DFWandOMA
Topic Author

DFW 2018 Developments

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Wanting to start a thread of what people think will be happening with routes, terminal developments, etc. at DFW in 2018. So far Etihad is leaving in March while DFW gains Icelandair and WOW. You think Aer Lingus will finally announce DFW? What about any Terminal F news?

FSDan

Re: DFW 2018 Developments

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:52 pm

I think at least one of AA, FI, or WW will drop DFW-KEF after the summer. Three airlines seems like massive overkill for that route.

I'm not sure EI has any spare widebodies at the moment... But DFW does seem like it would be the next logical TATL route for EI that would require a widebody.

Air India has discussed serving DFW in the future, so that could be another possibility. Also, there's always the possibility of QF starting up DFW-BNE on the 789.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

IrishAyes

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Great thread, always love DFW aviation banter. I created a Facebook page for people to use, although I haven't been as active on it. I would like to use it more. Please join, these are fun!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268487976660572/

As far as your question is concerned, I think there are some noteworthy developments for the upcoming summer:

1. DFW-FCO is starting several weeks earlier this year, on 3.25.18, whereas last year, it started 5.1.17, and is running several weeks later through 10.28.17, whereas last year, it ran only through 9.30.17 (dates are approximate, not exact)

2. DFW-AMS is up-gauging to a 772, which has +64 additional seats in each direction, as well as Premium Economy. It will start in early May, as it did last year, and run through early October, same as last year.

3. AA has reinstated DFW-GIG, which started 12.15.17 and will run through 2.16.18. Unfortunately, the initial plans to utilize a 788 were scrapped and instead a 763 is in use. I believe it is running 3x weekly.

4. Domestically, AA has added back DFW-OAK, and is also adding DFW-MSO/FLG/AVL/EYW. Besides OAK, I think these are strategic adds to seasonal, yet highly-popular regional markets that can demand a yield premium during busy seasons, and are markets that L-US served from hubs like CLT/PHX/PHL and are now being connected to other hubs in the L-AA network like ORD and LGA as well.

5. Delta is adding mainline on DFW-JFK, which is pretty significant, IMO. It will be an A319 that leaves at 1010 AM and arrives at 1457, connecting to Delta's large INTL bank from JFK, and returns leaving JFK at 1820 and arriving at 2118.

6. KE is running 4x weekly through March 2018 utilizing a 77W, and effective April 2018, will increase frequency to 5X on a 772. To my knowledge, the one-way codeshare agreement between AA and KE is still intact, which is highly unusual given that Delta and Korean Air have just recently gotten their joint venture approved. AA is the operating carrier (DFW-ICN, ICN-DFW) but carries the KE code in both directions. They do not codeshare on any other routes. It looks like this will remain the case for the foreseeable future.

7. NK continues to hold its fort down at DFW, having added PIT in the past year and SEA (seasonally) starting in April. It has dropped PDX in the past year.

8. It appears that Viva Aerobus has opted not to reinstate DFW service. I think that they canceled DFW-MTY indefinitely after Summer 2014.

9. My wish list? DFW-DUB, obviously, and I wouldn't be shocked if QF eventually adds another DFW-OZ flight utilizing a 789. However, this depends largely on the JV between AA-QF being approved.
personal page: rohananand.com

dfwjim1

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:14 pm

FSDan wrote:
I think at least one of AA, FI, or WW will drop DFW-KEF after the summer. Three airlines seems like massive overkill for that route.

I'm not sure EI has any spare widebodies at the moment... But DFW does seem like it would be the next logical TATL route for EI that would require a widebody.

Air India has discussed serving DFW in the future, so that could be another possibility. Also, there's always the possibility of QF starting up DFW-BNE on the 789.

I have always felt that AI would be a good addition at DFW due to the large Indian population in the Metroplex.Jet Blue to FLL and JFK seems like something that might work too.

jplatts

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm

jetBlue could add nonstop service from DFW to JFK since there is a lot of demand for flights to NYC from both DFW and DAL, since jetBlue has its home base at JFK, since there are NYC-area customers who prefer to fly on jetBlue over other airlines, and since jetBlue would also be able to connect passengers to other destinations in the Northeast from DFW through JFK if it adds DFW-JFK nonstop service.

Here is a link to the jetBlue investor presentation slide that shows a map of the top destinations from South Florida: http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1376451&start=50#p19894173. jetBlue could add nonstop service from DFW to FLL since DFW is one of the top destinations from South Florida that jetBlue doesn't currently serve nonstop from FLL. jetBlue would be able to connect passengers going from DFW to international destinations in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean through FLL if it adds DFW-FLL nonstop service.

Frontier could extend its seasonal less-than-daily DFW-CVG nonstop service to daily nonstop service, and Frontier also has opportunities to add nonstop service to destinations other than DEN and CVG from DFW, including from DFW to ORD, LAS, COS, JAX, and MIA.

Sun Country has plans to diversify its operations beyond its MSP home base, and Sun Country could further expand its DFW operation and add nonstop service to additional vacation destinations from DFW.

Spirit could add nonstop service from DFW to CMH, and Spirit could also add nonstop service from DFW to new domestic destinations.

AA could add nonstop service from DFW to BUR, since AA currently serves BUR nonstop from its PHX hub but not from any of its other hubs, since AA is reviving DFW-OAK nonstop service, since AA is adding nonstop service from its DFW and LAX hubs to other AA destinations that are currently served nonstop on AA from PHX but not from DFW or LAX, and since Southwest serves BUR nonstop from DAL.

HeeseokKoo

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Wonder how TRIP is doing which appears to be almost over with a total intact of terminal C.

Is terminal E satellite in use? If so, by which airline? Wonder if AA will occupy the satellite if no one would use. There's space for a lounge, too.

texdravid

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm

It would have to be a nonstop DFW DEL or DFW BOM because what’s the point of a European/Middle east transfer?

We have that in droves already. Also I’m further skeptical about AI as they have North Indian centric view of the Indian subcontinent. The ME3, BA and LH all do well because from their hubs you can do one stop MAA, HYD, BLR, Kochi, Trivandrum, etc.

India is not just for Punjabis and Gujaratis after all. The DFW and IAH Indians have a substantial South Indian component to it.

Check out Frisco, Sugarland, etc.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

UpNAWAy

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:44 pm

I think the real interesting story for DFW is long term terminal plans and reconfiguration. Something will get announced this year IMHO.

dfdubflyer

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm

My flight taxiied by the E satellite on New Year's Day and it looked pretty empty. Not sure if that was temporary or what. I think additional clarity on the future of the terminals at DFW will be exciting

Capn

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 pm

How many gates does DL. have and have they been able to add more, thought I read they wanted to increase service.
UH-1 DEHAVILAND HERON MARTIN 404 DC-9 CHALLENGER 601 FALCON 50 & 900EX

william

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:31 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
I think the real interesting story for DFW is long term terminal plans and reconfiguration. Something will get announced this year IMHO.

This...................And I thought it was supposed to be announced last year. An updated Masterplan.

airportlover

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Does anyone know how the seasonal European routes do? I can imagine AMS fills up and FCO will too, even though they go to Skyteam hubs. I don't think AA will struggle to fill the Reykjavik flight as Iceland is incredibly popular now. The LHR flights must do very well with OneWorld loyalists in Dallas. I also know DFW is a preferred connection point for people from much of the middle of the country to Europe over the NYC airports, PHL, IAD, BOS, ORD, and YYZ.

I have heard that the Qantas flights to SYD are packed from someone who flies STL-DFW-SYD in the spring once and the summer once every year. Those flights are filled with connections, and it is fairly easy to do. Does anyone have numbers?
Last edited by airportlover on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

william

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Has DFW finally remove the old Airtran line? Parts of it is still standing and DFW stated they were working on removing the last vestige of the 70s transit system.

jplatts

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Capn wrote:
How many gates does DL. have and have they been able to add more, thought I read they wanted to increase service.

Delta used to serve its SEA hub and its BOS and RDU focus cities nonstop from DFW back when DFW was a hub for Delta, and Delta could bring back nonstop service to SEA, BOS, and RDU from DFW. Will Delta be announcing any plans to bring back DFW-SEA, DFW-BOS, and/or DFW-RDU nonstop service in 2018?

Capn

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm

jplatts wrote:
Capn wrote:

Delta used to serve its SEA hub and its BOS and RDU focus cities nonstop from DFW back when DFW was a hub for Delta, and Delta could bring back nonstop service to SEA, BOS, and RDU from DFW. Will Delta be announcing any plans to bring back DFW-SEA, DFW-BOS, and/or DFW-RDU nonstop service in 2018?

I would bet on it...

Antarius

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:14 pm

HeeseokKoo wrote:
Wonder how TRIP is doing which appears to be almost over with a total intact of terminal C.

Is terminal E satellite in use? If so, by which airline? Wonder if AA will occupy the satellite if no one would use. There's space for a lounge, too.

I believe they shelved terminal C for now and are supposed to unveil a new masterplan.

IMO, I wish DFW would build a Terminal and turn A,B,C,D,E into concourses, like DEN.

When I was DFW based, it was a ginormous PITA to park and leave out of A and land in C, especially with a checked bag.
2017 :SIN |HKG |LAX |DFW |HOU |IAH |MAF |LBB |DCA |IAD |ORD |BOS |DEN |LHR |MAD |HNL |ITO |OGG |PHX |DOH |JHB |KUL |DEL |BLR |CDG |ORY |NRT |CGK |BTH |ICN |INV |ABZ |LCY |LTN |SFO |PHL |SJC |SLC |MIA |TPA |PBI |CLT |FLL |CUN

plinth857

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:17 pm

dfdubflyer wrote:
My flight taxiied by the E satellite on New Year's Day and it looked pretty empty. Not sure if that was temporary or what. I think additional clarity on the future of the terminals at DFW will be exciting

I am very curious what will happen to this... I'm never a fan of having to go there, though I do like that Dickey's BBQ location over the other one. I've flown out of the E satellite on Delta, and more recently United. But haven't they moved United back to their former low number E gates? I haven't flown UA out of DFW in a little while.

Sooner787

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:21 pm

plinth857 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

I am very curious what will happen to this... I'm never a fan of having to go there, though I do like that Dickey's BBQ location over the other one. I've flown out of the E satellite on Delta, and more recently United. But haven't they moved United back to their former low number E gates? I haven't flown UA out of DFW in a little while.

itchief

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:

This reconfiguration of DFW always comes up. AA's Doug Parker has said he wants a new terminal configuration but this is not going to happen. DFW Airport currently has about $6 billion in debt from bonds sold to construct Terminal D, a new rental car center and to renovate Terminals A, B and E. DFW will want some return on the investment. The airport is what it is and adding terminal F is the only way to expand with the current investment plan.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/busin ... rylink=cpy

itchief

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Antarius wrote:
HeeseokKoo wrote:

I believe they shelved terminal C for now and are supposed to unveil a new masterplan.

IMO, I wish DFW would build a Terminal and turn A,B,C,D,E into concourses, like DEN.

When I was DFW based, it was a ginormous PITA to park and leave out of A and land in C, especially with a checked bag.

Look at my post above, DEN like concourses are not in the cards, too much money has already been spent on terminals D,B, A and E.

As for the PITA parking, have you ever tried the DFW express parking? The bus picks you up at your car and drops you off at your car. Express parking has multiple stops at each terminal for drop off and pick up. For the past 10 year with flying at least 1 trip per week I have never had a problem with this system. It is also less than half the cost of terminal parking and in most cases requires less walking.

WWads

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:14 pm

itchief wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:

This reconfiguration of DFW always comes up. AA's Doug Parker has said he wants a new terminal configuration but this is not going to happen. DFW Airport currently has about $6 billion in debt from bonds sold to construct Terminal D, a new rental car center and to renovate Terminals A, B and E. DFW will want some return on the investment. The airport is what it is and adding terminal F is the only way to expand with the current investment plan.

Well AA can certainly build a new terminal complex. If they front the cash to do it. ;)

stevend08

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 pm

WWads wrote:
itchief wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:

Well AA can certainly build a new terminal complex. If they front the cash to do it. ;)

After watching the construction every week for the past year, they are almost done laying down the ramp for the future terminal F.

Terminal B TRIP was recently completed last week (minus the new restaurants) meaning TRIP is pretty much complete.
They have added numerous shops and restaurants to Terminal C indicating that a full blown TRIP renovation is highly unlikely which is why I am a believer of the Terminal F-C swap.

Additionally they are FINALLY DONE with the Terminal D Duty Free Construction. The mezzanie level of the complex offers great views of the west runways right around where most aircraft rotate.

My personal wish is they had some type of landside people mover similar to skylink so that we didn't have to rely on the agonizingly slow buses.

milemaster

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 pm

That would be awesome if DL brings back DFW-SEA. Crossing my fingers on that one.

e38

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Quoting Capn (Reply 10), "How many gates does DL. have . . "

At DFW Delta currently uses six gates: E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, and E17.

e38

e38

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Quoting plinth857 (Reply 17), "haven't they moved United back to their former low number E gates?"

Yes, I was at DFW a few months ago and United was using gates E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, and E9. United may have an agreement with the DFW airport authority to use Gate E2 for "overflow' and/or IROP purposes, but they do not use E2 routinely that I know of. Air Canada formerly used E2, but they seem to be operating out of E21 now.

e38

Capn

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:33 pm

e38 wrote:
Quoting Capn (Reply 10), "How many gates does DL. have . . "

At DFW Delta currently uses six gates: E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, and E17.

e38

Thanks for posting the info. weren't they trying to get a few more?

FriscoHeavy

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:59 pm

texdravid wrote:
It would have to be a nonstop DFW DEL or DFW BOM because what’s the point of a European/Middle east transfer?

We have that in droves already. Also I’m further skeptical about AI as they have North Indian centric view of the Indian subcontinent. The ME3, BA and LH all do well because from their hubs you can do one stop MAA, HYD, BLR, Kochi, Trivandrum, etc.

India is not just for Punjabis and Gujaratis after all. The DFW and IAH Indians have a substantial South Indian component to it.

I can confirm..my neighborhood in Frisco is full of indians. I'm certainly the minority.
Donald J Trump - MAGA

CHI2DFW

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:44 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
texdravid wrote:

I can confirm..my neighborhood in Frisco is full of indians. I'm certainly the minority.

Mine in west Frisco is too. My boss is from western India and 2 of my last four were as well.

ubeema

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 am

Antarius wrote:

Airport Valet solves this issue easily now. Not too much more expensive than overnight parking

jwvw89

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 am

stevend08 wrote:
WWads wrote:
itchief wrote:

My personal wish is they had some type of landside people mover similar to skylink so that we didn't have to rely on the agonizingly slow buses.

Amen!! God forbid you are flying international and riding the DART. After clearing CBP you are outside the sterile area in Terminal D so you can’t take the SkyLink to get to Terminal A and the DART rail station. They have buses that come around pretty infrequently to go from D to A but typically you miss the train and have to wait 20-30 minutes for the next one. I have gotten to where if I fly international from DFW I bite the $30 bullet and Uber home instead of schlepping around for the DART.

ADrum23

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 am

I wish Norwegian would come to DFW, but I don't think that will happen this year.

Johnv707

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 am

HeeseokKoo wrote:

Terminal E satellite is in use. I recently flew on United to ORD from the satellite.

LAXdude1023

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:23 am

Yep. I lived in Plano for 4 years and in that short time our neighborhood went from about 5 Indian families, to almost the entire neighborhood being Indian.

How that effects air service Im not sure.
A proud American who loves his country and opposes Donald Trump and the Trump agenda!

Sooner787

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 am

ADrum23 wrote:
I wish Norwegian would come to DFW, but I don't think that will happen this year.

Norwegian picked AUS to begin service from Texas, thus avoiding UA in Houston and AA in DFW

ADrum23

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 am

Sooner787 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Norwegian picked AUS to begin service from Texas, thus avoiding UA in Houston and AA in DFW

They are in DEN which is UA's most profitable hub.

If they continue to expand, they'll have to come to both DFW and IAH eventually. They are large markets that could use some competition.

737max8

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 am

airportlover wrote:
Does anyone know how the seasonal European routes do? I can imagine AMS fills up and FCO will too, even though they go to Skyteam hubs. I don't think AA will struggle to fill the Reykjavik flight as Iceland is incredibly popular now. The LHR flights must do very well with OneWorld loyalists in Dallas. I also know DFW is a preferred connection point for people from much of the middle of the country to Europe over the NYC airports, PHL, IAD, BOS, ORD, and YYZ.

I have heard that the Qantas flights to SYD are packed from someone who flies STL-DFW-SYD in the spring once and the summer once every year. Those flights are filled with connections, and it is fairly easy to do. Does anyone have numbers?

DFW-FCO was always full. Checked loads all the time and it always was single digits open or oversold.

DFW-AMS was more open, 30-60 seats wasn't unheard of and know many people who went space available on this route. Should be plenty of seats now with the 772 upgrade...

DFW-SYD is hard to gauge since it's weight restricted. I've heard they pretty much sell all of the available seats, but non-revs are also always able to get on.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388

blueflyer

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 am

Johnv707 wrote:
HeeseokKoo wrote:

Terminal E satellite is in use. I recently flew on United to ORD from the satellite.

Spirit and Westjet gates are in the satellite. Air Canada and United use it as overflow and for RON aircraft when all their gates in the terminal are occupied.

The temporary United club is still in the satellite until the renovations at the permanent location are completed.
MAGag

TWA772LR

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:48 am

william wrote:
Has DFW finally remove the old Airtran line? Parts of it is still standing and DFW stated they were working on removing the last vestige of the 70s transit system.

Since they put a DART station in DFW, I think they should've kept some kind of dedicated-lane, non-sterile area transport system to connect all the terminals better to the DART station. The current busses that run in the normal surface roads can be infrequent and unreliable. I used it during Thanksgiving to get from DART to terminal E and the E bus never showed. The crowd and I had to jump on a B/D bus to get to E, which caused one lady to miss her flight to IAH on UA and therefore her connection.

Are there any plans to link the other terminals, namely D and E since anyone flying AA can check in in A and take the Skylink to their gate, with their own DART stations?
"It's not getting to the land of the nonrev that's the problem, it's getting back." ~~Captain Hector Barbossa
The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer.

DFWandOMA
Topic Author

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

If either Icelandair or WOW does not return in 2019, I could see Norwegian beginning service then.

glbltrvlr

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 pm

itchief wrote:
adding terminal F is the only way to expand with the current investment plan.

Citing Terminal D cost of $1.7B and claiming F will be over $2B is just crazy. They should clone D, removing interior features that aren't needed immediately (i.e. CBP), but leaving everything structural in place to make D easily upgradable in the future. There's a huge savings in design and construction costs by doing that, rather than creating something new.

Then the new F can be used while C is rebuilt. Eventually F can be completely dual domestic/international, or if they need the international gates sooner, put in a sterile corridor over to D.

Antarius

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:19 pm

ubeema wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Airport Valet solves this issue easily now. Not too much more expensive than overnight parking

I solved it by moving to HOU. Now I only hit DFW as a connecting passenger.

Kidding - yes, after a while of having this issue, i started using express parking (suggested by another poster above as well) and that made it much easier.
2017 :SIN |HKG |LAX |DFW |HOU |IAH |MAF |LBB |DCA |IAD |ORD |BOS |DEN |LHR |MAD |HNL |ITO |OGG |PHX |DOH |JHB |KUL |DEL |BLR |CDG |ORY |NRT |CGK |BTH |ICN |INV |ABZ |LCY |LTN |SFO |PHL |SJC |SLC |MIA |TPA |PBI |CLT |FLL |CUN

Antarius

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:49 pm

737max8 wrote:
DFW-AMS was more open, 30-60 seats wasn't unheard of and know many people who went space available on this route. Should be plenty of seats now with the 772 upgrade...

Wonder if the loads go up as a result, well atleast amongst the FF community. I avoided this flight like the plague - 767 product + horrible on time performance.

737max8

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Antarius wrote:
737max8 wrote:

Wonder if the loads go up as a result, well atleast amongst the FF community. I avoided this flight like the plague - 767 product + horrible on time performance.

I hope it does so the route stays, but enough empty space to jump on ;)

But I agree, the 767 must be awful for that length. I avoided it for my trip to Europe last year. I know friends that took it and were delayed 4 hours at DFW and they were on the A/C for most of that delay.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388

IrishAyes

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
william wrote:

Since they put a DART station in DFW, I think they should've kept some kind of dedicated-lane, non-sterile area transport system to connect all the terminals better to the DART station. The current busses that run in the normal surface roads can be infrequent and unreliable. I used it during Thanksgiving to get from DART to terminal E and the E bus never showed. The crowd and I had to jump on a B/D bus to get to E, which caused one lady to miss her flight to IAH on UA and therefore her connection.

Are there any plans to link the other terminals, namely D and E since anyone flying AA can check in in A and take the Skylink to their gate, with their own DART stations?

You do realize you can print your BP ahead of time and go through the security at Terminal A even if you're flying out of another terminal. There are common-use Kiosks at the lower level once you exit the DART, where you can print your documents (even on an airline like NK) and proceed through the first checkpoint. I usually walk to the second one so that I can use PreCheck, but point being, it's much faster/reliable than waiting for the busses.
personal page: rohananand.com

TWA772LR

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 pm

IrishAyes wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
william wrote:

You do realize you can print your BP ahead of time and go through the security at Terminal A even if you're flying out of another terminal. There are common-use Kiosks at the lower level once you exit the DART, where you can print your documents (even on an airline like NK) and proceed through the first checkpoint. I usually walk to the second one so that I can use PreCheck, but point being, it's much faster/reliable than waiting for the busses.

I've done that too but you can't do it if youre checking bags on an airline that's not AA, hich is why is had to take the bus.
"It's not getting to the land of the nonrev that's the problem, it's getting back." ~~Captain Hector Barbossa
The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer.

ChuckSchumer

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Does anybody know why there was an EK A380 parked on the ramp of Terminal D, last night (1/5)? It was clearly visible from the terminal and Skylink but I wasn't able to see a tail number due to the dark. But just curious why it was there since I thought EK phased them out of the route.

blink182

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm

ChuckSchumer wrote:
Does anybody know why there was an EK A380 parked on the ramp of Terminal D, last night (1/5)? It was clearly visible from the terminal and Skylink but I wasn't able to see a tail number due to the dark. But just curious why it was there since I thought EK phased them out of the route.

EK 207 diversion from JFK. First flew to PIT and then decided to go to DFW.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

blueflyer

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Almost exactly 20 hours from take-off in DXB to landing in DFW. I hope passengers enjoyed the best in Texas hospitality.
MAGag

itchief

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
william wrote:

DART serves a very small percentage of the DFW area and a much smaller percentage of flyers out of DFW. It cost a lot of $$$'s to run DART light rail to DFW. The cost charged for riding DART will never pay for this light rail line. There is a system in place to move people around DFW to get to the DART station. Is it the most convenient way to get around the airport, no, but it works and DART riders need to plan for the time it takes to move around the airport. The Skylink cost was just short of $1 billion. Another Skylink is not going to be built on the non-secure side of DFW for the few who ride DART or the future TRE. Fort Worth is expanding the TRE to go into DFW and there will be 1 station, it is just not cost effective to build stations to every terminal.

dfwjim1

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:42 pm

I read (can't recall where) last year that DFW airport was having issues with the homeless who were riding DART to the Airport and then hanging out around the station and terminal areas. Has this issue been addressed by DFW and DART authorities?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos