dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 am

This should be the first of two 777-212ER ex SQ that LATAM is getting to serve the SCL-AKL-SYD route while the airline deals with the 787 RR mess. Reg is supposed to be CC-BKB.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... /#1d112163
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
User avatar
aerorobnz
Posts: 8139
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:43 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:49 am

That will mean three ex SQ hacks operating into AKL with ZK-OKI doing the same kind of thing for NZ.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 am

Xmas came early this year for quite a few ACMI operators and second hand frames worldwide. They ought to send RR a basket with muffins or a box of chocolates.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 am

aerorobnz wrote:
That will mean three ex SQ hacks operating into AKL with ZK-OKI doing the same kind of thing for NZ.

For those who may find this useful:
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN ???/ LN ??? Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-S**
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVI

CC-CKB is either 9V-SVF (if they want to standardized leased 777 seat configuration to 30J 255Y) or 9V-SRK (VIM Airlines VP-BDQ) (35J 245Y). Both are are/were stored at VCV.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:27 am

juliuswong wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:
That will mean three ex SQ hacks operating into AKL with ZK-OKI doing the same kind of thing for NZ.

For those who may find this useful:
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN ???/ LN ??? Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-S**
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVI

CC-CKB is either 9V-SVF (if they want to standardized leased 777 seat configuration to 30J 255Y) or 9V-SRK (VIM Airlines VP-BDQ) (35J 245Y). Both are are/were stored at VCV.


Those SQ 772’s have different interiors? 9V-SVD hasn’t been around for a long time. Maybe still has the old spacebeds in J same as the recently retired SVF? SRK was a regional bird.

ZK-OKI is ex 9V-SVL.
 
jeffrey0032j
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am

Skyliner is reporting that CC-BKB is ex-N767BC cn 30871. This is ex-9V-SVF.
 
jeffrey0032j
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:26 am

aerorobnz wrote:
That will mean three ex SQ hacks operating into AKL with ZK-OKI doing the same kind of thing for NZ.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as LATAM repaints their birds. Imagine a still-SQ 777 on the ground with ZK-OKI and an unrepainted LATAM bird around at AKL!
 
Redwood839
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:09 pm

What's gonna happen to these jets after the 787 issues are finally resolved? Will they stick around? I know LAN operates the B77F as well.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3338
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Redwood839 wrote:
What's gonna happen to these jets after the 787 issues are finally resolved? Will they stick around? I know LAN operates the B77F as well.

Unfortunately LATAM Cargo sold off their 777F fleet. Some went to Southern Air (and still have the basic LAN livery) and the others went to AeroLogic.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Redwood839 wrote:
What's gonna happen to these jets after the 787 issues are finally resolved? Will they stick around? I know LAN operates the B77F as well.

I don't think they will stick, unless there's a sudden growth in traffi. The 777F are not a factor anymore as LATAM Cargo retired the last one a couple of months ago.
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Redwood839 wrote:
What's gonna happen to these jets after the 787 issues are finally resolved? Will they stick around? I know LAN operates the B77F as well.


These 777s are a short term measure to cover the gap left in the fleet in connections with the 787 issues. As much as 40% of the fleet is grounded either in VCV or in SCL.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
marcoantona
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Crew will be LATAM’s?
It’s not a wet lease, right?
 
User avatar
ZKNCL
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:19 pm

marcoantona wrote:
Crew will be LATAM’s?
It’s not a wet lease, right?


Not entirely sure on Chilean laws, but it'll most likely be a dry lease. Hence their re-registration.
 
jeffrey0032j
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 pm

juliuswong wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:
That will mean three ex SQ hacks operating into AKL with ZK-OKI doing the same kind of thing for NZ.

For those who may find this useful:
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD

CC-BKA is not on the Chilean register yet.

And wouldn't it be more likely to be ex-VIM VP-BDR, which flew from ASP to GIG in April and stayed there ever since? This was ex-9V-SVH.
 
thgsr08
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 pm

According to planespotters, CC-BKA is ex-9V-SVD. VP-BDR is still at GIG.
:checkeredflag:
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:00 pm

ZKNCL wrote:
marcoantona wrote:
Crew will be LATAM’s?
It’s not a wet lease, right?


Not entirely sure on Chilean laws, but it'll most likely be a dry lease. Hence their re-registration.


My understanding is that it will be flown by LATAM crews.They operated 777F until recently.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Does anyone knows something about the general shape of this birds? How old are they ? I have a flight booked SCL - AKL in September, when I booked the flight it was a 787, but with all this RR mess I don´t know what type I will get for my flight. Thanks in advance

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Here are some pictures of CC-BKB upon arriving @ SCL. No livery applied yet.

https://twitter.com/rlasgalaxias/status ... 9650983946
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 pm

dcajet wrote:
Here are some pictures of CC-BKB upon arriving @ SCL. No livery applied yet.

https://twitter.com/rlasgalaxias/status ... 9650983946



Hi dcajet. Thanks for sharing. That interior looks like c***p. And that is the bussines section! I can only imagine the bad shape of the economy cabin…
This is a 17 years old aircraft and its age is evident looking at the pictures.
I just hope not having this bird for my next flight to AKL in September... doesn't look good.

Rgds.

Gonzalo
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Here are some pictures of CC-BKB upon arriving @ SCL. No livery applied yet.

https://twitter.com/rlasgalaxias/status ... 9650983946



Hi dcajet. Thanks for sharing. That interior looks like c***p. And that is the bussines section! I can only imagine the bad shape of the economy cabin…
This is a 17 years old aircraft and its age is evident looking at the pictures.
I just hope not having this bird for my next flight to AKL in September... doesn't look good.

Rgds.

Gonzalo


Well... think the plans is coming from the desert, it needs to be "prettied up" - that cabin needs a deep cleaning for sure. In any case, this is a temporary stop gap fleet, so I doubt you will see the same on board hard product you see on the 787s. It would not be a prudent use of resources. If I find out anything more I will be sure to let you know.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 pm

dcajet wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Here are some pictures of CC-BKB upon arriving @ SCL. No livery applied yet.

https://twitter.com/rlasgalaxias/status ... 9650983946



Hi dcajet. Thanks for sharing. That interior looks like c***p. And that is the bussines section! I can only imagine the bad shape of the economy cabin…
This is a 17 years old aircraft and its age is evident looking at the pictures.
I just hope not having this bird for my next flight to AKL in September... doesn't look good.

Rgds.

Gonzalo


Well... think the plans is coming from the desert, it needs to be "prettied up" - that cabin needs a deep cleaning for sure. In any case, this is a temporary stop gap fleet, so I doubt you will see the same on board hard product you see on the 787s. It would not be a prudent use of resources. If I find out anything more I will be sure to let you know.



Yes, I understand. That´s what a smart airline management should ( and will ) do. The problem is how can I explain that to my picky wife who will be complaining the 13 hours from SCL to AKL...STD is 01:15....I hope she fell asleep just after take off and not wake up until we have to leave the plane!!!

Thanks for your insight view and good will to provide more info, as usual, you are a true gentleman.

Best Regards.

G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 am

Gonzalo wrote:


Yes, I understand. That´s what a smart airline management should ( and will ) do. The problem is how can I explain that to my picky wife who will be complaining the 13 hours from SCL to AKL...STD is 01:15....I hope she fell asleep just after take off and not wake up until we have to leave the plane!!!

Thanks for your insight view and good will to provide more info, as usual, you are a true gentleman.

Best Regards.

G.


Here are some more pictures from a Bs Aires blogger's site: https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/07/10 ... oeing-777/

I am sure your wife will not complain at all. The flight from either EZE or SCL to AKL is a very easy one. It leaves very late at night, or very early in the AM, depending on your POV. You have dinner and then sleep for a good 9-10 hrs, nothing to see except MMFS (miles and miles of F***** sea), breakfast and you are in AKL at the crack of dawn - all the flight happens at night. The return gets to be more tedious.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 am

Gonzalo wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:


Hi dcajet. Thanks for sharing. That interior looks like c***p. And that is the bussines section! I can only imagine the bad shape of the economy cabin…
This is a 17 years old aircraft and its age is evident looking at the pictures.
I just hope not having this bird for my next flight to AKL in September... doesn't look good.

Rgds.

Gonzalo


Well... think the plans is coming from the desert, it needs to be "prettied up" - that cabin needs a deep cleaning for sure. In any case, this is a temporary stop gap fleet, so I doubt you will see the same on board hard product you see on the 787s. It would not be a prudent use of resources. If I find out anything more I will be sure to let you know.



Yes, I understand. That´s what a smart airline management should ( and will ) do. The problem is how can I explain that to my picky wife who will be complaining the 13 hours from SCL to AKL...STD is 01:15....I hope she fell asleep just after take off and not wake up until we have to leave the plane!!!

Thanks for your insight view and good will to provide more info, as usual, you are a true gentleman.

Best Regards.

G.

Tough case yea, may I be a devil advocate?? Pop a sleeping pill in her drinks secretly after meal, she will be dozing away for the rest of the flight......(I am joking.)
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
neomax
Posts: 948
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:09 am

Damn those pics are foggy as hell!
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:
That will mean three ex SQ hacks operating into AKL with ZK-OKI doing the same kind of thing for NZ.

For those who may find this useful:
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN ???/ LN ??? Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-S**
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVI

CC-CKB is either 9V-SVF (if they want to standardized leased 777 seat configuration to 30J 255Y) or 9V-SRK (VIM Airlines VP-BDQ) (35J 245Y). Both are are/were stored at VCV.


Those SQ 772’s have different interiors? 9V-SVD hasn’t been around for a long time. Maybe still has the old spacebeds in J same as the recently retired SVF? SRK was a regional bird.

ZK-OKI is ex 9V-SVL.

Yes, they do have different interior depending on their registration and mission.
SQ* series has F12C42Y234 (all retired) and C38Y228 (left four in fleet)
SV* series has C30Y255 originally, but later reconfigured to C26Y245 (left six in fleet)
SR* series has C30Y293 (all retired) and C38Y228 (left four in fleet)

Those B772/ER with 30J 255Y are definitely in Spacebed J class. Some of these B772/ER were later re-upholstered with brown and mustard yellow J cabin became C26Y245 (along with SR* series).

Thank you for your correction on SVL. I didn't realise my caps lock was off.

In summary,
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN 30871 LN 378 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-SVF
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVL
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:00 pm

dcajet wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:


Yes, I understand. That´s what a smart airline management should ( and will ) do. The problem is how can I explain that to my picky wife who will be complaining the 13 hours from SCL to AKL...STD is 01:15....I hope she fell asleep just after take off and not wake up until we have to leave the plane!!!

Thanks for your insight view and good will to provide more info, as usual, you are a true gentleman.

Best Regards.

G.


Here are some more pictures from a Bs Aires blogger's site: https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/07/10 ... oeing-777/

I am sure your wife will not complain at all. The flight from either EZE or SCL to AKL is a very easy one. It leaves very late at night, or very early in the AM, depending on your POV. You have dinner and then sleep for a good 9-10 hrs, nothing to see except MMFS (miles and miles of F***** sea), breakfast and you are in AKL at the crack of dawn - all the flight happens at night. The return gets to be more tedious.


Oh you don't know her... she can find some annoying detail in a three pounds diamond....but she has the ability to sleep like a baby when we fly, so I'm putting my bets on that. After AKL we go to PPT and BOB, our return to SCL will be PPT-IPC-SCL, so I have no idea what type of aircraft would get for that flight considering the fleet mess LA has ( thanks RR...).

The new pictures are all from outside, doesn't look bad, but my fear is about the interior and the IFE. Usually I can't sleep in my flights and always use the Latam Play App to watch movies or The Big Bang Theory for hours. I guess reading a book could be an option if the flight doesn't have good IFE.


Rgds.
G.
Last edited by Gonzalo on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:02 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Well... think the plans is coming from the desert, it needs to be "prettied up" - that cabin needs a deep cleaning for sure. In any case, this is a temporary stop gap fleet, so I doubt you will see the same on board hard product you see on the 787s. It would not be a prudent use of resources. If I find out anything more I will be sure to let you know.



Yes, I understand. That´s what a smart airline management should ( and will ) do. The problem is how can I explain that to my picky wife who will be complaining the 13 hours from SCL to AKL...STD is 01:15....I hope she fell asleep just after take off and not wake up until we have to leave the plane!!!

Thanks for your insight view and good will to provide more info, as usual, you are a true gentleman.

Best Regards.

G.

Tough case yea, may I be a devil advocate?? Pop a sleeping pill in her drinks secretly after meal, she will be dozing away for the rest of the flight......(I am joking.)

To be honest, she sleeps like a baby. Maybe I should take that pill and see if I can sleep too!!!

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
The new pictures are all from outside, doesn't look bad, but my fear is about the interior and the IFE. Usually I can't sleep in my flights and always use the Latam Play App to watch movies or The Big Bang Theory for hours. I guess reading a book could be an option if the flight doesn't have good IFE.


Rgds.
G.


Here are a few more pics including one from coach. Looks like the typical SQ Y cabins circa 2005.

https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/07/12 ... ior-latam/
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 am

dcajet wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
The new pictures are all from outside, doesn't look bad, but my fear is about the interior and the IFE. Usually I can't sleep in my flights and always use the Latam Play App to watch movies or The Big Bang Theory for hours. I guess reading a book could be an option if the flight doesn't have good IFE.


Rgds.
G.


Here are a few more pics including one from coach. Looks like the typical SQ Y cabins circa 2005.

https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/07/12 ... ior-latam/

Those Y seats were the gem when it was launched back in 1998 when SQ launched its very successful branding campaign A Great Way to Fly. Two B744 was painted in Tropical Livery, one sadly crashed as 9V-SPK. The Spacebed was launched in 2002, dubbed the biggest business class bed in the sky at that point. Royal Brunei and Pakistan International Airlines later would later picked the same J class.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2115
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 am

I would imagine that even though Boeing is the owner, Rolls Royce is paying for the lease because these are to cover 787 downtime.
 
zkncj
Posts: 3025
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 am

juliuswong wrote:
In summary,
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN 30871 LN 378 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-SVF
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVL


Looks like NZ got lucky getting SVL then since it is an 2006 refit, and had been with SQ up until March this year. Currently NZ has only published its use OKL until September so it might only be with them very short-term. Maybe LA might have an chance to get it after NZ has used it?

They are waiting for an 77W that they have dry leased, to cover the 789 issues.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:25 am

zkncj wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
In summary,
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN 30871 LN 378 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-SVF
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVL


Looks like NZ got lucky getting SVL then since it is an 2006 refit, and had been with SQ up until March this year. Currently NZ has only published its use OKL until September so it might only be with them very short-term. Maybe LA might have an chance to get it after NZ has used it?

They are waiting for an 77W that they have dry leased, to cover the 789 issues.

Yes indeed, Air New Zealand got lucky with that bird. There is another one available now 9V-SVI retired in May 2018, just sent to VCV yesterday. Also a refit bird from 2013. LA leasing B77W? from who?
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
zkncj
Posts: 3025
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:47 am

juliuswong wrote:
Yes indeed, Air New Zealand got lucky with that bird. There is another one available now 9V-SVI retired in May 2018, just sent to VCV yesterday. Also a refit bird from 2013. LA leasing B77W? from who?


Sorry meant NZ is leasing an 77W (from: Eva), which could free up the leased 77E.
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:29 am

juliuswong wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
For those who may find this useful:
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN ???/ LN ??? Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-S**
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVI

CC-CKB is either 9V-SVF (if they want to standardized leased 777 seat configuration to 30J 255Y) or 9V-SRK (VIM Airlines VP-BDQ) (35J 245Y). Both are are/were stored at VCV.


Those SQ 772’s have different interiors? 9V-SVD hasn’t been around for a long time. Maybe still has the old spacebeds in J same as the recently retired SVF? SRK was a regional bird.

ZK-OKI is ex 9V-SVL.

Yes, they do have different interior depending on their registration and mission.
SQ* series has F12C42Y234 (all retired) and C38Y228 (left four in fleet)
SV* series has C30Y255 originally, but later reconfigured to C26Y245 (left six in fleet)
SR* series has C30Y293 (all retired) and C38Y228 (left four in fleet)

Those B772/ER with 30J 255Y are definitely in Spacebed J class. Some of these B772/ER were later re-upholstered with brown and mustard yellow J cabin became C26Y245 (along with SR* series).

Thank you for your correction on SVL. I didn't realise my caps lock was off.

In summary,
MSN 30869/ LN 366 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKA ex-SQ 9V-SVD
MSN 30871 LN 378 Boeing 777-212(ER) LATAM Airlines Chile CC-BKB ex-SQ 9V-SVF
MSN 32336/ LN 422 Boeing 777-212(ER) Air New Zealand ZK-OKI ex-SQ 9V-SVL

No SR* went C26Y245; it's pure SV* only.

Michael
 
vorellanaj
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 am

1) The two aircraft (CC-BKA and B) are dry leased to Boeing Capital.
2) 787 pilot rating is compatible with Boeing 777 , similar case 757/767 . But LA have 777 rated pilots working on other fleet types, those pilots had flown retired fleet of 77F.
3) In SIA , SV* tail numbered aircraft have full MTOW configuration and Trent 892 engines, there were used for longer destinations (replaced most of all by A359 fleet). 777-200 IGW regional aircraft are tail numbered SQ* and SR* have lower MTOW than SV* , and derated Trent 892 engines to 884. I don't know if SV* series have or not crew rest area. Remaining few SV* were configured in 1-2-1 Business configuration, used for longer missions yet.
The aviation world will be bored if only twins fly with commercial passengers. I love 747s
 
OB1504
Posts: 3347
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:27 pm

CC-BKB is at MIA right now, all white. Is MIA going to be one of the markets for these 777s or is it just ferrying through?
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:23 pm

OB1504 wrote:
CC-BKB is at MIA right now, all white. Is MIA going to be one of the markets for these 777s or is it just ferrying through?


It might be there for new interiors or to receive LATAM's livery; LATAM has a maintenance base @ MIA. These 77Es are supposed to fly to IPC or to AKL/SYD - that's what I heard.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
vorellanaj
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 am

The aicraft won't receive any interior refit by LATAM nor corporate livery . There are flying with old SQ seats, IFE and interior.

Flight and cabin crew are from Latam Chile.
The aviation world will be bored if only twins fly with commercial passengers. I love 747s
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:39 am

vorellanaj wrote:
The aicraft won't receive any interior refit by LATAM nor corporate livery . There are flying with old SQ seats, IFE and interior.

Flight and cabin crew are from Latam Chile.


The LA livery is really easy to add, take a white aircraft ( this birds are all white AFAIK ), then just put the Latam sticker on both sides of the fuselage and paint a few blue and red stripes on the tail fin. Is not rocket science, and in my opinion, if LA operates for months with two unmarked planes in those long haul routes will be a shame, a bad image and PR decision and a tasteless attitude towards the people who paid a ticket. Whit all due respect, LA can not behave like a third category airline from Sudan, if they have to replace the 787s due to the RR engine problems they have also the obligation to bring a good quality aircraft for replacement. That implies an aircraft completely functional to the LA frequent passengers and that includes the general aspect of the aircraft. I hope LA management will do the right thing and not behave so cheap to save a few thousand dollars and fly for many weeks with two unmarked planes ala Hewa Bora airlines.

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:14 pm

The second 77E for LATAM, CC-BKA, has arrived in SCL this past Saturday from VCV. It did a test flight to Concepcion CCP yesterday and should be ready to join CC-BKB over the next few days. BKB has already been put into service with a flight to Mataveri, Easter Island (IPC).

CC-BKA (30869/366) ex 9V-SVD

CC-BKB (30871/378) ex 9V-SVF

https://desdeelpatioblog.com/2018/07/24 ... -de-chile/

And yes, at least BKB is operating in an all-white non scheme, with LATAM crews.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
aryonoco
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 am

Planes coming back from VCV doing scheduled passenger routes must be the equivalent of a dead person waking up in a morgue!
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:27 am

Sad interiors, but it is what it is.
@DadCelo
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:12 am

aryonoco wrote:
Planes coming back from VCV doing scheduled passenger routes must be the equivalent of a dead person waking up in a morgue!


Not if the airline and/or the leasing co. spend the bucks to "pretty it up". Clearly in this case, it is a short term fix and either LATAM or RR/insurance are keeping costs in check.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:33 am

dcajet wrote:
aryonoco wrote:
Planes coming back from VCV doing scheduled passenger routes must be the equivalent of a dead person waking up in a morgue!


Not if the airline and/or the leasing co. spend the bucks to "pretty it up". Clearly in this case, it is a short term fix and either LATAM or RR/insurance are keeping costs in check.


Earlier in this very same thread I was agree with you regarding the management should care about not throwing money away to get this planes in better shape. But I was thinking in a huge renovation of seats, or a full change in the seat cuhsions or fabrics, a full Paint job and the likes.
Now I see LATAM is being so so cheap that started flights with this aircraft without a miserable sticker, without taking any care to improve the interiors. Just disrespecting the paying passengers. When you buy a ticket to fly in a 787 with modern IFE, new seats and 21st century comfort, the airline shoud have the delicacy of replacing that aircraft with something equivalent. I´m an aviation fan, and if you ask me, I will be happy to fly on a 772 since it will be a new type in my list. But I´m sure the 99 per cent of the other passengers willl not be happy.
Sad to see the lack of vision from LA, this could be a PR disaster.


Rgds.

G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
juliuswong
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am

aryonoco wrote:
Planes coming back from VCV doing scheduled passenger routes must be the equivalent of a dead person waking up in a morgue!

This statement....LOL, you owe me a keyboard!

I guess it all depends on how long the aircraft is in storage and how well it is kept. Judging from the shared photo, CC-BKB has been in storage for quite some time before being picked up, hence the not-so-pleasant photo we see from the shared link. I am just wondering, how do they source for cabin crew in such short notice. Won't be the happiest crew to work on these flight though, with non-standard equipment IFE, food and beverage service.....I guess a lot of "lo siento" and "sorry-s" will be passed.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
danipawa
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:38 pm

then we will never see a B777 in latam colors, including B77W
 
gabep
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:07 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
dcajet wrote:
aryonoco wrote:
Planes coming back from VCV doing scheduled passenger routes must be the equivalent of a dead person waking up in a morgue!


Not if the airline and/or the leasing co. spend the bucks to "pretty it up". Clearly in this case, it is a short term fix and either LATAM or RR/insurance are keeping costs in check.


Earlier in this very same thread I was agree with you regarding the management should care about not throwing money away to get this planes in better shape. But I was thinking in a huge renovation of seats, or a full change in the seat cuhsions or fabrics, a full Paint job and the likes.
Now I see LATAM is being so so cheap that started flights with this aircraft without a miserable sticker, without taking any care to improve the interiors. Just disrespecting the paying passengers. When you buy a ticket to fly in a 787 with modern IFE, new seats and 21st century comfort, the airline shoud have the delicacy of replacing that aircraft with something equivalent. I´m an aviation fan, and if you ask me, I will be happy to fly on a 772 since it will be a new type in my list. But I´m sure the 99 per cent of the other passengers willl not be happy.
Sad to see the lack of vision from LA, this could be a PR disaster.


Rgds.

G.


Unfortunately, it’s just not that simple. Lead times on aircraft interior is, at best, 12 to 18 months. Customer fittings aren’t bought off the self. Furthermore, the planning, instillation and certification process can be cumbersome and costly. All this would be a huge, time consuming, and expensive undertaking for two aircraft that are to be used temporarily, which could result in the delay and even cancellation of services to passengers.

Gabe
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 pm

gabep wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Not if the airline and/or the leasing co. spend the bucks to "pretty it up". Clearly in this case, it is a short term fix and either LATAM or RR/insurance are keeping costs in check.


Earlier in this very same thread I was agree with you regarding the management should care about not throwing money away to get this planes in better shape. But I was thinking in a huge renovation of seats, or a full change in the seat cuhsions or fabrics, a full Paint job and the likes.
Now I see LATAM is being so so cheap that started flights with this aircraft without a miserable sticker, without taking any care to improve the interiors. Just disrespecting the paying passengers. When you buy a ticket to fly in a 787 with modern IFE, new seats and 21st century comfort, the airline shoud have the delicacy of replacing that aircraft with something equivalent. I´m an aviation fan, and if you ask me, I will be happy to fly on a 772 since it will be a new type in my list. But I´m sure the 99 per cent of the other passengers willl not be happy.
Sad to see the lack of vision from LA, this could be a PR disaster.


Rgds.

G.


Unfortunately, it’s just not that simple. Lead times on aircraft interior is, at best, 12 to 18 months. Customer fittings aren’t bought off the self. Furthermore, the planning, instillation and certification process can be cumbersome and costly. All this would be a huge, time consuming, and expensive undertaking for two aircraft that are to be used temporarily, which could result in the delay and even cancellation of services to passengers.

Gabe


Hi Gabe. I understand all your valid points. The way to avoid all that, if you want to care for your customers/image/brand/prestige, is to make a good search worldwide until you find available aircrafts that doesn’t need any work in the first place.
I refuse to believe that this aircrafts were the one and only option available. This is just a bad, cheap choice by some executive that decided to search for the cheapest option not caring for the customers.
I’m a big fan of LA, I fly Lan since I was 9, almost 45 now, this is the first time I feel really disappointed.
I’m starting to hate the day LA became LATAM. The old Lan was ten times better.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600
 
Rotate
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:52 pm

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 am

I am flying to IPC tomorrow and guess what ? It is CC-BKB. I am Booked in J and thought I will fly on 789 .... I am pissed to say the least.
ABC
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 3009
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: LATAM's first pax 77E on its way to SCL

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:24 am

Gonzalo wrote:
gabep wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:

Earlier in this very same thread I was agree with you regarding the management should care about not throwing money away to get this planes in better shape. But I was thinking in a huge renovation of seats, or a full change in the seat cuhsions or fabrics, a full Paint job and the likes.
Now I see LATAM is being so so cheap that started flights with this aircraft without a miserable sticker, without taking any care to improve the interiors. Just disrespecting the paying passengers. When you buy a ticket to fly in a 787 with modern IFE, new seats and 21st century comfort, the airline shoud have the delicacy of replacing that aircraft with something equivalent. I´m an aviation fan, and if you ask me, I will be happy to fly on a 772 since it will be a new type in my list. But I´m sure the 99 per cent of the other passengers willl not be happy.
Sad to see the lack of vision from LA, this could be a PR disaster.


Rgds.

G.


Unfortunately, it’s just not that simple. Lead times on aircraft interior is, at best, 12 to 18 months. Customer fittings aren’t bought off the self. Furthermore, the planning, instillation and certification process can be cumbersome and costly. All this would be a huge, time consuming, and expensive undertaking for two aircraft that are to be used temporarily, which could result in the delay and even cancellation of services to passengers.

Gabe


Hi Gabe. I understand all your valid points. The way to avoid all that, if you want to care for your customers/image/brand/prestige, is to make a good search worldwide until you find available aircrafts that doesn’t need any work in the first place.
I refuse to believe that this aircrafts were the one and only option available. This is just a bad, cheap choice by some executive that decided to search for the cheapest option not caring for the customers.
I’m a big fan of LA, I fly Lan since I was 9, almost 45 now, this is the first time I feel really disappointed.
I’m starting to hate the day LA became LATAM. The old Lan was ten times better.


One thing to keep in mind is that most likely these 2 frames may be part of a compensation package that LA is receiving from RR; there are not many aircraft (if any at all) with immaculate cabins sitting idle waiting for a situation like this to happen. In the grand scheme of things, LATAM's commitment is to honor its contracts with thousands of passengers that hold tickets. So they take what best fits within its existing fleet. Whether it is a 17 yr old 777 or a 3 year old 787-9, is the icing on the cake. Not sure this is what you want to hear Gonzalo but I'm sure that is the way the cookie crumbles at LATAM's HQ in SCL. To the airline's credit they have been very clear about disclosing when a flight is operated by WAMOS, or any other substitution.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos