Blerg

Re: India Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:27 am

binayak wrote:
Blerg wrote:
It's impressive how quickly SFO was increased to nine weekly flights. Was Emirates number one on this market before direct flights were introduced? Does AI offer convenient connections on both ends?

Air India offers connections at only DEL end and not San Francisco end. United airline does not cooperate with them. I tried to book LAX from their website but there were no results although they have a flight to the west coast.

Interesting. Does anyone know why UA doesn't cooperate with AI? LH Group seems to be on good terms with Air India so this is rather strange, especially since United doesn't fly to India.

unrave wrote:
Blerg wrote:
IndiGo is in talks to launch DEL-BEG flights after Serbia became the only European country to abolish visas for Indian citizens.

http://www.exyuaviation.com/2018/02/ind ... mment-form

Interesting. Didn't know Serbia has abolished visas for Indians. Will a A321neo be able to do DEL-BEG?

From what I know that's the plan. DEL-BEG should be around 7:30 block time. Should be doable with the A321neo, no?

binayak

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 am

United is the only US airline to fly to India. They fly daily BOM EWR and DEL EWR. They don't want to cooperate with air India. At the BOM EWR route both airlines operate at almost the same time and are at direct competition. UA does not cooperate with AI at all. For connection at BOM,DEL end for their EWR flights, they have chosen 9W over AI.
9W must be declared as India's national airline. They will indirectly fulfill JRD's vision!!

unrave

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 am

Is it possible for AI to codeshare with any of the other US majors at SFO?
Air India is a national embarrassment

BawliBooch

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:52 am

binayak wrote:
Sorry but those routes just have few low yielding VFR traffic only. If they really had good traffic, then many other airlines would also have tried to serve them. The main reason for their failure is lack of business traffic.

Exactly! But no point in explaining these facts to people fantasizing about non-stops from JNB and Nadi to Porbandar! Or Houston to Chennai! :roll:

The amount of traffic on these routes is overstated and the yields are in the toilet. If these had existed, the airlines would have tapped them.

The SFO-BLR "Bangalore Express" idea for eg. Sure one airline, LH, hit the jackpot when it started a connecting service between the 2 tech capital's. Enough traffic to fill up the premium cabins of a 747-8i. That doesnt mean, another airline should jump in and operate a non-stop! The economics for one-stop vs non-stop are completely different. If we attempt to separate the marketing hype and see the figures: How much money is LH really making on the route as compared to the other sectors on their network?

And yet the drum-beating continues! :roll:
L' Esprit de Mai 68

JOYA380B747

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 am

unrave wrote:

I guess anyone amongst AS+VX, DL, AA, WN, B6
If it wasn't for AI and those money mongers sitting in the parliament, 9W would have been as big as SQ...:(

unrave

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:08 am

Some more news on Airport privatisation: PMO wants AAI to handover the airside construction to private players

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 022763.cms

binayak

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:18 am

BawliBooch wrote:
binayak wrote:
Sorry but those routes just have few low yielding VFR traffic only. If they really had good traffic, then many other airlines would also have tried to serve them. The main reason for their failure is lack of business traffic.

Exactly! But no point in explaining these facts to people fantasizing about non-stops from JNB and Nadi to Porbandar! Or Houston to Chennai! :roll:

The amount of traffic on these routes is overstated and the yields are in the toilet. If these had existed, the airlines would have tapped them.

The SFO-BLR "Bangalore Express" idea for eg. Sure one airline, LH, hit the jackpot when it started a connecting service between the 2 tech capital's. Enough traffic to fill up the premium cabins of a 747-8i. That doesnt mean, another airline should jump in and operate a non-stop! The economics for one-stop vs non-stop are completely different. If we attempt to separate the marketing hype and see the figures: How much money is LH really making on the route as compared to the other sectors on their network?

Well nice that someone really understand what I want to say. These European airlines like LH have high yielding trans Atlantic traffic to back these low yielding indian traffic.
How low yielding indian traffic is emirates airline has also proved. They are the largest operator of A380. How many EK A380 can you see in India? Only one daily to BOM. the rest of India is served by their old 777s with inferior business class.
Still few say emirates send their best product to India. They have been successful in fooling these people. Took maximum out of the country with minimum investment. BOM is the lucky one to have their latest business and first class.
9W must be declared as India's national airline. They will indirectly fulfill JRD's vision!!

Jouhou

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am

binayak wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:
binayak wrote:

Well nice that someone really understand what I want to say. These European airlines like LH have high yielding trans Atlantic traffic to back these low yielding indian traffic.
How low yielding indian traffic is emirates airline has also proved. They are the largest operator of A380. How many EK A380 can you see in India? Only one daily to BOM. the rest of India is served by their old 777s with inferior business class.
Still few say emirates send their best product to India. They have been successful in fooling these people. Took maximum out of the country with minimum investment. BOM is the lucky one to have their latest business and first class.

Indian travellers aren't going to stay low yielding forever. To be fair to emirates, India's such a short hop that they've been using their handful of older 777-300s for Indian routes. Since those are gone soon they'll have to use newer aircraft.

devmapper
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am

JOYA380B747 wrote:
unrave wrote:

I guess anyone amongst AS+VX, DL, AA, WN, B6

AI used to have an interline agreement with AA, but I think they did not renew it after they joined *A. I connected from an AA AUS-JFK flight to the AI JFK-DEL flight in 2011 on a single ticket. I don't think it is available any more, certainly not on aggregation sites. Perhaps a travel agent might be able to get an interline ticket.

DL is pretty close to 9W, connecting to inbound flights at AMS and CDG, especially with their KL-AF partners picking up any slack. i don't think they have any incentive to tie-up with AI.

If the rumored B6 merger with AS+VX happens (which is unlikely, even with the current antitrust environment), then perhaps AI would have a viable connection partner at JFK and SFO. It is a shame UA does not even consider codesharing with AI, since most of AI's flights, and indeed the highest concentration of Indian diaspora in the US is focused around UA's hubs (NYC,ORD,IAD,SFO and LAX)

binayak

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 am

Jouhou
So does being close to dubai mean use an inferior product at a place where people almost worship you? That people don't value service here has been proved in the domestic sector where airline like indigo has 40 percent market share. And yes talking about emirates, I think BOM DXB is shorter than any other india dubai route. They will send A380 to places which can assure them 14F and 80J class passengers daily.
Last edited by binayak on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

devmapper
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:20 am

binayak wrote:
Well one thing I don't know whether you all have noticed or not now all of AI USA routes are making money except one. It's the AMD LHR EWR one. I think unless politics is not removed from the airline, it won't come back on track. We had an entire thread on that route and it was obvious that such politically motivated routes are not for profits but are just to please our PM.

I've heard AI US non-stops are making money (apart from the AMD-LHR-EWR route), but I haven't seen any proof. Does anyone have any documents that can be shared publicly that can support such a claim?

I'd be very happy if AI breaks even on the non-stop US flights, since that would indicate any future buyer would likely continue these routes.

unrave

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 am

Why doesn't UA codeshare with AI despite being in Star Alliance? Is there some past bad blood between them?

BawliBooch

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:33 am

Jouhou wrote:
Indian travellers aren't going to stay low yielding forever. To be fair to emirates, India's such a short hop that they've been using their handful of older 777-300s for Indian routes. Since those are gone soon they'll have to use newer aircraft.

Will be interesting to see how the market develops from this point onwards. But historically, Indians have been known to look for cheapest options while travelling. Even those who shop for J/F fares will look for bargains. Its a cultural thing IMO. Many of my well to do friends still travel economy unless the company is paying for J/F. Many companies have simply stopped paying for premium classes. BA with its WT+ product has a surprising number of fans in my circle who see it as a cheaper alternative to J. However, it will be interesting to see how the market develops as (and if) incomes continue to rise.

I have never liked EK. Economy is way too tight on the 77W. Their A330's were bearable but they are all gone now. In Business, EK is angle-flat while even the worst Indian carrier is full-flat. The meal presentation is better than on AI yes and their IFE is FANTASTIC. But I wouldn't choose them as an option despite being lowest-cost option most of the time.

EK does deploy their oldest aircraft to Indian subcontinent routes. As the 773's cycle out, I believe the 77W's sent to India will eventually be the 2-class High Density ones except the EK505 rotation to BOM?

How many of the 77W's have been converted from the 8F+42J+305Y to the 2 class 42J+380Y layout?
L' Esprit de Mai 68

BawliBooch

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 am

devmapper wrote:
I've heard AI US non-stops are making money (apart from the AMD-LHR-EWR route), but I haven't seen any proof. Does anyone have any documents that can be shared publicly that can support such a claim?

I'd be very happy if AI breaks even on the non-stop US flights, since that would indicate any future buyer would likely continue these routes.

If you talk to some people in AI, all US flights except AMD-LHR-EWR are profitable. With the SFO flight, there is certainly a new spring in their step! But I am not sure what part of that confidence is bluster and what part is backed up by real numbers. Until we see some real numbers, I have to assume its just the former.
L' Esprit de Mai 68

Jouhou

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 am

BawliBooch wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Will be interesting to see how the market develops from this point onwards. But historically, Indians have been known to look for cheapest options while travelling. Even those who shop for J/F fares will look for bargains. Its a cultural thing IMO. Many of my well to do friends still travel economy unless the company is paying for J/F. Many companies have simply stopped paying for premium classes. BA with its WT+ product has a surprising number of fans in my circle who see it as a cheaper alternative to J. However, it will be interesting to see how the market develops as (and if) incomes continue to rise.

I have never liked EK. Economy is way too tight on the 77W. Their A330's were bearable but they are all gone now. In Business, EK is angle-flat while even the worst Indian carrier is full-flat. The meal presentation is better than on AI yes and their IFE is FANTASTIC. But I wouldn't choose them as an option despite being lowest-cost option most of the time.

EK does deploy their oldest aircraft to Indian subcontinent routes. As the 773's cycle out, I believe the 77W's sent to India will eventually be the 2-class High Density ones except the EK505 rotation to BOM?

How many of the 77W's have been converted from the 8F+42J+305Y to the 2 class 42J+380Y layout?

I think my father must be from India at heart. He will book the most ridiculous routings to save a few bucks, and he's not poor.

Also Mumbai is Indias financial capital, its like what NYC is to the US, it will likely always see the best aircraft.

I'm not up to date on EKs fleet beyond those retirements.

I see India getting some more preferential treatment in the near future regardless of frugal habits-like we've been seeing with china global businesses like to get into a market with growing affluence early with quality product to gain brand loyalty and recognition. EK would be doing itself a disservice to offer a lesser quality product.

An affluent India will be different from china- more freedom is enjoyed and a massive global diaspora- this positions India to become a leader in business in the future. Now if only the government could stop tripping itself up!

CaliguyNYC

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm

binayak wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:
binayak wrote:

Sorry I don't agree with the above logic. EK is SEAT RESTRICTED in India. Their strategy is to maintain multiple frequencies to India to feed their various banks because India traffic is KEY to most of their banks (UK and OZ flights being other KEY examples). That, prevents them from bringing more A380s to India. I would describe India as middle yielding in the big cities. What India lacks are corporates willing to pay $10k tickets for a India_EU flight. The ME3 have actually done a great job of skimming a lot of the premium pax in India simply because they offer multiple frequencies. India-DXB is like a 2.5-3 hour flight. All it requires is a regional configured aircraft (which SQ used to run even out of BOM), so that is what they offer. Plus Indian carriers run narrow bodies to DXB for the most part. The competition doesn't demand anything more premium. You are forced to accept what EK offers. Indian airlines foolishly avoided alliances in the early years (conspiracy theorists would say because their money was coming from the Gulf). So there was no real incentive to be loyal to an Indian carrier. With AI in Star and 9W in bed with DL/AF/KL/VS. You are finally seeing Indian premium pax stay loyal to Indian carriers.

BawliBooch

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
All it requires is a regional configured aircraft (which SQ used to run even out of BOM), so that is what they offer.

SQ is sending regional aircraft on some of their flights today. But that is quickly changing.

BOM: 1xA380, 1xA350, 1xA333(soon A350).
DEL: 1x772 (soon A350), 1xA380. (772 - recliner seats in J)
AMD: 1xA333
BLR: 1x772
HYD: 1xB738
CCU: A333 (3x/week) + B738 (4x/week).
MAA: 1xA333, 1xB738

All A333/772 flights are to be upgraded to A350 within the next year? So unless SQ is planning to have some regional config A359 with a regional J class, we can expect all SQ flights to have lie-flats to India (barring the MI operated code-shares).

CaliguyNYC wrote:
With AI in Star and 9W in bed with DL/AF/KL/VS. You are finally seeing Indian premium pax stay loyal to Indian carriers.

That is true. Also connecting in DEL/BOM is so much more convenient than DXB. 9W's J class is equivalent to F class on some airlines.
L' Esprit de Mai 68

globetrotter94

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 pm

unrave wrote:
Why doesn't UA codeshare with AI despite being in Star Alliance? Is there some past bad blood between them?

I don't know about UA and AI specifically, but in general, UA does not get along with most carriers in Star Alliance.
All roads may lead to Rome, but every city has flights to Istanbul.

binayak

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:47 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
binayak wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

Sorry I don't agree with the above logic. EK is SEAT RESTRICTED in India. Their strategy is to maintain multiple frequencies to India to feed their various banks because India traffic is KEY to most of their banks (UK and OZ flights being other KEY examples). That, prevents them from bringing more A380s to India. I would describe India as middle yielding in the big cities. What India lacks are corporates willing to pay $10k tickets for a India_EU flight. The ME3 have actually done a great job of skimming a lot of the premium pax in India simply because they offer multiple frequencies. India-DXB is like a 2.5-3 hour flight. All it requires is a regional configured aircraft (which SQ used to run even out of BOM), so that is what they offer. Plus Indian carriers run narrow bodies to DXB for the most part. The competition doesn't demand anything more premium. You are forced to accept what EK offers. Indian airlines foolishly avoided alliances in the early years (conspiracy theorists would say because their money was coming from the Gulf). So there was no real incentive to be loyal to an Indian carrier. With AI in Star and 9W in bed with DL/AF/KL/VS. You are finally seeing Indian premium pax stay loyal to Indian carriers.

Yes you are right. What I thought was EK 2 class 777 can carry upto 422 pax while 3 class a380 can carry 489 pax. So if the former is replaced by the latter the difference is 67 seats only. Well if EK has exhausted its seat allotment to India then I take back my words.

unrave

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:51 am

One third of all international flyers from/to India passed through UAE
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 035288.cms

upwardfacing

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:50 am

The one-third includes both P2P and transfer traffic. It's not just pass through. The UAE is far and away the largest O&D country market for India and continues to grow at a solid rate.

BawliBooch

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:37 am

upwardfacing wrote:
The one-third includes both P2P and transfer traffic. It's not just pass through. The UAE is far and away the largest O&D country market for India and continues to grow at a solid rate.

The general THEORY is that most O&D passengers are using Indian carriers while EK is carrying transfer traffic for the most part.
L' Esprit de Mai 68

Kashmon

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:15 am

BawliBooch wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
All it requires is a regional configured aircraft (which SQ used to run even out of BOM), so that is what they offer.

SQ is sending regional aircraft on some of their flights today. But that is quickly changing.

BOM: 1xA380, 1xA350, 1xA333(soon A350).
DEL: 1x772 (soon A350), 1xA380. (772 - recliner seats in J)
AMD: 1xA333
BLR: 1x772
HYD: 1xB738
CCU: A333 (3x/week) + B738 (4x/week).
MAA: 1xA333, 1xB738

All A333/772 flights are to be upgraded to A350 within the next year? So unless SQ is planning to have some regional config A359 with a regional J class, we can expect all SQ flights to have lie-flats to India (barring the MI operated code-shares).

CaliguyNYC wrote:
With AI in Star and 9W in bed with DL/AF/KL/VS. You are finally seeing Indian premium pax stay loyal to Indian carriers.

That is true. Also connecting in DEL/BOM is so much more convenient than DXB. 9W's J class is equivalent to F class on some airlines.

all Cathay flights are already lie flat
yet SQ trumps Cathay
SQ has no need to provide better service to Indians

unrave

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:27 am

TN CM says a new airport will be built in Chennai with 40m flyers capacity, but offers no more details
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... TOIDesktop

Looking at the present state of the govt I don't expect anything significant happening before the next elections in 2021. Moreover what is with the paltry planned capacity of 40m? A city the size of Chennai should plan for its next airport to be future proof, with a capacity of 100m

binayak

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:33 pm

unrave wrote:
TN CM says a new airport will be built in Chennai with 40m flyers capacity, but offers no more details
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... TOIDesktop

Looking at the present state of the govt I don't expect anything significant happening before the next elections in 2021. Moreover what is with the paltry planned capacity of 40m? A city the size of Chennai should plan for its next airport to be future proof, with a capacity of 100m

If the current and the new one operate simultaneously then 40 million is not a bad figure . By 2025 you will see at least 55 million pax from chennai. The government must leave some scope for further expansion so that the new chennai airport does not become another BOM!!!

vadodara

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 pm

unrave wrote:

Alaska Air Group. They have a pretty decent sized hub. In fact, Alaska also has several transcontinental flights out of JFK. However, at JFK they fly out of the British Airways terminal.

The point is, AAG has no conflict of interest so they cooperate with a pretty eclectic set of International airlines. They have arrangements with likes of EK, Japan Air, BA and so on.

VTORD

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm

vadodara wrote:
unrave wrote:

Alaska Air Group. They have a pretty decent sized hub. In fact, Alaska also has several transcontinental flights out of JFK. However, at JFK they fly out of the British Airways terminal.

The point is, AAG has no conflict of interest so they cooperate with a pretty eclectic set of International airlines. They have arrangements with likes of EK, Japan Air, BA and so on.

I think AI should consider multiple partnerships in the US. B6 for e.g., might be a better option out of JFK. However the EWR, ORD and IAD still remain on their destination map where UA absolutely is the dominant carrier.
Twitter: @spottingfoodie

unrave

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:41 am

ASEAN - India Flights
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/direct ... -countries
Singapore has more than 240 flight services a week to India, while Thailand has 270 and Malaysia, 230.
Indonesia's Garuda launched a thrice-weekly direct flight from Jakarta to Mumbai in 2016, while Myanmar has three direct flights a week from Yangon to Kolkata.

VietJet Air said it would begin operating a direct Delhi-Ho Chi Minh flight later this year, after a delay of about a year.

Flights between the Philippines and Mumbai and New Delhi should also restart in the second half of this year

unrave

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 am

This month's issue of Forbes India has a neat infographic on Air India's business segments
http://www.forbesindia.com/article/boar ... th/49523/1

VTORD

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 am

unrave wrote:
This month's issue of Forbes India has a neat infographic on Air India's business segments
http://www.forbesindia.com/article/boar ... th/49523/1

The fleet size doesn't match the published numbers on AI's website, unless either my Math is off or I am mistaking the 141 number for something else....

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 am

unrave wrote:

UA had a preexisting codeshare agreement with 9W and also seems determined not to let AI chase it off the EWR-BOM route. They both fly it with a similar schedule.

AirIndia

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 am

unrave wrote:
Blerg wrote:
IndiGo is in talks to launch DEL-BEG flights after Serbia became the only European country to abolish visas for Indian citizens.

Interesting. Didn't know Serbia has abolished visas for Indians. Will a A321neo be able to do DEL-BEG?

They had started offering Indians Visa on Arrival with valid US/UK/Schengen visas. I took advantage of that and visited BEG in October 2016.
Its a stunning place like any European capital but untouched as it has so far escaped the maniac tourist rush. it is the party capital with bars and pubs for party, after party and after-after party!!
Every one speaks in English and the place is dirt cheap.

binayak

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 am

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
unrave wrote:

UA had a preexisting codeshare agreement with 9W and also seems determined not to let AI chase it off the EWR-BOM route. They both fly it with a similar schedule.

The code share agreement was when 9W wanted to join star alliance. Currently 9W does not code share on UA flights but the latter does on the former's flights. In case of BOM EWR UA and earlier CO have been operating it for a long time and so they are more successful than AI.

Blerg

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:59 am

AirIndia wrote:
unrave wrote:
Blerg wrote:

They had started offering Indians Visa on Arrival with valid US/UK/Schengen visas. I took advantage of that and visited BEG in October 2016.
Its a stunning place like any European capital but untouched as it has so far escaped the maniac tourist rush. it is the party capital with bars and pubs for party, after party and after-after party!!

I am glad you enjoyed Belgrade! Actually visas have been completely removed a few months ago so it will be interesting to follow the number of tourists that come here. What Indigo can do is use BEG as a regional 'distribution' center for Indian tourists. Places like Budapest and Vienna are not far away and I guess their costs would be lower than Air India's which flies the Dreamliner to Vienna.

binayak

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 am

Blerg wrote:
AirIndia wrote:
unrave wrote:

I am glad you enjoyed Belgrade! Actually visas have been completely removed a few months ago so it will be interesting to follow the number of tourists that come here. What Indigo can do is use BEG as a regional 'distribution' center for Indian tourists. Places like Budapest and Vienna are not far away and I guess their costs would be lower than Air India's which flies the Dreamliner to Vienna.

Indigo will fly non-stop to Europe from Delhi only because that is their hub. I don't think there will be much of a difference in fares may be just 5000 INR. Remember indigo has a higher cost structure than scoot air or air Asia. At Delhi they will pay same parking charges as AI. Similarly many other factors do suggest that their fares won't be as cheap as we think.

unrave

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm

VTORD wrote:

The fleet size doesn't match the published numbers on AI's website, unless either my Math is off or I am mistaking the 141 number for something else....

Looks like a mistake. AI+IX should be 146

sand26391

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:06 pm

AirAsia India rakes in Rs 13.2 crore quarterly profit, will fly international this year.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... witter.com

anshabhi

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:12 am

sand26391 wrote:
AirAsia India rakes in Rs 13.2 crore quarterly profit, will fly international this year.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... witter.com

AirAsia is developing BLR as a perfect hub, with many new domestic flights being added every month ... I recently booked a BBI-KUL-BBI rund trip for Rs 2500, including all convenience and other fees !! Would be unbelievable if they offer such fares out of BLR too !!

Also, they can develop BLR as a hub for SE Asia- Middle East traffic.

Questions remain about Air India's Israel flights

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-ques ... 1001225505

A nice summary of all the progress made for Tel Aviv flights so far.

VTORD

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:26 am

unrave wrote:

Looks like a mistake. AI+IX should be 146

My bad sorry! I owe you an apology....I didn't read across the columns correctly on the AI website :banghead:

anshabhi

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:25 am

Some hint maybe from Sanjiv Kapoor that UK will go intl this year too:

VT-TNH, @airvistara 's 18th brand new Airbus A320 and 5th CFM-powered Neo, landed in DEL early this morning. Aircraft 19 comes next week, 20th in March, and 21st in May :)

https://twitter.com/TheSanjivKapoor/sta ... 5824628737

Antarius

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:26 am

All it says is the next 3 neos are being delivered. Where does it say anything about intl expansion?
2018 : AUA | CLT | IAH | HOU | DFW | COS | DEN | CLL | ORD | PVG | PEK | PHX | OAK | SFO | SJC | PHL | YYC | STL | DTW | HNL | OGG | JFK | LGA

Blerg

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:39 am

How is Vistara doing in general? I remember reading that some time ago they downgraded their service. What's their general strategy in India?

AirIndia

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:14 am

Antarius wrote:
All it says is the next 3 neos are being delivered. Where does it say anything about intl expansion?

The hint lies in the use of words 19th-20th-21st. As per Indian govt regulations, airlines can start Intl ops once their fleet is 20 aircraft or more.

AirIndia

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:18 am

Blerg wrote:
How is Vistara doing in general? I remember reading that some time ago they downgraded their service. What's their general strategy in India?

Im not sure what you mean by downgrade their sevice as the hard product offering hasnt changed. its still 3-classes.

They are expanding slowly but steadily and the strategy seems to me that would like to expand slow to ensure their service levels can keep up and not get diluted with an extreme expansion curve.

Blerg

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:21 am

AirIndia wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Im not sure what you mean by downgrade their sevice as the hard product offering hasnt changed. its still 3-classes.

They are expanding slowly but steadily and the strategy seems to me that would like to expand slow to ensure their service levels can keep up and not get diluted with an extreme expansion curve.

I think I read somewhere some time ago that the product offered onboard was modified, simplified that is. Maybe I am wrong, that's why I asked.

Are they concentrating on DEL or?

killswitch13

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Air France has just announced that they are handing over their Mumbai and Paris flight, to their newly launched millennial-focused airline, Joon!

The timing of the flight stays largely the same from 18 June 2018:

AF218 CDG1140 – 0005(+1)BOM 343 D
AF217 BOM0155 – 0805CDG 343 D

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:22 pm

killswitch13 wrote:
Air France has just announced that they are handing over their Mumbai and Paris flight, to their newly launched millennial-focused airline, Joon!

This is certainly interesting. 9W flight now to be the beneficiary in terms of premium traffic?

killswitch13

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 pm

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
killswitch13 wrote:

This is certainly interesting. 9W flight now to be the beneficiary in terms of premium traffic?

This will have biz, premium, and Y (incl free meals).

But what a downgrade in their aircraft

Slash787

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 pm

What A/C does AF uses on the BOM-Paris route? I guess with Joon they will use the A340-300?

Blerg

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:21 pm

I was under the impression Joon was being sent to lower yielding destinations. Maybe there isn't that much premium demand.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos