sleekjet

Interesting News On Flight 11

Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:52 am

II Cor. 4:17-18

hkgspotter1

RE: Interesting News On Flight 11

Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:14 pm

So this means they did get guns on the planes !!!. Security failed in a major way !

IMissPiedmont

Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:37 pm

Well the FAA claims that the memo was an "error". Sure it was.

Anyway, to those that think getting a gun onto an airplane is really tough, think again. The exception may be El Al, in fact I'd say it is the lone exception.

Sadly, airport "security" tends to be rather lax at almost any airport in the world. The attitude in the US today seems to be figuring out what someone may have in their shoes or how a congessional medal of honour could be used by as a weapon by an 86 year old retired general.

Not to mention that some airport "police" try to harass spotters. Gee, a guy with a camera watching the aircraft and looking around. What a threat. Seems to me that this would be a welcome extra set of eyes. Don't tell me that a few people trained in police work have any idea what is out of place around an airport. Those of us who go to airports just to sit and watch have a much better view of things that don't belong.

OK, I'll stop now.

PS : Did I mention the time I was browsing around TUS some months back? One of the gates on the back side was wide open with no one around. Being the good citizen that I am, I drove 6 miles to the terminal, parked, went into the "police" office and told them. I then went back to the open gate and waited. Thank God it was a good place to watch crosswind landings as I was there for over one hour. Did "Archie" thank me for blocking the gate? Not hardly. This pompous butthole told me that I was in violation of security rules for blocking a gate. As he didn't know who I was, I went a bit easy on him. I think he now stands around a Circle K on weekends making sure that kids don't steal beer.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Delta737

Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:45 pm

Oh geez, I could have written that document myself and forwarded it to the new media to a reporter that didn't bother to check it's origins.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of weight unto that story unless, of course, it was on FAA or DOT letterhead.

Doug Taylor
jetcareers.com