TK105 wrote:I heard rumors that planned transfer of operations from IST to INA will require 2 days and during this period only SAW will be operational.
Edit: Those 2 days are supposed to be 28th and 29th of October. Also TEM motorway will be partly closed to traffic so that equipment can be moved from IST to INA quickly.
Moreover first landing is rumored to be during last week of February which will be a presidential flight...
My insider says that only runway 1 and 2 will be ready by October 2018 (but you never know, because they work also very hard on runway 3 as well). I asked about terminal: He said that it will be ready by October without difficulties with the current pace.
There must be some misinterpretations, above:
1) The present day plan is that all non-Turkish airlines (or rather, all airline not using AHL, as a hub), will cease their flights to Istanbul (except SAW) on 30th & 31st. So these airlines will still operate from IST/AHL until 29th late evening, by 23:59.
2) OnurAir & Atlasglobal will move to New Airport during 30th &31st but will not resume any flights.
3) TK will continue limited flights from IST/AHL on 30th but will also be heading for the New Airport on 30th & 31st. Full scale TK operations from New Airport will be start on 2nd Nov. (Friday). TK, for sure, will have no flights for a period of min. 12 to 18 hrs. on 30th & 31st.
4) IATA Code IST will probably transferred to the New Airport at 00:01 on 29th.
5) The first landing to New Airport is planned on 26th February (birthday of Erdogan), but will probably not be with Presidential VIP frames TC-TUR or TC-CAN.
6) Runway 3: Not even the slightest chance to be ready and moreover operational by end Oct. 2018. Expected to be operational by mid-to-end 2019.
7) Terminal (complete readiness) by end-Oct. 2018: A big iffff? Certainly many internal facilities like the Terminal Airport Hotel, Lounges and many shops cannot be ready by that date. Duty-Free, again an iffff??? (Maybe only the main one, not the smaller ones on the piers...) But im some way they must ready the PB2 as this is the only pier dedicated to domestic flights. My guess is now PB3 & PB5 may not be fully ready by end-Oct. 2018.