entdoc
Topic Author

Former Delta FAs file discrimination lawsuit against Delta

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Article in today’s Times of Israel.
Former FAs suing Delta.
Wonder what brought it on now
DL has been flying to TLV for years though they dropped ATL a while back.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/flight-at ... -israelis/
Last edited by atcsundevil on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Non descriptive title

DL777200LR

Re: Delta lawsuit

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:51 pm

A few employees at JFK and other employees involved with the JFK-TLV flight were terminated a few months back because they were found selling buddy passes and travel company passes to people in Israel. Im assuming thats what happened to the flight attendant.
Nothing better than the sound of a 77W GE90-115B on engine start.

toobz

Re: Former Delta FAs file discrimination lawsuit against Delta

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 pm

LOL!! Wow...I mean..just wow..absolutely absurd. I hope DL fights this even if it costs them more than to settle.

aa87

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am

From a legal perspective, sounds like pretty thin gruel (yes that's a legal concept). Not directly relevant, but I've known quite a few orthodox Jews who prefer UA and DL to LY bc, they say, former are "nicer to the orthodox". I personally never witnessed or experienced any anti-orthodox crew behavior on LY (or anti-anyone in paricular, other than the occasional gruff Israeli steward/ess), but I can't recall anyone making that claim against either DL or UA.

DL757NYC

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:31 am

A few years back there were dozens of employees busted for selling their passes. I heard it was a big problem at JFK

oldannyboy

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am

I don't for a single minute believe any of this cr*p. DL is a company that has proved time and time again to value diversity and pay attention to the various minorities and groups.

As a side note, I personally feel that the minute [any] religion gets in the way of other people's lives -including requiring space/separation/no-contact etc- then to me it's gone way too far already. I personally do not need to be made aware of other people religious beliefs, just as I don't need to know their political stance or how much is in somebody's bank account. Religion should be a very private thing.

mcdu

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 pm

This is interesting. With so many filing a suit this is a bad look for DL and employee relations.

skystar767

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:08 pm

In the late 80’s tower air fired Israelis and Americans flight attendants for selling VCR in Israel. The flight attendants tried to pull the same crap too.

cokepopper

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 pm

mcdu wrote:
This is interesting. With so many filing a suit this is a bad look for DL and employee relations.

Lol So many? 2 current and 2 former employee’s?

entdoc
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:00 pm

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ugly-jews ... tic-abuse/

Follow up article in today’s times of Israel.
Take with a grain of salt. Say what you will about the buddy passes but if there is even a shred of truth to the other allegations seems Delta may have some problems with staff attitudes. Should not happen at major USA carrier.

EA CO AS

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm

entdoc wrote:
Take with a grain of salt.

Yeah, one the size of a Rubik's Cube...
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

LMFNINJA

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 am

I think Delta has a serious public relations problem especially as the article refers to one specifically named Delta employee making anti-semitic remarks for which he was not disciplined. It looks to me that there is real substance to these complaints.

EA CO AS

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 am

LMFNINJA wrote:
I think Delta has a serious public relations problem especially as the article refers to one specifically named Delta employee making anti-semitic remarks for which he was not disciplined. It looks to me that there is real substance to these complaints.

Just throwing this out there, but how do you - or anyone else for that matter - know he wasn't? Disciplinary action isn't made public to protect the privacy rights of employees.

Any time I've disciplined an employee, the only way anyone in the rank-and-file knew about it was if that employee chose to share with others. And that includes terminations; you simply say they're no longer with the company and leave it at that. But there are various steps of discipline that don't involve separation.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

LMFNINJA

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:39 am

EA CO AS wrote:
LMFNINJA wrote:

Just throwing this out there, but how do you - or anyone else for that matter - know he wasn't? Disciplinary action isn't made public to protect the privacy rights of employees.

Any time I've disciplined an employee, the only way anyone in the rank-and-file knew about it was if that employee chose to share with others. And that includes terminations; you simply say they're no longer with the company and leave it at that. But there are various steps of discipline that don't involve separation.

The article specifically says:

"He says Delta then refused to reprimand Narine for his statements, instead suggesting that Amir switch terminals."

Apparently Delta refused to reprimand the manager in question.

Seems rather clear to me. And that is the basis of the lawsuit that Delta did nothing to stop these racist practices.

EA CO AS

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

LMFNINJA wrote:

"He says Delta then refused to reprimand Narine for his statements, instead suggesting that Amir switch terminals."

The complainant has ZERO knowledge of what DL did, or to what extent. It's inappropriate and violates confidentiality to share with one employee what level of discipline, or even IF discipline did or did not occur, with another employee.

This is just the complainant speaking in hyperbole, such as "Delta ALWAYS does this," or "Delta NEVER does that," etc.

bennett123

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 am

Also do we know that the alleged comments WERE made.

LMFNINJA

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
LMFNINJA wrote:

The complainant has ZERO knowledge of what DL did, or to what extent. It's inappropriate and violates confidentiality to share with one employee what level of discipline, or even IF discipline did or did not occur, with another employee.

This is just the complainant speaking in hyperbole, such as "Delta ALWAYS does this," or "Delta NEVER does that," etc.

If the complainant purportedly has "ZERO" knowledge of what Delta did or to what extent then why did this particular complainant become involved in this lawsuit??

The crux of this lawsuit is that Delta did nothing in response to complaints of racist behaviour by its managers and other employees. So there must be some evidence that Delta did absolutely nothing as opposed to taking some steps in response whether substantive or not.

EA CO AS

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:46 pm

LMFNINJA wrote:
there must be some evidence that Delta did absolutely nothing

You think there has to be evidence to file a lawsuit? That's cute.

Flighty

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

LMFNINJA wrote:

Not sure I agree that a complaint by people with a direct financial motive is a "public relations problem" at all. It is probably a very common situation throughout New York. Delta has a good corporate reputation in these regards. Lawsuits often happen, many of them frivolous. It is normal.

LMFNINJA

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
LMFNINJA wrote:
there must be some evidence that Delta did absolutely nothing

You think there has to be evidence to file a lawsuit? That's cute.

I can tell you as a practicing lawyer for 35 years that few litigation lawyers would accept a retainer to sue a well-established Defendant like Delta airlines if there was not at least some evidence of impropriety.

So cannot agree with your remarks.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos