UPS763

NYC Area Arriving Aircraft, Plese Help!

Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:46 am

I live in central New Jersey, close to Trenton Mercer airport. Over the past week I have seen a 747 once every other day flying overhead Northeast bound towards the JFK/EWR area. The time was between 4-5pm. Does anyone know what airline this might be, I assume the flight might be from the west coast, stopping in New York and continuing over the N.Atlantic later on in the evening. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Matt

STT757

RE: NYC Area Arriving Aircraft, Plese Help!

Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:14 am

Sometimes flights arriving in to EWR from Europe come in over the Beach in Southern Ocean County head West towards Yardley PA and then swing North West towards Bridgewater, Morristown and then head South from the Meadowlands into EWR.

It's to avoid LGA and JFK traffic.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

H. Simpson

Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:06 am

I bet it would be a cargo flt. are you sure it's approaching to New York area? or just overflights, may be you can check http://www.flightarrivals.com they have an excellent flight schedule list and you probably can find your answer there.

mike

timz

We Need To Know...

Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:23 am

...where exactly you're seeing it, and some idea of the altitude. It wasn't at contrail height, was it?

JFK arrivals are ordinarily many miles away from TTN; EWR arrivals from the south used to (and still do?) go over the Robbinsville VOR, which isn't too far east of Trenton. EWR arrivals from the west used to be maybe 20-30 miles north of Trenton-- but conceivably that route has shifted a bit.

Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:00 pm

There have been several cargo 747 flights out of McGuire AFB in central Jersey to JFK. Might have been those.

- KEWR  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

timz

Finally Found The Charts

Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:17 am

As you see at http://www.edj.net/cgi-bin/echoplate.pl?Arrivals/ENO%20RBV1.GIF
flights into Newark from the south track the RBV 238-deg radial, which is maybe 15 miles SE of TTN. Arrivals from the west are on the BWZ 302 radial (see http://www.edj.net/cgi-bin/echoplate.pl?Arrivals/FQM1.GIF) which is 30 miles north of TTN. So if they were actually close to TTN we're mystified.

As for McGuire to JFK: I'm no expert, but I woulda thought such a flight would head east to intercept the CAMRN arrival, so staying well away from TTN.

usairways85

Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:25 am

i live in southern NJ and it is nothing new for me to see planes going to ewr and jfk, however i see many planes heading over the atlantic. i counted 7 european airliners in about 30 min or so right along the same general flt path above my house. i also see many planes heading towards ewr, i can tell because the majority of them are CO.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos