RamblinMan

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Speaking of WN, why would they add 5 daily flights between BNA-ATL? There is NO WAY the healthcare community in Nashville or Atlanta could ever fill all those seats on a route that competes favorably with the automobile.

It makes day trips for business quite a bit more feasible. And if you look at the schedule you'll see it's geared towards that. I love how the naysayers on here will say it always takes an hour to reach the airport in horrendous traffic but when they compare it to the drive time they always use the 3.5 hour figure which is the driving time between the two encountering no traffic at all.

Bluegrass60 wrote:
From the ATL perspective, why would anyone in ATL want to connect in BNA?? (DL does operate the biggest connecting hub in the world at ATL).

Price-conscious travelers going anywhere north. I've taken connecting itineraries out of ATL several times because the DL nonstop was priced at a premium- as it should be.

Bluegrass60 wrote:
I dunno....if I am a DL FF....am gonna stick with Delta for the miles....and they provide 11 flights/day. I like WN...but do not see how this works...ever.

$400 r/t for decades until WN steps in with a lower fare, DL matches, everybody flies DL for the miles and higher frequency, WN gives up, fare goes back to $400. Delta is not doing you any favors.

HeyHey

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm

DL doesn't appear to be strictly matching WN dollar for dollar on the BNA-ATL route either. Playing with quotes on each site, in August I can fly for $138 round trip on WN while the cheapest fare on DL is $252. There are some other days where I can book a $136 R/T on DL, however.

I would absolutely fly to ATL from BNA for $138 roundtrip. Travel time in a car is doable in 4 hours downtown to downtown assuming no major stoppages. Of course, how many times can someone travel I-24 southeast of Nashville, I24/59 through Chattanooga, or I-75 north of Atlanta and never get stuck in traffic? There are times every day that it takes an hour to get to Murfreesboro from Nashville, and I haven't been able to drive through Chattanooga during daylight hours without coming to a near standstill on I-24/59. Gas costs alone would be ~$50 roundtrip, and that's excluding other wear and tear, so a net cost of $88 for the ability to get to ATL quicker, more safely, and without the stress of driving.

pdt2f

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm

It makes day trips for business quite a bit more feasible. And if you look at the schedule you'll see it's geared towards that. I love how the naysayers on here will say it always takes an hour to reach the airport in horrendous traffic but when they compare it to the drive time they always use the 3.5 hour figure which is the driving time between the two encountering no traffic at all.

This is exactly right. I’ve never been able to make it from Nashville to Atlanta in 3.5 hours unless I have complete flexibility to leave Nashville at like 3 am or time it just right during the day. Most of the time it’s around 5 hours from point to point, and I once got stuck for 4 extra hours between Nashville and Chattanooga due to an overturned tanker truck - something I wouldn’t have to worry about with flying.
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.

Bluegrass60

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:10 pm

pdt2f wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

They might be starting a shift of passengers to come through BNA mainly rather than ATL. You'll probably see an explosion of O&D traffic on this route. Delta lowered their fares, but in a lot of cases, Southwest is much cheaper on this route. The schedule works with the business traveler in mind. There's places WN can get you to from ATL, that you can't get in BNA. It works the other way around too. I doubt it'll last 5x daily, but I could see 3-4 daily. I think this route will do well for them.

I dunno....if I am a DL FF....am gonna stick with Delta for the miles....and they provide 11 flights/day. I like WN...but do not see how this works...ever.

WN is banking on price conscious business travelers, connections, regular hub-to-hub traffic, and I think they’re speculating that there’s a market that exists if the price is lower than what DL offers. My wife and I are already planning to fly several times to ATL using WN for conventions, etc; and we never would have spent 5x as much to use the DL service, which is almost 100% for connections. Plus you have to keep in mind that if you live in Nashville and you have a morning appointment in Atlanta, it’s not a 3.5 hour drive. Or if you’re coming back to Nashville in the evening. Traffic in both cities is that bad, to where I’d rather fly there and back in one day for the convenience. If there’s markets between places that are geographically close like Houston-Dallas, New York-Boston-DC, Detroit-Chicago; then I think there’s a market for ATL and BNA and room enough for different carriers and options.

ATL-BNA is nowhere near the market size of any of the city pairs you mention. BNA is 1.9M ATL is 4.6M. Agree that traffic is bad in both....but 16 daily frequencies between DL and WN....and am sure DL will match fares

Bluegrass60

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 pm

pdt2f wrote:

This is exactly right. I’ve never been able to make it from Nashville to Atlanta in 3.5 hours unless I have complete flexibility to leave Nashville at like 3 am or time it just right during the day. Most of the time it’s around 5 hours from point to point, and I once got stuck for 4 extra hours between Nashville and Chattanooga due to an overturned tanker truck - something I wouldn’t have to worry about with flying.

OK...how about this scenario. Healthcare type lives in Franklin area and needs to go to Atlanta northside for a meeting. He/she needs to allocate 1 1/2 hours to get to BNA in morning traffic; navigate security and board flight. 1 hour flight. Navigate ATL and catch UBER to ATL northside. 1 1/2 hour. 4 hours. reverse to go home 4 hours. Cost is gas to/fr BNA $21; BNA parking $15; RT airfare $136; UBER in ATL $80 RT. 7 hours at cost of $252 (at the low RT Fare) vs drive of 8 hours total and gas $308 (all gas at .54/mile). Heck, would love to see these short hauls work....but....just don't see this working for WN v DL

RamblinMan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
OK...how about this scenario. Healthcare type lives in Franklin area and needs to go to Atlanta northside for a meeting. He/she needs to allocate 1 1/2 hours to get to BNA in morning traffic; navigate security and board flight. 1 hour flight. Navigate ATL and catch UBER to ATL northside. 1 1/2 hour. 4 hours. reverse to go home 4 hours. Cost is gas to/fr BNA $21; BNA parking $15; RT airfare $136; UBER in ATL $80 RT. 7 hours at cost of $252 (at the low RT Fare) vs drive of 8 hours total and gas $308 (all gas at .54/mile). Heck, would love to see these short hauls work....but....just don't see this working for WN v DL

I love how these scenarios always involve going from Franklin or some other place south of Nashville to the far north side of Atlanta, and that MARTA is never an option once you get there. I'm not in any way saying that Atlanta has a world-class rapid transit system, but flying into ATL absolutely does not always involve an $80 hour-long uber ride.

RamblinMan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Nobody is saying that WN will fill 5 dailies by suddenly stimulating local demand. In fact, I'd agree that most local traffic will continue to drive. But DL manages to fill 11-12 daily flights with almost 100% connecting traffic originating in BNA. WN will have connecting traffic originating on either end, plus some amount of local traffic.

Cubsrule

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm

RamblinMan wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

I love how these scenarios always involve going from Franklin or some other place south of Nashville to the far north side of Atlanta, and that MARTA is never an option once you get there. I'm not in any way saying that Atlanta has a world-class rapid transit system, but flying into ATL absolutely does not always involve an $80 hour-long uber ride.

Lately, the worst traffic between Nashville and Atlanta has actually been 75 in Cobb County, where there is ongoing work to add reversible toll lanes. And the Perimeter is as messy as ever once you get there. So if “the north side of Atlanta” is, for instance, Sandy Springs, flying may actually be competitive. (And since when does it take an hour and a half to drive from any part of Franklin to BNA?)
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

pdt2f

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Ok, I suppose you’re right in a scenario where someone lives in Franklin far enough from the interstate to make it a 1.5 hour drive (in the chance that they have to make the drive in morning rush hour), and they happen to be visiting the part of Atlanta that is most inconvenient from the airport, then yes, this service is probably not for the Leipers Fork-Cobb County traffic flow. Doesn’t change the market of who the flight is for, though.

Another possibility is that the Atlanta frequencies from WN could be a form of retaliation, or at least the next step in an ongoing battle at BNA between WN and DL. DL recently added routes to former WN monopolies like BNA-RDU/BOS/SEA, and WN launched BNA-MSP last year, or the year before. DL also has been seasonally upgaging BNA-LAX to a 738 from a 319, and tries to take a seasonal chunk out of BNA-MCO, while WN has matched DL’s Saturday CUN service. So it kind of fits a trend, and the frequency WN is offering in the ATL-BNA market is fitting given the magnitude of DL’s ATL-BNA service.
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.

TYSflyer

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:10 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
msycajun wrote:
I could definitely see NK adding BNA. They were supposed to have another new city to announce and they have been opening stations with several flights at a time. If it's anything like CMH, I'd expect some combination of MCO, LAS, TPA, FLL, MYR, MSY and RSW, maybe ORD.

I would like to see NK come to BNA, but the article said 5 new destinations that we don't already have. Not sure what Spirit could do that's "new" to Nashville. That's why I think it's G4.

That part of the article went completely over my head. Until you pointed that out I was thinking NK as a high potential but that almost assures it will be G4. What are the unique destinations they could add that BNA does not already have. SFB, PIE, PGD, SRQ, SAV, MYR and AZA. Any others that I missed?

Bluegrass60

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
RamblinMan wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

Lately, the worst traffic between Nashville and Atlanta has actually been 75 in Cobb County, where there is ongoing work to add reversible toll lanes. And the Perimeter is as messy as ever once you get there. So if “the north side of Atlanta” is, for instance, Sandy Springs, flying may actually be competitive. (And since when does it take an hour and a half to drive from any part of Franklin to BNA?)

These scenarios are the most likely. In the announcement, BNA cited healthcare execs....they live in Franklin for most part. Those same 'healthcare execs' are never going to take MARTA. The $80 UBER is Roundtrip. Those same healthcare execs are going to downtown, midtown, Buckhead or Perimeter areas. Like I said, would LUV to see these shorthauls work....just do not see WN being successful v Delta on a route that may or may not make sense based on where you live or are headed in either city.

Bluegrass60

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 pm

pdt2f wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Ok, I suppose you’re right in a scenario where someone lives in Franklin far enough from the interstate to make it a 1.5 hour drive (in the chance that they have to make the drive in morning rush hour), and they happen to be visiting the part of Atlanta that is most inconvenient from the airport, then yes, this service is probably not for the Leipers Fork-Cobb County traffic flow. Doesn’t change the market of who the flight is for, though.

Another possibility is that the Atlanta frequencies from WN could be a form of retaliation, or at least the next step in an ongoing battle at BNA between WN and DL. DL recently added routes to former WN monopolies like BNA-RDU/BOS/SEA, and WN launched BNA-MSP last year, or the year before. DL also has been seasonally upgaging BNA-LAX to a 738 from a 319, and tries to take a seasonal chunk out of BNA-MCO, while WN has matched DL’s Saturday CUN service. So it kind of fits a trend, and the frequency WN is offering in the ATL-BNA market is fitting given the magnitude of DL’s ATL-BNA service.

Just to be clear the 1 1/2 hours cited from Franklin to BNA includes drive time, parking, navigating the terminal/security and then waiting to board the flight. am sure if everything went like clockwork you could do it in an hour and make the flight just as they close the door.

Retaliation? I dunno. DL is not gonna walk away from the market...but....if WN were successful....DL would begin swapping in ER-70/75 from the Mad Dogs. I don't see WN being successful with 5 daily

Cubsrule

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
RamblinMan wrote:

These scenarios are the most likely. In the announcement, BNA cited healthcare execs....they live in Franklin for most part. Those same 'healthcare execs' are never going to take MARTA. The $80 UBER is Roundtrip. Those same healthcare execs are going to downtown, midtown, Buckhead or Perimeter areas. Like I said, would LUV to see these shorthauls work....just do not see WN being successful v Delta on a route that may or may not make sense based on where you live or are headed in either city.

Is there some evidence that healthcare executives “live in Franklin for the most part?” Certainly, the commute from Williamson County to HCA (either campus) isn’t much fun.

ilovelamp

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

Just to be clear the 1 1/2 hours cited from Franklin to BNA includes drive time, parking, navigating the terminal/security and then waiting to board the flight. am sure if everything went like clockwork you could do it in an hour and make the flight just as they close the door.

Retaliation? I dunno. DL is not gonna walk away from the market...but....if WN were successful....DL would begin swapping in ER-70/75 from the Mad Dogs. I don't see WN being successful with 5 daily

It wouldn’t be that extreme of a downgauge. Delta would start with 717s or even the C Series. It would be all about biding time for the market to stabilize and see if WN has true staying power on the route. Think about it...88 to 175 is an almost 50% reduction in seats...149 to 76.

737MAX7

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Expect an official announcement on the new airline and service soon, they had the little stage set up today when I came to work that they use for press conferences.

flymco753

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm

737MAX7 wrote:
Expect an official announcement on the new airline and service soon, they had the little stage set up today when I came to work that they use for press conferences.
It’s been discussed above and came to the conclusion it’ll be G4 announcing SFB, PIE, PGD, MYR, and VPS.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

FA9295

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
On a random note, I predict WN will have added SJC PDX IND RIC CVG from BNA within 3 years.

CVG I don’t think is happening. Too close and not enough of a market. The existing DL service is barely full and that’s with one CR7!

PDX will be interesting. It is a tossup between WN and AS as to who starts it.

Alaska just added a second daily flight from Seattle to Nashville, so I don't think a route to/from PDX is coming anytime soon (at least, not on Alaska).
EDIT: Actually, just came across this article: https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/ ... 395578002/

So maybe we will see it soon... ;)
No, "FA" in my username does not stand for "flight attendant"...

pdt2f

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:33 pm

FA9295 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
On a random note, I predict WN will have added SJC PDX IND RIC CVG from BNA within 3 years.

CVG I don’t think is happening. Too close and not enough of a market. The existing DL service is barely full and that’s with one CR7!

PDX will be interesting. It is a tossup between WN and AS as to who starts it.

Alaska just added a second daily flight from Seattle to Nashville, so I don't think a route to/from PDX is coming anytime soon (at least, not on Alaska).
EDIT: Actually, just came across this article: https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/ ... 395578002/

So maybe we will see it soon... ;)

Lol we’ve literally been discussing that article for two days.

BNA based.

CHA5Departure

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Anyone in BNA know why DAL17 MD-90 KDTW-KBNA just diverted to KCHA? Looking at FR24, it looks like it circled and/or had a missed approach at KBNA before diverting.

flymco753

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm

I think I'm going to take back what I said about G4 affecting NK's arrival. I stated NK would add DTW, FLL, LAS and DFW, all in which wouldn't affect G4 service. NK would become signatory because it'd be 4 daily flights and would qualify for the air service incentive because of DFW.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

N628AU

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:24 am

Airport is VFR tonight but winds are gusty over 20 knots direct crosswind to the 2s/20s. Only 20 degree crosswind to 13/31 though, so if an approach had too much crosswind they should just change the runway unless it was unavailable for some reason. No other reason to divert.

Cubsrule

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:33 am

N628AU wrote:
Airport is VFR tonight but winds are gusty over 20 knots direct crosswind to the 2s/20s. Only 20 degree crosswind to 13/31 though, so if an approach had too much crosswind they should just change the runway unless it was unavailable for some reason. No other reason to divert.

They had bad crosswinds when Harvey blew through in September, resulting in only 31 being available. It was a mess; I don’t know of any diversions but there was a lot of extended holding and were several goarounds.

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:57 am

G4 to SAV, RIC, MYR, PGD, and VPS

Richmond seems really random for G4, but let's see. Also, rare to see a station east of the Mississippi without Orlando.

Service starts in June, looks like everything is twice a week.

DakotaFlyer

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 am

tys777 wrote:

Richmond seems really random for G4, but let's see. Also, rare to see a station east of the Mississippi without Orlando.

Wonder if SWA will respond to Richmond?

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 am

tys777 wrote:

Where did you hear this?

pdt2f

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:28 am

tys777 wrote:

Where’d you see this? Do you have a link?

BNA based.

ilovelamp

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 am

pdt2f wrote:
tys777 wrote:

Go to their website and put BNA as the departure and it’ll only give you 5 destinations while the calendar only shows the available flight dates.

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:35 am

I do expect WN to add BNA-RIC at some point now.

flymco753

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:35 am

ilovelamp wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
tys777 wrote:

Go to their website and put BNA as the departure and it’ll only give you 5 destinations while the calendar only shows the available flight dates.
This shouldn’t effect NK at all.

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 am

ilovelamp wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
tys777 wrote:

Bingo. G4 almost always updates their website the evening before any announcements are made.

Also SAV is seasonal which would be expected

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 am

VPS M/F arrives BNA 3:24pm departs BNA 4:09pm
MYR M/F arrives BNA 12:51pm departs BNA 5:48pm
PGD Sun/Th arrives BNA 2:30pm departs BNA 7:53pm
RIC Sun/Th arrives BNA 7:18pm departs BNA 3:15pm
SAV M/F arrives BNA 5:03pm departs BNA 1:36pm

Lines of flying are

VPS-BNA-VPS
MYR-BNA-SAV-BNA-MYR
PGD-BNA-RIC-BNA-PGD

pdt2f

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 am

Seems that the PGD flight moves to Monday-Friday in September.

BNA based.

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:05 am

pdt2f wrote:

Nice catch, I only went through the starting of the routes out of a time crunch and being on a mobile.

UALFAson

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:07 am

tys777 wrote:

Who is the world is going to take these twice weekly flights? BNA is either a Monday morning-Thursday evening business market or a Thurs/Fri night-Sunday night leisure market.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:07 am

They're probably gonna use B10. We are now out of gates in Nashville.

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:11 am

UALFAson wrote:
tys777 wrote:

Who is the world is going to take these twice weekly flights? BNA is either a Monday morning-Thursday evening business market or a Thurs/Fri night-Sunday night leisure market.

I would if I were still local, but I get 6 1/2 weeks of pto and can afford a midweek vacation.

I don't think the Friday to Monday vacations are a hard sell, especially VPS and MYR.

RIC still has me confused, I know that the airport wanted it, but how is that going to work? BNA originating passengers? Or RIC passengers wanting to visit the music city? God knows its not aimed at business travelers.

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:16 am

pdt2f wrote:
tys777 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

Nice catch, I only went through the starting of the routes out of a time crunch and being on a mobile.

I noticed the MYR flight changes in the fall, too. They must have already planned their different summer and fall routes.

MYR was going to change based on SAV being seasonal since the plane from MYR does that turn.

Overall, an interesting mix of citiea

pdt2f

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:17 am

tys777 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:

I noticed the MYR flight changes in the fall, too. They must have already planned their different summer and fall routes.

BNA based.

pdt2f

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 am

UALFAson wrote:
tys777 wrote:

The wife and I love the weekday vacation trips. They’re cheaper and for leisure destinations they’re typically less crowded, and our jobs are flexible about what days of the week we take off. I could totally see is doing one of these beach trips, they’re awesome for young families on a budget.

BNA based.

pdt2f

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:26 am

southwest1675 wrote:

I just feel that NK totally shit the bed in delaying BNA for so long. Now they’re presumably going to have to wait for Concourse D to be completed, which is several years of lost profits.

RIC still has me confused, I know that the airport wanted it, but how is that going to work? BNA originating passengers? Or RIC passengers wanting to visit the music city? God knows its not aimed at business travelers.

Maybe the city offered some sort of incentives to gain any kind of air service there? Perhaps WN indicated they weren’t ready to offer it yet and G4 jumped on board.

BNA based.

tys777

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:26 am

pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I just feel that NK totally shit the bed in delaying BNA for so long. Now they’re presumably going to have to wait for Concourse D to be completed, which is several years of lost profits.

Maybe the city offered some sort of incentives to gain any kind of air service there? Perhaps WN indicated they weren’t ready to offer it yet and G4 jumped on board.

I disagree, what would NK bring to the table that isn't already well covered? Look at NK's bigger stations and I just don't see where the demand would be.

Given that, I would kill for NK to one day be on the MSP-BNA route. I need a cheap easy connection, and am a big fan of theirs. (Big front seats sold me)

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 am

pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

The ticketing, baggage claim, and Concourse D expansion is projected to open summer 2020 according to the BNA vision site. As said many times, WN is taking C13 and C14 from AA. Still don’t have a definitive answer on C2, but apparently that’ll be common use for WN and AA. I’ve also heard AA will start using C2 full time. Doesn’t matter. It’ll be gone when the new IAB is built. Allegiant must be taking Wright Travels ticket counter spot. There was talk last year on Wright Travel moving downstairs where the Rental car stuff is.

pdt2f

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 am

tys777 wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

I disagree, what would NK bring to the table that isn't already well covered? Look at NK's bigger stations and I just don't see where the demand would be.

Given that, I would kill for NK to one day be on the MSP-BNA route. I need a cheap easy connection, and am a big fan of theirs. (Big front seats sold me)

1. ULCC options in regards to central and South America.
2. Service to gamble-cities - namely Las Vegas and Atlantic City (to a lesser extent). WN has a stranglehold on the BNA-LAS route (except for F9’s extremely seasonal flight), and more options would be welcome.
3. As someone mentioned above, they’d presumably get incentives to add service to airports only served by one airline, like DFW.

As far as whether Nashville needs NK, I mean not really. But I think their product would be popular with budget travelers and young families.

BNA based.

ADrum23

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:08 pm

I had a feeling it would be G4. It's about time though, BNA is severely lacking in LCC options. Surprised SFB was not included as one of the initial destinations.

Bluegrass60

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Question for the BNA experts. What % of PAX at BNA are connecting? What % of PAX at BNA are leisure/vacation? Thanks

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Question for the BNA experts. What % of PAX at BNA are connecting? What % of PAX at BNA are leisure/vacation? Thanks

I don’t know exact figures, but I’ve always heard the O&D numbers are great out of BNA.

AVLAirlineFreq

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

This story in USA Today says that everything but PGD is seasonal: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 401908002/.

BNA-RIC on G4 is really random, but we'll know soon enough whether it works. G4 ain't shy about pulling the plug.

southwest1675

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
This story in USA Today says that everything but PGD is seasonal: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 401908002/.

BNA-RIC on G4 is really random, but we'll know soon enough whether it works. G4 ain't shy about pulling the plug.

The top of the article says things will be seasonal, but then if you scroll down, it says others will be year round. Also says BNA-SFB is added.

kingcavalier

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm

I’ve seen Wright Travel mentioned a couple times now as possible ticket counter space for G4. Wright Travel hasn’t occupied counter space in at least a year. They’ve already moved to different real estate in the airport. DL already gave up some old NW counter for BA. It seems to me that AA’s counter is too large in comparison to the other airlines and could maybe give up a little counter to G4.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness

AVLAirlineFreq

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:02 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

The top of the article says things will be seasonal, but then if you scroll down, it says others will be year round. Also says BNA-SFB is added.

It's a mess. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos