doug_or

QX In BOI

Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:30 am

It seems QX has been adding a lot of service to BOI recently. I was suprised to learn from their website that they serve or are planning to serve IDA, DEN, (bay area, didn't say specificly on the route map), SAN, SMF, SoCal (once agian, didn't specify), pocatello, Sun Valley, LWS, GEG, and of course SEA and PDX. Is most of this traffic connections? Does Alaska have any plans to ever serve BOI? Does QX plan to keep up the CRJ expansions at BOI?

Thanks,
Doug
PDX/LAF/IND
When in doubt, one B pump off

mikeclod

RE: QX In BOI

Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:38 pm

Yes, most of these are connections. Horizan considers BOI a "mini hub". As far as I know, alaska is not considering starting flights into BOI. Occasionally they have run charters into BOI, but as Horizan is connected with them it would seem that there is no point in starting service here. I know that they will be flying to SFO, SAN, and DEN within the next few months, They already serve SEA, PDX, SMF(new), LWS, GEG, SJC, LAX, SUN(Seasonal), and pokey. I heard a rumor yesterday, that when American Eagle starts their flights (DFW-BOI) in may, that Horizan will be running the two flights. Don't know for sure yet though.
Mikeclod
Feel free to email me anyone who wants info on BOI.
mikeclod@yahoo.com

Big777jet

Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:30 pm

QX what was airline code? Horizan isn't correct spelling. The spell correct is Horizon Air.

Big777jet

doug_or

Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:34 pm

so he made a typo. chill.
I was just wondering if they might need the capacity of an alaskan 737 into Boise to feed all of those connections.

At Any rate I was suprised how many destinations were served from BOI between WN and QX.
When in doubt, one B pump off

mikeclod

Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:06 pm

Yeah, it is kind of odd if you think about it. I guess location? We actually run more SWA flights in BOI than SFO was before they closed their station there. Horizan Horizon, who really cares?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos