crank

Concorde Documentary On Discovery

Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:54 am

Anyone saw the Concorde documentary on Discovery Channel? I saw a part of it and I was wondering if they'll broadcast it again. Anyone knows?

Thanks

GDB

RE: Concorde Documentary On Discovery

Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:50 am

Was that the 'Concorde-The Comeback' programme, about the effort to return the aircraft to service?
I think Discovery often repeat their films, in the UK it was shown on the 8th November, and repeated on I think New Years Eve.
I don't have cable, but got a tape of the programme.
I know every BA staff member in that film, (I was just a figure in the crowd when G-BOAE was filmed being pushed out of the hangar on the 7th Nov, followed by BA Concorde staff).
You would have seen me in the footage of the first Operational Assessment Flight on Sept.11th, but they only used film from the foward cabin, I was in the rear cabin!
Good doc though, no factual errors, though the footage on BOAF on finals to JFK on the 22nd Oct. Assessment Flight, was actually taken from OAF's first test flight as it landed at RAF Brize Norton on the 17th July.