Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Since everyone else is doing predictions I will do one for STL for 2018:

BA to LHR gets announced, finally.
Spirit still doesn't come
Someone else jumps on the Boston route. I will guess Jetblue comes and starts it. Maybe they will start JFK also since we don't have a flight to JFK and they can run codeshares to Europe through it.
WN adds 2 more destinations. 1 being international. I really don't have any good guesses on this but I will throw out BDL and MBJ.
PIT goes 2x daily on WN.
I would like to say G4 will add something at BLV but their schedule is out into August so that limits options, so I will say it stays as is for now. LAX seems like a long route and Savannah would have had to have been added to start earlier most likely.

Not much else to choose from. I think STL has pretty rounded out service at the moment. I think there will be one surprise add coming from someone that hasn't really been considered or talked about much.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 1960
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:32 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
BA to LHR gets announced, finally.
Spirit still doesn't come
Someone else jumps on the Boston route. I will guess Jetblue comes and starts it. Maybe they will start JFK also since we don't have a flight to JFK and they can run codeshares to Europe through it.
WN adds 2 more destinations. 1 being international. I really don't have any good guesses on this but I will throw out BDL and MBJ.
PIT goes 2x daily on WN.
I would like to say G4 will add something at BLV but their schedule is out into August so that limits options, so I will say it stays as is for now. LAX seems like a long route and Savannah would have had to have been added to start earlier most likely.

Quite possible
Maybe
Depends on JFK slots, other mature stations like CLE and DTW might be first for JFK service.
Most likely WN will keep expanding.
Probably
SAV, SFB, PIE, PGD, MYR, JAX, VPS are most likely.
Resort and other ground transportation options are on level 1.
 
stlgph
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Denver: United replaces a frequency or two from United Express.
Montego Bay: can see this on Southwest.
Punta Cana: could also see this on Southwest.

in the realm of "let's make this fun"
Cincinnati or Norfolk or Tucson add(s) on Southwest

while everyone keeps going on about British Airways .... my guess is Aer Lingus, summer 2019.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Happy new year.

I have created a new thread for 2018 and moved the posts accordingly.

Link to the previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1352231&p=19285047#p19285047
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:55 pm

flymco753 wrote:
SAV, SFB, PIE, PGD, MYR, JAX, VPS are most likely.


BLV already has all those (plus FLL, LAS, AZA) except SAV.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:01 pm

stlgph wrote:
Denver: United replaces a frequency or two from United Express.
Montego Bay: can see this on Southwest.
Punta Cana: could also see this on Southwest.

in the realm of "let's make this fun"
Cincinnati or Norfolk or Tucson add(s) on Southwest

while everyone keeps going on about British Airways .... my guess is Aer Lingus, summer 2019.


Punta Cana would have been my other guess if not Montego. I think if another Intl is added it almost as to be one of those 2. AUA would be a fun one but probably less likely.

I would love for Reno (as a wild card) to be added on Southwest because I have have to go there on the next extension time frame, but I know that won't happen. CVG I think is a good guess. I forgot about that one.

Trans States being in STL kills our UA mainline options, imo. It is a shame since I would probably make UA my go to legacy if they quit flying so many 135/145s out of STL.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Since everyone else is doing predictions I will do one for STL for 2018:

BA to LHR gets announced, finally.
Spirit still doesn't come
Someone else jumps on the Boston route. I will guess Jetblue comes and starts it. Maybe they will start JFK also since we don't have a flight to JFK and they can run codeshares to Europe through it.
WN adds 2 more destinations. 1 being international. I really don't have any good guesses on this but I will throw out BDL and MBJ.
PIT goes 2x daily on WN.
I would like to say G4 will add something at BLV but their schedule is out into August so that limits options, so I will say it stays as is for now. LAX seems like a long route and Savannah would have had to have been added to start earlier most likely.

Not much else to choose from. I think STL has pretty rounded out service at the moment. I think there will be one surprise add coming from someone that hasn't really been considered or talked about much.


1) Don't see this happening in 2018 (hope I am wrong)
2) Don't think they will
3) B6 doesn't seem or has never seemed interested in it before, why now?
4) I would LOVE to see them add SJD (seasonal) and would be very interested in seeing the data/numbers of pax who originate or connect in STL and go to SJD each week/daily.
5) Sure! Why not!
6) Couldn't tell you about G4/BLV :-)
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Since everyone else is doing predictions I will do one for STL for 2018:

BA to LHR gets announced, finally.
Spirit still doesn't come
Someone else jumps on the Boston route. I will guess Jetblue comes and starts it. Maybe they will start JFK also since we don't have a flight to JFK and they can run codeshares to Europe through it.
WN adds 2 more destinations. 1 being international. I really don't have any good guesses on this but I will throw out BDL and MBJ.
PIT goes 2x daily on WN.
I would like to say G4 will add something at BLV but their schedule is out into August so that limits options, so I will say it stays as is for now. LAX seems like a long route and Savannah would have had to have been added to start earlier most likely.

Not much else to choose from. I think STL has pretty rounded out service at the moment. I think there will be one surprise add coming from someone that hasn't really been considered or talked about much.


1) Don't see this happening in 2018 (hope I am wrong)
2) Don't think they will
3) B6 doesn't seem or has never seemed interested in it before, why now?
4) I would LOVE to see them add SJD (seasonal) and would be very interested in seeing the data/numbers of pax who originate or connect in STL and go to SJD each week/daily.
5) Sure! Why not!
6) Couldn't tell you about G4/BLV :-)

For me not already discussed

AS adds SFO maybe SJO
WN adds ABQ, a new northeastern city like ORF
I know I keep repeating this but someone adds FRA after Monsanto is finalized
DL adds BOS, not B6 (the MCI flight is the reason why I say this)

Hopes:
Via air comes here after successful flights in MCI and AUS
Same for Elite and Onejet
AA continues STL rebirth we have seen in 2016-17
DL/UA finally add STL service to all of their American hubs/focus cities as they have done for our peer cities (JFK, LAX, BOS, RDU)
Air Choice One and Cape air figure out a way to keep winning contracts or expand beyond EAS in STL instead of losing bids or emphasizing ORD with token STL flights as we have seen recently
We are able to emphasize our importance in history and our city/state's natural beauty to land more international tourism based routes and fill the Keflavik route we already have.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 pm

stl07 wrote:
For me not already discussed

AS adds SFO maybe SJO
WN adds ABQ, a new northeastern city like ORF
I know I keep repeating this but someone adds FRA after Monsanto is finalized
DL adds BOS, not B6 (the MCI flight is the reason why I say this)

Hopes:
Via air comes here after successful flights in MCI and AUS
Same for Elite and Onejet
AA continues STL rebirth we have seen in 2016-17
DL/UA finally add STL service to all of their American hubs/focus cities as they have done for our peer cities (JFK, LAX, BOS, RDU)
Air Choice One and Cape air figure out a way to keep winning contracts or expand beyond EAS in STL instead of losing bids or emphasizing ORD with token STL flights as we have seen recently
We are able to emphasize our importance in history and our city/state's natural beauty to land more international tourism based routes and fill the Keflavik route we already have.


I have a feeling Onejet won't come to STL because they seem to pick off routes that don't already have flights. Since WN flies a lot to a lot of their main spots from STL I am not sure what they would start.
I'll be curious to see how ViaAir does at MCI.

I assume you meant SJC not SJO for AS?
 
User avatar
14JDK
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 pm

British Airways in STL? There hasn't been any international flights out or to STL since Trans World merged into American! Hope they use the 787
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL Air Service Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
For me not already discussed

AS adds SFO maybe SJO
WN adds ABQ, a new northeastern city like ORF
I know I keep repeating this but someone adds FRA after Monsanto is finalized
DL adds BOS, not B6 (the MCI flight is the reason why I say this)

Hopes:
Via air comes here after successful flights in MCI and AUS
Same for Elite and Onejet
AA continues STL rebirth we have seen in 2016-17
DL/UA finally add STL service to all of their American hubs/focus cities as they have done for our peer cities (JFK, LAX, BOS, RDU)
Air Choice One and Cape air figure out a way to keep winning contracts or expand beyond EAS in STL instead of losing bids or emphasizing ORD with token STL flights as we have seen recently
We are able to emphasize our importance in history and our city/state's natural beauty to land more international tourism based routes and fill the Keflavik route we already have.


I have a feeling Onejet won't come to STL because they seem to pick off routes that don't already have flights. Since WN flies a lot to a lot of their main spots from STL I am not sure what they would start.
I'll be curious to see how ViaAir does at MCI.

I assume you meant SJC not SJO for AS?

Yes SJC excuse me
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:19 pm

14JDK wrote:
British Airways in STL? There hasn't been any international flights out or to STL since Trans World merged into American! Hope they use the 787


You mean no Trans Atlantic flights? There have been and currently ARE International flights from Lambert to various places.
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:19 pm

14JDK wrote:
There hasn't been any international flights out or to STL since Trans World merged into American!

By international do you mean Europe?--we have quite a few routes already including Latin America, Iceland, and Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis ... al_Airport click on "Airlines and Destinations"
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 pm

The wingtips lounge opens this week in T2. There also is one in JFK.

http://wingtipslounge.com/STL/

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... -this.html

A new common-use lounge is set to open at St. Louis Lambert International Airport on Friday.

Wingtips St. Louis will open in Terminal 2 and will feature a food buffet, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and selection of spirits, wines and beers, high-speed Wi-Fi, in-lounge restrooms and more. The lounge will be available to all passengers, regardless of the class of the airline ticket.

Businesses can buy corporate packages, and memberships are available for an annual fee of $75-$500. A single-pass visit ticket also is available for $38.

Wingtips, which is owned by Maryland Heights-based Airport Terminal Services Inc., operates one other common-use lounge, at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York.

A new lounge was among the requests by Lambert travelers to improve amenities at the airport. Other demands that Lambert has delivered on include hour-long free Wi-Fi and a new Three Kings Public House restaurant.
 
User avatar
OzarkD9S
Posts: 5051
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:31 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 pm

I wont make any predictions but I have a wishlist:

WN: RIC, ORF, BDL, ABQ, SNA (slots, I know), ONT.
BA: LHR or EI: DUB.
B6: BOS, FLL.
DL: JFK
SY: A return...to wherever the new SY is gonna go.
AM: MEX.
Next up: STL-MSP-BIL-MSP STL for my 2018 Birthday vacation in May. :birthday:
 
LambertMan
Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:26 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 pm

British Airways? Ha - Ha.

I have zero faith in St. Louis City or County government to pull that off. WOW is more St. Louis' speed.

I anticipate things will stay largely as-is in 2018, particularly since our hub carrier has expanded to a level in 2017 that most would consider to be full market saturation. Perhaps there is a market or two still out there - BDL / SDF / ABQ / JAX ? - but not many.
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 pm

LambertMan wrote:
British Airways? Ha - Ha.

I have zero faith in St. Louis City or County government to pull that off. WOW is more St. Louis' speed.

I anticipate things will stay largely as-is in 2018, particularly since our hub carrier has expanded to a level in 2017 that most would consider to be full market saturation. Perhaps there is a market or two still out there - BDL / SDF / ABQ / JAX ? - but not many.

Actually, the AUS, BNA, and supposedly SJC routes were supposed to go to us, but when it came time to write a check we faltered according to some experts
 
jplatts
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Southwest does not currently have nonstop service from STL to CLT, CVG, SLC, or IAD, but Southwest does serve CLT, CVG, SLC, and IAD, AA serves its CLT hub nonstop from STL, DL serves its CVG and SLC hubs nonstop from STL, UA serves its IAD hub nonstop from STL, and Southwest already serves both DCA and BWI (which are both in the Baltimore/Washington market along with IAD) nonstop from STL.

There are customers in the St. Louis area that are loyal to Southwest Airlines and that prefer to fly on Southwest Airlines over other airlines, and St. Louis is also one of the few markets along with Albuquerque, Lubbock, Kansas City, Midland/Odessa, Nashville, and Sacramento where Southwest has over 50% market share.

Southwest could add nonstop service from STL to CLT and CVG and bring back STL-SLC nonstop service in order to provide its St. Louis area customers with nonstop service to destinations that its competitors serve nonstop from STL. In addition, Southwest would be able to connect passengers to destinations no longer served nonstop from CVG (including DSM, LIT, OMA, ICT, OKC, and TUL) through STL if Southwest adds STL-CVG nonstop service. ICT also does not have any nonstop service to CLT on any airline, and Southwest would be able to connect passengers going between CLT and ICT through STL if Southwest adds STL-CLT nonstop service.

Southwest did serve SLC nonstop from STL in the past, and Southwest could bring back STL-SLC nonstop service. There are destinations served nonstop from STL on Southwest that do not have any nonstop service out of SLC on any airline, including CHS, CLE, CMH, LGA, ECP, PNS, PIT, and PBI, and Southwest would be able to connect passengers to these destinations from SLC through STL if Southwest brings back SLC-STL nonstop service.
 
stlgph
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:57 am

The problem with SLC is - the potential of what SLC could have been for the WN system, has been replaced by Denver.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 am

stlgph wrote:
The problem with SLC is - the potential of what SLC could have been for the WN system, has been replaced by Denver.

Instead of having some competition from DL at SLC they chose to have some competition with UA and a bloodbath with F9 at DEN. I read somewhere that WN at DEN was a major factor in transforming the airline to ULCC manner it is currently in.
 
777PHX
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:36 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 am

stl07 wrote:
14JDK wrote:
There hasn't been any international flights out or to STL since Trans World merged into American!

By international do you mean Europe?--we have quite a few routes already including Latin America, Iceland, and Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis ... al_Airport click on "Airlines and Destinations"


That's overstating it a bit. Iceland hasn't even started yet, there's *one* less than weekly RJ flight to Canada, and most of those flights to Mexico are also weekly.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:41 am

777PHX wrote:
stl07 wrote:
14JDK wrote:
There hasn't been any international flights out or to STL since Trans World merged into American!

By international do you mean Europe?--we have quite a few routes already including Latin America, Iceland, and Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis ... al_Airport click on "Airlines and Destinations"


That's overstating it a bit. Iceland hasn't even started yet, there's *one* less than weekly RJ flight to Canada, and most of those flights to Mexico are also weekly.


STL-YYZ runs 3x daily.
STL-CUN is daily on F9. Weekly on WN (but goes daily for March)
The rest of the Mexico flights as you said are weekly or twice weekly.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 am

I updated my Load Factor spread sheet a fair amount over the last week. Air Canada, Alaska, Delta, Southwest, United, and Allegiant (BLV) are all done. LGA and ORD are going to take some time to figure out on the legacies because they seem to share a couple regionals on some routes. So I might end up only doing partials to those stations. Frontier and American are next on the list for me to do. For legacy numbers I lumped in their regionals. Individual city pairs (by airline) have tabs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
STLflyer
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:04 am

Jshank83 wrote:
The wingtips lounge opens this week in T2. There also is one in JFK.

http://wingtipslounge.com/STL/

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... -this.html

A new common-use lounge is set to open at St. Louis Lambert International Airport on Friday.

Wingtips St. Louis will open in Terminal 2 and will feature a food buffet, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and selection of spirits, wines and beers, high-speed Wi-Fi, in-lounge restrooms and more. The lounge will be available to all passengers, regardless of the class of the airline ticket.

Businesses can buy corporate packages, and memberships are available for an annual fee of $75-$500. A single-pass visit ticket also is available for $38.

Wingtips, which is owned by Maryland Heights-based Airport Terminal Services Inc., operates one other common-use lounge, at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York.

A new lounge was among the requests by Lambert travelers to improve amenities at the airport. Other demands that Lambert has delivered on include hour-long free Wi-Fi and a new Three Kings Public House restaurant.


Any word on whether or not this will be a Priority Pass lounge?
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:21 am

STLflyer wrote:


Any word on whether or not this will be a Priority Pass lounge?


The one in JFK is so I would imagine this one would be shortly. I don't think it currently is listed as one. I'll be keeping an eye on if it changes Friday.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
I updated my Load Factor spread sheet a fair amount over the last week. Air Canada, Alaska, Delta, Southwest, United, and Allegiant (BLV) are all done. LGA and ORD are going to take some time to figure out on the legacies because they seem to share a couple regionals on some routes. So I might end up only doing partials to those stations. Frontier and American are next on the list for me to do. For legacy numbers I lumped in their regionals. Individual city pairs (by airline) have tabs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


Thank you for doing this. It is really insightful.
 
jplatts
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
WN: RIC, ORF, BDL, ABQ, SNA (slots, I know), ONT.


There is a lot of travel from ONT to domestic destinations that do not have any nonstop service from ONT, and STL is one of the top destinations traveled to from ONT (along with MCI, HOU, BNA, and BWI) that does not currently have any nonstop service from ONT. Southwest could add nonstop service from ONT to STL, MCI, HOU, BNA, and BWI since there is a lot of demand for flights from ONT to destinations not currently served nonstop from ONT, and the DOT Domestic Airline Consumer Airfare Report is showing an average of over 3000 passengers a day who travel between ONT and destinations that are not currently served nonstop from ONT in Q2 2017.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
I updated my Load Factor spread sheet a fair amount over the last week. Air Canada, Alaska, Delta, Southwest, United, and Allegiant (BLV) are all done. LGA and ORD are going to take some time to figure out on the legacies because they seem to share a couple regionals on some routes. So I might end up only doing partials to those stations. Frontier and American are next on the list for me to do. For legacy numbers I lumped in their regionals. Individual city pairs (by airline) have tabs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


Thank you for doing this. It is really insightful.


No problem. It is time consuming but fun to see the numbers. I am just happy people find it useful. Frontier has been added now. Just American and Xtra to go.
 
Trololzilla
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm

I've been keeping a list of airlines and possible destinations from STL as a bit of a pet project. I should explain my criteria: 'Likely' means that I see a >50% chance the flight gets added within the next 2 years. 'Maybe' means that I see a <50% chance of the flight being added at all and/or I don't see the flight being added within 2 years or so (try 3-6+). 'Unlikely' means that I see a very small chance (~ 5%, give or take) of the flight being added at all, or that the add would be very far out time-wise.

4O:
MEX - Unlikely

AM:
MEX - Maybe

B6:
BOS - Maybe
JFK - Maybe
FLL - Unlikely
MCO - Unlikely

BA:
LHR - Likely

DE:
FRA - Likely, provided BA/IAG begin service.

DL:
BOS - Maybe
JFK - Maybe

DY:
LGW - Maybe?
Others - Maybe?

EI:
DUB - Unlikely (probably only as IAG sub for LHR on BA)

FI:
KEF - Unlikely (unless they want to compete with WoW in such a small market)

LH:
FRA - Unlikely

NK:
Maybe? (perhaps at BLV? May be moot if they merge with Frontier)

SW:
ABQ
BDL
BOI
BUF
CLT
CVG
ELP
FAT
GEG
IAD
IND
MEM
ONT
ORF
PVD
SDF
SJC - Added (list was started before the last round of SW expansion - was an 'Unlikely')
SLC
SMF - Added (was a 'Likely')
XNA

Likely: IND; MEM
Maybe: ABQ; BDL; BUF; CLT; CVG; ONT; PVD; SDF; SLC; XNA
Unlikely: BOI; ELP; FAT; GEG; IAD; ORF

WS:
YYC - Unlikely

Y4:
GDL - Unlikely
MEX - Unlikely

I know the list probably isn't very accurate, but I find it somewhat amusing to see what actually gets added and see how I rated the destination before it was.
 
stlgph
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:36 pm

As Delta moves forward with its plans in the future to re-claim its gate space in Terminal A at Boston, I would venture a comment to say Delta Connection BOS/STL in the future would not be out of the question.

Didn't Delta used to have JFK/STL service? I could see this returning as they continue to boost their NYC offerings, and connections onto their international flights, and partner carriers.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:43 pm

STL's financials for the 2017 financial year (ending June 2017) were uploaded just before Christmas.

Landing fees were down 30 cents to $7.65
Cost per enplaned Passenger were down 60 cents to $11.23


https://cats.airports.faa.gov/Reports/reports.cfm
 
STLflyer
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:02 am

stlgph wrote:
Didn't Delta used to have JFK/STL service?


Yes, I flew STL-JFK-LHR back in 2011 on DL.
 
airportlover
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Southwest should add about an 11:00 am departure and a 2:00 arrival. Or maybe 12 pm departure and a 3:00 arrival. This would be perfect.
 
stlgph
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

airportlover wrote:
Southwest should add about an 11:00 am departure and a 2:00 arrival. Or maybe 12 pm departure and a 3:00 arrival. This would be perfect.


for who/what/where?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm

stlgph wrote:
airportlover wrote:
Southwest should add about an 11:00 am departure and a 2:00 arrival. Or maybe 12 pm departure and a 3:00 arrival. This would be perfect.


for who/what/where?


I am guessing he means JFK.
 
airportlover
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 pm

stlgph wrote:
airportlover wrote:
Southwest should add about an 11:00 am departure and a 2:00 arrival. Or maybe 12 pm departure and a 3:00 arrival. This would be perfect.


for who/what/where?


OMG SORRY!!!! I totally forgot to say to EWR.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Wingtips Lounge media day was today. Opens tomorrow. I saw they are serving Kaldi's coffee in it so that is nice they are using local.

Pics in this press release.
https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... terminal-2
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:23 pm

airportlover wrote:
stlgph wrote:
airportlover wrote:
Southwest should add about an 11:00 am departure and a 2:00 arrival. Or maybe 12 pm departure and a 3:00 arrival. This would be perfect.


for who/what/where?


OMG SORRY!!!! I totally forgot to say to EWR.


Oh duh. I didn't see you said Southwest, it obviously wouldn't have been JFK. Southwest runs a 1 oclock to LGA though

Also in another unrelated note I see that WOW seems to have brought some of the legacies down on Europe fares. Not to the WOW level but starting the week before WOW starts there are $700ish fares to DUB or AMS, $850 to Copenhagen, Paris, or London. $900 to Stockholm. I don't shop those routes often so maybe those aren't great deals but usually when I look they are over 1K it seems like.
 
airportlover
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
airportlover wrote:
stlgph wrote:

for who/what/where?


OMG SORRY!!!! I totally forgot to say to EWR.


Oh duh. I didn't see you said Southwest, it obviously wouldn't have been JFK. Southwest runs a 1 oclock to LGA though

Also in another unrelated note I see that WOW seems to have brought some of the legacies down on Europe fares. Not to the WOW level but starting the week before WOW starts there are $700ish fares to DUB or AMS, $850 to Copenhagen, Paris, or London. $900 to Stockholm. I don't shop those routes often so maybe those aren't great deals but usually when I look they are over 1K it seems like.


Yes, but EWR is more convenient for me lol. The 11:50 arrival at EWR does work, but a mid-afternoon arrival would be better for me. I also think WN could fill that flight, but there may not be enough capacity at EWR.

That's good that prices are declining. It makes STL more accessible to and from Europe.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:08 pm

airportlover wrote:

That's good that prices are declining. It makes STL more accessible to and from Europe.


Yes, I was planning on either flying to Chicago or New York first on Southwest, for an upcoming trip, then booking the Europe ticket from there but those prices but the total close enough I might just book it all from STL now.
 
airportlover
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
airportlover wrote:

That's good that prices are declining. It makes STL more accessible to and from Europe.


Yes, I was planning on either flying to Chicago or New York first on Southwest, for an upcoming trip, then booking the Europe ticket from there but those prices but the total close enough I might just book it all from STL now.


That's great.
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:12 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Wingtips Lounge media day was today. Opens tomorrow. I saw they are serving Kaldi's coffee in it so that is nice they are using local.

Pics in this press release.
https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... terminal-2

Interestingly, they specifically said "first" common lounge multiple times in multiple reports
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:35 am

stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Wingtips Lounge media day was today. Opens tomorrow. I saw they are serving Kaldi's coffee in it so that is nice they are using local.

Pics in this press release.
https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... terminal-2

Interestingly, they specifically said "first" common lounge multiple times in multiple reports


I don't think it is forshowing to another one (if that is what you are implying). I think it was just their way of differentiating it from the AA Club. There was this reply from people asking for a lounge in A. I still think a DL club is more likely than a common use club in A, and I am not sure either is likely. They really lack room for one in A.

https://twitter.com/flystl/status/948999947524956160
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 am

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Wingtips Lounge media day was today. Opens tomorrow. I saw they are serving Kaldi's coffee in it so that is nice they are using local.

Pics in this press release.
https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... terminal-2

Interestingly, they specifically said "first" common lounge multiple times in multiple reports


I don't think it is forshowing to another one (if that is what you are implying). I think it was just their way of differentiating it from the AA Club. There was this reply from people asking for a lounge in A. I still think a DL club is more likely than a common use club in A, and I am not sure either is likely. They really lack room for one in A.

https://twitter.com/flystl/status/948999947524956160

Ok after seeing that if there was any foreshadowing by the airport it was a club for DL. Thanks for the link.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Found this image from Saturday. Kind of cool to see almost all the gates full. Thought I would share.

Image
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 am

Have there been any scheduled widebodies in the last year or so, even if just for a one-off to a convention?
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:24 am

stl07 wrote:
Have there been any scheduled widebodies in the last year or so, even if just for a one-off to a convention?


DL has had some one off 767s from ATL but they are few and far between. The latest one I noticed was an equipment switch because after it landed here I was going to dummy book the flight back to ATL in the morning and it still listed it as a 757.
 
stl07
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:45 am

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Have there been any scheduled widebodies in the last year or so, even if just for a one-off to a convention?


DL has had some one off 767s from ATL but they are few and far between. The latest one I noticed was an equipment switch because after it landed here I was going to dummy book the flight back to ATL in the morning and it still listed it as a 757.

Wow, thanks for letting me know, I thought the days of widebodies were 100% over--even our TATL is on a narrowbody. Have you ever seen any that were scheduled? I (and Im sure many other STL based a.netters) would love to take a short trip just to be on one.
 
Jshank83
Topic Author
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:21 am

stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Have there been any scheduled widebodies in the last year or so, even if just for a one-off to a convention?


DL has had some one off 767s from ATL but they are few and far between. The latest one I noticed was an equipment switch because after it landed here I was going to dummy book the flight back to ATL in the morning and it still listed it as a 757.

Wow, thanks for letting me know, I thought the days of widebodies were 100% over--even our TATL is on a narrowbody. Have you ever seen any that were scheduled? I (and Im sure many other STL based a.netters) would love to take a short trip just to be on one.


I haven't in a long time. If I ever do I will post it.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:48 pm

stl07 wrote:
Have there been any scheduled widebodies in the last year or so, even if just for a one-off to a convention?


Last year we had this VS 744 stop to pick up PAX for a charter to Europe. Other than that, nope....
https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-news/2017/pretty-woman-stl-photo-of-the-week

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos