Are FS's Good For Future Pilots?

Wed Aug 25, 1999 9:32 am

I WAS THINKING ABOUT FLIGTH SIMULATORS. DO THEY HELP FUTURE PILOTS, LIKE ME? I CAN FLY WELL A LITLLE PLANE(LIKE CESSNA 182IN FS98) , AND I HAVEN'T MAKE A COURSE, BUT I WILL START IT NEXT YEAR. CAN FS GIVE ME ANY EXPERIENCE IN THE FUTURE OR IS IT ONLY FOR FUN? THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION!

RE: Are FS's Good For Future Pilots?

Wed Aug 25, 1999 9:44 am

FS is really for fun but it helps a little like reading instruments and a little controls but it also does alot of BAD things for example:
Yor flight instructor will always be telling you to keep your eyes out side the plane and you will have a heard time learning to flare as you have no feel for what is going on. You might also not want to use your feet.
I use my FS for trying to land the 737 on a carrier and thing like that. Basically screwing around. But I can fly the real deal also.
All of you just have fun with the FS and do not think you can fly the real thing as it is a lot harder then you think.
Thank you and good night!
Dave

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos