vw

American Central Airlines

Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:45 pm

Do you have any info on American Central Airlines? I would realy like to know some of the routes that they flew. Thanks for any info that you have.
Vw

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Eduard Marmet

AA717driver

RE: American Central Airlines

Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:25 pm

I flew the aircraft pictured, along with another(830AC) for Iowa Airways. Iowa Airways(a subsidiary of Tennessee Airways) took over the hanger and offices of American Central in the fall of 1985.

ACA was based in Dubuque, Iowa. I know they flew to Waterloo(ALO) and Cedar Rapids(CID). I believe they also went to Kansas City, Omaha and Des Moines. These were also routes flown by Iowa Airways.

The aircraft pictured was the best flying E110 we had. The other ACA E110 was a little bent. One of our pilots had come from ACA and was a local boy(now flying for CAL)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Most of us were not from the Dubuque area and couldn't wait to get out of there. The people I flew with at Iowa Air are, interestingly enough, my closest friends in the airline business.TC
FL450, M.85

vw

AA717driver

Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:35 pm

Do you remeber if they flew to Ft. Dodge,IA or Spencer,IA? If so where to? Also is your user name true? If so you have realy moved up. That is something to be very proud of.
Thanks Vw

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos