CarlosSi

Re: Austin Texas Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 am

If MEX is Delta's Texas, then tell me Eddy: can you fly from Fort Lauderdale to MEX to connect to say OKC or ABQ ;) ? Or how about to MEM, Eppley, or BNA?

Well to be fair I guess you can technically already connect to large cities via AMX which they own a good chunk (I forget the %age): DEN, DFW, IAH, SAT, AUS, but not SAN or PHX, two big ones. ATL's size already offers plentiful connections that MEX can take others as well, but I'm not sure if connecting in MEX from the US to go to a US destination is desirable...

Just my own opinion. Clearly I know much less to be able to form a good argument about MEX as a Delta hub (or not) for the South.

tphuang

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:15 pm

JDawgboy512 wrote:
I'm curious as to why tphuang is so adamant about Delta not planning anything significant at AUS?

Lets look at the facts as they stand. We know that Delta has spent a good amount of money for a very nice Skylounge and skydeck. Why would they do this if they were not planning to expand routes or increase the amount of Delta passengers into ABIA? Simply for the heck of it? Not trying to be snarky so forgive me if it comes off that way but it's a valid question.

Now if they are indeed taking all the gates in the east wing (save the shared international gates), that would be a significant increase from their current gate count? So what are they going to do just add flights to the same cities that Delta currently flies out of Austin? If your going to Seattle you have 3 gates specifically dedicated to flying to Seattle.... Awesome huh. (sarcasm alert)

My point to tphuang is that Delta obviously is planning expanding in a considerable way. How much? Well we will simply have to wait and see but the idea that Delta isn't planning anything for Austin goes against the facts that we already know of. We are putting together bits and pieces of hearsay to try to get an idea of what could ultimately happen and herein lies the debate.

In terms of the Chamber of Commerce meeting on Feb 6th, that much is confirmed. Just look on their website. We will know one way or the other if this big delta announcement is significant or if it's merely hype for things that we already know about.

Side note: SXSW is the largest music, film, tech/multimedia and all things pop culture conference and festival in the world. That is why your seeing dedicated international directs added during March.

You should ask that question to ed bastian.

They have sky clubs in many cities that are not hubs or focus cities. Is portland a focus city? They have a sky club there.

I just have trouble seeing how many new routes they can add. Please enlighten me. It doesn't seem like the other major markets from Austin are possibilities. But I digress, I get the point that my presence is unwelcomed here.

khowaga

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:48 pm

tphuang wrote:
JDawgboy512 wrote:
I'm curious as to why tphuang is so adamant about Delta not planning anything significant at AUS?

Lets look at the facts as they stand. We know that Delta has spent a good amount of money for a very nice Skylounge and skydeck. Why would they do this if they were not planning to expand routes or increase the amount of Delta passengers into ABIA? Simply for the heck of it? Not trying to be snarky so forgive me if it comes off that way but it's a valid question.

Now if they are indeed taking all the gates in the east wing (save the shared international gates), that would be a significant increase from their current gate count? So what are they going to do just add flights to the same cities that Delta currently flies out of Austin? If your going to Seattle you have 3 gates specifically dedicated to flying to Seattle.... Awesome huh. (sarcasm alert)

My point to tphuang is that Delta obviously is planning expanding in a considerable way. How much? Well we will simply have to wait and see but the idea that Delta isn't planning anything for Austin goes against the facts that we already know of. We are putting together bits and pieces of hearsay to try to get an idea of what could ultimately happen and herein lies the debate.

In terms of the Chamber of Commerce meeting on Feb 6th, that much is confirmed. Just look on their website. We will know one way or the other if this big delta announcement is significant or if it's merely hype for things that we already know about.

Side note: SXSW is the largest music, film, tech/multimedia and all things pop culture conference and festival in the world. That is why your seeing dedicated international directs added during March.

They have sky clubs in many cities that are not hubs or focus cities. Is portland a focus city? They have a sky club there.

I just have trouble seeing how many new routes they can add. Please enlighten me. It doesn't seem like the other major markets from Austin are possibilities. But I digress, I get the point that my presence is unwelcomed here.

Play nice, folks. Only DL knows for sure what DL is doing, until then it’s just speculation.

My educated guess would be the MX facility will be the core of the announcement, and my reasoning for it is that it’s a chamber announcement. The chamber likes advertising job creation (for example, when Frontier made their announcement that they had consulted their Ouija board and thrown a bunch of darts at a map... I mean, that they were doubling the number of destinations served from Austin, it was still an airport announcement, not a chamber announcement).

That said, it’s also undeniable that DL’s increase in real estate at AUS indicates some plan to increase their presence here in terms of routes served. What that looks like? My guess is as good as yours. Maybe the Frontier route planning division will loan us their Ouija board?

afcjets

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 pm

BreezyIAH wrote:
if DL had a "focus city" at AUS, couldn't SkyWest or someone else start AUS to ELP, AMA, LBB, MAF, LRD, MFE, CRP, HOU, and DAL?...

Then it would no longer be a focus city, it would be a hub (assuming those flights are timed for connections).

CarlosSi

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:08 pm

tphuang wrote:
JDawgboy512 wrote:

Nono you’re fine on my book! People just don’t want their hopes down.

ADrum23

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:10 pm

KD5MDK wrote:
It really depends on the business what kind of connectivity they desire. If you can easily get to DFW, ORD, JFK, EWR, PHL, IAD, ATL, CLT, MIA you have a whole lot of 1 stop connections to Europe, Africa and South America destinations. It is pretty easy to get to those places. Now, it is harder to get to more minor destinations that only have in-continent service, but flights to LHR, FRA and LGW cover a lot of that.
Same going west, if you can get to LAX or SFO, most of the major destinations in Asia are only one stop.

That said, I'll bet most people in Austin only really want to go to the US, Canada and Mexico. That's definitely not me, but it's probably most people. So for them, Southwest absolutely meets their needs, and has a lot of things going for it they prefer. If those passengers really wanted to be on a Global Carrier they'd already be loyal to AA or UA, but they're on WN right now.

To your first point, once again, the problem is WN does not codeshare with any international airlines, so you cannot make direct connections to overseas flights via WN. Plus, in some cases, they don't even fly into the primary airport in the city (including AUS in-state rivals DFW and IAH) making connections even more difficult.

Secondly, AUS has more international travel than you think. In any case, WN does not currently serve Canada and only has limited flights to Mexico, so they don't really serve needs there either. As Austin becomes more of a global city that has businesses that will require more overseas travel, WN is going to find it increasingly difficult to accommodate that unless they grow up and start codesharing with other airlines (and in cases such as Dallas, move to the main airport in town).

JDawgboy512

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:46 am

tphuang wrote:
JDawgboy512 wrote:

I never said your presence is unwelcomed at all, in fact I think it's great that you are interested in joining the conversation, I simply think there's more going on with Delta than what your thinking. As I said in my post that it I came off snarky please forgive me in advance. I was in a bad mood and I tend to let it bleed into my comments. I do my best not to post until I'm in better moods but it also depends on how much time I have.

KD5MDK

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 am

ADrum23 wrote:
KD5MDK wrote:
It really depends on the business what kind of connectivity they desire. If you can easily get to DFW, ORD, JFK, EWR, PHL, IAD, ATL, CLT, MIA you have a whole lot of 1 stop connections to Europe, Africa and South America destinations. It is pretty easy to get to those places. Now, it is harder to get to more minor destinations that only have in-continent service, but flights to LHR, FRA and LGW cover a lot of that.
Same going west, if you can get to LAX or SFO, most of the major destinations in Asia are only one stop.

That said, I'll bet most people in Austin only really want to go to the US, Canada and Mexico. That's definitely not me, but it's probably most people. So for them, Southwest absolutely meets their needs, and has a lot of things going for it they prefer. If those passengers really wanted to be on a Global Carrier they'd already be loyal to AA or UA, but they're on WN right now.

To your first point, once again, the problem is WN does not codeshare with any international airlines, so you cannot make direct connections to overseas flights via WN. Plus, in some cases, they don't even fly into the primary airport in the city (including AUS in-state rivals DFW and IAH) making connections even more difficult.

Secondly, AUS has more international travel than you think. In any case, WN does not currently serve Canada and only has limited flights to Mexico, so they don't really serve needs there either. As Austin becomes more of a global city that has businesses that will require more overseas travel, WN is going to find it increasingly difficult to accommodate that unless they grow up and start codesharing with other airlines (and in cases such as Dallas, move to the main airport in town).

My point is if those passengers really want to fly a Global Airline, they're probably already on AA or UA. If they're not heavily motivated by that, they're what gives WN a 30% market share in AUS. Most flyers aren't elite. Most don't earn the miles to get them to Europe or Asia. If they do need to go visit Buckingham Palace, they'll fly on Norwegian, or a discount ticket on BA.

I think that WN can successfully continue to meet the needs of 30% of the Austin population in the future, and not lose too much market share to Delta.

william

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

SWA pulled back at ATL vs Delta. I do think Delta is under no illusion the same will happen at AUS. SWA has been the dominant carrier for some time and will remain so. Delta can still grow just by the simple fact 150 people a day move to the Austin area (just let that sink in). So AUS will continue to see growth just based on population growth let alone the business the activity in Austin.

khowaga

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm

william wrote:
SWA pulled back at ATL vs Delta. I do think Delta is under no illusion the same will happen at AUS. SWA has been the dominant carrier for some time and will remain so. Delta can still grow just by the simple fact 150 people a day move to the Austin area (just let that sink in). So AUS will continue to see growth just based on population growth let alone the business the activity in Austin.

Exactly. Austin is still the capital of Texas, and there’s going to be plenty of intrastate travel that WN has the advantage on. They also do quite well for themselves in other markets (they operate the only non stops between AUS and DCA, BWI, MDW, MSY, STL for example). WN is a domestic focused carrier and that works for them here.

Most of WN’s non-beach international service is focused on developing HOU right now (they dropped SAT-MEX, for example, which they inherited from AirTran)—I don’t really see them starting up other service from AUS right now, but there’s plenty of room for both WN and DL here.

YRflier

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:38 am

BreezyIAH wrote:
if DL had a "focus city" at AUS, couldn't SkyWest or someone else start AUS to ELP, AMA, LBB, MAF, LRD, MFE, CRP, HOU, and DAL?
They do serve both HOU and DAL...

If we are talking focus city and not hub, then only two Texas destinations make sense for AUS, HRL and ELP. DL already has stations at both airports and WN already operates a daily non-stop to HRL from AUS.

ADrum23

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 am

Any word on the rumored Austin announcement on the 6th?

masonh2479

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:25 am

ADrum23 wrote:

Nothing, things have been very quiet regarding the Feb 6 meeting, they are very good at keeping secrets. If nothing is announced at this meeting then I have no idea why ABIA and Delta have not yet officially said CVG-AUS is starting.

For those of you that are interested, the meeting begins at 11 at the JW.
https://www.austinchamber.com/membership/events/annual-meeting

flymco753

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:56 am

masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Nothing, things have been very quiet regarding the Feb 6 meeting, they are very good at keeping secrets. If nothing is announced at this meeting then I have no idea why ABIA and Delta have not yet officially said CVG-AUS is starting.

For those of you that are interested, the meeting begins at 11 at the JW.
https://www.austinchamber.com/membership/events/annual-meeting
I suppose IND and MCO could also be announced, IND on a CR7 and MCO on a CR9 or E170/75.
Resort and other ground transportation options are on level 1.

24Whiskey

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 am

I recall that the BOS, RDU and SEA flights were posted on AUS/ABIA’s Facebook by the following day or two. Nothing on CVG and more interesting nothing on the SkyClub. Those ads in the terminal have been up for 6 weeks now.

Or we’re reading way too into it. This is A.net after all...

masonh2479

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Austin saw 13,889,305 passengers last year. The 2017 numbers have been published and can be found here: http://austintexas.gov/news/december-2017-passenger-cargo-traffic-austin-bergstrom

I could see IND and MCO being announced, most likely operated by regional jets like you stated.

khowaga

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Enliria’s weekly OAG analysis thread shows that Volaris is pulling out of AUS in March. No big surprise there, the LF was below 50% on AUS-GDL.

Midwestindy

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 pm

I forgot to post this last week but AUS-CUN will be 2x daily on Saturdays this summer....
2018: ATL, BOS, CDG, DCA, DFW, DTW, JFK, IND, LAX, LGA, MIA, MSP, ORD, TPA....Loading....

TransWorldOne

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:08 pm

khowaga wrote:
Enliria’s weekly OAG analysis thread shows that Volaris is pulling out of AUS in March. No big surprise there, the LF was below 50% on AUS-GDL.

Not surprising. AUS has always struggled to maintain Mexico service, a problem which nearby SAT doesn't have. It really is interesting how different the SAT and AUS markets are despite their close proximity to one another.

khowaga

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:13 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
khowaga wrote:

Not surprising. AUS has always struggled to maintain Mexico service, a problem which nearby SAT doesn't have. It really is interesting how different the SAT and AUS markets are despite their close proximity to one another.

Eep. I thought I edited that to include more detail.

Yes, you're absolutely right. The A320 that Volaris uses is far too much plane for that route (also it was poorly timed for connections within Mexico, and was also frequently cancelled). AM has finally managed to make AUS-MEX a success; and there is a persistent rumor they want to start AUS-GDL with a much smaller aircraft (and were waiting for Y4 to leave to do so). We shall see!

malev2012

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Looks like the Airport is now public about CVG starting: http://www.austintexas.gov/news/delta-a ... ky-nonstop

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 am

So does today's AUS-CVG announcement negate any big announcement for tomorrow?

masonh2479

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 am

ADrum23 wrote:

No it doesn’t. It is suspicious that the announcement was put off till the day before the meeting though.

JDawgboy512

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:51 am

ADrum23 wrote:

I wouldn't think so because if there is a big announcement forthcoming tomorrow, a single route addition wouldn't be much of an announcement in of itself. I would venture there will be a few additional announcements likely bundled together as a prelude to someting more substantial.

Interestingly enough, if you check out the Delta network thread, a new forumer popped up with some supposed insider info about Delta and AUS. Of course we should take what we see on here with a grain of salt until official confirmation, but I do think at the very least some of our questions will be answered tomorrow. Not saying that they are gonna come out and announce Austin the next Delta hub or anything like that but we will likely get an idea about what Delta is aiming for in the short term at least.

JDawgboy512

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:58 am

I came across this online regarding the new route along with another from CVG from a USA Today article that just came out. It's not hard to imagine that Delta would be interested in Austin considering there is a gap not just for Texas, but much of the central and southwestern part of the country.

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 am

JDawgboy512 wrote:

I came across this online regarding the new route along with another from CVG from a USA Today article that just came out. It's not hard to imagine that Delta would be interested in Austin considering there is a gap not just for Texas, but much of the central and southwestern part of the country.

At the minimum, I see a CVG/RDU/BOS-style focus city coming to AUS so DL can gain somewhat of a foothold in Texas. I could see it becoming their 9th hub long term, but it would likely be built up slowly.

Jshank83

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:47 pm

When is this meeting today? Also, doesn't it seem weird they would make some big DL announcement at this meeting and not at the airport in a press conference? It seems like something like this is always done at the airport in a press conference with a media message going out beforehand.

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Any word on what’s going on in the meeting?

TransWorldOne

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:09 pm

This anticipation regarding this supposed announcement is killing me! I have a feeling I should prepare myself to be underwhelmed.

malev2012

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:37 pm

I suspect nothing is happening at the meeting, it's the annual meeting of the chamber. Seems an odd place for individual business to make an announcement.

masonh2479

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 pm

ADrum23 wrote:

Delta VP Erik Snell is at the meeting and just announced the sky club. Most likely that was the "big announcement", very disappointing.

TransWorldOne

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:56 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Delta VP Erik Snell is at the meeting and just announced the sky club. Most likely that was the "big announcement", very disappointing.

Very disappointing indeed. Still interesting that DL would introduce a SkyClub with a sky deck at an out station. I'm still crossing my fingers that DL has bigger plans for AUS in the works.

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:58 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

But that was public knowledge already.

masonh2479

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Very disappointing indeed. Still interesting that DL would introduce a SkyClub with a sky deck at an out station. I'm still crossing my fingers that DL has bigger plans for AUS in the works.

Let's hope so, here is the press release. http://news.delta.com/delta-sky-club-expanding-austin-new-club-opening-2019

masonh2479

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:02 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Yes it was, I have no idea why Delta decided to fly a guy to Austin to break the news a couple months after it was already revealed. Lesson learned, never take any "big announcement" seriously until something big is actually announced.

jplatts

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:42 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

Yes it was, I have no idea why Delta decided to fly a guy to Austin to break the news a couple months after it was already revealed. Lesson learned, never take any "big announcement" seriously until something big is actually announced.

masonh2479 wrote:
Let's hope so, here is the press release. http://news.delta.com/delta-sky-club-expanding-austin-new-club-opening-2019

DL does have Sky Clubs at airports that are currently not hubs or focus cities for DL, including ORD, DEN, DFW, FLL, IND, JAX, MEM, MIA, MKE, MSY, EWR, PHL, PDX, SAN, SFO, TPA, and DCA. However, DFW, MEM, and PDX were former DL hubs, and EWR is also in the NYC metropolitan area along with DL's LGA and JFK hubs.

ty97

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:49 pm

IF DL has some expansion plans for AUS, as I tend to think they do, it seems a bit early for them to announce them. The new gates won't come on-line until 2019, which is the earliest opportunity that DL will have to add gate space, which they will need if they intend to expand operations. Airlines don't generally announce new/expanded routes a year+ in advance.

Western727

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 pm

JDawgboy512 wrote:
I posted this in a different thread but word is the Austin Chamber of Commerce will have a big Delta announcement on Feb 6th.

Let the speculation begin.

Feb. 5th announcement:
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/delta-a ... ky-nonstop

Feb. 6th announcement:
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/delta-s ... ening-2019

CVG...on a CR7, no less...is certainly ho-hum, so it was clearly the SkyClub announcement. Nice!
Jack @ AUS

masonh2479

ty97 wrote:
IF DL has some expansion plans for AUS, as I tend to think they do, it seems a bit early for them to announce them. The new gates won't come on-line until 2019, which is the earliest opportunity that DL will have to add gate space, which they will need if they intend to expand operations. Airlines don't generally announce new/expanded routes a year+ in advance.

I agree with what you are stating, I don’t know if Delta has more room to expand domestically with the gates they currently have but most of us were looking for AMS which would use the international gates that I don’t think are near capacity.

SunsetLimited

I don’t think a SkyClub having an outdoor deck necessarily would be a sign that the airport would see a large DL expansion. If anything it’s just a nice feature in a new facility. Heck, the new terminal being built at MSY is going to have a fancy new 2-level SkyClub and I don’t think that correlates to increased service. But I do hope DL expands at AUS in the future because it’s a great city.
Spread hope like fire.

masonh2479

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Western727 wrote:
JDawgboy512 wrote:
I posted this in a different thread but word is the Austin Chamber of Commerce will have a big Delta announcement on Feb 6th.

Let the speculation begin.

Feb. 5th announcement:
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/delta-a ... ky-nonstop

Feb. 6th announcement:
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/delta-s ... ening-2019

CVG...on a CR7, no less...is certainly ho-hum, so it was clearly the SkyClub announcement. Nice!

At least it’s not on a CRJ2, I hate that thing.

Indy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 pm

masonh2479 wrote:

At least it wasn't a dance troupe lol. Getting the club is a win.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

masonh2479

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Indy wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

At least it wasn't a dance troupe lol. Getting the club is a win.

Lol, or the big announcement is Delta is leaving AUS.

TransWorldOne

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm

jplatts wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

masonh2479 wrote:

DL does have Sky Clubs at airports that are currently not hubs or focus cities for DL, including ORD, DEN, DFW, FLL, IND, JAX, MEM, MIA, MKE, MSY, EWR, PHL, PDX, SAN, SFO, TPA, and DCA. However, DFW, MEM, and PDX were former DL hubs, and EWR is also in the NYC metropolitan area along with DL's LGA and JFK hubs.

Yes, but how many non hub locations feature a Skydeck? Zero. Except for AUS now I guess..

Midwestindy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
jplatts wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

masonh2479 wrote:

Yes, but how many non hub locations feature a Skydeck? Zero. Except for AUS now I guess..

I'd wager that a good deal of these Sky Clubs couldn't have Skydecks, just based on the design of each airport...
2018: ATL, BOS, CDG, DCA, DFW, DTW, JFK, IND, LAX, LGA, MIA, MSP, ORD, TPA....Loading....

ty97

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
ty97 wrote:

I agree with what you are stating, I don’t know if Delta has more room to expand domestically with the gates they currently have but most of us were looking for AMS which would use the international gates that I don’t think are near capacity.

I'd love to see them add AMS seasonally (at least) outside of SXSW. I figure it probably makes sense for them to wait and do that when/if they add other flights (to help with feed). Of course, I'm just guessing here!

TransWorldOne

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:14 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
I don’t think a SkyClub having an outdoor deck necessarily would be a sign that the airport would see a large DL expansion. If anything it’s just a nice feature in a new facility. Heck, the new terminal being built at MSY is going to have a fancy new 2-level SkyClub and I don’t think that correlates to increased service. But I do hope DL expands at AUS in the future because it’s a great city.

I suppose you're right. I always thought of the Skydeck as a feature that only flagship lounges at large hub airports would have. Apparently Delta feels differently. Either way, this club is a big win for Austin customers. I've always enjoyed the Skydecks at the JFK and ATL clubs.

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

I suppose you're right. I always thought of the Skydeck as a feature that only flagship lounges at large hub airports would have. Apparently Delta feels differently. Either way, this club is a big win for Austin customers. I've always enjoyed the Skydecks at the JFK and ATL clubs.

But it would seem odd that DL is investing all this money for a SkyClub with an outdoor skydeck for an airport that currently only has DL flights to their hubs/focus cities. DL doesn't technically fly any P2P routes yet from AUS.

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
jplatts wrote:

I'd wager that a good deal of these Sky Clubs couldn't have Skydecks, just based on the design of each airport...

Maybe, but if I'm not mistaken, this will also will be a bit bigger than most non-hub/focus city Sky Clubs. IMO, it would be odd for DL to be putting all this money into a state of the art Sky Club with a Skydeck simply to service existing O&D traffic, when they are currently 4th in AUS and they only fly to hub/focus cities right now. The investment leads me to believe they will be building at least a CVG/RDU-like focus city operation.

ADrum23

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 pm

Maybe AMS (and other routes that could be the beginning of the focus city operation) won't be announced until fall. IIRC, the last round of TATL flights from DL (such as IND-CDG), were announced then, so my guess is we'll see something late summer, early fall.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos