timelapse/photo update on the new parking and transportation center. They seem to be more obsessed with that right now than anything else. Frankly, I could care less about that, the terminal expansion/improvements are more important and they need to get going on that now! Good parking lots won't attract new air service, good terminals with more gates will.

Anyway, while I do believe MNAA lowballed the numbers as far as growth, I have to think things will slow a bit sometime within the next few years. How much more air carriers and growth will come? How much will WN realistically expand? Personally, I'd like to see WN take over all of C and the future D, which would give them 25 gates (AA and the Admirals Club could move to a new 10-11 gate L shaped addition onto Concourse B that I think will eventually need to be built). 25 gates would allow them to build a DEN-level operation here, and would push the pax numbers close to 30 million.

Back in the early 2000s, Southwest wanted all of C. Nashville was intended to be what BWI is today. I do think either Concourse A or B will be expanded. I like the L shape concept for B. There’s already rumors floating around at the airport that WN will get all of C, and AA will move into the new D. Southwest with all of D and C would be fantastic. The current Admirals Club space would make an excellent crew lounge. Can’t forget that the ramp tower would come back in use. That’s why I hope the MNAA is thinking about expanding either A or B.

EvanWSFO

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

You seem obsessed that "no work is being done".. You complained about lack of Twitter exposure and the D concourse, and I pointed it out it was online. B is not going to become a mirror of C. They have to do all this in stages. Additional parking, temporary FIS, D concourse then permanent IAB. Do it any other way, they wind up with fewer gates until they finish. I do agree this should have been bigger in scope, because this plan will need to be refreshed by early 20's. Remember this is Nashville, where people are moaning over traffic, and most likely will vote down the transit plan.

ADrum23

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:14 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Back in the early 2000s, Southwest wanted all of C. Nashville was intended to be what BWI is today. I do think either Concourse A or B will be expanded. I like the L shape concept for B. There’s already rumors floating around at the airport that WN will get all of C, and AA will move into the new D. Southwest with all of D and C would be fantastic. That’s why I hope the MNAA is thinking about expanding either A or B.

Remind me again (I keep forgetting), how many gates does AA have again? They'd have to build a new Admirals club in D if they did that, and I don't think that is in the plans.

I do think WN should take over all of C. I don't see why WN couldn't build a BWI-like operation here, if they want to better compete with DL at ATL and AA in CLT.

Jshank83

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 pm

southwest1675 wrote:

According to WN's website their peak in the schedule (includes all of the schedule released so far) right now is 111 from BNA. I would assume that number will be for summer. It could be off some but the numbers listed for other cities match up.

southwest1675

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Back in the early 2000s, Southwest wanted all of C. Nashville was intended to be what BWI is today. I do think either Concourse A or B will be expanded. I like the L shape concept for B. There’s already rumors floating around at the airport that WN will get all of C, and AA will move into the new D. Southwest with all of D and C would be fantastic. That’s why I hope the MNAA is thinking about expanding either A or B.

Remind me again (I keep forgetting), how many gates does AA have again? They'd have to build a new Admirals club in D if they did that, and I don't think that is in the plans.

I do think WN should take over all of C. I don't see why WN couldn't build a BWI-like operation here, if they want to better compete with DL at ATL and AA in CLT.

American shares C2 with WN as overflow. So there’s C3, C5, C6, C8, C10, C11, C12.

ADrum23

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

You seem obsessed that "no work is being done".. You complained about lack of Twitter exposure and the D concourse, and I pointed it out it was online. B is not going to become a mirror of C. They have to do all this in stages. Additional parking, temporary FIS, D concourse then permanent IAB. Do it any other way, they wind up with fewer gates until they finish. I do agree this should have been bigger in scope, because this plan will need to be refreshed by early 20's. Remember this is Nashville, where people are moaning over traffic, and most likely will vote down the transit plan.

They showed the markings, but they didn't show or indicate when construction will start.

I understand they have to do it all in stages, but the terminal work should be the top priority, not another parking garage (contrary to what some may think, parking isn't as big of an issue as it is made out to be). Good terminals and gates are what attracts airlines, not parking garages. In order for BNA to continue to add flights and airlines (both domestic and international), they need more gates and better customs facilities (the interim FIS improvements is simply a band aid, it is still woefully inadequate). Other cities are prioritizing their terminal improvements (like AUS, MSY, etc), BNA needs to do the same. And no, they wouldn't wind up with fewer gates if they did the terminal stuff first because Concourse D would have been the first thing built, then they could shift some of the B/C traffic there while the six new swing IAB gates are built in the central terminal. A parking garage isn't going to make the slightest difference there.

I know B isn't being expanded to look like C, I'm just saying that will likely happen in a future project post-BNA Vision when more gates are needed, as that is the only logical place they could add some gates.

BTW, the transit plan should be voted down because it is too flawed and was not properly coordinated with the surrounding counties (where most of the Middle Tennessee growth is taking place).

EvanWSFO

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:17 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

They showed the markings, but they didn't show or indicate when construction will start.

I understand they have to do it all in stages, but the terminal work should be the top priority, not another parking garage (contrary to what some may think, parking isn't as big of an issue as it is made out to be). Good terminals and gates are what attracts airlines, not parking garages. In order for BNA to continue to add flights and airlines (both domestic and international), they need more gates and better customs facilities (the interim FIS improvements is simply a band aid, it is still woefully inadequate). Other cities are prioritizing their terminal improvements (like AUS, MSY, etc), BNA needs to do the same. And no, they wouldn't wind up with fewer gates if they did the terminal stuff first because Concourse D would have been the first thing built, then they could shift some of the B/C traffic there while the six new swing IAB gates are built in the central terminal. A parking garage isn't going to make the slightest difference there.

I know B isn't being expanded to look like C, I'm just saying that will likely happen in a future project post-BNA Vision when more gates are needed, as that is the only logical place they could add some gates.

BTW, the transit plan should be voted down because it is too flawed and was not properly coordinated with the surrounding counties (where most of the Middle Tennessee growth is taking place).

Sorry, I didn't mean to get to wise -assed, my apologies. I'll venture a guess there's more going on than we know. I expect D will be done within two years. I don't think B mirroring C would be a bad thing, but thats $$$. I just think current growth is going to mean when all this is built out, they will need more space.

I agree on transit. At the least it needs to go to Murfreesboro to ease !-24, but CSX won't share their tracks. That line alone would cost more than the entire plan on the ballot. I lived in Dallas when they were in this stage, they at least let the suburbs vote on it.

Cubsrule

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

How often do you park at BNA, and where? Congestion in Short Term and Long Term A is almost constant now; I either can’t get a spot in short term or have a coworker who can’t virtually weekly. I don’t see how you can label that a non-issue.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

southwest1675

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

How often do you park at BNA, and where? Congestion in Short Term and Long Term A is almost constant now; I either can’t get a spot in short term or have a coworker who can’t virtually weekly. I don’t see how you can label that a non-issue.

I've been having the same issue. I've been using BNA Express Park recently. I'm a big fan of it.

HeyHey

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
I agree on transit. At the least it needs to go to Murfreesboro to ease !-24, but CSX won't share their tracks. That line alone would cost more than the entire plan on the ballot. I lived in Dallas when they were in this stage, they at least let the suburbs vote on it.

The issue, of course, is that Nashville has no taxing authority in Murfreesboro. This plan serves as the basis for getting people around Nashville, and it also serves the most densely populated part of the Nashville MSA. Once this is in place then it will be up to Rutherford County (and its cities) to vote on a funding mechanism to pay for a transit extension into their county. Once Murfreesboro, Smyrna, and La Vergne decide to pay for it, the LRT line heading to the airport could be extended, or a heavy transit line could be built.

For BNA, this plan would be a huge benefit. Being able to jump on an LRT at the airport that would then take you downtown and into the transit tunnel for additional connections through the city would be very, very convenient.

ADrum23

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:28 am

Cubsrule wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Notice I didn't say it was a non-issue, what I said was it is not as big of an issue as people make it out to be. Admittedly, I do not park very often at the airport, but when I do, I don't typically have an issue in one of the long term lots. I'll be going to the airport again and parking on May 4th, so I'll see how things are then.

The biggest issue I have with parking is the cell phone lot. They need to build another one of those. Every time I go there, it is packed like sardines and I have trouble maneuvering in and out of the parking spaces. Even on a Sunday night, it is packed!

I am not at all disputing that additional garages are needed, I am simply questioning why they felt the need to build it before the terminal expansion. After all, the terminal is the heart and soul of the airport, if they can't grow there, the whole airport suffers.

Cubsrule

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:37 am

ADrum23 wrote:
I am not at all disputing that additional garages are needed, I am simply questioning why they felt the need to build it before the terminal expansion. After all, the terminal is the heart and soul of the airport, if they can't grow there, the whole airport suffers.

Parking and baggage claim are - and have been - the biggest issues from a passenger perspective. I’m all for starting with parking.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

southwest1675

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 am

Is it confirmed that BA will be using the B Concourse for departure? I wonder when they'll start putting up the signage.

ADrum23

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 am

southwest1675 wrote:
Is it confirmed that BA will be using the B Concourse for departure? I wonder when they'll start putting up the signage.

I doubt it, they’ve admitted B can’t handle anything larger than a 737/A321. How can they fit a 787 wide body in there?

I’m pretty sure it will depart from C. I’ll actually be flying out of BNA on that friday of the inaugural flight (May 4th), but my plane leaves at 10 am so I’ll miss seeing it by a few hours. However, I’m sure there will be decorations set up by where it will depart, so I should be able to tell.

Ramprat212

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:22 am

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I doubt it, they’ve admitted B can’t handle anything larger than a 737/A321. How can they fit a 787 wide body in there?

I’m pretty sure it will depart from C. I’ll actually be flying out of BNA on that friday of the inaugural flight (May 4th), but my plane leaves at 10 am so I’ll miss seeing it by a few hours. However, I’m sure there will be decorations set up by where it will depart, so I should be able to tell.

B11-I think read something about on this tread about using a B gate to keep towing to a minimum

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos