qf789
Topic Author

France re-opens MH370 investigation amid claims of a Malaysian coverup

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 pm

France has re-opened the investigation into MH370 and is keen to verify the data from Immarsat. As a result of France losing 4 French citizens aboard MH370, the GTA says this has allowed them to conduct their own investigation.

FRANCE has reopened its investigation into the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 after Malaysia’s long-awaited “final report” failed to provide an explanation for the aircraft’s disappearance.
French newspaper Le Parisien reports that investigators are keen to verify data from Inmarsat — the British operator of a global satellite network — which tracked the aircraft’s pings to the southern Indian Ocean off Western Australia, where it is believed to have crashed.
In response, relatives of those on board MH370 issued a statement urging the Malaysian government to release all data, including military radar data, for review and analysis by independent experts.
Malaysia’s 449-page report into MH370’s disappearance, released on July 30, was universally condemned and sparked accusations by victims’ families of a cover up at worst and incompetence at best.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 8a45747d7f

Let's hope the French has better success in attempting to solve this mystery compared to what we have seen so far
Forum Moderator

N14AZ

Re: France re-opens MH370 investigation amid claims of a Malaysian coverup

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Wow, didn’t see this coming! Great news!

EIN009

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Excellent news , it was unbelievable that this or any air related incident could not be investigated and followed through to a conclusion, not just for understanding what, why and how this happed but for the families and friends left in limbo.

ltbewr

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I am surprised that China didn't also open their own investigation and make demands for info from the Malaysian government and Immerstat considering they lost many more citizens than France did. I doubt the Malaysian government will give the French much of the military radar data that isn't already out in public. I wonder how much more detail from the Immerstat date would be available or not due to proprietary issues.

VolvoBus

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I am surprised that China didn't also open their own investigation and make demands for info from the Malaysian government and Immerstat considering they lost many more citizens than France did. I doubt the Malaysian government will give the French much of the military radar data that isn't already out in public. I wonder how much more detail from the Immerstat date would be available or not due to proprietary issues.

I doubt China would be too aggressive as it would leave them wide open to similar demands from other countries in the event of a Chinese airline crash.

France might think that, with the new { old } regime in power in Malaysia,they might have more luck in re-opening the enquiry.

c933103

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:37 pm

ltbewr wrote:

Chinese governments are busy monitoring relatives of those passengers that I doubt they would want to put any more effort into anything that might cause further trouble for themselves.
Relatives of those passengers keep on protesting and demanding for further actions to be done on the case but their actions are against the interest of the government of China and any further evidence surfaced for the case will be against their objective to silence the case.
If the aircraft was missing near the initially reported locations then they can utilize the incident to help establish their claims and military presence in South China Sea but now that the plane is most probably located at the Southern Indian Ocean I don't think the Chinese government have much interest to throw money into that area.

Sydscott

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:20 pm

c933103 wrote:
If the aircraft was missing near the initially reported locations then they can utilize the incident to help establish their claims and military presence in South China Sea but now that the plane is most probably located at the Southern Indian Ocean I don't think the Chinese government have much interest to throw money into that area.

There is no Oil and Gas in the Southern Indian Ocean at those depths which China can economically extract you mean. ;-)

Anyway good luck to the French. Personally I doubt Malaysia is covering anything up but you never know. The more striking news from the Malaysian Report was the apparent lack of co-operation of Boeing in their analysis of debris. I find that surprising.

WkndWanderer

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm

I'm curious what specifically the French think they'll be able to do with the satellite data or to verify it (against what?) that hasn't already occurred in the last several years, the Australians poured over that pretty thoroughly and updated the confidence in it and their flight path models based on it a couple times over the years already didn't they? Beyond the seemingly low bar they set for wanting to avoid placing blame on an intentional pilot act, I didn't think their report overall was that terrible given the fact the recorders were never recovered and the limits on the the info they had.

Balloonchaser

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:00 pm

I see the US following along with Australia to continue their investigation. I personally see the world working together to solve this mystery in some way, shape or form

Gonzalo

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am

qf789 wrote:
France has re-opened the investigation into MH370 and is keen to verify the data from Immarsat. As a result of France losing 4 French citizens aboard MH370, the GTA says this has allowed them to conduct their own investigation.

FRANCE has reopened its investigation into the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 after Malaysia’s long-awaited “final report” failed to provide an explanation for the aircraft’s disappearance.
French newspaper Le Parisien reports that investigators are keen to verify data from Inmarsat — the British operator of a global satellite network — which tracked the aircraft’s pings to the southern Indian Ocean off Western Australia, where it is believed to have crashed.
In response, relatives of those on board MH370 issued a statement urging the Malaysian government to release all data, including military radar data, for review and analysis by independent experts.
Malaysia’s 449-page report into MH370’s disappearance, released on July 30, was universally condemned and sparked accusations by victims’ families of a cover up at worst and incompetence at best.

Let's hope the French has better success in attempting to solve this mystery compared to what we have seen so far

All very good and politically correct. Applause for the good intentions.
But, sorry to be the pesimistic here, unless they compromise huge amounts of money, sophisticated technical resources deployed on the Indian Ocean, and a constant and persistent work to keep this search alive, I don’t give too much credit to this effort. Is it better than nothing? Yes...But it is far from providing true hope for answers.

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600

undertheradar

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

Can only hope the French can uncover what happened. Malaysia govt and MAS just want this to 'go away/disappear' NO PUN INTENDED. And China the same... Some countries just dont care, like other countries do.. They have this 'attitude' that humans are just dispensable commodities...and after a period of time, 'its just another event' where humans have been killed/murdered. sad but true

spacecadet

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

It's nice that someone else will verify the Inmarsat data. But in the end, that's probably all that will come of it. Then we can at least hopefully put some of the wilder conspiracy theories to bed. (Though more likely, those who believe in such theories will just add the French to those who are in on the conspiracy.)

I've been saying forever that at some point, this plane will be found. But nothing's going to find it by just re-examining the data, which I'm confident has already been analyzed to death. What's going to locate the plane is more searching of the ocean floor. It may have been missed the first time; it may be just outside the areas searched so far; it may be somewhere else. But if France is just verifying the Inmarsat data and will only do more if they find something wrong with it... well, nothing's going to happen beyond verification of the data.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

777Jet

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:00 am

From the article:

"""French newspaper Le Parisien reports that investigators are keen to verify data from Inmarsat — the British operator of a global satellite network — which tracked the aircraft’s pings to the southern Indian Ocean off Western Australia, where it is believed to have crashed.

In response, relatives of those on board MH370 issued a statement urging the Malaysian government to release all data, including military radar data, for review and analysis by independent experts...
According to Le Parisien, French investigators want to re-examine “all the technical data” provided by Inmarsat in order to “verify its authenticity” and confirm if the plane’s path was correctly plotted."""

Hopefully the real military radar data gets released because so far we only have the word of the Malaysian authorities on that, and given the way they have handled this from the get go doesn't count for much.

Interesting how the French want to verify the authenticity of the Inmarsat data though. Do they suspect that the data supplied by Inmarsat was not authentic data to begin with???
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90,717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9,306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

NZ321

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 am

I suspect the controversy around this incident will be at play for quite a while. It's inevitable with so many unanswered questions.
Plane mad!

LTenEleven

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 am

An influential French business leader lost his family on MH370 and has been lobbying different circles for years.

He has written an interesting book, without too many of the conspiracy theories you see in such works.

trpmb6

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Sydscott wrote:
The more striking news from the Malaysian Report was the apparent lack of co-operation of Boeing in their analysis of debris. I find that surprising.

I was a little puzzled by this statement in the report. What more could Boeing really do? Parts like Flaperons are swapped out all the time by airlines and would need to be tracked by the airline. The best Boeing can do is say "yes that is a flaperon part# and was delivered on this plane's effectivity" but the airline would need to confirm which serial number it was actually on at this time since it could have been swapped out at some point.

I really don't know what more they could expect out of boeing.

As for the French opening their own investigation, if they can verify the imarsat data it will put to bed a lot of the conspiracy theories. That's about all we can hope for at this point as the search area in the south indian ocean is just too large and it's been too long at this point to really pinpoint anything.

zeke

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I am surprised that China didn't also open their own investigation and make demands for info from the Malaysian government and Immerstat considering they lost many more citizens than France did

Considering China stated they tracked the aircraft going down South China Sea and stated searching there wasting considerable search efforts by Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia is clear evidence they should be the last ones demanding anything. They never provided their radar data from their military assets in the area, and never provided the radar data from their over the horizon radar which covers that area. The aircraft should have been on the Chinese over the horizon radar for several hours.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

zeke

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I was a little puzzled by this statement in the report. What more could Boeing really do? Parts like Flaperons are swapped out all the time by airlines and would need to be tracked by the airline.

When a part is removed the maintenance records will say something like P/N XY123 S/N QWE345 removed S/N ASD456 installed.

It is known exactly the S/N of every tracking component which aircraft it is installed on. Large components like a flaperon are tracked.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

kalvado

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm

zeke wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
I was a little puzzled by this statement in the report. What more could Boeing really do? Parts like Flaperons are swapped out all the time by airlines and would need to be tracked by the airline.

When a part is removed the maintenance records will say something like P/N XY123 S/N QWE345 removed S/N ASD456 installed.

It is known exactly the S/N of every tracking component which aircraft it is installed on. Large components like a flaperon are tracked.

Who owns these records, airline or Boeing? Or Boieing gets a copy as well?

zeke

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 pm

It depends on the aircraft, but I would not be surprised if Boeing has a “copy”, these are computer database records.

SomebodyInTLS

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:17 pm

qf789 wrote:

That is some pretty crappy journalism right there... she's pulled that "universally condemned" right out of her backside. Just to create a clickbait headline. The article from her own website that she links to contains literally not one word about a cover-up or any sort of condemnation at all!

(It does mention that the victims' families were not satisfied, but in all honesty they never will be... as long as we don't know for sure what happened.)
Last edited by SomebodyInTLS on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

NZ321

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Wasn't there something about an influential passenger group from a notable American IT company on board? Has this ever been investigated?
Plane mad!

WIederling

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:52 pm

zeke wrote:
It depends on the aircraft, but I would not be surprised if Boeing has a “copy”, these are computer database records.

Boeing seems to have had no presence in the investigations. keeping very much low profile.
If they also appear to actively withhold information ...
Murphy is an optimist

LAXLHR

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 pm

Sydscott wrote:
c933103 wrote:

There is no Oil and Gas in the Southern Indian Ocean at those depths which China can economically extract you mean. ;-)

Anyway good luck to the French. Personally I doubt Malaysia is covering anything up but you never know. The more striking news from the Malaysian Report was the apparent lack of co-operation of Boeing in their analysis of debris. I find that surprising.

Malaysia takes cover ups to a whole other realm! Of course there is a massive massive massive cover up. It's also not a coincidence that TWO MH 777's were destroyed within months of each other.
BA JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL QQ UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR PG MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN PC LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

gzm

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 pm

LAXLHR wrote:
Of course there is a massive massive massive cover up. It's also not a coincidence that TWO MH 777's were destroyed within months of each other.

I think we are on the same wavelength. Finally we understand how and why those two are connected!

hinckley

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm

NZ321 wrote:
Wasn't there something about an influential passenger group from a notable American IT company on board? Has this ever been investigated?

Nope. Total cover-up there.

Other cover-ups: There were two young men on board who reportedly had pictures of a Chinese communist party minister's son in drag while he was at university. And there was the Australian women who had had a lesbian love affair with one of the housecleaners of the head of the CIA's secret UFO task force. The MH370 investigations are riddled with these dark, deep-state mysteries. We'll never know the truth.

c933103

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 pm

NZ321 wrote:

Report I heard was that there were lots of doctors on board who helped to perform organ transplant for certain Chinese former leader using organs from questionable sources

airnorth

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:42 am

hinckley wrote:
NZ321 wrote:

Nope. Total cover-up there.

Other cover-ups: There were two young men on board who reportedly had pictures of a Chinese communist party minister's son in drag while he was at university. And there was the Australian women who had had a lesbian love affair with one of the housecleaners of the head of the CIA's secret UFO task force. The MH370 investigations are riddled with these dark, deep-state mysteries. We'll never know the truth.

:rotfl:
Love these posts, so funny!

TheFlyingDisk

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 am

I'm surprised nobody mentioned...you-know-who. That thread in non-Av has been rather entertaining.

SomebodyInTLS wrote:
That is some pretty crappy journalism right there... she's pulled that "universally condemned" right out of her backside. Just to create a clickbait headline. The article from her own website that she links to contains literally not one word about a cover-up or any sort of condemnation at all!

(It does mention that the victims' families were not satisfied, but in all honesty they never will be... as long as we don't know for sure what happened.)

It's a News Corp media outlet. Quelle surprise.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

NZ321

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 am

I can't possibly see a connection between the two MH incidents. One has been proven to be a missile by independent investigation. I'm not accepting there is any evidence of connection.
Plane mad!

wiggy

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 am

some tell the ntsb to look in south china sea

buzzard302

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:59 am

Good on the French to launch another investigation. This one needs answers for the sake of all people on board and families with losses. Not to mention aviation technology and crash prevention in general. I will forever be fascinated by this mystery until it is solved.

caoimhin

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:14 am

WIederling wrote:
If they also appear to actively withhold information ...

Have you any support for that otherwise baseless and utterly irresponsible statement?

travaz

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:18 am

kalvado wrote:
zeke wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Who owns these records, airline or Boeing? Or Boieing gets a copy as well?

There is no doubt that components such as a flaperon are tracked. My question would be how would a component wash ashore if the Aircraft that it came off of didn't crash into the ocean. To my knowledge MH370 is the only 777 to go down into the ocean.

zeke

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:43 am

Most aircraft types have lost parts at some time or another.

vahancrazy

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 am

Is there any reference to previous accidents where an airplane got something broken and subsequently had hours of flight?
If pilot/s decide to commit suicide or similar, there is no immaginable reason to fly so faraway.
If it exploded / was shot down in the air, it would have just disappeared there except in case the damage was not so severe. Thus, in the second option, it allowed to try fly back but then something more broke and they could not complete the landing proceedure.
This last option seems the most reasonable... who knows?!

hinckley

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 am

vahancrazy wrote:
If pilot/s decide to commit suicide or similar, there is no immaginable reason to fly so faraway.

Because you've committed suicide and have first-hand knowledge of how the suicidal mind thinks?

vahancrazy

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:25 am

hinckley wrote:
vahancrazy wrote:

Because you've committed suicide and have first-hand knowledge of how the suicidal mind thinks?

No, I don't. That's why I said there is no reason I can immagine about to fly so faraway.
First asdumption would be to just ditch down the airplane as fast as possible like the germanwings case in Europe a few years ago.
Second asdumption would be to continue the flight until you find the courage and pitch down.... which sounds unlikely if pilot was not under drugs.

Therefore, if it was a controlled flight all the time it seems to me there was a first controlled part when "turning west", then a possible fight, then a next controlled flight. Since last part was toward Australia, I don't recall if it was technically possible (fuel quantity), you can think the pilot was trying to reach Australia.

Ruscoe

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am

Question: If a person was to stow away in the forward avionics bay, is it possible, with the proper equipment, they could make the aircraft perform the maneuvers it did, from the avionics bay?

Ruscoe

777Jet

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 am

Here is an article from yesterday discussing the Captain's home sim data:

'Malaysia’s MH370 report a ‘cover-up’'

https://thewest.com.au/news/mh370/malay ... b88924172z

""A final report on the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is a cover-up of the captain’s actions, according to industry sources in Malaysia.

One source said the “seven flight waypoints” recovered from Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s flight simulator program — flown just weeks before the plane’s disappearance and which replicated MH370’s final flight — were all from one session.

But Malaysian authorities, in the final report, found the waypoints were from separate sessions and therefore of no significance.

“There is no question the waypoints were from one flight into the southern Indian Ocean,” the industry source said.

“This is a cover-up.”

READ: MH370 families say search should go on: https://www.airlineratings.com/news/mh3 ... ain-table/

Another source, who works as a contractor to Malaysia Airlines, told The Weekend West that “very early on” after MH370 disappeared the airline’s operational management said “Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was responsible”.

The final report released on July 30 exonerated both pilots, a finding that has been met by disbelief.

Chief investigator Kok Soo Chon said “we are not of the opinion that it could have been an event committed by the pilot”.

The Australian Transport Safety Authority report on the search for MH370 issued in October said: “In the six weeks before the accident flight, the pilot in command had used his simulator to fly a route similar to part of the route flown by MH370 up the Strait of Malacca, with a left-hand turn and track into the southern Indian Ocean.”

But the Malaysian report dismisses this and says that “the Royal Malaysian Police forensic report concluded that there were no unusual activities other than game-related flight simulations”.

The flight simulator is not a game. It is a recognised and endorsed flight-training tool used by many airlines and the US military.

One of the most respected analysts of the MH370 disappearance, Independent Group member Victor Iannello, has also criticised the report.

“How can Malaysian investigators ignore that the captain had the best opportunity and capability to divert the plane?” he said.

“How does the compressed time line of the diversion fit any other possibility?

“It is understandable that the safety report did not apportion blame to the captain. However, it is not understandable that the report deflected blame to an unnamed third party.”

Mr Iannello said it was odd that the Royal Malaysian Police concluded there were no unusual activities given the “extraordinary coincidence” that a simulated flight — which included a departure from Kuala Lumpur — ending in the southern Indian Ocean was recovered.""

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Here is an older article (from 2016) regarding the same data:

'MH370 pilot used simulator to plot course over Indian Ocean'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/0 ... ian-ocean/

""Australian officials confirmed on Thursday that data recovered from a home flight simulator owned by the captain of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 showed that someone had used the device to plot a course to the southern Indian Ocean, where the missing jet is believed to have crashed.

There has been confusion over exactly what was found on Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah's flight simulator since New York Magazine reported last week that an FBI analysis of the device showed Zaharie had conducted a simulated flight to the southern Indian Ocean less than a month before the plane vanished along a similar route. The magazine cited the discovery as strong evidence that the disappearance was a premeditated act of mass murder-suicide at the hands of the captain.

Malaysia immediately rejected the report as false. Malaysia's national police chief, Khalid Abu Bakar said Malaysian police had never handed any document or information to any authority abroad including the FBI - a perplexing statement, given that Malaysia's own transport minister confirmed two years ago that Malaysia was working with the FBI to analyze data from the simulator's hard drives.

Adding to the confusion, Australia's Joint Agency Coordination Center - which is overseeing the search for the plane off Australia's west coast - subsequently issued a vague statement that seemed to imply such a route had been found on Zaharie's machine.

The agency then cautioned that evidence of the route did not prove that Zaharie had planned to steer the plane off course and showed only "the possibility of planning" for such an event.

Pressed for clarification, the agency confirmed in an email to The Associated Press on Thursday that the captain's simulator did show that "someone had plotted a course to the southern Indian Ocean."

The confirmation appears to directly contradict repeated assertions from Malaysian officials that no such route had been found on the captain's simulator.

On Wednesday, Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai insisted there was no evidence to prove that Zaharie had plotted the same course as the doomed airliner into the machine.

Earlier this week, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull declined to offer any details on what evidence had been found on the simulator, saying it was a matter for Malaysia, which is leading the investigation into the missing plane.

"I just note that even if the simulator information does show that it is possible or very likely that the captain planned this shocking event, it does not tell us the location of the aircraft," Turnbull told reporters.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Here is a link to another article regarding the data:

'ATSB details MH370 captain's simulation of Indian Ocean route'

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... -o-441735/

"""Six weeks before the accident flight the [pilot-in-command] had used his simulator to fly a route, initially similar to part of the route flown by MH370 up the Straits of Malacca, with a left-hand turn and track into the southern Indian Ocean. There were enough similarities to the flightpath of MH370 for the ATSB to carefully consider the possible implications for the underwater search area."

...The simulator data was a partial reconstruction of a flight simulator session from 2 February 2014," says ATSB.""

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

So, did the FBI themselves ever issue a statement regarding the Captain's home sim data or their involvement?

Whether or not the waypoints similar to the alleged route 9M-MRO took came from a single sim flight / session (especially one just 6 weeks before MH370), or were just part of a total collection of waypoints over a longer period of time, is important because it either makes the Captain look more guilty or makes the home flight sim element irrelevant.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90,717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9,306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

hinckley

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:21 am

vahancrazy wrote:
hinckley wrote:
vahancrazy wrote:

No, I don't. That's why I said there is no reason I can immagine about to fly so faraway.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but you did not state that "there is no reason I can imagine." You stated "there is no imaginable reason." Opinion vs fact.

vahancrazy wrote:
Therefore, if it was a controlled flight all the time it seems to me there was a first controlled part when "turning west", then a possible fight, then a next controlled flight. Since last part was toward Australia, I don't recall if it was technically possible (fuel quantity), you can think the pilot was trying to reach Australia.

It's my opinion that you are absolutely correct. I believe it was a controlled flight and I believe it was the pilot's intent to commit suicide and to do it in a spectacular fashion - namely making a modern jetliner disappear, never to be found. That's just my opinion based on everything I've read including 777jet's fine post above. But at the end of the day, I think it's much more important to determine the facts of what happened as opposed to the motives behind those facts.

hinckley

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 am

777Jet wrote:
Whether or not the waypoints similar to the alleged route 9M-MRO took came from a single sim flight / session (especially one just 6 weeks before MH370), or were just part of a total collection of waypoints over a longer period of time, is important because it either makes the Captain look more guilty or makes the home flight sim element irrelevant.

Excellent post, 777Jet. Thank you. And I agree, if the waypoints were entered as a single sim flight, it reinforces the theory that the pilot planned to divert the plane to the Southern Ocean. As I stated above, I think it's less relevant why he may have diverted the plane. It's much much more important to establish the fact that he did divert the plane.

journeyperson

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 am

Do the French government have any idea what they have restarted in Airliners.net? I think it is due to Airbus lobbying to take attention away from the miserably misguided A380 which should never have got off the ground to cast its shadow over the Boeing 747...

hinckley

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 pm

journeyperson wrote:
Do the French government have any idea what they have restarted in Airliners.net? I think it is due to Airbus lobbying to take attention away from the miserably misguided A380 which should never have got off the ground to cast its shadow over the Boeing 747...

:box:

gzm

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:29 pm

vahancrazy wrote:
Is there any reference to previous accidents where an airplane got something broken and subsequently had hours of flight?
If it exploded / was shot down in the air, it would have just disappeared there except in case the damage was not so severe. Thus, in the second option, it allowed to try fly back but then something more broke and they could not complete the landing proceedure.
This last option seems the most reasonable... who knows?!

1. Quite a few but they never became silent.
2. Exactly,my friend! Only yesterday there was a person who stole a plane,did spectacular things, he voiced his complaints and reason for doing so and, satisfied, flew to his death. Otherwise everything would be in vain. There is no reason not to give an explanation but people do not understand that.
3. I believe that the plane was forcefully made to ditch because it was by then a rogue flight. I am not the only one who believes it. For example, Marc Dugain,who once ran the French carrier Proteus and who,incidentally, has been warned by British Intelligence officers not to look too closely in the case of MH370 because he was "taking risks".

Raptormodeller

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Personally I have more faith in the French than the other parties who have already tried, having more experience with AF447 for example. Secondly, along with having 4 frenchmen on board, the flaperon was found on a French island. They are also much more rigorous in accident investigations than other countries due to the sheer amount of laws that protect the person/citizen instead of the company. I wish them happy hunting in finding answers.
A380 A330 A318 A320 A321 B737 B757 B767 B747 MD80 E185 E195
AF BA QF SQ HOP LT AA

vahancrazy

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 am

hinckley wrote:

I don't mean to be pedantic, but you did not state that "there is no reason I can imagine." You stated "there is no imaginable reason." Opinion vs fact.

My a.net friend, in my opinion you were not pedantic in pointing a grammar correction. Since English is not my mother language, if my message was unclear or not correct, I am happy to be corrected in oder to improve!

journeyperson wrote:

Do the French government have any idea what they have restarted in Airliners.net?

black humour: the whole case was created to provide us a.nutter with a never-ending thread!

777Jet

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 am

gzm wrote:
Only yesterday there was a person who stole a plane,did spectacular things, he voiced his complaints and reason for doing so and, satisfied, flew to his death. Otherwise everything would be in vain. There is no reason not to give an explanation but people do not understand that.
[/quote]

Can you provide the complaints / explanations that were voiced / provided by the pilots of the other pilot suicide flights -(the flights you have been in denial about for years with your nonsense claims that pilots don't do such horrible things)- before they were intentionally crashed???

While you were busy denying pilot suicide, a GermanWings A320 pilot suicide flight that happened AFTER MH370, and you kept denying pilot suicide until the discovery of the FO's dairy notes and medical records. Still, he did not provide an explanation - he just did it.

So provide the explanations given by the likes of Tsu Way Ming or Gamil El-Batouti or stop repeating the nonsense line of ""There is no reason not to give an explanation but people do not understand that."" There are many instances in which it would make perfect sense to just do it without giving an explanation, especially if one was going to leave a family behind, or for insurance reasons. So just stop the nonsense of ruling out the pilots just because they did not announce an explanation to the world.

Here is today's pilot suicide flight, let's see what explanation the pilot gave (despite the reason being obvious in this case):

'Pilot crashes plane into his own home in Utah with wife and boy inside, police say'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 980591002/

Not all people are going to announce their intentions or give an explanation for doing something very bad - you are just going to have to accept that fact.

SomebodyInTLS

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:21 pm

777Jet wrote:
Here is today's pilot suicide flight, let's see what explanation the pilot gave (despite the reason being obvious in this case):

'Pilot crashes plane into his own home in Utah with wife and boy inside, police say'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 980591002/

Not all people are going to announce their intentions or give an explanation for doing something very bad - you are just going to have to accept that fact.

The statement in Utah was obvious. The statement in Seattle was obvious. The Germanwings statement was obvious....

There is a total lack of any statement at all in the actions taken during MH370. If there was then we woudln't still be arguing about it! This is the fact that you never seem to accept...

Again, I will put out the disclaimer that I'm not ruling out that it was some bizarre intentional act - but there is literally no point in performing such a complicated action for some political cause unless the reasons are obvious to the general public.

That, for me, makes it almost certain that something went wrong somewhere - either during normal operations or during some kind of stunt being undertaken for a political cause. In my opinion there's almost zero chance the entire set of events was planned exactly as they played out.

And that's why I think this idea that someone intended to fly the thing undetected into the Indian Ocean is unlikely. Quite apart from the fact that you should *expect* to be detected passing back past Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia...
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

hinckley

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 pm

SomebodyInTLS wrote:
The statement in Utah was obvious. The statement in Seattle was obvious. The Germanwings statement was obvious.... There is a total lack of any statement at all in the actions taken during MH370. If there was then we woudln't still be arguing about it! ...

TLS, we have nothing but educated speculation regarding MH370, and your educated speculation is as valid as anyone's. But just consider this ...

There was a philosophical theory back in the 90s that is commonly referred to as "the end of history". It postulated that everything that can happen has happened. I (and may others) have always rejected that concept. There will never be an end to first time events imo. And I think it's almost (totally?) impossible to understand what's going on inside the head of any suicidal person. My educated speculation is that it was pilot suicide. I believe that the pilot wanted to become legend by being the first to make a modern airliner disappear. I think he wanted to become the modern Amelia Earhart mystery. If that was his intent, he certainly succeeded.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos