• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 18
 
beertrucker
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:13 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi all just a quick question. I am flying on the 23nd of March and returning on April 4th Narita to Manila back to Narita. I am trying to figure out which type of 763 I am supposed to be on. I know it has the mid Lavs. I am just not sure about blocked windows on this flight in the economy+ area of the plane? I think then flights are 180/181.

Also looking forward to flying on the A350 for the first time from DTW to NRT and Back. I think we got good seats for it. Just not found a review on the A350 economy section like in a trip report or a video report. All i have found is the Points guy and everyones elses report of PS and D1. Just wanted to see what other poeple have said about the trip in Y. Thanks
Fly HI
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:41 am

777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:
777Mech wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
Looks to tentatively be around February 15th. It will take about 60-70 days to complete.


Will the aircraft receive a heavy also during the mods,or that's just how long it takes for everything to be approved?


All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


What's does the AIMS2 avionics upgrade entails? I'm really curious...
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 am

beertrucker wrote:
Hi all just a quick question. I am flying on the 23nd of March and returning on April 4th Narita to Manila back to Narita. I am trying to figure out which type of 763 I am supposed to be on. I know it has the mid Lavs. I am just not sure about blocked windows on this flight in the economy+ area of the plane? I think then flights are 180/181.

NRT-MNL is operated by 763ER-low J (7 rows of J if you look at the seat map). And its not allocated to any specific subfleet so you could end up on DL/ex-Gulf/ex-Asiana. Coin flip.
 
777Mech
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 am

TropicalSky wrote:
777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:

Will the aircraft receive a heavy also during the mods,or that's just how long it takes for everything to be approved?


All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


What's does the AIMS2 avionics upgrade entails? I'm really curious...

AV today has some insight from back in 2003, I'm not sure why it took so long for DL to upgrade the avionics if it's been out for 15 or so years.

http://www.aviationtoday.com/2003/06/01 ... p-forward/
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:08 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/22
763: PHL-MSP NFL charter bringing the Vikings home following their defeat on Sunday (N140LL)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-AMS-JFK route (N172DN)
763ER-high J: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N179DN)
763ER-high J: LHR-MSP flight diverted to DTW - weather (N175DZ)
763ER-high J: MSP-LHR flight cancelled - weather (N175DZ)
763ER-high J: ATL-SEA ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N1612T)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on ATL-LHR-JFK route (N188DN)
763ER-low J: NRT-SIN-NRT flight cancelled - weather (N195DN)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N840MH)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N841MH)
772: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-NRT-ATL route (N866DA)
772: AMS-MSP flight diverted to DTW - weather (N867DA)
77L: JNB-ATL ferry flight following previous day's cancellation (N701DN)
333: MSP-AMS-MSP flight cancelled - weather (N802NW)
333: CDG-MSP flight diverted to DTW - weather (N805NW)
333: AMS-MSP flight diverted to DTW - weather (N813NW)
333: MSP-CDG-MSP flight cancelled - weather (N813NW)
359: NRT-DTW flight cancelled - weather (N501DN)
359: ICN-DTW flight cancelled - weather (N504DN)

* significant delays to all NRT flights due to weather
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:03 pm

777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:
777Mech wrote:

All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


What's does the AIMS2 avionics upgrade entails? I'm really curious...

AV today has some insight from back in 2003, I'm not sure why it took so long for DL to upgrade the avionics if it's been out for 15 or so years.

http://www.aviationtoday.com/2003/06/01 ... p-forward/


Thanks 777Mech that's a very informative link.....yea Delta was lagging behind on this one
 
tjerome
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 pm

777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:
777Mech wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
Looks to tentatively be around February 15th. It will take about 60-70 days to complete.


Will the aircraft receive a heavy also during the mods,or that's just how long it takes for everything to be approved?


All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


Is 7109 getting the new cabin as well? At SIN for 3 weeks now.
The comments and opinions expressed here are my own.
My FlightMemory
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:05 pm

tjerome wrote:
777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:

Is 7109 getting the new cabin as well? At SIN for 3 weeks now.

Is the mx done at both QPG and SIN, as N864DA is at QPG, and N709DN is at SIN, or did it ferry to QPG?
 
beertrucker
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:13 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
beertrucker wrote:
Hi all just a quick question. I am flying on the 23nd of March and returning on April 4th Narita to Manila back to Narita. I am trying to figure out which type of 763 I am supposed to be on. I know it has the mid Lavs. I am just not sure about blocked windows on this flight in the economy+ area of the plane? I think then flights are 180/181.

NRT-MNL is operated by 763ER-low J (7 rows of J if you look at the seat map). And its not allocated to any specific subfleet so you could end up on DL/ex-Gulf/ex-Asiana. Coin flip.


Thanks for the reponse. I not sure what the diffence of the 2 are. I remember i have flown a gulf bird many years ago when they all stayed mostly domestic. Asiana ones i am not sure the config on. Are they the same or diffrent from the Gulf birds? My family is in row 17 E F G on inbound and outbound. Just wanted to make sure we had a window and not one of the blocked ones for my daughter.

I know on the a350 from DTW we are in seats 30 GHJ and 30 ABC coming back. we also ordered the baby bassinet both legs of the long flights. From one photo i saw of row 30 GHJ it looks like we did good choice as for leg room. Picture can be seen here at Wandering Aramean. https://blog.wandr.me/2017/11/where-sit-delta-a350-best-seats/delta-a350-economy-class-bad-seats/ I was just wondeirng if anyone has seen any photos of where on the wing these seats are?

Sorry to anyone who thinks this is off topic but this is a wide body thread and I had questions about some wide body planes. If i need to move my post please let me know and i will.
Fly HI
 
777Mech
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

tjerome wrote:
777Mech wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:

Will the aircraft receive a heavy also during the mods,or that's just how long it takes for everything to be approved?


All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


Is 7109 getting the new cabin as well? At SIN for 3 weeks now.


It is not. I think they are going to knock out the ERs first, then then LRs. I'm not sure off the top of my head if the ERs are older than the LRs, but I think that's why they're scheduled that way.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:13 pm

777Mech wrote:
tjerome wrote:
777Mech wrote:

All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


Is 7109 getting the new cabin as well? At SIN for 3 weeks now.


It is not. I think they are going to knock out the ERs first, then then LRs. I'm not sure off the top of my head if the ERs are older than the LRs, but I think that's why they're scheduled that way.

Of the ERs, N861DA-N866DA were delivered in 1999, and then N867DA arrived in 2002. Of the LRs, N701DN-N703DN, N704DK, and N705DN-N708DN were delivered in 2009, and N709DN-N710DN arrived in 2010.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 pm

777Mech wrote:
tjerome wrote:
777Mech wrote:

All of the 777s are coming due for a heavy check, so they are doing the mods since the interior has to be torn out anyways.

The 777s are also getting the AIMS2 avionics upgrade as well.


Is 7109 getting the new cabin as well? At SIN for 3 weeks now.


It is not. I think they are going to knock out the ERs first, then then LRs. I'm not sure off the top of my head if the ERs are older than the LRs, but I think that's why they're scheduled that way.


Will this update include EFB's or that's already standard on Delta's B777
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 am

Apologies as I forgot to include N860DA, which was also delivered in 1999, in my reply #61 above!
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/23
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on MSP-ATL-MSP route (N140LL)
763: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on ATL-MCO-ATL route (N1402A)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on ATL-JFK route (N185DN)
763ER-high J: DTW-MSP ferry flight following previous day diversion (N175DZ)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on JFK-ATL route (N185DN)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N843MH)
772: DTW-MSP ferry flight following previous day diversion (N867DA)
333: DTW-MSP ferry flight following previous day diversion (N805NW)
333: DTW-MSP ferry flight following previous day diversion (N813NW)
359: NRT-DTW ferry flight following previous day's cancellation (N501DN)
359: DTW-CMH-PIT-CMH-DTW training flight (N503DN)
359: ICN-DTW ferry flight following previous day's cancellation (N504DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:45 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/24
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on SEA-ATL route (N1609)
763ER-low J: unscheduled downgrade from 764 on JFK-SFO-JFK route (N188DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on SLC-AMS route (N192DN)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-high J on ATL-DUS-ATL route (N830MH)
764: ATL-AMA ferry flight - entry into paint facility (N834MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N839MH)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N844MH)
359: DTW-GRR-MKE-GRR-DTW training flight (N503DN)
359: DTW-CMH-DAY-CMH-DTW training flight (N504DN)
 
SELMER40
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:35 am

Are each of these training flights training one pilot, one crew or more than one crew?
Teaching this old dog a new trick
 
FlyingGibbon
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 3:12 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Is there any way to tell how many miles a particular aircraft flew (or does anyone have that information)? I would love to see the lifetime stats of a couple of the particular 744s (6303, 6310, 6314).
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 pm

777Mech wrote:
audidudi wrote:
I wonder what's been going on with the sixth A350, N506DN, which arrived at ATL four weeks ago today? I know that it was delivered there for induction, but I'm surprised that it hasn't been doing some flight crew training flights, as the induction process probably only takes two weeks.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N506DN


Since it was the first time ATL has done a PTS on the 350, it took a little more time. The plane is done, and it's scheduled to do a few Air to Air video shoots on Monday-Wednesday.

I'm just curious whether those video shoots took place, as I couldn't find any flights on either FR24 or FlightAware, which departed and landed at ATL, on any of those three days? And are there any updates as to when it might actually enter revenue service as it's now been 5 weeks (tomorrow!), since it arrived at ATL?
 
777Mech
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:24 am

audidudi wrote:
777Mech wrote:
audidudi wrote:
I wonder what's been going on with the sixth A350, N506DN, which arrived at ATL four weeks ago today? I know that it was delivered there for induction, but I'm surprised that it hasn't been doing some flight crew training flights, as the induction process probably only takes two weeks.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N506DN


Since it was the first time ATL has done a PTS on the 350, it took a little more time. The plane is done, and it's scheduled to do a few Air to Air video shoots on Monday-Wednesday.

I'm just curious whether those video shoots took place, as I couldn't find any flights on either FR24 or FlightAware, which departed and landed at ATL, on any of those three days? And are there any updates as to when it might actually enter revenue service as it's now been 5 weeks (tomorrow!), since it arrived at ATL?


It seems as there was some sort of issue with the FDA approval. It's still sitting outside the TOC as of tonight. The shoot has been pushed back a week. Look for it to show up Monday or Tuesday.

Fwiw I've heard the frame isn't needed until March 24th.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:47 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/25
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on MSP-MCO-MSP route (N140LL)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on SLC-AMS route (N184DN)
763ER-low J: CAN-NRT ferry flight - maintenance exit [22 days] (N155DL)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 320 on JFK-ATL-JFK route - maintenance swap (N156DL/N187DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled downgrade from 764 on JFK-SFO-JFK route (N188DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on CDG-CVG-CDG route (N192DN)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-low J on JFK-LAX-JFK route (N831MH)
764: AMA-ATL ferry flight - exit paint facility [10 days] (N832MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N835MH)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N839MH)
772: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-NRT-ATL route (N863DA)
359: DTW-CMH-DAY-CMH-DTW training flight (N505DN)
 
FlyingGibbon
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 3:12 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:26 pm

FlyingGibbon wrote:
Is there any way to tell how many miles a particular aircraft flew (or does anyone have that information)? I would love to see the lifetime stats of a couple of the particular 744s (6303, 6310, 6314).


Or I suppose hours & cycles would be the more attainable numbers? :D
 
tjerome
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:09 am

FlyingGibbon wrote:
Is there any way to tell how many miles a particular aircraft flew (or does anyone have that information)? I would love to see the lifetime stats of a couple of the particular 744s (6303, 6310, 6314).


Not sure about those particular ships but when 6301 retired it had 61 million miles, that should give you some ballpark estimation.
The comments and opinions expressed here are my own.
My FlightMemory
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:43 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/26
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on AMS-SLC route (N184DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on CDG-SLC route (N192DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on JFK-SFO-JFK route (N199DN)
764: ATL-MCO ferry flight - passenger rescue earlier diversion (N831MH)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763-high J on ATL-DUS-ATL route (N836MH)
764: ATL-LIM diverted to MCO - technical issue (N838MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N841MH)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 332 on DTW-CDG-DTW (N818NW)
359: DTW-CMH-DAY-CMH-DTW training flight (N502DN)
 
User avatar
DL_Mech
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:02 pm

TropicalSky wrote:
Will this update include EFB's or that's already standard on Delta's B777


The LR's were delivered with the factory EFB and they were later removed. I guess they standardized on whatever tablet they are using these days.
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/27
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on ATL-MCO-ATL route (N1402A)
763ER-high J: BOS-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N178DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on JFK-LAX-JFK route (N1604R)
763ER-low J: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N153DL)
764: MCO-LIM-ATL rescue flight following yesterday's diversion (N831MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N841MH)
 
TW870
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Anyone know why N506DN has been in Atlanta since 12/22 and apparently not flown? Are they installing equipment on it post-production? It seems they can run NRT, ICN, and PEK from DTW with 5 A359s - but I am wondering why this airplane isn't in DTW to back up the operation in case of technical issues.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:26 pm

TW870 wrote:
Anyone know why N506DN has been in Atlanta since 12/22 and apparently not flown? Are they installing equipment on it post-production? It seems they can run NRT, ICN, and PEK from DTW with 5 A359s - but I am wondering why this airplane isn't in DTW to back up the operation in case of technical issues.

See my original post #37 above, and replies #40, 68 and 69! It's a good question, as if one of the A350s did go tech at DTW/ICN/NRT or PEK, then there wouldn't be a spare! Quite a risk!
 
Capn
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Quick off topic question.
Where are the post numbers ? I don't get those on the posts I read
Thanks
UH-1 DEHAVILAND HERON MARTIN 404 DC-9 CHALLENGER 601 FALCON 50 & 900EX
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Capn wrote:
Quick off topic question.
Where are the post numbers ? I don't get those on the posts I read
Thanks

At the top right corner of each reply! Mine is #79.
 
Capn
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:54 pm

audidudi wrote:
[quote="Capn"

At the top right corner of each reply! Mine is #79.[/quote]
Mine doesn't have that for some reason.
Thanks for reply anyway
UH-1 DEHAVILAND HERON MARTIN 404 DC-9 CHALLENGER 601 FALCON 50 & 900EX
 
User avatar
deltacto
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:37 pm

Capn wrote:
audidudi wrote:
[quote="Capn"

At the top right corner of each reply! Mine is #79.

Mine doesn't have that for some reason.
Thanks for reply anyway[/quote]

post numbers do not show up when using a mobile device .... i prefer using a PC anyway
 
TW870
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:39 pm

audidudi wrote:
TW870 wrote:
Anyone know why N506DN has been in Atlanta since 12/22 and apparently not flown? Are they installing equipment on it post-production? It seems they can run NRT, ICN, and PEK from DTW with 5 A359s - but I am wondering why this airplane isn't in DTW to back up the operation in case of technical issues.

See my original post #37 above, and replies #40, 68 and 69! It's a good question, as if one of the A350s did go tech at DTW/ICN/NRT or PEK, then there wouldn't be a spare! Quite a risk!


Ooh sorry about that. I read the whole thread last week and somehow spaced this while looking at A350 rotations on flight aware. Thanks again for directing me to the correct place.

My only guess on a backup plan for the A350 would be that they could try to sub an A332 or 777 as both fleets have some slack in the winter. But it would certainly be difficult to do quickly.
 
777Mech
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:50 pm

TW870 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
TW870 wrote:
Anyone know why N506DN has been in Atlanta since 12/22 and apparently not flown? Are they installing equipment on it post-production? It seems they can run NRT, ICN, and PEK from DTW with 5 A359s - but I am wondering why this airplane isn't in DTW to back up the operation in case of technical issues.

See my original post #37 above, and replies #40, 68 and 69! It's a good question, as if one of the A350s did go tech at DTW/ICN/NRT or PEK, then there wouldn't be a spare! Quite a risk!


Ooh sorry about that. I read the whole thread last week and somehow spaced this while looking at A350 rotations on flight aware. Thanks again for directing me to the correct place.

My only guess on a backup plan for the A350 would be that they could try to sub an A332 or 777 as both fleets have some slack in the winter. But it would certainly be difficult to do quickly.


I think their logic is that if it does go tech, any sort of delay would put the crew in jeopardy of timing out given the stage length, so the flight would canceled and they'll have the tech issue fixed for the next day.

3506 is ready to go if something catastrophic happens though.

3507's delivery was pushed back a week due to seat issues. Should flight home 21st of February.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/28
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on ATL-MCO-ATL route - pro bowl capacity (N1402A)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on SLC-OGG-SLC route (N169DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-AMS-JFK route (N173DZ)
763ER-high J: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N178DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from M90 on ATL-MSP-ATL route (N1609)
763ER-low J: LAX-SLC ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N181DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from low-J on SLC-CDG route (N181DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-ANC-UAM-ANC-SZL military charter (N187DN)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N826MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N839MH)
 
777Mech
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/28
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on ATL-MCO-ATL route - pro bowl capacity (N1402A)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on SLC-OGG-SLC route (N169DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-AMS-JFK route (N173DZ)
763ER-high J: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N178DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from M90 on ATL-MSP-ATL route (N1609)
763ER-low J: LAX-SLC ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N181DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from low-J on SLC-CDG route (N181DN)
763ER-low J: ATL-ANC-UAM-ANC-SZL military charter (N187DN)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N826MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N839MH)


Looks like that military charter air returned back to ANC.
 
audidudi
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm

N506DN is currently en route to MHV, presumably for the previously reported Air-to-Air video shoots.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N506DN
 
jubguy3
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from low-J on SLC-CDG route (N181DN)
(N839MH)


????
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:41 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/29
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on MSP-ATL-MSP route (N140LL)
763: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on ATL-MCO-ATL route (N1402A)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on LAX-JFK route (N183DN)
763ER-high J: SLC-LAX ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N169DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled swap from low-J on JFK-MAD-JFK route (N173DZ)
763ER-low J: NRT-CAN ferry flight - maintenance entry (N189DN)
332: unscheduled downgrade on DTW-AMS-DTW route (N860NW)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N826MH)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N839MH)
772: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-NRT-ATL route (N861DA)
333: ATL-AMS flight diverted to BOS - engine issue (N807NW)
333: AMS-DTW flight cancelled - technical issue (N818NW)
333: JFK-BOS-AMS ferry flight - passenger rescue for flight diversion (N819NW)
359: DTW-GRR-DTW training flight (N505DN)
359: ATL-MHV ferry flight - exit from induction (N506DN)
359: MHV-MHV photo flight (N506DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/30
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on MSP-TPA-MSP route (N140LL)
763ER-high J: BOS-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N182DN)
763ER-high J: CAN-NRT ferry flight - maintenance exit [39 days] (N177DZ)
332: DTW-MSP ferry flight - maintenance entry (N854NW)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N826MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N836MH)
333: ATL-BOS-AMS ferry flight - passenger rescue of diverted flight day before (N817NW)
333: AMS-DTW ferry flight following previous day cancellation (N818NW)
333: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N819NW)
333: BOS-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N821NW)
359: DTW-CMH-DAY-CMH-DTW training flight (N501DN)
359: MHV-MHV 3x photo flights (N506DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:01 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 1/31
763: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on MSP-RSW-MSP route (N140LL)
763: unscheduled upgrade from 753 on ATL-MCO-ATL route (N1402A)
763ER-high J: ATL-LHR flight - maintenance exit [27 days] (N171DN)
763ER-high J: JFK-BOS ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N182DN)
763ER-high J: LHR-JFK flight cancelled (N1200K)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on JFK-SFO-JFK route (N16065)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on CDG-BOS-CDG route (N181DN)
763ER-low J: unscheduled downgrade from 764 on JFK-SFO-JFK route (N187DN)
763ER-low J: HNL-KIX-HNL flight cancelled (N193DN)
332: unscheduled downgrade from 333 on DTW-AMS flight (N851NW)
764: scheduled downgrade from 772 on ATL-AMS-ATL flight (N826MH)
764: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-high J on ATL-DUS-ATL flight (N829MH)
764: CDG-ATL flight cancelled (N830MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N832MH)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N840MH)
77L: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SEA flight - maintenance swap (N701DN)
77L: unscheduled upgrade from 763ER-high J on SEA-NRT flight - maintenance swap (N701DN)
77L: SIN-NRT ferry flight - maintenance exit [31 days] (N709DN)
359: DTW-GRR-CMH-DTW training flight (N504DN)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:00 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 2/1
763: MSP-BOS-MSP-DTW charter flight - super bowl flights (N140LL)
763ER-high J: unscheduled downgrade from 764 on ATL-DEN-ATL route (N185DN)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 752 on JFK-ATL-JFK route (N172DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 738 on SEA-ATL route - maintenance swap (N177DZ)
763ER-low J: HNL-KIX rescue flight following previous day cancellation (N194DN)
764: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N832MH)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N840MH)
764: unscheduled downgrade from 333 on ATL-PHX-ATL route (N845MH)
772: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-NRT-ATL route (N865DA)
77L: NRT-QPG ferry flight - maintenance entry (N701DN)
77L: NRT-SIN-NRT rescue flight following previous day cancellation (N709DN)
333: DTW-BOS-MSP charter flight - super bowl flights (N818NW)
333: MSP-DTW ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N819NW)
 
redrooster3
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:20 am

I understand this is the wide body fleet thread for Delta, but I don't a more appropriate thread to ask this question at so here it goes. Where is DL sending their 757s to now? Since January 3rd or so, Delta has subbed all 757s from DTW/ATL/MSP-SAN routes for A321s. We now see 1 daily 757 on the daytime JFK-SAN-JFK run and that's it. Did other stations see this hit as well?
Marry one of us, and you'll fly for free!
 
KMCOFlyer
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:19 am

redrooster3 wrote:
I understand this is the wide body fleet thread for Delta, but I don't a more appropriate thread to ask this question at so here it goes. Where is DL sending their 757s to now? Since January 3rd or so, Delta has subbed all 757s from DTW/ATL/MSP-SAN routes for A321s. We now see 1 daily 757 on the daytime JFK-SAN-JFK run and that's it. Did other stations see this hit as well?


About that same time, MCO-ATL went from almost all A321 back to almost all 757s with a couple A321s/739s/and 753s here and there so this is probably where those 757s went.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:13 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 2/2
763ER-high J: scheduled additional JFK-LHR-JFK rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N175DZ)
763ER-high J: unscheduled upgrade from 739 on ATL-SEA-ATL route - maintenance swap (N1609/N1611B)
763ER-low J: unscheduled swap from high-J on CDG-BOS route (N181DN)
763ER-low J: BOS-JFK ferry flight - aircraft repositioning (N181DN)
764: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N829MH)
764: CDG-ATL ferry flight following cancellation on 1/31 (N830MH)
77L: NRT-ATL ferry flight - maintenance exit (N709DN)
333: unscheduled upgrade from 332 on DTW-CDG-DTW route (N801NW)
333: BOS-ATL ferry flight following 1/29 flight diversion (N807NW)
359: DTW-CVG-DTW training flight (N502DN)
359: DTW-CMH-GRR-DTW training flight (N503DN)
359: ATL-HSV-CDG-DTW training flight (N506DN)
 
SUNCTRY738
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 pm

When does the next A350 get delivered?
 
SUNCTRY738
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:39 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:26 pm

I forgot about the nice A350 production spreadsheet website. Looks like #7 gets delivered on 2/27.
 
dc9northwest
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:30 am

How long will it take for the whole 777 fleet to be upgraded to the suites interior? How many 777s are expected to be refurbished by August?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 am

Noteworthy Aircraft Activity 2/3
763ER-high J: scheduled additional ATL-LHR-ATL rotation on behalf of Virgin Atlantic (N176DZ)
763ER-low J: ACC-JFK flight cancelled (N181DN)
764: ATL-AMS switches from 772 from 2/3-2/11 (N831MH)
772: unscheduled swap from 77L on ATL-NRT-ATL route (N861DA)
 
hkcanadaexpat
Topic Author
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm

The 763 fleet (domestic) is re-entering scheduled service from 3/2.
Based out of MSP. MSP-MCO 2x daily + MSP-RSW 1x daily.
 
jubguy3
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

Re: Delta Widebody Thread - 2018

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:41 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
The 763 fleet (domestic) is re-entering scheduled service from 3/2.
Based out of MSP. MSP-MCO 2x daily + MSP-RSW 1x daily.


Am I correct in understanding that ATL-SLC-HNL and ATL-SLC will remain as A330s?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 18

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos