sleekjet

United Pilots To Get Stun Gun Training

Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:39 am

II Cor. 4:17-18

D-aqui

RE: United Pilots To Get Stun Gun Training

Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:14 am

Having a long experience in law enforcement and some deeper insights into the airline industry I consider this step as absolute rubbish. Such proposals and actions made and committed in a strive to create the absolute security are counter-productive.

Let us wait until the first stun gun smashes a glass cockpit or some lunatic gets hold of it and does whatever one can imagine, either on the ground or in the air.

Pilots are there to aviate, navigate and communicate. Exactly in that order and not to fight in a wild west like manner.

Tragic as the terrorist attacks were, the ideas that are now blossoming from some think tanks to prevent such action again leave me in absolute astonishment.

If one is looking at airport security: that would be a field where improvements could be made, even nowadays. A couple of weeks ago I was travelling with a colleague of mine from a western European airport. And guess what: he forgot his nail-scissors in his jacket; he got through security and presented them to me behind the barriers -

d-aqui