FLLflyboy
Topic Author
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:07 am

What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:30 pm

With Frontier giving COS the largest passenger boost they have had in years and announcing new service almost monthly (seemingly), and the Colorado Springs Gazette now declaring the airport to be out of Denver's shadow and it's own air service market what's next for this airport? Could we see ULCC's start to leave Denver and move south? Any indications a new carrier is going to start service? Expanded service from existing carriers?
 
ericm2031
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:45 pm

I have to wonder if this 2nd attempt at a COS focus city will be any different than the last...and that was back when they had a much more loyal following. Every route either already operating or upcoming overlaps with one of their DEN routes, which is also expanding rapidly.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Who has ever had COS a focus city?

Western Pacific had a connecting hub there, but I don't ever recall COS being a focus city.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 6090
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 pm

What's keeping WN from having a presence in COS?
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4674
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:59 pm

I am hoping AS will return to COS sooner rather than later.
 
User avatar
BWIAirport
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
What's keeping WN from having a presence in COS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a good portion of WN traffic through DEN connecting rather than o&d, to a greater extent than most of their 'focus cities'? In Seattle, they could move some operations to PAE because Seattle is the final destination for more passengers (geography obviously pays a big role in that). They may want to keep their operations in the greater Denver area streamlined to keep connections smooth. If they were to start in COS, it would be barebone service, maybe to MDW, DAL, LAX, SFO.
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN | E190 DC9 712 733 737 738 739 744 752 762 77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:49 pm

Well Frontier just dropped SJC before it even started, so that's not a good sign. However, there are a bunch more routes that they are starting with their large April expansion.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-140/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4674
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:58 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
What's keeping WN from having a presence in COS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a good portion of WN traffic through DEN connecting rather than o&d, to a greater extent than most of their 'focus cities'? In Seattle, they could move some operations to PAE because Seattle is the final destination for more passengers (geography obviously pays a big role in that). They may want to keep their operations in the greater Denver area streamlined to keep connections smooth. If they were to start in COS, it would be barebone service, maybe to MDW, DAL, LAX, SFO.


I agree with MDW and DAL...but not so much with LAX and SFO. I think if WN started COS, they would go to LAS and maybe OAK, where connections are optimal.

As far as PAE, it won't happen...at least not in the near-future. WN at PAE will most likely be OAK, LAS, SAN and DEN...maybe PHX. But 5 to 6 flights daily is pretty small for WN.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3890
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
What's keeping WN from having a presence in COS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a good portion of WN traffic through DEN connecting rather than o&d, to a greater extent than most of their 'focus cities'? In Seattle, they could move some operations to PAE because Seattle is the final destination for more passengers (geography obviously pays a big role in that). They may want to keep their operations in the greater Denver area streamlined to keep connections smooth. If they were to start in COS, it would be barebone service, maybe to MDW, DAL, LAX, SFO.


I agree with MDW and DAL...but not so much with LAX and SFO. I think if WN started COS, they would go to LAS and maybe OAK, where connections are optimal.

As far as PAE, it won't happen...at least not in the near-future. WN at PAE will most likely be OAK, LAS, SAN and DEN...maybe PHX. But 5 to 6 flights daily is pretty small for WN.


I'd kill for a WN flight from COS to MCI.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
User avatar
BWIAirport
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
What's keeping WN from having a presence in COS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a good portion of WN traffic through DEN connecting rather than o&d, to a greater extent than most of their 'focus cities'? In Seattle, they could move some operations to PAE because Seattle is the final destination for more passengers (geography obviously pays a big role in that). They may want to keep their operations in the greater Denver area streamlined to keep connections smooth. If they were to start in COS, it would be barebone service, maybe to MDW, DAL, LAX, SFO.


I agree with MDW and DAL...but not so much with LAX and SFO. I think if WN started COS, they would go to LAS and maybe OAK, where connections are optimal.

As far as PAE, it won't happen...at least not in the near-future. WN at PAE will most likely be OAK, LAS, SAN and DEN...maybe PHX. But 5 to 6 flights daily is pretty small for WN.

Right, no way a COS-PAE flight is in anyone's plans. I was more comparing a DEN -> COS movement to the SEA -> PAE movement UA, AS, and WN are doing.
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN | E190 DC9 712 733 737 738 739 744 752 762 77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88
 
jmc1975
Posts: 2971
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:57 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Possible resumption of AA to PHX?
Spacepope wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:


I'd kill for a WN flight from COS to MCI.


America West flew COS-MCI back in the 80s. COS was one of HP's initial markets service at its launch in 1983.
.......
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 3890
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:01 pm

jmc1975 wrote:
Possible resumption of AA to PHX?
Spacepope wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:


America West flew COS-MCI back in the 80s. COS was one of HP's initial markets service at its launch in 1983.


That's great and all, but it still doesn't help me out much nowadays. By the time I drive to DEN or connect through DFW I don't really save much time over driving. COS needs better connectivity, maybe starting with DL bringing back the flight to MSP.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
ericm2031
Posts: 913
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm

afcjets wrote:
Who has ever had COS a focus city?

Western Pacific had a connecting hub there, but I don't ever recall COS being a focus city.


F9 started to build up COS similiar to what they are doing now but then completely pulled out the following year. I think they were planning on it being a focus city but never made it
 
FARmd90
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 pm

It’s a long shot and there are other things higher on the list. But what about a B6 focus city in COS? Connect to all their other focous cities and top destinations from COS and go from there?
 
afcjets
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:52 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Who has ever had COS a focus city?

Western Pacific had a connecting hub there, but I don't ever recall COS being a focus city.


F9 started to build up COS similiar to what they are doing now but then completely pulled out the following year. I think they were planning on it being a focus city but never made it


Thanks, it's hard to keep up with F9.
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 4733
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 am

afcjets wrote:
... it's hard to keep up with F9.

Agreed! I have no idea if F9 is flying/will be flying COS-SAN in 2018. I think there is a market IF the service is consistent.

Personally, I would love to see AAG put one of there EMJs on the COS-SAN market regularly -- that would be easier to count on than come-and-go service from Frontier.

bb
 
AAvgeek744
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 am

afcjets wrote:
Who has ever had COS a focus city?

Western Pacific had a connecting hub there, but I don't ever recall COS being a focus city.


I am going to guess the poster meant Western Pacific. 30-50 flights a day at peak does not make a city a hub. A connecting focus city yes, but hub was stretching it then as it would now.
 
User avatar
mariner
Posts: 19473
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:29 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am

ericm2031 wrote:
F9 started to build up COS similiar to what they are doing now but then completely pulled out the following year. I think they were planning on it being a focus city but never made it


Then, Frontier was not yet full ULCC and the good folk at COS would not pay one thin dime more for service from COS rather than DEN. No one could see the point of serving COS if they weren't going to use it and COS folk were well used to driving to DEN. So Frontier pulled out.

And regrouped, and came back as a full-on ULCC - COS folk wanted cheap? Frontier gave 'em cheap. Image

mariner
Last edited by mariner on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
aeternum nauta
 
WNflyer1523
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 am

I’d like to see WN go into COS. Definitely not large-scale like their operations just up the highway at DEN however.
They would probably start off with LAS, PHX, MDW, and maybe DAL and/or OAK.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Who has ever had COS a focus city?

Western Pacific had a connecting hub there, but I don't ever recall COS being a focus city.


I am going to guess the poster meant Western Pacific. 30-50 flights a day at peak does not make a city a hub. A connecting focus city yes, but hub was stretching it then as it would now.


Of course it was a hub, in fact IIRC 100% of their operation there was specifically timed connection banks. Hubs have existed long before someone came up with the term focus city. A focus city is where an airline offers flights to a handful of nonstop destinations in addition to their hubs and with little to no opportunity for connecting traffic.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1143
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 am

AA adding flights to PHX, then possibly LAX and a daily CLT would help the area’s connectivity immensely.
DL to MSP and/or LAX/SEA and UA to SFO as well
-Andrés Juánez
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4106
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 am

COS was underserved for a while. Now it almost seems like frontier is getting too large, not all routes will work. I don't think they expect all to work, some are tests. I do wish them luck! Good to see COS back in use even in DIAs shadow.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:17 am

COS-PDX on F9.
No, "FA" in my username does not stand for "flight attendant"...
 
BMcD
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:29 am

I like flying out of COS personally. Fast, easy and security is quick. We are starting to slowly get our lost service. We had service to MSP and CLT non-stop at one point and lost it. Would love to see some of the bigger cities come back on RJ's if necessary. (I miss the S80 though!)
DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80/2/3, 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, L1011, CRJ2/7/900, A320, A321, A330, Saab 340
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4106
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 am

What is the largest o&d city not served from COS? I am going to guess it's NYC/ BOS or PDX?

PDX seems easy , NYC/Boston take a lot of airplane time.

I know Hawaii sounds crazy but those travellers tend to go for a while, I think they could easily pull in people from the denver area since parking is so much easier and its cheap for parking you can walk to the plane convenient. Alot of Honeymooners non frequent travellers to Hawaii etc, I could see hawaiian to HNL working as crazy as it sounds.
 
BMcD
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 pm

You can get most places with a connection, even when I fly all over the US the plane time isn't much more than going to DEN for something. COS is cheaper, easier and more convenient to get to in the end.
DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80/2/3, 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, L1011, CRJ2/7/900, A320, A321, A330, Saab 340
 
AirFiero
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
Well Frontier just dropped SJC before it even started, so that's not a good sign. However, there are a bunch more routes that they are starting with their large April expansion.


Where did you see this?
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 pm

AirFiero wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
Well Frontier just dropped SJC before it even started, so that's not a good sign. However, there are a bunch more routes that they are starting with their large April expansion.


Where did you see this?


Just the COS flight. There was no press release or anything, but it is not on the schedule anymore.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-140/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
AirFiero
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
Well Frontier just dropped SJC before it even started, so that's not a good sign. However, there are a bunch more routes that they are starting with their large April expansion.


Where did you see this?


Just the COS flight. There was no press release or anything, but it is not on the schedule anymore.


Wow. FL is volatile.
 
User avatar
SumChristianus
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
What is the largest o&d city not served from COS? I am going to guess it's NYC/ BOS or PDX?

PDX seems easy , NYC/Boston take a lot of airplane time.

I know Hawaii sounds crazy but those travellers tend to go for a while, I think they could easily pull in people from the denver area since parking is so much easier and its cheap for parking you can walk to the plane convenient. Alot of Honeymooners non frequent travellers to Hawaii etc, I could see hawaiian to HNL working as crazy as it sounds.


Here are the top 50 O&D markets from COS in Q3 2017 by USDOT DB1B. Bolded here are some of the top markets without nonstop service. I kind of doubt HA will come for 15 PDEW, even though the actual market, including leakage to DEN is probably larger. MSP on DL, EWR/LGA/~NYC on F9 and UA to SFO seem like good targets. I wish DL would resume their second daily flight to ATL and increase SLC to 3x daily, but they're probably more interested in DEN.
Destination PDEW Fare

ORD … 184 … $173.43
LAS … 155 … $91.64
DFW … 139 … $218.30
LAX … 130 … $173.10
PHX … 113 … $107.02
MCO … 113 … $155.10
IAD … 111 … $202.36
SAN … 96 … $117.39
SFO … 61 … $160.43
SEA … 51 … $220.27
SAT … 44 … $191.26
ATL … 38 … $246.77
DCA … 34 … $265.19
IAH … 34 … $330.06
AUS … 31 … $190.79
AZA … 27 … $56.12
BOS … 27 … $304.59
SLC … 27 … $217.95
TPA … 25 … $219.80
LGA … 22 … $228.35
BWI … 21 … $273.88
RDU … 20 … $237.95
CLT … 20 … $229.83
PHL … 19 … $275.70
BNA … 19 … $231.14
FLL … 18 … $211.89
MIA … 18 … $211.59
EWR … 18 … $292.58
MSP … 17 … $196.57
HSV … 16 … $308.94
SMF … 16 … $248.52
STL … 16 … $201.62
PDX … 15 … $246.46
HNL … 15 … $483.77
DTW … 15 … $219.47
SNA … 14 … $249.59
MSY … 14 … $208.86
JAX … 12 … $237.89
PIT … 12 … $233.18
ANC … 12 … $357.69
BDL … 12 … $250.54
IND … 12 … $213.25
ORF … 11 … $349.18
OKC … 11 … $207.87
RSW … 11 … $246.47
MCI … 11 … $217.63
VPS … 10 … $250.88
DAY … 10 … $231.48
CLE … 10 … $208.42
MEM … 10 … $251.11
SJC … 10 … $278.07
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next DEN-IND (UA TBD)
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Just got word yesterday that I'll be moving to COS at the end of April. I've already been out there twice to visit and really enjoy the convenience of the airport. Was just curious if there were any rumblings of new service outside of the already announced F9 flights? Will G4 try and add more markets and make it leisure summer time destination or will they just stick with LAS and let F9 handle the local traffic? Also, what are the chance of AA adding a PHX flight to compliment there existing ORD and DFW flights? I'm a loyal AA guy but it looks like I might have to jump on the UA wagon for more options out of COS.
 
caverunner17
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:17 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
Just got word yesterday that I'll be moving to COS at the end of April. I've already been out there twice to visit and really enjoy the convenience of the airport. Was just curious if there were any rumblings of new service outside of the already announced F9 flights? Will G4 try and add more markets and make it leisure summer time destination or will they just stick with LAS and let F9 handle the local traffic? Also, what are the chance of AA adding a PHX flight to compliment there existing ORD and DFW flights? I'm a loyal AA guy but it looks like I might have to jump on the UA wagon for more options out of COS.

Honestly, DEN is the answer. I have a few friends who work at Peterson AFB and they fly out of COS less than half the time. While you might get a few additional flights, it's never going to be much more than a secondary airport, outside of the focus city F9 has made there. The Denver metro is just too close and too big for the majors to add much more than a handful of routes to COS. If you're looking for PHX, F9 already flies there from COS.
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:39 pm

caverunner17 wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
Just got word yesterday that I'll be moving to COS at the end of April. I've already been out there twice to visit and really enjoy the convenience of the airport. Was just curious if there were any rumblings of new service outside of the already announced F9 flights? Will G4 try and add more markets and make it leisure summer time destination or will they just stick with LAS and let F9 handle the local traffic? Also, what are the chance of AA adding a PHX flight to compliment there existing ORD and DFW flights? I'm a loyal AA guy but it looks like I might have to jump on the UA wagon for more options out of COS.

Honestly, DEN is the answer. I have a few friends who work at Peterson AFB and they fly out of COS less than half the time. While you might get a few additional flights, it's never going to be much more than a secondary airport, outside of the focus city F9 has made there. The Denver metro is just too close and too big for the majors to add much more than a handful of routes to COS. If you're looking for PHX, F9 already flies there from COS.

Thanks for the info. In terms of PHX, I was just thinking more along the lines of connections to other destinations. I go to San Diego quite a bit and would like to have another option besides F9's less than daily service and UA through LAX or DEN.
 
evank516
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:56 pm

EWR/LGA/~NYC on F9 and UA to SFO seem like good targets. I wish DL would resume their second daily flight to ATL and increase SLC to 3x daily, but they're probably more interested in DEN.

Can't fly COS-LGA. It's outside the perimeter. DEN is the exception to the rule.
 
caverunner17
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
caverunner17 wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
Just got word yesterday that I'll be moving to COS at the end of April. I've already been out there twice to visit and really enjoy the convenience of the airport. Was just curious if there were any rumblings of new service outside of the already announced F9 flights? Will G4 try and add more markets and make it leisure summer time destination or will they just stick with LAS and let F9 handle the local traffic? Also, what are the chance of AA adding a PHX flight to compliment there existing ORD and DFW flights? I'm a loyal AA guy but it looks like I might have to jump on the UA wagon for more options out of COS.

Honestly, DEN is the answer. I have a few friends who work at Peterson AFB and they fly out of COS less than half the time. While you might get a few additional flights, it's never going to be much more than a secondary airport, outside of the focus city F9 has made there. The Denver metro is just too close and too big for the majors to add much more than a handful of routes to COS. If you're looking for PHX, F9 already flies there from COS.

Thanks for the info. In terms of PHX, I was just thinking more along the lines of connections to other destinations. I go to San Diego quite a bit and would like to have another option besides F9's less than daily service and UA through LAX or DEN.

DL has an 8:30AM and a 5:30PM flight to SLC from COS for connections.
 
User avatar
SumChristianus
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 pm

COS-PHX on AA is a big hole while I believe COS-MSP on DL is a good opportunity for DL to resume service on.
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next DEN-IND (UA TBD)
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"
 
User avatar
SumChristianus
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:45 pm

COS-PHX on AA is a big hole while I believe COS-MSP on DL is a good opportunity for DL to resume service on.
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next DEN-IND (UA TBD)
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:56 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
COS-PHX on AA is a big hole while I believe COS-MSP on DL is a good opportunity for DL to resume service on.

If places like LBB and AMA can support daily PHX service, I'd imagine COS could as well. Heck I'd even be willing to trade the ORD flights for PHX since you can practically get everywhere from DFW that you can from ORD and PHX would give you an option going west.

I wonder if DL will see how F9 does on MSP-COS this summer as a gauge for whether they get back in that market?
 
globalcabotage
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:46 am

A new roof and better sprinklers!
 
geg2rap
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:02 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 am

OKCDCA wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
COS-PHX on AA is a big hole while I believe COS-MSP on DL is a good opportunity for DL to resume service on.

If places like LBB and AMA can support daily PHX service, I'd imagine COS could as well. Heck I'd even be willing to trade the ORD flights for PHX since you can practically get everywhere from DFW that you can from ORD and PHX would give you an option going west.

I wonder if DL will see how F9 does on MSP-COS this summer as a gauge for whether they get back in that market?


How dl has changed.... back in the day they would have added 4 x msp-cos on a 757 if anyone would have added a msp route. I remember frontier added lax-msp and nw responsed with $98 round trips...
 
geg2rap
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:02 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:47 am

If you didn’t see in the flights postings in another thread, looks like reductions in cos- lax San and Mco this fall
 
Beechtobus
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: What's next for COS?

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:58 am

geg2rap wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
COS-PHX on AA is a big hole while I believe COS-MSP on DL is a good opportunity for DL to resume service on.

If places like LBB and AMA can support daily PHX service, I'd imagine COS could as well. Heck I'd even be willing to trade the ORD flights for PHX since you can practically get everywhere from DFW that you can from ORD and PHX would give you an option going west.

I wonder if DL will see how F9 does on MSP-COS this summer as a gauge for whether they get back in that market?


How dl has changed.... back in the day they would have added 4 x msp-cos on a 757 if anyone would have added a msp route. I remember frontier added lax-msp and nw responsed with $98 round trips...


I remember that- the little I’ll conceived LA focus city by F9. What did they serve besides MSP and DEN? Was it MKE, and MCI? I remember it was 3 or so midwestern cities that had a pretty swift and firm response from NW, even announcing DEN-LAX flights. Wasn’t there also LAX-SFO flights on F9for a short time after the Midwest cities ? I don’t think those flights even lasted 6 months.
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: What's next for COS?

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Nice article in the Colorado Springs Gazette regarding traffic numbers at COS being up 25% for the first half of 2018 from 2017. I wasn't here in 2017 so I'm assuming this mainly due to the increase in F9's service for the summer... Good to see AA's numbers up as well, if I did my math right, they filled around 83% of available seats for June.

https://gazette.com/business/colorado-s ... f946b.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos