Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jplatts

Re: Southwest Airlines Network Thread 2018

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:25 pm

In addition to Hawaii, WN could add nonstop service to SJC from ATL, IND, MCI, LGB, BNA, RDU, SAT, and IAD. Will WN be announcing any nonstop service to SJC from any of these 8 destinations in the August 30th schedule extension?

iflykpdx

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm definitely surprised there's no non-stop SJC-WAS. I guess you could maybe count the sole WN SJC-BWI but not really, and F9 has the one-stop service to IAD. Curious what the PDEW is for SJC-IAD/DCA.

AirFiero

Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:07 am

jplatts wrote:
In addition to Hawaii, WN could add nonstop service to SJC from ATL, IND, MCI, LGB, BNA, RDU, SAT, and IAD. Will WN be announcing any nonstop service to SJC from any of these 8 destinations in the August 30th schedule extension?

As much of a SJC fan as I am, I’d think WN would be more likely to add routes such as that from OAK, which seems to be their main gateway to San Francisco. They have a lot more flights at OAK than SFO. I’m actually surprised how much WN has built up SJC recently and already.

jplatts

Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 am

AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

As much of a SJC fan as I am, I’d think WN would be more likely to add routes such as that from OAK, which seems to be their main gateway to San Francisco. They have a lot more flights at OAK than SFO. I’m actually surprised how much WN has built up SJC recently and already.

WN already serves ATL, IND, MCI, LGB, BNA, and SAT nonstop from OAK. WN has also already announced plans to add nonstop service to Hawaiian destinations from OAK, SJC, SMF, and SAN. IND, MCI, and BNA are also three of the top destinations traveled to out of SJC that aren't currently served nonstop out of SJC.

While WN doesn't currently serve RDU or IAD nonstop from either OAK or SJC, WN could add nonstop service to RDU and IAD from both OAK and SJC in order to better strengthen its position against AS in the San Francisco Bay Area. RDU is also located in a major high-tech corridor, and Cisco and other Silicon Valley-based companies have a presence in the Research Triangle. There is also a major high-tech presence on the west side of the DC area, which is much closer to IAD than to DCA or BWI, and WN could add SJC-IAD nonstop service in order to better serve the Silicon Valley-based business travelers who travel to the west side of the DC area.

Jshank83

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Saw on twitter that WN is getting an extra TPA-Havana on Saturday only

wnflyguy

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Rumors Have that WN pushed Hawaii ground crew report dates from October 1 2018 back
To April 1 2019.
Hopefully this isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Flyguy

wnflyguy

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 pm

WN has extended LGB extra flights 3 LAS , 2 extra SMF, and 1 Saturday/Sunday only DEN until January 31 2019. In addition WN will run 1 DEN Round Trip on Wednesday January 2 2019 This will give more people the ability to make holiday travel plans from LGB.

Flyguy

WNCrew

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Rumors Have that WN pushed Hawaii ground crew report dates from October 1 2018 back
To April 1 2019.

Flyguy

EDITED**

As of this morning I can confirm that there has been a delay for ground crew reporting. Depending on whether they're Managers, Supervisors etc... they're reporting Oct, Nov, Dec 2018 and April 2019. Operations possibly starting January/February..
Last edited by WNCrew on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wnflyguy

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:46 pm

WNCrew wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
To April 1 2019.

Flyguy

I certainly can't speak for ALL Ground Crew, but I CAN confirm that as of this morning, (some) managers and rampers are still to report Oct and Nov 1st 2018.

I heard a rumour they will have Hawaii go teams in place should approvel go before the end of the year.
Thanks for the update.

Flyguy

camdawg

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 am

When will the proving runs begin? Looking to see if I should wait on buying my tickets to Maui in early 2018...

stl07

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:13 am

camdawg wrote:
When will the proving runs begin? Looking to see if I should wait on buying my tickets to Maui in early 2018...

I think you already missed the boat on that one :D

camdawg

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 am

stl07 wrote:
camdawg wrote:

I think you already missed the boat on that one :D

Ooops 2019*. Wow I read over it multiple times and still messed it up

wnflyguy

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:44 pm

WN MX Voted NO on their TA. Unfortunately this may stall Hawaii plans for WN.

Flyguy

ucdtim17

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Update from CF: https://crankyflier.com/2018/09/18/an-u ... aii-plans/

Still plan to sell tickets this year but no actual news on start date.

HeavyMx01

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 pm

wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

It will have no bearing on their operations starting.

WNCrew

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:33 pm

HeavyMx01 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

It will have no bearing on their operations starting.

Can you expand on that? I genuinely know nothing about it and am curious why people think/thought it would affect things either way. Thanks in advance :-)

wnflyguy

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 pm

With the today new schedule release WN further extended the temporary slots for LGB. 3 daily LAS 2 xtra SMF and weekend DEN until 02/28/2019.

Flyguy

jplatts

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:12 am

There was an article titled "Tommy Barton column: Savannah should go all out to land Southwest Airlines" that was published on the Savannah Now website, and that article can be found at https://www.savannahnow.com/opinion/20181013/tommy-barton-column-savannah-should-go-all-out-to-land-southwest-airlines.

What destinations would get nonstop service to SAV on WN if it starts service out of SAV?

nomorerjs

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:55 am

jplatts wrote:
There was an article titled "Tommy Barton column: Savannah should go all out to land Southwest Airlines" that was published on the Savannah Now website, and that article can be found at https://www.savannahnow.com/opinion/20181013/tommy-barton-column-savannah-should-go-all-out-to-land-southwest-airlines.

What destinations would get nonstop service to SAV on WN if it starts service out of SAV?

BNA, BWI, DAL, HOU, MDW, STL would all be possible adds.

SANFan

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:12 am

As I posted on a couple of other threads, and thought it appropriate here as well, I found in the current WN skeds that they have upgraded SAN-ELP to DAILY beginning in early January. This is of course in response to AAG announcing the route 2 weeks ago, when WN was continuing to fly in the market on Sundays only (thru the open booking window next May.

This is certainly not an unexpected move by WN; I have not seen any announcement and I suppose won't see one. I don't know how often WN does this kind of upgrade on a route without announcing it. But to me, it's like a new route is slipped in quietly in the middle of an open booking window. I suppose there will at least be some advertising.

In any case, it looks like it took a push by AS but WN is (finally) back in the ELP-SAN market full time.

bb

ctrabs0114

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 am

nomorerjs wrote:
jplatts wrote:

BNA, BWI, DAL, HOU, MDW, STL would all be possible adds.

What do you drop from DAL to accommodate SAV? At a bare minimum, BNA, BWI and MDW make the most sense to launch, presuming WN has the same interest in SAV that SAV has in WN.

jplatts

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:45 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
What do you drop from DAL to accommodate SAV? At a bare minimum, BNA, BWI and MDW make the most sense to launch, presuming WN has the same interest in SAV that SAV has in WN.

WN has more than enough room at DAL to add Saturday-only nonstop service to SAV since WN will only be doing 147 daily departures out of DAL on Saturdays in June 2019, and WN could add Saturday-only nonstop service to SAV from DAL since SAV is a leisure destination.

FA9295

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:52 am

jplatts wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

WN has more than enough room at DAL to add Saturday-only nonstop service to SAV since WN will only be doing 147 daily departures out of DAL on Saturdays in June 2019, and WN could add Saturday-only nonstop service to SAV from DAL since SAV is a leisure destination.

I'll add on to this. How do we know that the cuts would come from DAL to add flights to/from SAV? As for possible destinations, I could see BWI, DAL, HOU and MDW all as possibilities. Maybe some flights to Florida as well (TPA/MCO/FLL) if the proper pax demand/schedule is there...

wnflyguy

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Nothing to report about the WN schedule.
But would like to say "Farewell and Happy Retirement to WN very own and many airliner nerds favorite blogger BILL OWEN! " it's been a pleasure reading your post over the years!
Congratulations!

Flyguy

WN732

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Saw on Instagram a photo of the baggage service office for WN at HNL. Hopefully, we'll find out soon when that office will be staffed with WN employees.

jplatts

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 pm

There was an article titled "When Will Southwest Airlines Launch Hawaii Flights?" published yesterday that said that WN flights to Hawaii are expected to go on sale by the end of this month, and that article can be found at https://simpleflying.com/southwest-airlines-hawaii-flights-launch/.

dbo861

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:11 pm

jplatts wrote:
There was an article titled "When Will Southwest Airlines Launch Hawaii Flights?" published yesterday that said that WN flights to Hawaii are expected to go on sale by the end of this month, and that article can be found at https://simpleflying.com/southwest-airlines-hawaii-flights-launch/.

The quote from that article is:
We expect tickets to go on sale towards the end of October 2018, so we shouldn’t be waiting too long at all! In terms of the flights themselves, we could see them launch as early as next month but we could be waiting until the start of 2019, so for now we all need to wait anxiously until we hear more from Southwest. We know that crew are already on the ground in Honolulu and recently Southwest donated $50,000 to a local charity in Hawaii. So it’s only going to be a matte of time!

I don't know how reliable this Simpleflying website is when they say "we expect tickets to go on sale", especially when there has been no other announcements.

I honestly wouldn't put any weight on that clickbait "article" you posted. Reading through it, it's a big add to get you to sign up a Southwest Visa Credit Card. There's no news in there. They even state in the article they receive referral bonus from the credit card companies. They're using Hawaii flying as a ploy to get people to click on the links. They don't even mention the new Southwest Priority Visa in the article which is weird.

krod031

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:34 pm

WN732 wrote:
Saw on Instagram a photo of the baggage service office for WN at HNL. Hopefully, we'll find out soon when that office will be staffed with WN employees.

Where did you see that at? Id like to see it....

bob75013

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Here's the word from hawaii

1) the airline has submitted in-flight operations and procedures documentation for ETOPS (government) approval (2 week ago)

2)Flights still likely to be announced this month (October 2018) We are still looking for starting prices in the $99 to $139 range each way.

3)October 2018

✈ ETOPS test (proving) flights across Pacific
✈ ETOPS final certification
✈ Staffing in place at Hawaii’s launch airports

October to November 2018

✈ Flight announcement/ticket sales start
✈ Commencement of flights to Honolulu/Maui

November 2018 to January 2019

✈ Flight extensions start to Kona and Lihue

Early to Mid-2019

✈ Flights from Los Angeles to Hawaii
✈ Direct flights commence to Kona and Lihue
✈ Additional Hawaii interisland flights.

https://beatofhawaii.com/southwest-hawa ... ne-update/

Silver1SWA

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm

WN732 wrote:

Yes, very anxious to know when that will happen.

wnflyguy

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 am

WN extended it's temporary LGB flights until 03/31/2019. 3 LAS ,2 extra SMF and 1 SAT/SUN DEN nonstop. Bringing WN at LGB to 11 Daily flight with 3 overnight RON aircraft.

In addition sounds like Hawaii flights will start sometime around March or April 2019 now.

PAE sounds like Sometime in January.
Hopefully Both Hawaii and PAE schedules and ticket sales will be announced in November.

Flyguy

barney captain

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:45 pm

From the Earnings Call yesterday -

Southwest Airlines still plans to start selling tickets to Hawaii before the end of the year, with flights to begin soon after, executives said Thursday.

And -

But company officials talked more about Hawaii than they have in months on the airline's quarterly earnings conference call, suggesting the airline is confident regulatory approval is near. Southwest has been working with the Federal Aviation Administration for more than a year to get certification for long, over-water flights.

Southwest says its facilities, equipment, staff and flight schedule for Hawaii are ready to go. The airline is opening a pilot and flight attendant base in Los Angeles in December in part to staff the Hawaii flights.

"We are really just chomping at the bit,'' Southwest President Tom Nealon said.

Southwest CEO Gary Kelly said Southwest will start selling tickets within days of receiving so-called ETOPS certification from the FAA. The first Southwest flights to Hawaii could be launched within weeks of that, though the timing depends on the calendar.

"We don't want to start flying on Christmas Day (a slow travel day) as an example,'' Kelly said.

Southwest Chief Operating Officer Mike Van de Ven said Southwest has made "steady progress'' in the FAA certification process, and has completed key reviews and revisions of its operations and maintenance manuals. He said the certification process now transitions to a "demonstration phase,'' with exercises and "validation" flights with FAA officials.

Southwest Airlines has said little about its new Hawaii flights, which will account for half its growth in 2019, since it announced definitive plans to start service a year ago. Travelers hoarding Southwest frequent flier points for a dream trip to Hawaii press the airline daily on social media for more details.

Representatives generally have the same answer: stay tuned.

It seems like it will be earlier than March/April if Kelly is referencing Christmas.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 759783002/

Jshank83

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 pm

barney captain wrote:
From the Earnings Call yesterday -

Southwest says its facilities, equipment, staff and flight schedule for Hawaii are ready to go. The airline is opening a pilot and flight attendant base in Los Angeles in December in part to staff the Hawaii flights.

"We are really just chomping at the bit,'' Southwest President Tom Nealon said.

Seems interesting since they supposedly aren't flying to Hawaii from LAX (at least at first)

barney captain

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Correct. The initial launch will be from OAK. The LAX base will come online shortly after. The LAX crews will support etops flying from other than LAX.

jplatts

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 pm

While ITO will not be one of the initial Hawaiian destinations for WN, there was an article that said that "Hawkins said the airline [Southwest Airlines] also is 'very interested' in flights to Hilo, and Steve Goldberg, Southwest’s senior vice president of operations and hospitality, said in May that Hilo is 'very much on our radar' and called it 'critical' for interisland offerings." That article can be found at https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018/10/26/hawaii-news/southwest-airlines-still-bullish-on-hilo-market/.

WN can probably make SAN-ITO nonstop service work for the following reasons:
  • UA is currently the only airline to serve ITO nonstop from the contiguous U.S., and the 1 daily nonstop between ITO and LAX on UA is also currently the only nonstop service between ITO and the contiguous U.S.
  • AA, DL, and AS do not currently serve ITO
  • ITO is located near several resorts
  • WN would be able to connect passengers to ITO from OAK, SJC, SFO, SMF, LAS, PHX, DEN, ABQ, DAL, AUS, and SAT (and vice versa) if it adds SAN-ITO nonstop service
  • WN adding SAN-ITO nonstop service would stimulate additional tourism to Hilo from Greater San Diego, Northern California, Denver, and the Southwestern U.S.
  • There will very likely be some passengers connecting to ITO from Northern California, Denver, and the Southwestern U.S. through SAN on WN if WN adds SAN-ITO nonstop service
  • None of the US3 carriers are likely to ever serve ITO nonstop from SAN, whereas UA will likely add SFO-ITO nonstop service if WN ever adds OAK-ITO or SJC-ITO nonstop service

wnflyguy

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:53 am

jplatts wrote:
While ITO will not be one of the initial Hawaiian destinations for WN, there was an article that said that "Hawkins said the airline [Southwest Airlines] also is 'very interested' in flights to Hilo, and Steve Goldberg, Southwest’s senior vice president of operations and hospitality, said in May that Hilo is 'very much on our radar' and called it 'critical' for interisland offerings." That article can be found at https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018/10/26/hawaii-news/southwest-airlines-still-bullish-on-hilo-market/.

• UA is currently the only airline to serve ITO nonstop from the contiguous U.S., and the 1 daily nonstop between ITO and LAX on UA is also currently the only nonstop service between ITO and the contiguous U.S.
  • WN would be able to connect passengers to ITO from OAK, SJC, SFO, SMF, LAS, PHX, DEN, ABQ, DAL, AUS, and SAT (and vice versa) if it adds SAN-ITO nonstop service
  • WN adding SAN-ITO nonstop service would stimulate additional tourism to Hilo from Greater San Diego, Northern California, Denver, and the Southwestern U.S.
  • There will very likely be some passengers connecting to ITO from Northern California, Denver, and the Southwestern U.S. through SAN on WN if WN adds SAN-ITO nonstop service
  • None of the US3 carriers are likely to ever serve ITO nonstop from SAN, whereas UA will likely add SFO-ITO nonstop service if WN ever adds OAK-ITO or SJC-ITO nonstop service

Hearing that new Hawaii tentative schedule starts date is Now February 14 2019. These plans now will include ITO.

Also sounds like CUN will see 3 new additional Saturday only nonstops market for summer 2019.

Flyguy

BTVB6Flyer

Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 am

Would love to see WN try TPA-CUN, seems like a logical add.

jplatts

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:03 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Would love to see WN try TPA-CUN, seems like a logical add.

I agree that WN could add TPA-CUN nonstop service, and there are also some other nonstop routes that could be added by WN at TPA such as TPA-CVG, TPA-MBJ, TPA-OAK, and TPA-OKC.

WN732

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Hearing that new Hawaii tentative schedule starts date is Now February 14 2019. These plans now will include ITO.

Also sounds like CUN will see 3 new additional Saturday only nonstops market for summer 2019.

Flyguy

Dang I was praying for a Friday launch

wnflyguy

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:35 pm

WN732 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Flyguy

Dang I was praying for a Friday launch

From what I heard "On February 14 WN will bring some LUV to the Hawaii Islands." It's Valentine's Day and President's Day 3 day weekend makes since.
Out of all the Hawaii speculation this one sounds very Southwest.
Hopefully something fun will be announced tomorrow even if it's not Hawaii.

Other Odd rumors have
FAT and STS being added to the California strong mix.
FAT
3 OAK
2 LAS

STS
2 LAX
1 LAS
1 SAN

Flyguy

hoya

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:58 pm

jplatts wrote:

I doubt WN could make ITO work if UA is barely making it work, then again UA's flight is a redeye back to LAX whereas WN would have to offer a day flight since they don't do redeyes. At the end of 2017 UA announced ITO service increasing to daily in 2018. Looking at the current schedule, UA is back down to 5x weekly. In January, it's down to 3x weekly. Not sure how much effect the volcano has had on ITO traffic. SFO-ITO was attempted a few years ago by UA and quickly dropped.

FLYKTPA

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Their website routemap shows nonstop ORF-SAN and RDU-SJC.

Midwestindy

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm

IND-BOS goes 1x weekly

SteveXC500

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Schedule extended today:
Exploring MSP changes. ATL gets the axe. Surprised a bit there

pmanni1

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 pm

STL-BOS goes 5x daily
STL-CLE goes 3x daily
STL-DEN goes 6x daily
STL-MBJ extended through summer

HeeseokKoo

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm

According to another thread, WN won't operate PAE. All WN slots were gone to AS.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1408527

ctrabs0114

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:00 pm

HeeseokKoo wrote:
According to another thread, WN won't operate PAE. All WN slots were gone to AS.

So, WN goes through a big press release announcing service to PAE only to drop those plans. That's a pretty big letdown, to be honest.

Midwestindy

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:12 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-relea ... 2018-11-15
https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... new-places
Huge announcement for BNA

Records Set in Nashville
Southwest continues its investment in Nashville by offering its biggest schedule ever from Music City.

New Nonstop Routes
Effective June 9, 2019, the carrier will add daily nonstop service between:

Nashville and Burbank
Nashville and San Jose, Calif.

Additionally, the carrier is offering seasonal service on Sundays between Nashville and Omaha.

More Weekday Flights
On June 10, 2019, the carrier will also increase the number of roundtrip flights between:

Nashvilleand Boston, 4 flights day (an increase of one weekday flight)
Nashvilleand Detroit, 3 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
Nashville and Las Vegas, 4 flights a day (an increase of one flight Sundays-Fridays)
Nashvilleand Minneapolis, 2 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
Nashvilleand San Diego, 3 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
Nashvilleand St. Louis, 4 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)

The carrier also announced the return of popular seasonal routes from Nashville including weekend service between:
Nashville and Norfolk, Va. (Previously operated in 2014)
Nashville and Seattle (Previously operated in Sept. 2018)

"These new flights are a result of the demand we're seeing from Customers as they ask for more options to the places that matter most in their lives," said Andrew Watterson, Southwest Airlines' Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer. "As Nashville's economy thrives, we want to do what we can to be the region's top choice for air travel, providing that service with a smile and the Heart that can only be found at Southwest Airlines."

With the new routes and frequency increases listed above, Southwest will offer 124 departures a day on weekdays and 133 departures on Sundays.

Additional Nonstop Flights to Takeoff in June 2019
Effective June 9, 2019, Southwest will add the following daily nonstop options for travelers:

Between San Diego and Omaha
Between Ontario, Calif. and San Francisco (4 flights a day on weekdays, 3 flights a day on weekends)
Between Austin and Raleigh-Durham

New International Routes
Southwest also announced today it will be adding seasonal service on Saturdays effective June 15, 2019, between:

Baltimore/Washington and Grand Cayman*
Houston (Hobby) and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic*
*Routes are subject to government approvals.

Paine Field Update
Southwest also today announced it has entered into an agreement with Alaska Airlines to transfer the carrier's slot access to an under-construction passenger terminal at Paine Field (PAE). The decision is based on business considerations and terms of the agreement are confidential. The carrier has since notified airport developers and Snohomish County leaders of its decision.

Next year, Southwest will celebrate 25 years of service to the Puget Sound area through its operation at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which offers more than 40 flights a day to 14 cities nonstop during peak travel periods.

To book any of these new flights or any of the carrier's more than 4,000 flights, visit Southwest.com.

dbo861

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
HeeseokKoo wrote:

So, WN goes through a big press release announcing service to PAE only to drop those plans. That's a pretty big letdown, to be honest.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Seattle isn't a big market for WN, and any passengers they would serve out of PAE could still fly on WN out of SEA if they wanted to. Until Feb 11 next year, those passengers are forced to fly out of SEA anyways. From day one, PAE was going to be at max capacity, so no room for them to grow.
Last edited by dbo861 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctrabs0114

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Schedule extended today:
Exploring MSP changes. ATL gets the axe. Surprised a bit there

Presuming you're referring to MSP-ATL, I can't say it's much of a shock. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd think the fact that MSP-ATL is (presumably) a major DL hub-to-hub route might have hurt WN a little bit.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos